Nice "league" you've got there

Nice "league" you've got there.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/jefffick/2014/06/16/u-s-soccer-fans-biggest-buyers-of-world-cup-tickets-outside-brazil/#33cba5302623
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/07/AR2010060704456.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

soccer sucks, no one cares

By italian rules, Yankees would use two stars in your kit and Cardinals one star.

That's over 100+ years though

which makes it even worse

>though
It's a greater sample size, making the conclusion more valid and not less, you fool. Also note that there are more teams involved, making it even that much more lopsided

it's almost as if having no salary cap depletes parity

If we used stars I think by 5 would be good because of the parity of the MLB beyond the Yankees.

Also the chart is inaccurate, the Washington Senators should be /Texas Rangers, Brooklyn Dodgers and LA Dodgers are the same, NY Giants and SF Giants are the same, Philly athletics and Oakland Athletics, Atlanta and Boston Braves, etc

If we go by 5 then most of the well established teams with large fanbases get a star.

>20 of the Yankees championships were won before Free Agency existed

Salary cap would've done nothing.

Also the Fergie era is over, you will never see one team dominate the PL like United did during his time ever again.

Since Ferguson retired there have been 3 different PL winners in 3 years. The PL has also had an extreme drop I'm quality but that's a different topic...

It doesn't, it just gives managers more money.

As said the Yankees didn't get really bad with buying championships till later, they have a lot of world series because they would go on big streaks whenever they got lucky.

Should Premier League introduce a salary cap?

110 years

fuck no, its not a one country league

>posting a racist symbol of hate

It's 2016, user. Grow up.

no, but UEFA should do something

Have a comparable chart. All the English football champions in history.

Except it doesn't faggot.

27/111 is a smaller share than 13/24

>more teams have won with makes it more lopsided than a league in which less teams have won.

Really makes you think

come back in 75 yrs n u will see I'm right

thankfully football wasn't invented in 1992

Look here, stupid That is from 1889 to present.
20/127 is a smaller share than 27/111
because you picked a small sample size.

For a time the A's' owners had an agreement with them where they'd send them all of their good players.

Ah yes, the football started in 1992 meme

>implying I'm the OP

And it's still an apples to oranges comparison. The WS is more comparable to the Community Shield.

Pic related is the pennant winners from both the National and the American Leagues.

English Football: 20/127 > National League Baseball 23/139 > American League Baseball 40/114

>The WS is more comparable to the Community Shield.

hahah

what is this meme,
>the WS is the community shield
Absolutely ebin

>The WS is more comparable to the Community Shield.
please stop making us look bad.

Although yes World series champions and English football champions are hardly comparable

>Liverpool

Based China

>Community shield
english football champion vs fa cup champion

>World Series
National League champion vs American League champion

Teams have to win another competition to be able to play for the Community Shield and the World Series

>b-but the NL and AL aren't separate organizations anymore
Baseball wasn't invented in 1996.

>This Flag
>This Topic

Leave. Your Home is:

I kinda of don't want of write out a response because you'd be too stupid to understand it. Let's just use the 2013 community shield as an example, which was contested between Manchester United, and Wigan Athletic, a team that finished in 17th place and was relegated to Championship the same season

Then use the Champions League as an example.

The point is that for teams to get to the WS thy have to win their league first.

SCREENCAP THIS:

Chelsea will dominate starting from next season for the next 10 seasons, winning 10 back-to-back league titles and surpassing Manure.

I believe the Christensen-Zouma CB pairing will be the GOAT pairing of the 21st century.

>they would go on big streaks whenever they got lucky.

1949-53, 1936-39 and 1998-2000 was "luck" as well as back to back in 1927-28, 61-62 and 77-78.

GTFO.

its dumb to compare this two. They play completely different formats on top of being entirely different sports

here's the last 23 world series champions

And spurs fans really believe they are a club comparable to arsenal. What a joke.

Hopefully you're right.

thats just after the branding name change though

Rovers are gonna win one for da 'Burn again, r-right guys?

>tfw born in time to witness the LESTAH miracle

Shearer will come out of retirement and lead them to glory

This chart is horseshit and does shit like giving the dodgers two different teams to make it look wworse

>teams can relocate literally 3000 miles away from New York to Los Angeles

they deserve it tbhfam

Soccer isn't the #1 sport in the US, but the US is the #1 soccer nation
Also the US cleaned up soccer's Septic Bladder when nobody else would
So American sports is kind of a big deal
Not sure where your home is though, but good luck
>implying you're able to follow

>tfw nobody ever talks about the Man City side of 1967/68, literally one of the most exciting teams in English football history

>how many does Man U have in the last 5 years?

>world

BTFO

Chelsea plastic here, i despise both Spurs and Arsenal, and I have got to say i don't get your rivalry, how do the Spurs fans have the audacity to chant anything at you, or have an ego when playing you completely defies all logic.

