/cric/

tomorrow:

2nd Test: India v New Zealand at Kolkata
Sep 30-Oct 4, 2016 (09:30 local | 04:00 GMT | 06:00 CEST)

1st ODI: Pakistan v West Indies at Sharjah
Sep 30, 2016 (15:00 local | 11:00 GMT | 13:00 CEST)

1st ODI: South Africa v Australia at Centurion
Sep 30, 2016 (13:30 local | 11:30 GMT | 13:30 CEST)

>african t20 cup
1st Semi-Final: Zimbabwe v E. Province at Oudtshoorn
Sep 30, 2016 (09:45 local | 07:45 GMT | 09:45 CEST)

2nd Semi-Final: Northern Cpe v North West at Oudtshoorn
Sep 30, 2016 (13:30 local | 11:30 GMT | 13:30 CEST)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormatia_Worms
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIxAzf2B1M
fupa.net/liga/landesliga-berlin-st-1
indiatoday.intoday.in/story/anurag-thakur-bcci-india-vs-pakistan-uri-attacks-terrorism/1/771628.html
espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1059765.html?CMP=chrome
wisdenindia.com/cricket-article/the-ashwin-formula-attitude-is-90-talent-2-method-is-the-rest/223865
espncricinfo.com/rsavaus/engine/current/match/238200.html
youtube.com/watch?v=sVaRHJn_dgM
youtube.com/watch?v=XTCnO5MXvoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*SQUI

you're a fuck

3rd for KP did nothing wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormatia_Worms
*squish*

SH*

So DeuGODS are pretty much in charge of /cric/ now.
Nice

there are no WORMS left to squash

Just woke up lads

india
pakistan
south africa

I think they're under the earth right now, sleeping.
Someone has to make it rain!

Its 3 am lad, go sleep

goosey here

ama

Is KFC still open lad?

no m8

Andrew Fekete here, ama

yeah good call mate

*strategically posts during class*

I worry for you

bump

friendly reminder afghans are genetically superior to banglas

yes

do u guys think Malaysia might get sri lanka tier one day

Brett Hutton here lads, ama

*is finished with classes so finally responds*

I hope so, they certainly have the potential with how incredibly quick the sport has grown and is still growing in the country. I'm sure >we'll make it one day.

Does FHG have any hope in making /cric/ great again?

I miss Binga

How do I get into this sport?

watch it

Which match? I see 5 different ones in the op

Watch the Aussies desu

Stove Smoth to go ham on the Saffers

Talk with any taxi driver tbẖ

is Kane Williamson switched to baseball in order to follow his "childhood dream" he'd be Hayne Williamson

This is a good post

I didn't ask you.

Thanks. I might just do that.

>Immigration staff send wrong detainee to Christmas Island
>Immigration staff mistakenly transferred the wrong detainee across the country earlier this month after confusing him with another Indian man
dat casual racism

watch baseball, it's better

Lmao

it's true, you need to accept it

Lmao

>New Zealand's captain Kane Williamson has been ruled out of the Test because of an illness. Williamson was unwell on the eve of the game and did not train with his team-mates. Ross Taylor will lead New Zealand in this match, and Henry Nicholls will probably play in Williamson's place.

F

I almost died after a brand new tyre I bought the week before exploded while I was on the freeway and I spun out of control and crashed into a wall

fugg, did you hit anyone?

the worst accident I've had was when I was taking my mums dog to the vet. I was on a highway and the car infront of me slammed their brakes on - so i obviously did as well. The dog fell out of the back seat (wasnt secured - big mistake) from the momentum and onto my lap and knocked me off the steering wheel. Car smashed into the gutter. Luckily I was in the left lane and there was a side street right infront of me I was able to veer into but the wheel was completely destroyed. Amazingly thats all the damage there was so all I had to do was put the spare on and I was off.

oh Canada!

Do you know any hot French-Canadian girls from Ontario who are interested in Indian men?

nah, I was lucky since it was about midnight and there wasn't too many people on the road

Someone explain what the fuck these meme elbow band things are

NZ paying $12 for the win kek

free money

Guptill can't be any worse at bowling that he is batting

dont follow cricket that close outside of the austrailan team, worth a tenner?

Could Twink Blot make the Sydney grade XI?

kek no

their greatest ever player isn't playing

he was unironically bowling better than Craig and Sodhi for a time last game

why they bring back Shitcar?

My good mate Henners who doesn't know I exist is playing. That's sweet.

>Henry

yawn

remember when daniel shilled him as the best PP bowler? He makes le chin musician look talented

I loved Matt Henry in Pride and Prejudice.

>Tendulkar is better than Bradman

you now remember Hamish Bennett

Shitcar ironically is the Indian Warner

You now remember Carl Bulfin.

>Jeetan Patel playing

what the fuck?

>you now remember daniel comparing Henry to Bond

I really don't

just in action tbf

He's been pretty in form playing County. Got something like 50-60 wickets in the most recent season.

Has /cric/ ever been sledged while batting in the crease?

yeah, but I thought he had retired from international cricket

Daniel sledges himself as motivation for a quick fire 25(55)

you now remember Hamish Marshall

What is it with NZ players who abandon their country to play county. Do they not get paid?

Ah. Right. Gotcha. Yeah, he did.
Guess he's taking this as his last opportunity. Heh.

>West Iceland

What was meant by this?

Daniel has blogged about learning Icelandic and playing cricket there in the past.

