Not this debate again

What if Journalists were required to watch 80% of the matches played by these two and judge them based on their performance, consistency and contribution to their teams. Who would win then?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/sport/football/34849342
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ0TsPih0i8
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/27/borussia-dortmund-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/24/las-palmas-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match-2/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/18/espanyol-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/10/real-madrid-vs-osasuna-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/21/barcelona-vs-atletico-madrid-highlights-full-match-3/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/13/barcelona-vs-celtic-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/08/28/athletic-bilbao-vs-barcelona-highlights-full-match-4/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/24/sporting-gijon-vs-barcelona-highlights-full-match-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=-S8pAHLTlI0
youtube.com/watch?v=UXtiWLPbXIM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2J5n8kzpbCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Obviously Messi. duh

Tough question

why are british so obsessed with la liga stars?

How can you not despise ronaldo. Shit leader

Gee, I wonder.

Messi has had better teamates his entire career. Messi with an Argentina team is pretty much useless. Messi is definitely the better team player, no question there, but if we're talking about solo goal scoring skill I'd give Ronaldo the slightest edge. This coming from neither a Barcelona fan nor a Real Madrid fan.

>This coming from
an amerishart, into the trash

>Messi has had better teamates his entire career
that's the same team who almost lost to Borussia M. without him
have you seen barca without messi?

Argentina without messi can't qualify let alone reach final

Barca without Messi can't win against Borussia. M and lost against Alvaros even though he came in second half

>Messi
Le let Suarez do it man, just walks into players due to high autism levels
>Tsunaldo
Scores blooters every game HOWEVER gets pissy if anybody but him scores
Any respectable person KNOWS Tsuman is miles ahead of Messi because he can do anything and score from anywhere while Messi requires constant spoon feeding from Iniesta and biscuits

they'd probably pick a good player then, like Suarez or Pepe

Assuming this is about the ballon d'diva shit

>Messi with an Argentina team is pretty much useless.
Nigga pls.

>but if we're talking about solo goal scoring skill I'd give Ronaldo the slightest edge
Tap in =/= solo goal scoring skill

For me, it's Ronaldo-sama.

posting twice in the same thread changes absolutely nothing senpai

this is also you

There's no comparison, Messi eclipses Cristiano no matter how much that hurts spics and Arabs
Cristiano must hate that Messi had to exist in the same era

Messi, obviously.

Ronaldo is a cancer for Real Madrid.

If journalist were required to watch Real Madrid matches they would think that he's the worst player on his team, evidently.

Catalonia will never be a real country

kys spic

SHART

I'm madridista, in fact...

100% this

Barca without Messi beat Real Madrid 4-0 in Madrid.

USA USA USA USA

fat fuck

yes, with benitez as a coach and Madrid missing Modric and Benzema any other team could have done the same

>any other team could have done the same

Then why didn't they? That was only Madrid's 2nd loss of the season.

are you retarded? Madrid didn't play any other big team while Modric and Benzema were injured except barca. atletico would have easily done the same

>any other team could have done the same
>a-are you retarded? only atletico could have done the same
fuck off, mong

>Madrid missing Modric and Benzema

What the hell are you talking about? Benzema and Modric both played that game. Benzema is the guy in the picture wearing the #9 shirt that says "Benzema".

bbc.com/sport/football/34849342

>Messi is the only reason Argentina is relevant in NT football
>Portugal wins EURO without Ronaldo

really makes you think huh

>bu-bu-but cristina's need to have camera attention on the sideline is why they won!
Anyone who actually watches the sport knows this, that's why I can't take this place seriously with their garbage opinions

suarez

I bet Barcelona with Messi won more titles then without him last 30 years

More titles? I doubt it.More CL's for sure.

anyone that simply spouts "messi without a doubt" is just a shitty troll, ronaldo actually got a shitload of titles in more than one team and on his NT team too, what would he had accomplished if the transfer would have worked and he had landed in barcelona back in the past and he had prime Xavi and Iniesta feeding him balls?

but it's ok, you faggots prefer 'roid midget over ronaldo, you're the typical little kid that follows team A or B just because they win more.