It's like Espanyol fans taunting Barcelona when playing, it just makes no sense, local rivalry are not, Arsenal are way ahead of those cunts

*or not

european leagues generally don't punish the best teams and award the worst teams, like the american drafting system.

>the US is the #1 soccer nation

This is some next level bullshit

the US is the #1 soccer nation

Surprised, aren't yu? But in terms of population, ticket sales, revenue, and so on, yes, the US is on top.
Take for example how the US was the #1 international buyer of World Cup tickets in 2014:
forbes.com/sites/jefffick/2014/06/16/u-s-soccer-fans-biggest-buyers-of-world-cup-tickets-outside-brazil/#33cba5302623

How many Asian betting syndicates are trying to fix MLS games?

>more teams involved
they have relegations in england you idiot

> when american competitions have "world" in the name
kek

The same was the case in South Africa in 2010:
washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/07/AR2010060704456.html

Irrelevant

I'm well aware of that. This does nothing to bolster OP's point

Irrelevant... like the MLS

>world

This part I do agree with. 'World Series' is a stupid name for the MLB championship. I'd like to see 'Fall Classic' gain popularity myself

Are you retarded?

wew lad

Thanks for giving me a chuckle

>the US is the #1 soccer nation

You're basing this off World Cup ticket sales? HAHAHAHAHA

>Christensen-Zouma CB pairing
Next Puyo - Piqe la

That's one measure; fewest fans killed is another

>fewest fans killed is another
if anything that's the thing that makes the USA least football

Really?

How many World Cups has USA won?
How many american teams has managed to put to the swords the likes of Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid?
How many american players are elite in the top flight in Europe?
How many americans go to european finals?
How many gooks from asia tune in to watch MLS?

You base your assessment on just revenue and money, does that also mean Paul Pogba is the best player on the planet?

>does that also mean Paul Pogba is the best player on the planet?

no because a Messi transfer when he was in his prime would have been like 200 million pounds. I think Man City even offered >100 million for him at some point but was turned down by Barca.

But yes, money is the only objective measure.

>i back my arguments with fantasy scenarios

soooo, since graziano pelle is in the top 10 players with the biggest salary, does that mean he is one of the best players in the world?

>yes, because if messi was in china, he would be payed 500k a week!

jesus christ

Christensen will remain in loan hell, since Cunte will buy 2 50m CBs this winter
Zouma's career is over.

>Christensen

I think you mean Matt Miazga

>How many World Cups has USA won?
And yet US soccer fans outbuy the rest of the world in ticket sales, because they're superior fans who love the game despite, not merely because of, local success
>How many american teams has managed to put to the swords the likes of Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid?
insofar as that's a coherent question, see above
>How many american players are elite in the top flight in Europe?
probably not many, but that doesn't prove anything
>How many americans go to european finals?
same
>How many gooks from asia tune in to watch MLS?
far fewer than American fans tune in to (and attend) league games worldwide

>question 1: why
>reply to question 1: doesn't matter

>question2: how?
>answer: re-uses the same argument that has proven illogical

saying something more than once doesn't make it true, do stop talking about football and stick to your world series and whatnot

The reply to question 1 was not 'doesn't matter', it was a plain contradiction
>And yet US soccer fans outbuy the rest of the world in ticket sales, because they're superior fans who love the game despite, not merely because of, local success
Question 2 was not 'How?', it was "How many?' That's not the same thing (not even in Romainian).
I hope you're doing alright; maybe you're just tired

You are still delusional user, Pogba even if we count the potential transfer fees of the other players, he would be a Top 5 player, which he isn't.

By your standards China would be the very best football country having more players than anyone, and the North Korea the best sports fans having the largest stadium.

Nope World series is perfectly appropriate as the MLB contains the only two baseball leagues in the world that have major league status, or at least claim it. Nobody else claims to be on the level of them so logically they are the world champions by winning the world's best league. The World Cup winners win by beating the best not every team in the world no matter how shitty.

I'd actually kind of like to see a World Cup of Baseball though, with players playing on their respective national teams. I think it's likely that the US would still often win it (like with basketball at the Olympics), but it would at least put the word 'world' to the test

There is a World Cup for baseball however it is objectively worse than the MLB. The US doesn't dominate purely off the virtue that the idiots who run it have it be at the same time as the baseball season.

I am going to clarify that the tournament itself is before the MLB season however the qualifiers go on during the previous MLB season so literally not a single competent player will go on team USA. They should hold the qualifiers after the world series and give incentive to MLB team owners to put their players in

>splitting up franchise championships when they move cities

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That sounds vaguely familiar. That really is a lousy way to run it; it seems guaranteed not to be popular (in the US anyway; maybe it's meant to confer more global parity that way?)

>Christensen will remain in loan hell

A young defender who's calm on the ball.....hmm...