Fact Missile: Odelay is the greatest pop album ever written.

Impossible to refute desu.

is Ian Bell related to Stringer Bell ?

Rate my dinner last night lads

G O O S E

World class batsman produced by state

NSW:
>Victor Trumper
>Charlie Macartney
>Don Bradman
>Stan McCabe
>Sidney Barnes
>Arthur Morris
>Doug Walters
>Bob Simpson
>Allan Border
>Steve Waugh
>Adam Gilchrist
>Michael Clarke
>David Warner
>Steve Smith

VIC:
>Bill Ponsford
>Neil Harvey
>Lindsay Hassett
>Bill Lawry

QLD:
>Matthew Hayden

WA:
>Michael Hussey

SA:
>Greg Chappell

TAS:
>Ricky Ponting

Huh really makes you think doesn't it

Where's Bevan at?

thanks, you reminded me

World class batsmen produced by state

NSW:
>Victor Trumper
>Charlie Macartney
>Don Bradman
>Stan McCabe
>Sidney Barnes
>Arthur Morris
>Doug Walters
>Bob Simpson
>Allan Border
>Steve Waugh
>Adam Gilchrist
>Michael Clarke
>David Warner
>Steve Smith

VIC:
>Bill Ponsford
>Neil Harvey
>Lindsay Hassett
>Bill Lawry

NZ:
>Kane Williamson

QLD:
>Matthew Hayden

WA:
>Michael Hussey

SA:
>Greg Chappell

TAS:
>Ricky Ponting

Huh really makes you think doesn't it

>I only know guys from after 2000 and the rest are just famous players I've heard of

nice list

>state with the largest population and most training and development opportunities along with a football code that doesn't pinch potential cricket talent produces the most players

Really gets the grey matter going

Boon and Langer

>NSW has 7.5M/24M
>has produced more world class batters than the rest of the country combined
You're right, it really does get the neurons firing

>along with a football code that doesn't pinch potential cricket talent produces the most players
Is that the 'football' code where >we have two of the three best teams in the country?

Good players but never world class during their eras

>>David Warner
kek

may as well mention any player with an average above 45

>he left out Allan Border who hit the most runs of any player until Lara
>he left out Bill Brown who was Wisden Cricketer of the year in 1938 and opening batsman for the invincibles

Like I get that you're 14 and that it's very exciting that mum has let you on the computer, but come on lad.

Border's there

>>he left out Allan Border who hit the most runs of any player until Lara
I'd hate to see whatever sad excuse they have for an education system in your "state"

>NSW
>Allan Border

Reposting:

I dunno why other teams struggle against Australian batsman when they have such clear weaknesses.

Warner and Khawaja: Right hand off spin outside the line, occasional one that doesn't spin coming into the stumps. Also if you deny the ability of Warner to free his arms then he will quickly get impatient. Regularly he would get out trying to cross bat a delivery on the top of off, thus getting a top edge for an easy catch for the inner fieldsmen. He seems to have improved on this though, he was getting out to it literally every time in England 2015.

Finch: Retarded at the start of the innings, likes to feel the ball on the bat. Right Arm over just outside the line, get him poking at it, then trap him on the crease. Uses little footwork. Also retarded against spin, uses sweep alot though an unnatural looking shot.

Smith: Will most of the time look to flick it to the on side. Bowl at a fifth stump line with outswing to get him driving. Likes to use his feet against spin, so drop the occasional one short.

Maxwell. Yorkers and Bouncers. Sometimes uncomfortable against the short ball. Will reverse hit alot, so a good yorker will bowl him, though you must get it right because a half volley or full toss will likely go for 6.

Bailey: Dunno desu lol. His stance is a bit weird I guess, and likes to sweep ALOT.

M Marsh: Retarded against spin, no foot work. Likes the ball onto the bat and playing horizontal shots. Starts slow in his innings and is very vulnerable.

Faulkner: Seeing as he nearly always comes at the end of the innings, he is looking to make crucial last runs. Is a leg side slogger, just keep pegging away at the corridor of uncertainty and wait for him to make a retarded shot.

Wade: Doesn't like spin and gets flustered easily. Right arm off spin outside off, build pressure and watch him get out.

This is an ELITE truth bomb

Is Afghanistan /our second team/?

Enter: Santman

Ireland till I die lad

Bailey just bowl a 6th stump line and he is done

very flawed player. If the ball does literally anything in the air or off the pitch he is in trouble. His best conditions are unironically Indian pyjama roads (because the ball doesnt bounce much either, which is also a problem for him)

AWWWWWWWWWW YIS SLUNKAY

>Shane Warne

>batsmen

Hmmm I seem to have fucked up

yeah mate

did you miss Warnie's classy 99?

Apologies. Next time I'll try to find someone who watched Trumper play live and ask them what they think of him.

Against New Zealands greatest ever team as well

Kek, I tried to get some burgers to support PNG in cricket last time that threat was made

ugh

that backfired on you didnt it

now how do I support this turk club?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIxAzf2B1M
#elite

keep up with their fixtures/results here: fupa.net/liga/landesliga-berlin-st-1

sooner or later you'll have to move to berlin though

Beginning to unironically wonder about cricket in malaysia lads

got a bit of gas this evening lads

saw them live and they did a 20 minute versio of this
fucking great show

>falling for this meme
jeez, Malaysia is a tier 2 associate nation. It is literally, at a minimum, 50 years away from Test status. I'd unironically bet on Germany getting Test status before Malaysia

Have you ever heard/read anything about Malaysian cricket that wasnt just shilled by Wankush?

yes
I also never said anything about test status you dumb fuck

>last update on cricinfo's malaysia site is from 2014
>no fixtures for the senior team
at least the u19 won against qatar yesterday

Test status only being an indication that the sport has developed to the point where they are internationally competitive. The actual status is irrelevant.

