Do people really like current ESPN?

Do people really like current ESPN?

Surely they don't, right? All it is now is people yelling their shitty opinions at one another and the anchors failing at being funny. To to mention their incessant need to talk about social issues that barely have to do with sports.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/761304994494701568
twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/737306503565213696
twitter.com/AnonBabble

define people

People hate it so much they're avoiding cable TV because of it. This is going to screw ESPN, and Disney as a result.

whenever espn does something shitty that people don't like, they just double down and do more of it

it's an interesting business model

Dan le batard show is great most of the time besides some of his race talk, everything else has gone to the sjws

More, younger folks are choosing not to get cable since they can subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, find streams, etc.

ESPN only has MNF and it's usually not a marquee matchup anymore.

NBA viewers can pick an League Pass subscription.

Baseball viewers can watch their team locally.

Sportscenter is no longer required nightly viewing since viewers can find scores and highlights as they happen.

All ESPN can start to/have been relying on are talking head opinion and social issue shows, and the latter is going to wear thin on ESPN's traditional, middle aged male viewer base.

ESPN is fucked.

Nobody likes ESPN, just most are forced to have it in their cable packages and ESPN sues companies if they try to offer cable packages without it.

yeah same with fox sports 1

these stupid national sports networks have no need to exist anymore

>incessant need to talk about social issues that barely have to do with sports
It's like that with almsot every US station trying to capitlize on racial tension. Our sports networks never get political and besides CBC even our news is balanced and unbias enough.
American culture is cancer and will destroy the west

>American culture is cancer and will destroy the west
Agreed.

Lebetard show
PTI

fuck everything else

For at least the last 10 years PTI has been the only thing on ESPN besides actual games that is worth watching.

Around the Horn is alright if they stay away from race.

Mike & Mike
His & Hers
SportsNation

Everything else is shit

>Mike & Mike
>His & Hers
>SportsNation

Mike & Mike are the biggest closet fags ever
Marcellus wiley is obnoxious as fuck.

Good

this and they've been at it for a while
some 30 for 30's have been really good too but that's it for espn

His & Hers? Come on dude, in all seriousness.... you don't mean that right? That's the worst fucking show on any sports tv channel.

I grew up watching ESPN in the 90's, but sadly, I have not watched the channel in the last 3 years.

Tim Tebow killed ESPN. Prove me wrong.

The internet and the availability of information killed ESPN.

Anything not basketball is terrible coverage
>soccer
"And he kicks it..he did something and scored"
>football
"Here comes QB X and a great throw to end zone for TD..*long pause*nice catch by WR1
>baseball
"Batter hits a line drive , pitcher doesn't look happy, and Yankees are playing"
>basketball
OH AND HE DINKS N DUNKS WOW LEBRON IS A GENIUS HEY SCOTT VAN PELT BELT WHATEVER PLEASE SAY SOMETHING
Oh yeah he is the greatest player to ever grace the sport Tyrone

>and Disney

Nah senpai, Thanks to Star Wars, Pixar, and the MCU, Disney can jettison E!SJW with little to no consequences.

>Born to early to see the rise of ESPN
>But born in time to watch the slow withering and eventual death of ESPN

No. Ratings are down. Subscriptions are down. Everything is down.

But gender and identity politics are up! Girls with super thick latin accents are up! SJW slant after slant is up!

Clay Travis is a huge faggot but he's done good work on this subject. As ESPN becomes MSNBC their ratings are shit, who would've ever thunk it?!

Hey guys, let's take all the guys who actually played these sports off the air and replace with them all with a bunch of brown girls! Because Current Year shitlord! :D

I like how they didn't mention serena williams doping, because it doesn't fit their womyn can do anything narrative

to answer your question, OP, I still watch ATH and PTI, but that's about it

Happy Hour and Le Batard's show are the only things worth watching.

I can't believe people still watch any of these awful panel shows.

Wilbon has always made shit about race. Lebatard now brings up racial shit even before the shoehorned into a Latin father & son's show Bromani Jones can. muh panky rang rotflol haha bro. And I just washed my hands forever when Reali & ATH were promoting the Obongo lookin motherfucker's GAY WEDDING PICTURES on a goddamn sports show. Pablo Torre? How about no.

ESPN lost over 4 million subscribers in the past year. May begin losing money by 2021
twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/761304994494701568

ESPN's lost 1.5 million subscribers in past four months, 10 million in past 2.5 years
twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/737306503565213696

>people yelling their shitty opinions at one another and the anchors failing at being funny

Oh the ironing

people watch the panel shows because that's all that's left now, thanks to the internet you can get any scores and highlights at will, whats the fucking point of sports center anymore?

FS1 bases their entire practice around panel shows now instead of highlight reels because no one goes to TV for that shit anymore, you may not like it, and I agree that race baiting and some of the agendas at play are unacceptable, but there is nothing left to watch ESPN for, especially when you have to subscribe to it.

Actually they're not but thanks for playing.

Who watches anything other than live games and highlights? Stop watching the other shit.

Fucking this. 90% of the shit people are complaining about in the thread are morning to mid day panels. You shouldn't even be watching this shit regardless. Even if you're a NEET you should have other hobbies that keep you from this bullshit.