Why do some americans sperg over native american nicknames on sports teams? Some of them are really nice...

Why do some americans sperg over native american nicknames on sports teams? Some of them are really nice, helps raising awareness for them, stuff like that.

some people unironically are cuckolds, ie white apologetics who care about muh injuns

The Seminoles got permission from the actual tribe and all that.

Indians and Redskins is kinda tacky desu

>The Seminoles got permission from the actual tribe and all that.
Oh, that's nice. Also them unis are 10/10.

Some of them are ok, like FSU , but for other tribes, especially out in the Midwest, it's an uncomfortable reminder of the Indian Wars. 90% of the native americans were killed off by disease, but most of that remaining 10% (mostly out west) were murdered by Americans, and naturally they're unhappy about it.

>murdered
It was war you pussy faggot

>The Seminoles got permission from the actual tribe and all that.
Didn't stop the school from being sued by a bunch of asspained liberals who felt obligated to be offended for the Seminoles.

Listen m8, they were genociding each other long before we showed up
How can savages even compete??

Indians are named after a reporter who wanted to suggest a new name for the naps

American lawsuits are money-related, and you can't prove me wrong.

Yeah, no shit. That's the entire point of a lawsuit.

Not for compensation and damages, user. Free money. Just like every single basketball player has raped a woman in their lives while the practice is not quite common outside USA.

>90% killed by disease + plus remaining 10% murdered

I didn't realize Indians went extinct.

SWJ is an overused term but that's literally all it is. Most natives polled have no problem with the nicknames, it's the politicians, SJWs, and "I'm 5% Cherokee I swear" folks that are insulted by it.

Redskins is a bit racist, being serious. It's a derogatory name, equal to something like wetback or jigaboo (and nigger too, honestly)

The other ones (Blackhawks, Seminoles, etc.) are fine.

FSU has a 'partnership' with the Seminole tribe (ie pays them monthly annuity checks) so they don't seem to mind too much

I'm 6.25% Cherokee (by my full-blooded great-great-grandparent) and I feel like I get a bad wrap. It's nothing that I brag about or think is special. I surely don't think it makes me a bonafide member of the tribe / culture. It's just a neat thing to think about sometimes, that my ancestors were on different continents that each didn't know that the other existed for thousands of years.

IDK, I know some people lie about it or give it way too much credence, but I do have the records to back it up, and the whole meme surrounding it makes me feel self-conscious about it.

BTW, for whatever it's worth and to stay on-topic to a degree, I don't think the Redskins should have to change their name.

SJWs. Regular people give literally zero (0) fucks.

because they fat slobs in this country have nothing better to do than to wine about promiscuous bullshit that has no bearing on their life whatsoever.

Shut it kike.

He said "most of the remaining 10%". Learn to read.

I'm a skins fan and think they should change it, or at the very least won't care if they do. It's not some grand PC conspiracy, it's just a kind of racist name.

you were genociding yourselves in Europe too you dirty fucking cave beast savage

It's a term of endearment. Go cuck it up with your friends at reddit

Super edgy bro well done moms gonna freak

>murder the fuck out of indians 100 years ago
>now cry that you shouldn't offend them

Pathetic as fuck, injuns deserved what they got and there's no point or reason to tip toe around their feelings

Take any sensitivity out of the way

>Chiefs
Shit name
>Redskins
Shit name
>indians
Shit name
>Braves
Shit name

Blackhawks are the only good native name anyway just move on and rebrand for the better