What I'm saying is, I don't see Malaysia even being at current Afghanistan level within 50 years

>kholiflower

Tiny mouth gets a wicket.

and I'm talking about popularity alone
Nepal are rabid about cricket and shit at it. Same with Bangladesh. Regardless, Afghanistan took what, 20 years?

>Boult to Kohli, OUT, gone! Kohli, Kohli, chasing at a ball wide outside off.
this is becoming a meme

has the 'kohil is world class' meme finally ended?

Pissrat is done

>khuckli

Here's the problem. Cricket has no popularity in Malaysia like it does Afghanistan/Nepal and you have unironically been deluded by Wankush into thinking it does.

Wankush is an Indian who lived in Malaysia. He is far from an objective source. Naturally he associates with lots of people who like cricket because of his background and even he probably believes cricket is alot more popular than it is.

I just did a 60 second google and from what I can tell cricket has little to no footprint in Malaysia. Even Rugby is substantially more popular.

When did I say it was comparable? Stop jumping to conclusions you autistic fuck.

>i know better because i googled it for 60 seconds
alright lad

>"and I'm talking about popularity alone"

so since the sport has next to zero popularity

>"Beginning to unironically wonder about cricket in malaysia lads"

you spend your time wondering about things that don't exist?

>disregarding the comments of someone who lived there for """evidence""" from 60 seconds of googling

Yes and the thing I was wondering about was its potential to become popular. YOu generally don't wonder about something that does exist mate.

Kys

Yeah I wonder about your sex life

>It's a KrazyKrezja creates an imaginary narrative in his head and posts a wall of text arguing against it episode

60 seconds of googling is unironically more reliable than the probably ironic shilling of a 17yo Indian. I cannot find a single source, reliable or not, that even puts cricket in the top10 sports in Malaysia. Indians make up 7% of the population of Malaysia. I cannot see cricket having any reach outside of that small demographic.

I unironically wonder about cricket in Turkmenistan

Just saw FHG on Hanson vs Predator lads

Literally and unironically it is making progress thanks to the based Afghanis spreading it.

kys

lads, what's going on with the india-pakistan potential war?

will the cricket be called off?

>will the cricket be called off?
its beyond that point

indiatoday.intoday.in/story/anurag-thakur-bcci-india-vs-pakistan-uri-attacks-terrorism/1/771628.html

The BCCI themselves are LITERALLY calling the Pakis terrorists

just got off the phone with Anurag Thakur and it's not looking good mate

based fucking Goosey

>away teams have now lost 14 out of 14 tosses in India, Sri Lanka and UAE in the last year

fucking corrupt lads

Fuck i hope this triggers a terrorist attack on the BCCI and ICC
Sick of them ruining cricket

>some games of cricket can essentially be decided by who wins the toss

nice sport

>spinners yargsh.... test match!
>99 not out
>!

statscunt has lost it lads

This pitch is going to be fucking shit by day 3

fuck

thanks for keeping us in the loop m8

>Jay: "I would like see Kohli's stats without his runs in Australian series. I am sure his average must be below 40 without that landmark series." - Well, here you go: 2289 runs at an average of 38.79, seven hundreds and 10 fifties.

LOI babby

Godhit > Poohli

kohli should unironically have been australian, he prefers hard bouncy meme wickets than the bunsens they dish up in the subcontinent

Victoria needs more Dean Jones

Is pujara a poo jabber?

his attitude is that of a typical australian batsman too
apparently Australia is the only non-indian test nation that has a positive opinion of him, probably because he's literally one of >us

Also Woodfull and Miller

imagine if the kohli family had immigrated to australia when he was young

instead we got stuck with khawaja

>tfw South Australia is a shithole in every way

At least we're A-League premiers and champions

who 'the fuck' is Jeetan

glad to see you got power back lad

The server is back up lads

THE GOOSE IS LOOSE

espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1059765.html?CMP=chrome
awww shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

>Poojara s/r: 38
>Rahane s/r: 28
think the skipper is going need to have a word with these two

>Pujara av. 48
>Rahane av. 48
>Kohli av. 44
maybe those boys should have a chat to the skipper about not throwing your wicket away

Kholi is literally the most overrated man in test cricket. Internationally it's Dhoni, but he's pyjama only now (and just as shit)

what a fucking deck
looks like day 4 at the SCG

Dhoni was elite at his peak. Up there with Bevan and MEK Hussey as a pyjama finisher.

he was useful but not great as a Test player. Had good moments, but I dont think anyone ever rated him as world class in Tests.

>at his peak

Ballance and Usman were elite at their peaks too.

>I dont think anyone ever rated him as world class in Tests.
indians

>that false equivalency

Fuck off, Dhoni was brilliant in pyjama for years and won a World Cup. He walks into an alltime pyjama xi. I only even inserted the word peak because he has declined rapidly the last couple of years and is pretty shit now.

and we're talking about now you dumb fuck

>He walks into an alltime pyjama xi.
fuck off retard

>all this talk about Malaysian cricket

>Even Rugby is substantially more popular.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

m8, NO ONE in Malaysia plays rugby. Cricket is easily the fastest growing sport in the country. Yes i'm an Indian who lived there but that doesn't mean I was incongruous the entire time.

