Is he that bad of a manager?

Is he that bad of a manager?
Should he try another shot at managing
Is his analysis as a pundit as bad as his coaching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjHC36vAdDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He had his chance and he fucked it at valencia. All the shit he talked as a pundit but he couldn't put it to practice.
> the state of the english managers

Choosing Valencia was a huge gamble and it didn't pay off. He must have known it would have been a huge risk

>never played in The La Liga
>didn't know the language
>only experience is as an assistant coach for a national side

I hope he does try again, but hopefully for his sake he takes over a Championship side first

Le all talk no walk man

why the fuck would a championship side waste their time with this jabroni?
the stakes are way too high for them to even consider the ratman,he'll go to a lowly league one side at the very best

He said he doesn't want to

every wannabee manager can prove himself in League 2 or something but they all want to start big. Neville had no business in Valencia other than being pals with Lim.

If he doesn't try to get another job in management then he loses all credibility. It would mean the only reason he even tried was because his mate offered him a job.

But was it really his fault tho? I mean Valencia right now is just as and maybe even more shit than during his coaching

Valencia is and allways will be a piece of crap, no matters who the coach is. But he was pathetic anyway.

His analysis is good but its nothing you wouldn't see if you were in any analsys meeting at a top league club

People just think he's a genius because nobody usually puts any effort into punditry

It's quite hard not to sound intelligent when you're mostly compared to people like Jamie Redknapp.

I don't think people realize how much thinking goes into coaching and training. This is not Football Manager. You can't just tell your team to press high and counter-press after they loose the ball.

Pep for example sets his running workout up, so that the running exercise imitates the pattern Pep wants his players to move when they loose the ball.

You could be the best football expert ever, but if you can't teach the players you're not gonna get anywhere.

You can't just tell the players "All right, when the ball is here, I want you to drop back, you fill in the space he left, you two to go wide, then you pass the ball to him, you move back..." etc.
You have to train your players so that they do those things automatically, out of instinct.

Besides, I don't even think he's that good of an analyst. There are people on the internet who write much more detailed about football.

youtube.com/watch?v=vjHC36vAdDo

bet I can make them win La Liga first year as manager

fucking gary should sit down and shut up.

shit manager, shit pundit.

He never managed before. He's just a former player that was employed as a pundit, when some far east asian dude decided he was the man needed to drive Valencia forward.
If he had a little bit of intllligence he would have refused the job, because he should've have known that it was way too much for him.

So no it's not the "state of english managers" because Neville wasn't a manager. Did he even had the UEFA pro licence above level 3?

>So no it's not the "state of english managers" because Neville wasn't a manager
it is though. he was the manager of valencia and hes english.
>If he had a little bit of intllligence he would have refused the job
yeah im sure all smart people wouldve turned down millions. are you fucking retarded?

No little scroungy jippo. That's why your kind isn't welcome here . but neville is as good as manager as he's as pundit.

Yes
Fuck off.

yes. now kys tariq

he should have refused the valencia job, it was an impossible mission, he had no experience and they have one of the hashest fans in football. Wouldn't surprise me if this episode killed his managerial career

tb.h his first experience was in the most competitive league in the world. He could do well in a secondary league

He made a mistake by going to Valencia. I'm still shocked that club can somehow function.

Being thrust into such a big important job without any real prior-experience managing a team was an incredibly stupid thing to do.

It's not brave to jump into something like that, it's naive.

the biggest problem is valencia was in complete free fall and disintegration at the time (still is) yet most fans will still demand top 5 finish, and he got hired mid season when everything was crumbling

very different to start at a stable mid table club with not many requirements and being able to do proper preseason and transfers of your choice

All this while being your first job and not speaking the local language. It was career suicide

Speaking of bad management, you now remember Mauro Camoranesi

He managed Tigre earlier this year and was >our league's version of Neville. There was no Barcelona to give him a major blowout loss, though.

>Wouldn't surprise me if this episode killed his managerial career
being english probably does more harm to his managerial career lel. plus, managers do shit jobs all the time and still get chances. the epl always needs a couple of token english managers

This guy knows what's up. Hundreds, if not thousands, of coaches still use stupid ways to train like running laps.