>b-but team titles won without particular player even playing

wew lad

Cristiano's club career has been outstanding m8

Suarez

Hi Roncero.

>but if we're talking about solo goal scoring skill I'd give Ronaldo the slightest edge

Absolute nonsense. Cut off Ronaldo's supply and he's completely anonymous. Messi is one of the best solo goal scorers in history, if not the best. Only the likes of Maradona/R9 etc. can compare, and none of them did it as consistently as Messi.

>Only the likes of Maradona/R9
When has Messi played for a team like Ronldo's Inter? Messi relies a lot on a system.I highly doubt that if you drop Messi in current Inter he could score more than 20 goals.

I'm talking about solo goals. The ability to pick up the ball 30-40 yards out and run at goal on your own.

>2016
>still with this

Messi is the fucking system.

>Messi is the fucking system.
No he is not.If he was Argentina wouldn't play like absolute trash.I am not saying that Messi is a bad player.It is just that he excelled in a very specific system (Just look at his stats before Guardiola became the coach).
Ronaldo did it quite often with Inter,but he usually ended up shotting from a larger distance than Messi ( as his shot was way more power than Messi's).Most of Messi's goals are mainly from 1v1's and tap ins (like most goal scorers)

How is Argentina playing like trash if they have reached 3finals in 3 years?

No wonder people hate Messi, he raped so many clubs, dreams, wishes etc. Milan and Man Utd still havent recovered, and Halal fans are on suicide watch thinking about Messi, the player who scored most goals agains Real.

>How is Argentina playing like trash if they have reached 3finals in 3 years?
In the WC they had very easy draws and played awfully bad.Copa America is a joke in which most teams are totally uncompetitive.

I like how you casually mention current Inter as if it's in the same ball park as Ronaldo's Inter. :)

>If he was Argentina wouldn't play like absolute trash.
But they do play like absolute trash without him. Check . Messi is literally the only reason they are relevant now.

>It is just that he excelled in a very specific system
Messi was great in all systems he played. Be it his wing forward/false 9/attacking midfielder/Sabella's reactive 442. Obviously any player will look shit in a shit system/team, but there is no reason to believe Messi wouldn't perform in different approaches. Do you really believe Messi would struggle in Ronaldo's United, where the likes of Tevez and Rppney dominated?

>Most of Messi's goals are mainly from 1v1's and tap ins (like most goal scorers)
Kek. Messi scores more frequently outside of the box than CR (and he is considered elite long distance shooter). I don't have data on Fenomeno, but I'm willing to bet good money Messi scored more long distance goals than him. At 29.

>Messi scores more frequently outside of the box than CR
That doesn't mean that most of his goals aren't pens,tap ins and 1 v 1's.
98 Inter was pretty bad and when Ronaldo got injured they ended 8th in serie

Yeah, Ronaldo have it tough with 3rd place in group and Poland, Wales etc in KO's

Portugal had lucky draws and they played like shit.But the eros as a whole had teams like Germany,Croatia,Spain,Italy,France or evn Belgium that totally outclassed 90% of SA teams

>That doesn't mean that most of his goals aren't pens,tap ins and 1 v 1's.
Naturally every forward scores more goals from closer ranges. Still, Messi manages to score more frequently outside of the box than CR.

>98 Inter was pretty bad and when Ronaldo got injured they ended 8th in serie
They were also 3rd in Serie A and played UEFA cup final in a season before he arrived. Yet you put them in a same ball park as CURRENT Inter.

> look at his stats before Guardiola became the coach

Also said as

>look as his stats when he was the 4th option in attack being 19yo with a cancerous team

You used to have this debate at Peña Merengue FC and since nobody else is buying this argument not even there you came here right? You're totally out of this world right now.

>kids still trying the xavi iniesta argument when Messi disproved that years ago
>kids pretending pk7 hasn't had modric, kroos, ozil etc €€€€€ squad
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ0TsPih0i8
Fucking spics and arabs

>Fucking spics
>The Chicano doesn't realize that both himsel and Messi are also spics
Why do you h8 yourself so much?

