Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians Game Thread

ESPN-BALL TIME

Merritt vs. Norris

Other urls found in this thread:

thehenryford.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/2016-historic-base-ball-program.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cleveland

1. Rajai Davis (R) CF
2. Jose Ramirez (S) 3B
3. Francisco Lindor (S) SS
4. Mike Napoli (R) DH
5. Brandon Guyer (R) LF
6. Abraham Almonte (S) RF
7. Jesus Aguilar (R) 1B
8. Chris Gimenez (R) C
9. Michael Martinez (S) 2B

Detroit

1. Ian Kinsler (R) 2B
2. Cameron Maybin (R) CF
3. Miguel Cabrera (R) 1B
4. Victor Martinez (S) DH
5. J.D. Martinez (R) RF
6. Justin Upton (R) LF
7. Nick Castellanos (R) 3B
8. James McCann (R) C
9. Jose Iglesias (R) SS

FUCKING RAIN REEE

COMERICA REEEEEE

This desu. Came to post his

So REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hearing bad things about playing today. might have to cancel

i'm hearing they're doing absolutely everything to get this game in today.

lol i can see them fitting 1 inning every three hours or something

fuuuuuuu

Regardless if we play or not, it's gonna be another bullpen disaster day.

Do you guys keep up on your local vintage baseball team?

I can't remember who was playing, but I caught a game at Greenfield Village before and it was incredible.

replying to my own post senpai

I didn't know there was such a thing. Wonder how you join one

>Scattered storms at 2 pm...
>Cloudy at 3pm..
>Isolated at 4 pm
>Scattered at 5 and 6 pm

So they're trying to go between 3 and 7pm, because after that it's 80% of chance of rain all night

My guess, just looking at this pic, is be that overserious dickhead that no one lets on their softball team anymore or the little league dad that's banned from games.

No idea 2bh. Probably a lot of fun tho.

Here check out this fucking sweet pdf
thehenryford.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/2016-historic-base-ball-program.pdf

Do you think they'll try to work Fulmer into the bullpen for 3 more innings so he can qualify this year?

Go Cleveland

No. The ERA title is meaningless anyway.

clinging to that 0.0001% chance i see

It should be starting right now. This is the best chance they have.

>inb4 wet outfield

who cares?

just fuck my outfield up senpai

>inb4 torn hammys

JUST

I think we've had a way better year than 2013 but we still haven't gotten as many wins as then. Seems odd to me.

you mean the injuns? you don't think you'll win another game?

Not particularly. Going 1-3 would match it but even 2-2 is only 1 win better. A while ago I thought we'd finish around 95-97 wins but that kind of died.

Also I'm doubting Lindor will finish above .300 when 2 weeks ago he was hitting .322 and it seemed like smooth sailing.

Oh ya

Indians were in first for over 3 months in 2016 and the Tigers posed not much of a threat. Not really odd at all when there isn't a race to the finish.

John Force is a good dad.

really don't think they'll get this in

Sounds like it's postponed and will be played later only if postseason implications are still in play

/rain/ general
post dank rains

>tigers
>postseason

We stand a shot now thanks to the free wins you guys gave us.

I don't understand what they'll do if they postpone it to Monday and somehow there's a 3-way tie..

The wildcard game is the 4th im pretty sure they can't change that.

Indians should just forfeit the game and leave desu

>you guys
wrong team

this.

I'm sure they have an idea of what to do. They've got multiple team tiebreaker scenarios already laid out so MLB knew it was a possibility.

Tigers should just forfeit the game and leave desu

When is the last time a team forfeited a game without any play?

this.

Can't wait to crush you cucks in the ALCS. Indians are the least impressive of any of the contenders right now.

>one strike away

>rags
>alcs

>70 years without a pennant

Sad!

Better to be a has been than a never was.

Current MLB rules don't allow for a forfeit.

what do you mean "Don't allow"

what if they were protesting or something.

Just heard it on the radio earlier today. Apparently teams simply don't have the option to forfeit, the option no longer exists. Kinda dumb if you ask me.

Told you guys yesterday this wasn't happening and people got mad at me.

In soccer they play rain or shine. Nice ""sport"" you got there.

This. Rangers are going to sweep them. Cleveland padded their record against detoilet

They abandon games plenty of times when fans act like literal tards and interrupt the game by fighting or trashing the place. Nice sport you have there.

That hasn't happened in ages. living in the past, just like a boreball fan.

Happened in Greece during their national cup competition this year involving a semi relevant team, PAOK.

Are you retarded? Oh wait, you're in a baseball game thread telling us why you think baseball sucks. You must be.

It was one guy and you got plenty mad at him and everyone else. Then you said you were leaving but continued to argue with him in the general.

Congrats though. A makeup game on Monday will hurt the Tigers more than us fielding AAA/AA/bench players.

Look up the Rangers record vs the Astros. It's the same thing.

Here's Kipnis and Lonnie being cute while we wait

Sorry but playing against a weakened team isn't bad for us when our team isn't trusted enough to ever beat your A team. Plus we have already choked once (2006 WS) because of sitting too much, so staying fresh is good.

It's official. Game postponed...

Good news for us tigers fans. See ya Monday.

(If we don't choke I may add which will probably happen)

Have a good night bros

Good. We'll kill you on Monday.

We weren't playing our full A team today either, and a makeup game on Monday means you'll likely have to go from Atlanta back to Detroit, then to Baltimore for a tiebreaker, then Toronto if you win that.

Not sure why you're so convinced that's a better option than if they had been able to play today.

>staying fresh
Tito was cycling through the starters and giving some rest after the hangover game. He knows not to just have everyone sit out.

If the team were to walk off the field and refuse to play what other choice would the umpires have?

Because I would rather not play a game that gets interrupted multiple times for rain. I would rather just play it Monday when the weather is better.

You won't convince me playing a bunch of games is bad because in 2012 ALCS when we swept the Yankees, look how we played in the World Series. Also 2006. Happened one too many times for me to care if we don't have enough rest time.

Not really in the mood to argue again like we did yesterday. That's just my opinion..

There's probably something in the players-owners contract

That would be funny to see. Hope they do that Monday lel

"Both teams travel Thursday night for weekend series on the road -- Detroit at Atlanta and Cleveland at Kansas City. A makeup game would leave the Tigers facing a potentially brutal travel scenario. That includes the potential of playing at Atlanta on Sunday, heading back to Detroit for a makeup game on Monday, a potential Wild Card tiebreaker at Baltimore or Toronto on Tuesday, a Wild Card Game somewhere on Wednesday, then a Division Series opener somewhere on Thursday."

It's not an issue of rest vs rust. It's an issue of having to travel to 3 different cities in 3 days to play and win games.

Anyway, doesn't really matter to me since it's not the Indians' problem. We'll send everyone who's not on the postseason roster and you can have your free win.

>like we did yesterday
Already said I'm not the other guy. I also suggested the doubleheader before you said how shitty it would be today, then dropped it.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks.