Rome is not on the run anymore

foxnews.com/sports/2016/09/29/romes-city-council-votes-down-2024-olympic-bid.html

As far as city leaders are concerned, Rome's bid for the 2024 Olympics is finished.

The city council voted in favor of scrapping the bid on Thursday, a week after Mayor Virginia Raggi rejected the candidacy, citing concerns over costs.

"Today came the definitive 'No' on the Olympics," Renzi said. "It's legitimate but we've certainly made a bad impression internationally.

"But what's shocking isn't the decision but rather it's saying that you can't have the Olympics because it's bad business. Thousands of jobs will be lost for giving up."

old news but thanks anyway

Smart decision, olympics are a scam for taxpayers

Has Brazil's Olympic facility's been abondened yet? Serious question

They shoulda gave their bid to Vatican City

It has to go to Paris. I can't imagine what a shitole it will be in 8 years after Isis is crushed and all their surviving fighters make their way to Europe.
Imagine how many attacks there will be.

Post yfw it goes to France or America again

>France
>again

you nigger France last held the summer olympics in 1924

>samrt decision

hahaha no, just amateurish incometence and idiocy. The reason given was that all the money involved in the olympics would just be a chance for corruption and so they didn't wat to host it. Then they asked the government to give them the same money they should have received for the olympics and if the government doesn't give them the olympic money it means it's trying to punish them for refusing to host the olympics.

they are retarded

I don't give a shit about your internal soap operas, olympics are an absolute scam to taxpayers, be it rio, paris, roma or london

t. Olympic committee shill

why would the federal government give money destined to the olympics if they aren't gonna host it? You make no sense.

Have any of you guys been to Rome?

I've studied there for a whole year and trust me you don't want the Olympics there.

Rome's public transportation is enough of a reason to never host it there.

I'm sure most Italians on here will agree with me.

yeah, Rome has become a shithole in the last 20+ years, not Naples tier but a shithole nonetheless

I think his point stands, tbqh

LA, you are our last hope
Pls get the olympics

it's roma's mayor who asked for the olympic money after refusing the olympics. After refusing the olympics to avoid the corruption that would come with all that money dumped into the city.

t. can't understand what I read.
for sure. not hosting the olympics was a fortunate decisoin, although one reached through sheer idiocy.

haha

I can't think of any city in Italy that would be suitable for hosting the olympics.

Codroipo is underrated tbqhwy

bus and tram are shit but metro is fine famalam

Torino and maybe Milan are the only suitable cities to host the olympics