Literally end your life you pathetic loser. The "7% Indians" in Malaysia and Tamils who have been there for hundreds or years and have minimal connection to India.

Look at this photo in the team and tell me once again how cricket has no reach outside of that "small demographic". Look at the u19, senior team, school teams, state teams, all of them are mainly native Malays

>I cannot find a single source, reliable or not, that even puts cricket in the top10 sports in Malaysia.
Literally all of cricinfo, the facebook pages, everything the ICC has published about >us, and countless more. I will fucking

Yeah I'd definitely choose Dhoni over Gilchrist. Shut the fuck up. Literally Ballance is better

>talking about stuff you have NO idea about

Literally execute yourself cunt

>Ballance
I mean Buttler ofc

>so mad he couldn't even finish his post
high kek

KK's getting PTFO again ladsa

it's 4am lah

i guess this pic proves that cricket is a top 10 sport in germany then

the difference is he straight up said only indians play cricket in malaysia

You never said that, but it doesn't matter. if that is the case, then James Anderson is easily THE most overrated player presently in international cricket. At least Kohli is elite in one format.

Gilchrist
Tendulkar
Ponting
IVA Richards
de Villiers
Dhoni (c) (wk)
Klusener
Akram
Starc
Warne
Lee

/afl/ is up lads

Let's go over this slowly for you.
>Kholi is literally the most overrated man in test cricket
Meaning that we are talking about his:
>current form;
>in test cricket.

>Internationally it's Dhoni, but he's pyjama only now
meaning that we are talking about his:
>current form;
>in pyjama cricket.

>James Anderson is easily THE most overrated player presently in international cricket
And he only plays test cricket right now. He has also taken 50 test wickets in the last year at an average of 19.24. Now you're about to say something about homebabbism, but half those games are away and a quarter of them were in the graveyard that is the UAE.
So yes, Anderson is definitely more overrated than the guy who has flopped against everyone but the third best bowling attack in the world (West Indies) since coming to Australia and is still regarded as one of the top 3 batsmen in the world. Kys.

see Also, I have never claimed that cricket is one of the biggest sports in the country, only the fastest growing.

if Buttler does it for another 7-8 years and wins his country the '19 World Cup he will be Dhoni-tier.

>Yeah I'd definitely choose Dhoni over Gilchrist.
Why would it be one or the other? They had completely different roles

>only the fastest growing.
can you actually prove it though?

I mean I know a Malaysian - an actual Malay, and he doesnt know anyone who knows anything about cricket. The point being - anecdotal evidence isnt worth much.

>completely different roles
wicketkeeper?

>I know a Malaysian - an actual Malay
A whole one malaysian!

Winning the world cup is irrelevant
Duration of form is irrelevant (or are Chanderpaul, Younis and Misbah the greatest batsmen of the modern age?)

>Rugby union in Malaysia is a sport with a long history, and a significant participation. There are 41,050 registered players, and the country is currently ranked 57th.[2] There are sixteen unions, associations and councils affiliated to the Malaysian Rugby Union, more than 300 clubs, and 600 schools which teach the game.

>as opposed to this other one - non Malay - Malaysian
Yes, you understand the concept of anecdotal. Well done!

Christ you are an argumentative piece of shit. Do you have literally any friends?

>can you actually prove it though?
I mean I saw the sport go from "literally what" to "I know someone who plays it" in barely half a decade.

The t20wc was played in restaurants and bars about as much as other sports.

The numbers, facilities, and training all definitely improved but I just don't have the numbers for it.

>I mean I know a Malaysian - an actual Malay, and he doesnt know anyone who knows anything about cricket.
I mean does he live in Australia?

>only the fastest growing
how do you even quantify that? attendances? club memberships? revenue? all those?

>Winning the world cup is irrelevant
That confirms it. You are a parody. You aren't actually interested in discussing cricket or sport. All you are trying to do is argue with me for the sake of it.

You DESPERATELY need to have sex.

there's a difference between anecdotal evidence from someone who only knows one malaysian and someone that actually fucking lived in malaysia.
Rugny is also a sport with a long history in Australia and fairly high participation levels, but I can honestly say I don't know a single Australian born person
who watches either form of the game.
>Christ you are an argumentative piece of shit
coming from you lmao

number of players, teams, leagues, coaching programs, increased media presence.

>Tendulkar
never won a world cup
>de Villiers
never won a world cup
>Klusener
never won a world cup

Get these people out of the XI! They never won a World Cup!

If winning a world cup is all that matters, surely only Australians should be selected in an "all time pyjama XI"?

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but I just havent been able to independently find anything about cricket in Malaysia. I mean the sport in Malaysia wiki page doesn't even mention cricket. I know that is pretty weak, but if it had any type of foothold, someone would probably have stuck it up. I mean fucking netball has a section ffs.

All I'm saying is, you are a guy who likes cricket alot. You are exposed to a disproportionate number of people who like cricket alot. This probably gives you the perception that cricket is alot more popular than it actually is.

I work closely with a Canadian guy who is obsessed with baseball. Because of him I'm exposed to alot of baseball crap. I know various things about the MLB and where alot of the baseball competitions, teams and grounds are in NSW/ACT (there is a surprisingly high number). But just because Baseball has a cult following and I'm exposed to it doesn't mean it has any sort of meaningful national footprint in Australia.