If I was a CHI I'd be bandwagoning halal and pk7 and while messi is a spic, you spics and Arabs are cristina's biggest dickriders
Mentally ill twats

That one spanish chicano defending ronaldo ITT. I'm pretty sure he has a ronaldo jersey and lives in Madrid
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/27/borussia-dortmund-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/24/las-palmas-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match-2/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/18/espanyol-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/10/real-madrid-vs-osasuna-highlights-full-match/
these are links to Madrid's last 4 matches. You've probably not seen them from the way you argue but try watching it and see Ronaldo's "presence" and "importance" in the Madrid squad. He could so easily be replayed by bale it's funny

now here's some links of Barcelona's last 4 matches with messi
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/21/barcelona-vs-atletico-madrid-highlights-full-match-3/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/13/barcelona-vs-celtic-highlights-full-match/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/08/28/athletic-bilbao-vs-barcelona-highlights-full-match-4/
fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/09/24/sporting-gijon-vs-barcelona-highlights-full-match-2/

and people call messi the system baby. laughable. this is also for people saying Suarez ITT, you clearly do not watch barca matches

People unironically criticize Bale for not scoring more goals because they don't watch matches and see the attack goes through Bale so he and benzema can serve those sweet tap ins

What if you stopped buying into retarded personality cults in a sport with teams of 11 roughly equally important players?

this

>you spics
Not really chicanoman.Most South Americans preffer the south american player over the Portuguese one.Chicano

That's not true at all, south americans hate Argentines and love penaldo plus the halal bandwagoning is massive
kys arab spic

Ronaldo, obviously.

youtube.com/watch?v=-S8pAHLTlI0

I hate these single words at the end, fuck Opta

Why are yo so clueless? You should just shut up chicano

lmao, is this from a tv show or did this guy make it himself?

I'm south american you stupid fucking idiot, you're not going to fool someone who knows what iit's like down there
Go back to your mosque

>I'm a Chicano
We all knew that

Go look up what that means, idiot

t.I will say that I am from South America to hide my Chicano nature.
Kek.It is not going to work

>I'm south american
SPIC

>I have no argument so I'm just going to shitpost now
Cool, Javier Ajlouni

Youre very stupid

I think you actually have autism

Every poster in a soccer thread from this side of the Atlantic is a spic

ayo check this out

It's no surprise really. these sawker threads are cancerous and it doesn't help that its the same topics over and over.

Calling him penaldo means fuck all when messi cant even score form 6 yards out

>a spic thinks his life matters

Oh boy

The year that he broke the goal scoring record in a calendar year kind of disproved that. He's a hybrid goal scorer playmaker, but they had no other decent forwards that year so he adapted and scored more goals than anyone. That's impressive and pokes a massive hole in the system baby argument. Lets not pretend that CR7 didn't have great players too. Hell wasn't Kaka still very good and he was sitting on th bench at Mardid?

It doesn't matter. CR7 is slowing way down and is more 1 dimensional than Messi. Messi is still at a high level and will have several years of playing deeper and playmaking more. He will go down as the better player when it's all said and done.

What about Ronaldo's easy draws in this year's Euros and Champions League? Portugal would not have even made it out of the group stage if they didn't change the rules this year to let some 3rd place teams through. He even made fun of Iceland for being unambitious and defensive when that's exactly how Portugal won. Porgual's only win against a decent team was against France, and Ronaldo was out before the 30th minute.

Should that really surprise you? We make up the vast majority of soccer fans here (don't tell MLS though, they're still targeting the leftist anglo hipster market).

>the eros as a whole had teams like Germany,Croatia,Spain,Italy,France or evn Belgium

Portugal only played one of those teams, and he contributed nothing due to injury yet his team still won.

>Hell wasn't Kaka still very good and he was sitting on th bench at Mardid?

Kaka struggled with injuries and never really got going at Madrid tbf.

Dumb American question, but shouldn't this be offside? I know Ronaldo was behind the ball for the final pass, but he was offside when the play started so shouldn't he not be able to interfere until that play is over? Or is it fine because he got back into an onside position before he received the pass?