>Cunte will buy 2 50m CBs this winter

No European football = smaller pick of CBs.

>Zouma's career is over

Depends on his recovery.

If Conte goes with the back 3 and Miazga impresses at Vitesse, then he's probably guaranteed a spot in the team.

>US
>#1 soccer nation

You expect me to believe that?

>Also the US cleaned up soccer's Septic Bladder when nobody else would

We lost the WC Bid to fucking Qatar, so no shit we were going to call them out. If we had won the WC Bid this would not have happened.

>So American sports is kind of a big deal

Adverthandegg, Boreball are American Sports (I.E they are viewed like religion here, baseball wasn't necessarily made here.) and viewership is only here. Sure they're are a few hundred Europeans or Chinks that watch it, but the NFL and MLB viewership is here.

>using stars for domestic league wins

You're embarrassing yourself boy

>1967
>laffs

Except Spurs have been unarguably better for the last 3 seasons.

Finishing behind arsenal last year was a choke of epic proportions, in no way can anyone argue that Arsenal deserved a second place finish.

>spurs have been unarguably better for the last 3 seasons
Absoloute bullshit. In all 3 of those seasons they didn't win any trophies and only finished in the top 4 once. Arsenal won 2 FA cups and played in the champions league. Only last season could you argue that spurs were better.

Reminder that Spurs will win the league before arsenal

Earlier in the thread we were all discussing how much the US supports soccer domestically (within the US) and abroad
Obviously the US doesn't support soccer as much as it does American football, but it (the US) still supports soccer more than any other nation does
Also Septic Bladder refers in a tongue-in-cheek way to Sepp Blatter, who used to be the head of FIFA
FIFA is the governing body for soccer worldwide
There was a big corruption scandal, and Blatter (among others) was ousted
You'll probably see it mentioned here and there after you've been on Cred Forums for a while since soccer is such a big deal
Hope that clears things up and you can replace your picture with a less confused-looking one
Keep up the good work, you're doing great you'll get there

>but it (the US) still supports soccer more than any other nation does
U wot

>The US is the #1 soccer nation
>the US supports soccer more than any other nation

d00d I've been watching soccer for years. And we both know you're wrong. Keep embarrassing yourself and making us patriots look like idiots you grade A colossal faggot.

>US supports soccer more than any other nation
Wat

>world series
>international competition

Pick Both

>Rich teams dominates the historic title table !!!

No shit sherlock, the only funny in that pic is Blackburn and Leicester with more titles than Liverpool and Tottenham

what is this image from?

I wish I knew

It was just a suggestion and there is no higher level of baseball in the world than the AL or NL

>those NL splits

Best American sports League since 1876.

So look: who do you think is the #1 soccer country? You don't even say. You don't even say anyone else, and that's because you know there is nobody else.
Do you think it's like Germany because they won the World Cup? But the US has more Germans than Germany
Do you think it's Uruguay where Bitey McSuarez is from? But the US has more Uruguayans, in New York City alone, than the entire nation of Uruguay.
Sweden? Same. Brazil? Same. That's why Pele emigrated here, to be with all the other Brazilian soccer fans in the US.

Look I can maymaypost too
>that first sip of the da

lol

>So look: who do you think is the #1 soccer country? You don't even say. You don't even say anyone else, and that's because you know there is nobody else.
>Do you think it's like Germany because they won the World Cup? But the US has more Germans than Germany
>Do you think it's Uruguay where Bitey McSuarez is from? But the US has more Uruguayans, in New York City alone, than the entire nation of Uruguay.
>Sweden? Same. Brazil? Same. That's why Pele emigrated here, to be with all the other Brazilian soccer fans in the US.

?

true fans have had a understanding that Arsenal are better but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a rivalry.

It goes beyond just championships. The derbys have always been competitive and the hate its built up since you are a kid.

Either you are a spurs or arsenal fan.

>thinking rivalries are logical

Also, in the last 8-4 years, the two teams have become very competitive, making the rivalry even more relevant.

Espanyol and Barca's derby records show there is a huge favor for barca but Tottenhan is relatively even to Arsenal.

How are Romanians so dumb

>Brooklyn Dodgers and LA Dodgers are the same
Wtf they moved essentially to the other side of a continent? How did the fans take it?

Up the bum, like all fans in US sports. If there's more money in a better 'market', the league moves the 'franchise' there. See Utah Jazz, with its famous history of jazz music

Customers, not fans

Don't lump me in with that faggot Bruce.

>chelshit fan

>Leeds United: 0
Why even put them on the list LMAO

To remind them that Cellino is their saviour

no it's not, shut the fuck up

americans baka

>The original Cleveland Browns are now the Baltimore Ravens and they made a new Cleveland Browns as an expansion team

I do like yank sports but the teams moving is something I cant really get my head around. I mean I know it makes sense financially, but you don't really see it anywhere else

Didn't they finished second or third a couple of times?