>I mean does he live in Australia?
He has for the last two years, I met him through uni. He is a Malay(an?) from Malaysia. Born and raised in KL.

once again
>I know one guy that watches baseball
compared to
>I know many people that play cricket

>You will never get GAYLE'D

Why live?

>number of players
>teams
>coaching programs
okay, and have you looked at the actual numbers for those and compared them to other sports in malaysia?

>this fucking level of cognitive dissonance

>de Villiers
>never won a world cup
>Klusener
>never won a world cup
But they have produced absolutely elite performances at the WC. If Buttler does that, he will be Dhoni-tier. But he was rubbish at the 15 WC

>Tendulkar
>never won a world cup
lol, so you've watched even less cricket than Daniel. Interesting

but they never won the world cup!

obviously tendulkar was a mistake since he was in the 2011 one, but you are LITERALLY retarded if you restrict the sample size to an arbitrary group of games because it's "muh world cup".

Where did I say that "winning a world cup is all that matters" ?

I'll think you'll its YOU putting words in my mouth.

It's true that the World Cup itself is all that really matters in ODI cricket, but you don't necessarily need to win it to be considered great.

I don't restrict it exclusively to the WC, but I give it probably a 70/30 weighting. The 30 only counting for longevity and consistency.

What has longevity and consistency got to do with it?
What has the world cup got to do with it? Yes, it's all that matters in terms of final results for a nation, but the quality of a performance doesn't change just because of the time the game was played.

>Why is the FIFA World Cup more important than friendlies
That is literally the question you are asking me right now. Reflect upon how absurd it is you are even asking this question.

And make no mistake, bi-lateral pyjama series are nothing more than glorified friendlies

>but the quality of a performance doesn't change just because of the time the game was played
yeah mate this bi lateral ODi series spearheaded by the might of BasedBoland and Mennie is just as competitive as the World Cup

>What has longevity and consistency got to do with it?
These are two things that always get factored in when discussing sporting legacy and 'greatness'.

For example, across formats peak Ponting > peak Sachin. But Sachin is almost universally regarded as the greater player because he sustained his performances for a far longer period of time.

Friendlies and bilateral ODI games are completely different in terms of stakes.
>bi-lateral pyjama series are nothing more than glorified friendlies
factually incorrect
>yeah mate this bi lateral ODi series spearheaded by the might of BasedBoland and Mennie is just as competitive as the World Cup
But if those two were the strike bowlers in a World Cup your opinion would change? Player performance is always measured against the quality of opposition, not the time when the game is being played
>sporting legacy
no one is talking about this
>'greatness'
arguable. Le one good summer man was great for that one summer and put out one of the best fast bowling performances in well over a decade.
>peak Ponting > peak Sachin
so Ponting was a better player than Tendulkar by definition. If you are going to consider decay then half of your "all time XI" have no reason to be there.
>Sachin is almost universally regarded as the greater player
'no'

Kys

You've been schooled kid

I really could say 'eating shit is a bad idea' and you'd argue the point, wouldn't you

>Friendlies and bilateral ODI games are completely different in terms of stakes.
Not in terms of context. What they both have in common is that they are not the pinnacle of the sport/format.

The difference between bilateral Test & ODI series' is that the former is the pinnacle of the format. How often do players get rested from Test matches? Rarely. Only ever if its a ZIM/BANG opponent or a bowler is being rested in a dead rubber.

Whereas in ODi series there is rarely a series that goes by where both teams arent resting key players.

>Player performance is always measured against the quality of opposition
And the 'quality of opposition' in bilateral ODi series is objectively inferior to World Cups for aforementioned reasons, as well as arguably how hard the teams are 'trying'

Another example. You could guarantee if there was a World Cup starting tomorrow Max Glennwell would be back in the team. But the selectors are happy to give caps to Travis Head to try him out and give him experience. But there's no way he'd be playing if these matches actually mattered.

What the "pinnacle" of a format has nothing to do with performance. this IS an objective fact and YOU cannot deny it.
If the two best teams in the world play eachother in a tightly fought game on a minefield, would you ignore the man of the match's performance because it wasn't the world cup? All that matters is how strong the competition was and how impressive the player's effort was when considering who is a great player.
>'quality of opposition' in bilateral ODi series is objectively inferior to World Cups
KEK no. Is the West Indies ODI side that played in the 15 World Cup better than their 90s bilateral side?
>as arguably how hard the teams are 'trying'
New Zealand tried far harder against Australia this year than they did against Afghanistan, Scotland and Bangladesh in the World Cup the year before.

>Another example. You could guarantee if there was a World Cup starting tomorrow Max Glennwell would be back in the team. But the selectors are happy to give caps to Travis Head to try him out and give him experience. But there's no way he'd be playing if these matches actually mattered.
Once again, this means NOTHING. As I said, a player's skill and performance is compared against the quality of the opposition they play against. Yes, the world cup often involves a stronger opposing side, but this is not always the case and to completely discount ODIs on that assumption is fucking retarded (which is what YOU are doing).
There is a correlation between quality of teams and a world cup, but there have often been far stronger sides played in bilateral series than the world cup.

/cric/ has the best autists

Nek wicket when?

Hang on, I'll give Ross a ring

>68(207)
is he, dare I say it, finished?

Just took a big smelly david warner lads

Rahane>Pujara>>>>>Pissrat>Soshit

>Ashwin: Attitude is 90%, talent 2%, method is the rest
wisdenindia.com/cricket-article/the-ashwin-formula-attitude-is-90-talent-2-method-is-the-rest/223865

then why the fuck arent I an international cricketer

GODhit is LITERALLY going to big any day now

Just like Kholi was, right mate?

soon

Anurag Shitkur is BJP. So bcci stand will be the same as that of govt.

>head of the cricket administration is LITERALLY a member of a political party
sometimes I forget how corrupt you Asians are

Srinivasan was literally a politician of something wasnt he?

lol no
Not in tests.
As a captain maybe.

politics and business goes hand in hand in asia

he said around about now

>87

Cheers, bud.

just fell asleep lads

september's almost ended lad

That Greenday joke never gets old, unlike their music.

American Idiot is a masterpiece. And still very relevant to today's political climate. Sad!

kys

Go back to your /rug/ containment thread you cum guzzling name faggot

You have a foul mouth young man

Your new poonsality is fucking pathetic shitspouter.

Don't speak to my wife like that ever again

Only a matter of time until Brohit goes large

>tfw my net is broken and only 3mb/s so i cant watch the game

Saffers have a good anthem

What happened to Kookuburra lads? They used to sponsor most of Australia's top order

>all those afrikan qts

>ball moving

good game, see you lads in summer

#EliteTruthies: Vaginas are fucking disgusting and objectively less appealing than penises in all aspects.

Tbh when I think of >our cricket rivals, south africa are right behind England. Do you lads feel the same? Do the South Africans feel the same?

Kohli will literally average 65 in his 30s.

Finch you FAT fuck

It's not the fucking IPL you useless shit

Seeing krazykosby debate this furiously against someone that isnt me just doesn't feel right tbqh.

s h o t
h
o
t

Yeah, I think that's the common opinion, despite what New Zealanders seem to think. I think South Africans like playing Australia the most of all the test nations, but it's not an ashes tier rivalry

sa england and india are opponents i consider real, rest are just practice games i cgaf about the result of

quite enjoy pakistan games myself ttytt

I will literally hang myself if I don't get a single (You).

Today will literally be the Dale Show

Such a cosy time slot (9:11pm Adelaide time)

The only comfier time slot is watching the ashes when England is hosting the ashes.

Finch will be out before double digits

ah, 15-20 years ago yeh, but since then nah

yeah Tbh I feel like my affection for their side is still entirely because of Inzy and Wasim

chin music

Based fucking davey

Stream for the 50/50 lads? Not sure the Sky jew is playing it.

crictime.nl lad

Finch is fucking useless

really makes me think

Fucking based. Australia should do this at a canter shouldn't they?

>20 year old kid
>sledging warner

full strength sure, this bowling """"attack"""" is terrible though because the first string bowlers are being rested and the second string ones are injured

he must be retarded aswell, because how do you sledge a retard

good point

try to be clever and it goes right over his head

>trent boult is still above starc in odi bowling rankings

fucking ridiculous

based

>anyone above starc
fucking ridiculous

Haha I've just seen the lineup on cricinfo. I legitimately don't recognise two of them, and Boland is a fucking journeyman at best.

Good to see professional Jimmy Rustler Bailey getting a game, shame he's so one sided dimensional though.

there's unironic talk of george coming back into the test side for india

Perhaps it's based on mouth size to wickets taken?

>One sided dimensional.

The fucking state of me. One dimensional**

Because of spin playing ability? Or because the selectors feel they need a ginger old cunt in the side?

spin
also need someone to offset smith's idiocy

literally leave finch behind to feed the starving africans

Gonna be a high scorer lads. AS usual with SA v AUS. Anyone remember this one? espncricinfo.com/rsavaus/engine/current/match/238200.html

still think >we would look a better side with memeswell instead of head

I assume this will be that 430-odd match

nah, no one remembers it

not opening, i assume its game where we made the record odi score then lost?

couldn't believe what i was watching when it happened

comfy ground Tbh

I would have him in the side to offset the sperglord, but coming into a test side for the first time in two years with poor average at his age has egg on face written all over it. Wouldn't it be better to blood an up and comer? There is almost no benefit for him to be there.

Maxwell getting dropped is the best possible thing that could happen to his cricket

regardless, Head is the future

kek, still salty

was being sarcastic m8, obviously everyone remembers it - it's one of the greatest ODIs ever

Watched it at the Redback in London with a bunch of aussies, fuck me did we get hammered drunk that day.

fuck off finch you were looking like total fucking shit against proper bowlers

Travis Head literally averages less than Adam Lyth

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT WAS HE FUCKING THINKING

BARELY MISTIMED, JUST A DUMB FUCKING SHOT YOU WASTE OF FUCKING SPACE

>Might have tricked the batsman

Wayne Parnell has never tricked a single batsman in his entire career.

Judge after this series

Was Mick Lewis elite?

Pommy is a top tier commentator

How the fuck do you pronounce that name
sri lankan shit right there

DAT WALLOP

Oh wait, it's Finch. Fuck off mate.

The Ryder Cup isn't even on tv yet. And why can't I listen to BBC Radio 5 Live when I even have a fucking proxy on?
It keeps saying I can't listen due to geographical location or whatever??? With the proxy turned on to an English location??

