Why do people say Liverpool is one of the big four english teams when it has 0 (zero) PL titles?

Why do people say Liverpool is one of the big four english teams when it has 0 (zero) PL titles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9wAEFtUO1e4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

5 times la

because of muh history
Liverpool haven't been relevant or successful since Slippard dove his way to a CL win.

Because trophies won before 1992 still count.

>Why do people say Liverpool is one of the big four english teams
no one says that lad behave

Because they've won the champions league in the recent era, they're not a new money club like Chelsea and Man City, they have a world class manager and they're historically one of the top 2 English clubs.

Their kit is made by New Balance. Not Puma, not Nike, not Adidas, not Umbro, not even plebbit tier Macron or Joma.

New Balance.
>zero PL titles

based huebro putting Red Everton in their place

>being ABL

This. You can judge a club's standing by their kit sponsor.

No team will ever win the PL with a New Balance kit. Even plucky Leicester had Puma on their side.

No user, I like Leicester.

don't really mind leicester desu

All Liverlel hatred aside, 2005 was one of the more well deserved trophies of the decade.

What has Puma won, though? I remember them sponsoring Spurs, Dortmund after they won their titles, and Arsenal in the last couple years. None of them won the title with Puma as their sponsor.

Blackburn won it with an Asics shirt.

Well we will be the first, Celtic have new balance and they won their league.

>historically one of the top 2 English clubs.
Manure fan detected.

and before that it was Warrior. they make hockey sticks and lacrosse gear. New Balance just stepped in because of how awful they three years ago

Although it really would be dumb to judge a team by their kit manufacturer. Liverpool's kit deal was the biggest premier league deal at the time and still bigger than Man City, PSG and Juventus

New Balance owns Warrior. The same company as before is making the shirts, only now there's a different logo.

>what are arsenal fa cup wins

Sevilla won the uel at least
Last seasons final was full new balace
I also reead in footyheadlines that NB were looking to make an offer to Dortmund or Atletico or some team like that

>Although it really would be dumb to judge a team by their kit manufacturer
No, it's not.

Popularity is generally the biggest factor in considering a club "great". Not that I agree with that, but it's just how it is. People have the belief that, for instance, Arsenal is one of the greatest clubs in the world. Why? Because they have the biggest fanbase in London and huge exposure, if you were to actually consider its accomplishments they wouldn't even be top 50.

.....they don't. Not here anyway. I don't know a single person, even Liverpool fans, that say they're one of the current big 4.

For all the people saying they're not a money club, kill yourself. You seem to forget the hundreds of millions spent on dogshit players like Andy Carroll and Downing.

History. Here Saint-Étienne is still well respected, but has been irrelevant for 30 years

>What has Puma won, though?
the world cup with Italy

That's an outdated term. It's from the 2000s when the top 4 places (so all the CL spots) were dominated by Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Because football did not begin in the year 1993.

>People have the belief that, for instance, Arsenal is one of the greatest clubs in the world.

No, they really don't...

>what are arsenal fa cup wins

Not league titles.

Ignoring the history aspects it's because for about 10 years Liverpool was a team consistently in the top 4 of the premiere league along with 3 other clubs who had a vice like hold on those spots, and in the one year they didn't make top 4 they won the champions league.

The "big four" hasn't existed since 2009. Manchester City and Tottenham ruined it.

>People have the belief that, for instance, Arsenal is one of the greatest clubs in the world

Only Arsenal fans think this.

Leicester is Cred Forums's team

Dunno about greatest but certainly one of the biggest, even without a CL

Why does Cred Forums have a collective memory that goes back about 10 months? It's weird to see people relentlessly criticize teams and players who were great a long time ago.

ABL

>Dunno about greatest but certainly one of the biggest

They're definitely in the top 15.

Wow how dumb and poor are you that you care about logos

Can we all agree ABL is for Leicester, ABLi is for Liverpool?

>they wouldn't even be top 50
They would be. If the CL is your main criteria, only ~20 teams have won that, and even then do you put them ahead of teams like Red Star and Nottingham Forest?

There is no current big 4.

ITT

Hues getting rekt

>if you were to actually consider its accomplishments they wouldn't even be top 50.

Arsenal have a dozen league titles, they're not an elite club or anything but they're easily top 20. They're basically in the same tier as clubs like Roma and Tottenham.

Arsenal are about the 6th biggest club in Britain.

>Tottenham are in the same tier as Arsenal

Why do people hate Liverpool though?
Is it the fact that Liverpool is a shithole or the fans that believe in muh history?

