/Chicago/ sports thread

What are your thoughts on Chicago sports, Cred Forums?

garbage except the blackhawks

Worst sports city in US after Sacramento and San Diego?

Their contending window is closing due to cap constraints

Hell of a run though, 3 in 7

Nah

There's always Cleveland

Official Power ranking of teams people care about
1. Bears
2. Blackhawks
3. Cubs
4. Bulls
5. Whos?

Actual power rankings in terms of best team

1. Cubs
2. Blackhawks
3. Bulls
4. Bears
5. Whos?

Pizza sucks compared to New York or LA

Chicago has a winning sports culture

Don't forget Cleveland and Miami

lol, no it doesn't. You could argue that the Blackhawks have a winning culture, the Bulls have memories of a winning culture, and the Bears have delusions of a winning culture, but not the whole city.

Dank as fuck with deep heritage

Who doesn't love the Cubbies? Who isn't rooting for the Cubs this year outside of St. Louis?

The Blackhawks rule and it's a big-time hockey town. They are the team to beat this decade.

The Bulls practically made the NBA what it is with Michael Jordan. Repeating the 3-peat is immortal and everyone remembers MJ as the GOAT.

The Bears have had their struggles, sure, but everyone knows Ditka and the 85 squad. They stomped all over the league and obliterated the Pats in the Super Bowl. They are a classic, lovable franchise.

>le Sox
Yeah, nobody gives a fuck about them outside of the negro population on the south side.

Yeah maybe you're right

But it still wins more often than most cities

>Bears are one of the most successful franchises in the NFL and had the GOAT team in the 1985 Bears
>Bulls had the GOAT player and the GOAT team
>Cubs are beginning to build a winning culture through young players
>Blackhawks have won 3 in 7 years

Whos are garbage though

North Side """""""Chicago""""""" faggot detected

>The Bulls practically made the NBA what it is with Michael Jordan.

You mean Michael Jordan made the NBA what it is with the Bulls.

White Sox sell their tickets for $5 a piece and can't get more than 3000 people to go to a game.

It's a little sad how nobody cares about the White Sox, but that's what they get for being from the South Side.

At an STL Cards fan, have fun choking in the playoffs. Enjoy the Bears lol

to be fair, alot of that has to do with the owner being absolute dog shit.

Lol more people went to the Sox parade in 2005 than people going to Cubs games

That's because the Sox sucks right now. Cubs fans prior to this current good team used to pay 40-50 bucks a game to watch their dog shit team get destroyed, then they would brag about it as "loyalty". That isn't loyalty, it's fucking retarded. That's the mentality that tells owners its okay to have a shit team for 100 fucking years because they'll make money off of retarded fans regardless.

when fans stop going to games because the team sucks it gives the owners some incentive to make the team better

>That's the mentality that tells owners its okay to have a shit team for 100 fucking years because they'll make money off of retarded fans regardless.
Except the ownership actually went out and got better. The Sox owner just offered a contract extension to a Manager that has never had a winning season. Your owner would rather have the team lose for eternity than pay a dime in taxes to the City

>Jerry "One more piece then we're playoff bound" Reinsdorf
>Ever making the team better

>Cubs fans prior to this current good team used to pay 40-50 bucks a game to watch their dog shit team get destroyed, then they would brag about it as "loyalty". That isn't loyalty, it's fucking retarded.

Nope, that's loyalty.

>That's the mentality that tells owners its okay to have a shit team for 100 fucking years because they'll make money off of retarded fans regardless.

Nobody cares about the White Sox even when they're good. It's been that way ever since all the whites left the South Side.

This tbqh

>Except the ownership actually went out and got better
it took them over 100 years, and it still means jack shit until they actually win the world series
>Nope, that's loyalty.
If you're so deluded that you genuinely believe this, then I don't have anything more to say to you

Hey, remember how the Sox went 88 years without winning a world series?
Remember how they were good for one year then became absolute shit again?

I guess in all that 88 years white sox fans weren't loyal either if the Cubs weren't

>the team is bad so just watch a team from somewhere else lmao

Sox fans didn't go to games when the team was dog shit though, that's the point. If a team has a .225 win record on the season and they're selling out every home game, that's not loyal it's stupid. Once the Sox stepped up and got good, they sold out every game. Now they're bad again and nobody goes to the games, as it should be.

What kind of deep dish should I get?

This seemed like an appropriate thread to ask.

>lol, no it doesn't.

Not all of us are 12 years old. Chicago is the only city in America other than Boston to win at least one in each of the 4 pro championships in a 30 year or less span.

Cubs had better attendance, national viewing, road attendance, etc. when they were a 90+ loss team than the Sox did the year of and after they WON the WS.

>whos

Based as fuck. Best sports city on earth

When the Sox were doing just as well as the cubs this year for the first month and a half they were not selling out every game. Not even close. Try again.

>criticize the ottomans and they immediately bring up attendance
l o l

Fuck the Cubs
Fuck the Bears
Fuck the Bulls (after they fired thibs, until then loyalty)
Love the Hawks
Really Love the White Sox

You're a faggot. Straight up.

Pizanos.
Giodanaos.
even shitty-ass Ginos

>>>>NYC

i've been to your piss-smelling city, I've tasted your thin-but-big pizza, it has nothing on our deep dish, and definitely nothing on our traditional crust.

>ohh an if you wana bring up crime, that only effects white sox fans like me(and i carry a superb m1911a1 model )the rest of chicago is a fantastic tourist trap(the the field museum, navy pier, and shed aquarium are gay and stupid)

I know everybody dismiss the White Sox (and for good reason) but you can't forget they won a World Series in 2005

first in 88 years

WP 14/88

Last Chicago team to win a title asshole.