/expos/

Are we ever coming back? I'm not going to be satisfied with a AAA team

You don't deserve sports from American leagues

Only 5,416 people showed up to their penultimate game.

We were National league but nice try.

Also happy 60th birthday to based Vladdy

How many for the last game?

Only a matter of time before the Rays move to Montreal desu

please elaborate

Sternberg, their owner, already proposed a package of potential locations including Austin, Charlotte, Portland and Montreal.

They're coming back. I can feel it

Even the Hit King played here for a year

Bartolo "Burger" Colon even played here

It was a popular team right? why did they leave?

94 strike

Shit ownership, shit ballpark in a bad neighborhood. The team was literally sabotaged in 2002-2004 when MLB owned the team.

They removed direction signs to the ballpark, refused to do their september call ups during a wild card race and gave up on trying to build a downtown stadium.

>Montreal Expos are back
>as a AAA team
Would like this desu

>Quebec

I live in vegas and know some Canadians that loved the team even still wear gear of it

hope you do get it back hopefully through the rays who are also under terrible ownership

Canadian teams would have won WS in 1992-1993 and 1994 with the expos in first by a long shot. It was the canadian cucking of american sports

We had the best mascot too. Youppi! became the Montreal Canadiens mascot in 2005 when the team left

that's p cute honestly
>team sadly moves away
>mascot gets picked up by another local team

Don't worry, Rays are moving to Montreal and A's are moving to Vegas. You'll get another chance to not go to their games.

Th expos had great attendance before 1998 or so when Loria had full control over the team

I miss going to their games. Everyone had a good time and the kids loved Youppi!

My grandfather had season tickets from 1979-2004. Used to go all the time

They'll be back

Will Evan Longoria still be around when the Rays come to Montreal?

As much as it would've been a great idea back then to build the stadium downtown, I really don't see it happening now. The whole city is already a fucking mess with all the construction work going on, can't see them adding more of it.