They arent as obnoxious as plastic fans from city or chelsea for me though

If by hues you mean scousers, yes.

When LFC and Real Madrid were both under Adidas, the kit manufacturer revealed Liverpool sold even more merchandise that Real Madrid.

Really? I thought they were 3rd-biggest.

Liverpool had a 15-year period where they won 3 European Cups and 7 league titles, and they were apparently completely insufferable as a fanbase during that period. Their fans also got all English clubs banned from European competition thanks to Heysel.

Think about it this way: if Juventus went to shit tomorrow, and didn't win a title for the next 25 years, would Italians still hate Juventus in 2031?

Rangers and Celtic are both bigger clubs than Arsenal.

ayyyyyy, it probably goes United> Liverpool> Arsenal> who cares

They pretty much are, though. Arsenal, Roma, Tottenham, Schalke.....all fall into the "we've got a lot of fans but we've done nothing in Europe" category.

At least Arsenal have won some league titles and cups. Spurs have done fuck all for decades.

but arsenal's fanbase is far bigger than either of those two teams

Arsenal have squandered more than Spurs though. They have had great teams in the past and failed to win that elusive european cup with players like Vieira Bergkamp and Henry.

So you're only basing it on Europe... Now look in England. Arsenal have won the league the 3rd most times and share the record for FA cups. Tottenham last won the league in 1961. And Arsenal have way more fans than all of those, if that's a criteria.

How's that an argument? Tottenham haven't had anything to squander.

>Le football began in 1992 meme

Suck murdoch's dick sky baby

>Vieira Bergkamp and Henry.
>Not overrated memes

ABL cucks come back when your team has pic related.

TOP 4

Man Utd
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool

TOP 6 (NOW)

Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool

Chelsea won the most trophies from 2010 onwards, so they're the "top" of the Top 6. Before that, it was United dominance with Chelsea and Arselel far behind them.

>Chelsea won the most trophies from 2010 onwards, so they're the "top" of the Top 6

Damn, have they really? It doesn't feel that way at all.

>Arsenal have squandered more than Spurs though

They had Bale and Modric but couldn't win a single trophy.

So your 'now' is just picking an arbitrary date, you're a fucking mong

If we're talking NOW, then Chelsea are a fucking midtable team

He's talking about this decade, it's not completely arbitrary.

I know, as a Chelsea fan it feels fucking weird winning the Europa League, Champions League, two league titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup all in the space of 5 years only to fuck up ever since.

Doesn't take away from the fact that they won almost everything in the space of 5 years. Also it isn't arbitrary when Tottenham and Man City started to win more often after 2010, hence the top 6.

Liverpool has been hungover from their past success. I like what Klopp is doing but they need to work on their youth and have inner development. A LIverpool team under the radar is very dangerous. They cannot sell Coutinho to Chelsea, Man U, or Barca next year. Build on those players. They are always restarting.

Fair points, I didn't know all that

Liverpool won the League Cup in 2012. Tottenham have won nothing. How are they a bigger club than Liverpool if you're talking about trophies since 2010?

i always thought people were jokeing when they said this. then i looked it up and realised they weren't joking.

how can a team with 5 cls not have won the league?

OHHHHHHHHH CHAMPIONEE
THE ONE AND ONLY
WE'RE LIVERPOOL

Really makes you think.

they've won the league 18 times back when it was called something else
JUST IN CASE YOU AREN'T TROLLING SORRY IF YOU ARE

football was invented in 1992 you idiot

they haven't won any leagues

Sorry

I'm impressed Romaniabro is not here.

Tottenham were the better team; more wins more points.

Kys

Most successful English club in European competition, huge global fanbase, lots of league titles.....it's all based on stuff that happened more than 10 years ago, but it's keeping them going. They're like the Eastern Roman Empire of sports.

uhhhhhhhhh

How to know if a club is big 101

1. Having won at least 10 first division league titles.
2. Having won at least 10 cup titles.
3. Having won at least 2 UCL.

Alternatively, how to know if a team is semi decent 101:
1. Having won more than 5 league titles.
2. Having won more than 2 cups.
3. Won at least 1 UEL.

Anything below is shit tier. Including meme clubs like City, Chelsea or PSG.

youtube.com/watch?v=9wAEFtUO1e4

>ABLs

The butthurt has increased 100 fold since this season started lads. You can fight the incoming era of Liverpool dominance, but in the end it's inevitable.

>mfw Kloppo wins one for da 'pool

if they win 1 and lose the next year it's nothing too worrying
if they keep on winning the league though...