He can literally only score against the shitters. Give him a good ball and he doesn't know what to do with it.

dawlat zadran would walk into an asian XI #elitetruthbomb

gonna be sitting in my room alone on NYE and i will never get another gf ever again #elitetruthbomb

it's actually funny how Afghanistan have already unearthed two fast bowlers better than most of the shit the subcontinent put out, Pakistan obviously excluded

that hits a bit close to home Tbh mate
spent last NYE watching South Africa play and insulting daniel

>le 360 degrees player maymay

fareed ahmad looks good too

why is it that you never hear katich comparisons with smith
am I going crazy or do both do that same meme shuffle

Yeah on your bike fuckwit

Racial quota btfo finch

btw aghanistan are clearly much better than ireland. ireland are overrated

Ireland are a meme team in every sport they play.

Imagine if they had rankin and morgan tho

Ireland could probably have made it to test cricket if all their players didn't leave for England at the first opportunity. Greedy cunts

peak rankin was better than any afghan bowler
same with peak morgan, best o'brien and joyce
fairly sure they dominate them in first class cricket too

rankin is a big shit goober

not biased, i think thats not out

good call
got rankin back lad, he's lost his form though

Did he just scream cunt?

Ireland will never make it because cricket isn't important to the wider population.

AHHH YA FUCKIN' CUNT

nah, fingers got caught on the grass and then flicked out just as the ball hit them
>commentators literally baffled about what a soft dismissal is in the background
jesus

no i cant find the stats but afghanistan have actually had the better of them over the years, contrary to popular belief. and afghanistan have pulled ahead of them now and will continue to do so imo. afghan in europe would be close but afghan would dominate them in asia

youtube.com/watch?v=sVaRHJn_dgM
Classic Robbie Williams to start the day lads

Yeah he is seething

George Bailey will get out for the last digit in my post number.

England and NZ mate

>CUNT

Hahahah Finchy

>Head
>M. Marsh
>Wade
that's pretty thin

jesus
>referring it
jesus

based connor

might be marshes one game every 6 months

At least cricket is the 3rd most popular in those countries
Cricket would have to compete with all those meme sports the Irish play on top of soccer and rugby

Yet another poor LBW review from Watson.

Who
>scared for the blowout?

literally already reconciled myself with the loss this morning

spooky

HAHAHAHAHA get a brown dog up ya Smithy

based fucking mitch, put that trash away

based fucking Phehlukwayo

fuck, nice shot

Is there a quota system for the Proteas?

who /Nevereverwatchingcricket/ here?

yeah 6 coloureds or something

Who /neverwinningaworldwar/ here?

It's apparently "a suggestive target"

In the 11 or whole squad?

based mitchy

Good thing they're not shit, unlike their coloured rugby players. Wonder if Tahrir counts?

In the 11

This basically kills Morne Morkel's test career desu

he does, but there's a black african requirement in that 6 too I think
word is de Kock unironically counts as coloured

think Philander wants to be an allrounder, so Morne's still in with a shot

Welcome to the club, cunt.

M A R S H
A
R
S
H

But how? Is he not full Afrikaans?

Tricky bullshit, this thing is basically the only thing keeping JP Duminy anywhere near the national side despite how fucking shit he is.

he's black like le 201* man was abo

been in absolute hole for the last month or so but think i'm slowly finding my way out of it

wish I had some mates that watched cricket lads
hell, I'd settle for mates that watched anything other than wogball. Can't even talk about the footy with them

yeah I'm the same Tbh
still overeating, but that's a wip and everything else is fixed

>Bavaria tier bants

Why don't you just secede already? You guys are the most autistic and serious form of German backpackers we get.

Our World War record is: Played: 2, Won: 2, which is more than you can say.

buckle in mate
if he makes it past 30 he's set

tbf >we got blown the fuck out by the turks in one of them

>tbf >we got blown the fuck out by the turks in one of them
englands strategic officers you mean

greatest retreat of all time la

phoneposting germans leave

true
also true
genuinely impressed at the shit they pulled there

Really want Marsh to be elite. Got a bet on him being the next test captain with a mate Tbh.

>Got a bet on him being the next test captain with a mate Tbh.
he will be, who else?

and who the fuck does ur mate reckon will be then

Where do you live?

yeah that's literally the only reason I did it.
no one else with leadership skill is pushing into the test team
don't think he knows who it's going to be, just reckons mitch is getting dropped

no chance

>that cunt who keeps screaming out as the bowler is releasing the ball

NRL is up lads

WA

Plenty of cricket fans, just not my friends

still, dropped for who hahaha

the state of our current cricketing talent is horific, we're gunna be fucked in 5 years

fuck
also my point

Just put a cheeky $20 on Marsh for a hundy lads.

LOL

i hope you're joking

I don't think I've ever had a bet last less than a minute. Fuuuucccckkkkkkk.

Bowled to head in the nets once

No you didn't

Sup lads, what have I missed? How's Smithy doing?

he's fucking shit like usual
finch is also shit and marsh and warner are okay but gave their wickets up

i've literally played cricket on the mcg

I literally did too
it was as a kid as the tea break entertainment though

Melton Cricket Ground isnt that impressive mate

yeh same haha

tahir looks like a tapir

Tahir seems like such a cunt with that beard. You can just tell he's one of those people who thinks it's le manly and shit and always is talking about how great it is

I've literally eaten dog shit before

youtube.com/watch?v=XTCnO5MXvoI
had a dream about this for some reason last night lads
still remember watching it on the telly, shed a tear for based cathy when she won Tbh

>AusWORMS and ZeaMAGGOTS think they were relevant in defeating us
kek
KEK
K E K
Don't flatter yourself

turn your proxy off bear

>DAT WALLOP

BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD BASED HEAD

knew a saffer chick that was fucking obsessed with the australian team.
she actually admitted to fingering herself while looking at pictures of johnson during that 2014 tour.