>Hell wasn't Kaka still very good
No

>Portugal only played one of those teams
I know. Portugal was lucky af. Still the Euros is way more prestigeous than La Copa America

>b-but xavi iniesta assists
Di maria assisted ronaldo more than iniesta and xavi assisted messi combined

Messi is clearly a system baby, as we can see right here an outstanding assist by busquets

youtube.com/watch?v=UXtiWLPbXIM

Thing is, I can't rememer a single Ronaldo goal - 95% are one touch - and Messi got tons of memorable ones. He's also the best unasssisted scorer in the world.

Comparing one to another is simply a corny effort. It's really amazing what marketing can do.

>it's the SPIC AUTIST a

Fucking lol Pedro. Go back to mexico

>I know Ronaldo was behind the ball for the final pass, but he was offside when the play started so shouldn't he not be able to interfere until that play is over? Or is it fine because he got back into an onside position before he received the pass?
No. The player that got the ball wasn't offside and then passed it to a player (Cristiano) that wasnt offside (as he was behind the ball)

I'm a spic myself, that retarded Spaniard knows nothing about the different nationalities here and doesn't even know how people love to see Argentina lose, hell I used to be the same way but sooner or later you grow up, be objective and face that the midget is undoubtedly on another level

He didn't directly interfere with play since Jese was the intended receiver of the ball. Like you said, he got back onside for the final pass, therefore a legal goal.

The latter, Jese should've scored it himself but we've all seen the tantrums the princess throws when his teammates score and don't give him tap ins

Seriously get the fuck out of my country. Im white and have a german heritage and im sick and tired of you beaners acting like you represent the usa.

I live in CT and in a 99% white town so i dont even see wetbacks but its annoying on here

>my country
>have a German heritage

The only difference between us is that my ancestors came here in the 1960s and yours probably came here in the 1840s or 50s.

>German heritage
Kyle pls you're not white, leave with the rest of the Mexicans
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2J5n8kzpbCs

And the fact that you look like a shitskin and im white.

Agreed, but it's irrelevant when Portugal didn't play any of the teams that make it more prestigious.

thnx m8s

Messi's is awful at penalties, it's a really odd weakness for the best goalscorer in the world to have

>Cristiano doesn't score in a game his team played poorly
>Is completely irrelevant(tbf, in 90% of cases) and loses every single ball
>Messi doesn't score in a game his team played poorly
>At least three excellent through balls to the fullbacks/number 9, manages the tempo of play, is constantly drawing 3 players to mark him

The only advantage I'd concede Ronaldo is that he forces his own team to play as a team to supply for him being a tap in superstar. With Messi you very often see(especially with Argentina) everyone around him being so fucking conditioned by his "legend" that they just limit themselves to run a bit and then pass the ball to the midget and pray that he does everything.

That's literally why Iniesta(and before, Xavi) is so crucial to Barcelona. He is the one guy that is confident enough to play without Messi when the midget is having an off day, or when he is being a lazy bastard(see 1st half barca-juve 2015). That's why Argentina constantly fails in big matches, everyone limits themselves to 'pass it to the midget', the last 30 minutes of the last Chile Argentina were literally Biglia passing it to Messi who was marked by 3 players.

> solo goal scoring

There's a reason everyone says Ronaldo gets penalties and tap in while Messi dribbles 3 or 4 players more often than not to create chances.

Ronaldo poaches in the box and therefore relies more heavily on his team to create the chances.

Messi's goals are all 1v1s? Have you watched even the last couple of seasons?

He's already scored 4 or 5 goals outside the box this season, in 14/15 he scored something like 7 free kicks and a host of goals outside the box.

Just hop on youtube and look at his goals against United, Bayern, Brazil and the last world cup.

>even though he came in second half
Just literally disposing of your own argument.

>Suarez isn't amazing
Another absolute lie in your post.

You're a fucking scumbag.

I hear people say Messi is the better footballer and Ronaldo is the better poacher. Nothing will matter if they are both compared by goals scored. You just have to wait until they retire to tally up total goals, goals per games and goals per season averages.

You should.. you know.. actually watch them play to form an opinion, not base it around stats.

Please go get laid, Cred Forumscuck.

Gerd Muller and Romário confirmed to BTFO Maradona.