These boundaries aren't making me feel particularly secure lads

John hastingz is the best looking Australian in the XI

>wasting starts: the batting order

Donald Bradman: 170 cm
Steve Smith: 176 cm
Darren Lehmann: 176 cm
Ricky Ponting: 178 cm
Michael Clarke: 178 cm

Adam Gilchrist: 187 cm
Brett Lee: 188 cm
Matthew Hayden: 191 cm
Mitchell Starc: 195 cm
Glenn McGrath: 196 cm

Who has contributed more to our game; manlets or lanklets?

>Bailey using the 9 iron out of his golf bag at the Highveld

Is there anything he can't do?

I'd a Wade Tbh. Head and Zampa aren't bad either. Bailey has that digger charm about him too.

batting - manlets
bowling - lanklets

why did you pick these 10?

kek dumb bitches

was just about to say something nice about Head

Is Babar azam elite

I'm not autistic enough to search for some sort of cricketer height database.

fucking stupid stacy normie roastie cunts

what

dancers for the innings break were trying to rehearse in front of the sightscrene

big group of girls decided to set up camp in front of the sight screen and they had to stop play for a minute

Time for some meme wade sweeps

almost went the way of his old mate there

If you look up "wanker" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Tahrir and his beard.

>french cut it for a four
>just stand there laughing at yourself

Bailey is fucking based

kek

literally what is wrong with wade

didn't even play in the same team

head is not an international quality batsman

Which would be better; a team of Australia's best manlets or Australia's best lanklets?

Parnell looks more like a wanker with his beard.

Tahir probably has it for religious reasons.

Yeah still needs more domestic cricket

>PJH's face in the clouds surrounded by doves
what the fuck was he thinking
you've got that for life now mate

as a certified head shill, I'm very disappointed with him

>We apologise for this temporary break in transmission
>start showing fucking rugby
FUCK OFF FOXTEL
it's not the beard that's the problem, but the way it's combed and shit

what the fuck

Bailey such a troll

Bailey is such an average batsman. I don't know how he managed to churn out so many runs in Sri Lanka.

He's on track for another 50 with like 20 runs from edges and he's created 3 run-out opportunities so far.

Is da griget on free to air tv?

No

Whad da fug

only games hosted here and the ashes are on 9 mate

Dats fugging gay :DDDD

>being too poor for foxtel

Did I meme this right?

literally luck of the devil

I've never seen a controlled innings from him

umpire's call, you heard it here first

Bailey won't convert, screencap this

Wish I had a gf lads

Testing the hats

Unironic fan of Hastings desu, he just seems like a good bloke

Is Bailey Australia's greatest ever batsmen?

nah mate, xavier doherty

>you now remember that One Nation was once the third largest political party in Australia

We really are retarded

Based second kiwi. What's your excuse for watching SA vs Aus at 3am?

You also remember the Democrats and the DLP

s h o t
h
o
t

S H O T !
H
O
T
!

t. Straffo

330 on the cards lads.

>the greens are the third largest party
Still retarded

not really comparable in size to peak ON though, although they are just as stupid
anyone that votes ON needs to be lobotomised.

t. Straffo

anyone that votes ON needs to be lobotomised.

>it's a bailey makes a shit call episode

t. Straffo

>gf found my 'screenshots of girls masturbating for me on omegle' folder

why is this any worse than finding a generic 'porn' folder? talk about over reaction.

anyone that votes ON needs to be lobotomised

just pretend it's old and you forgot about it or some shit Tbh

>not angling the conversation into her joining in

It's like you're not even trying lad.

t. Jarryd from Wattle Glen

t. Straffo

my new favourite MWNN post Tbh

based straff

Just had an Aspergers induced meltdown lads

Based Straff

KEK, I had a google and he LITERALLY viraled himself on bf

>floodlight failure
Nice """sport"""

kek

update for your collection lads

was that just me or did an old lady flash

Which over/ball?

this one, can't remember which ball
they were showing steyn on the boundary and she was right behind him

was this the world cup?

I honestly can't remember when I took this.

I think it was a test series though.

cricket is gay

this is one of the problems with T20 Tbh. Games aren't long enough so the crowd can't get on the piss and do stupid shit like

dunno what ground looks like that in Australia
Bellerive?

Just checked and it was against India at Adelaide in the 2014/15 series.

Z A M P S
A
M
P
S

Fucking Bailey, what's wrong with you. Inzamam tier shit right there

Get a brown dog up you

>failey

>Gayley

what happened to starc, lads?

K E K
E
K

fell on a stump and sliced his leg open
apparently you could see through to the bone

muscular

absolutely based

Is Steve Smith actually good or is he just a living meme?

really beginning to wonder myself mate

why Maxwell isn't in side is beyond me, he has 100% chance of memery when playing against SA

he'd played like shit and the selectors wanted to give him a kick up the ass

he'll be back for the champion's trophy

take a guess

what is with this skying shit
the fucking state of >us

lel that guy with the pedostache

lewd

someone make a new bread for the next innings

>tfw South Aussie cricket fan
>tfw we will never produce a semi-decent cricketer ever again
>tfw the Strikers will always be le scrappy underdogs

too early cunt