You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

>Chess
>An Sport

Chess is about as much """""sport""""" as e-Sports.

My country apparently has three and I care about exactly none of them.

how long has carlsen been #1? must be some record by now.

faggot board is not a sport

well clearly i'm mistaken.

None of them are american.

Can't wait for the championship. Hope Karjakin puts up a good fight.

I must admit that Karjakin is far from the top of the list over the players I would have liked to see play a match against Carlsen, but he qualified for the Candidates and won it convincingly. He's certainly a deserving challenger, and I believe it's going to be an interesting match.

>Carlshit

Wei Yi and Le Quang Liem are coming for him

What happened to the guy we used to have in top 10?

I can understand that you have high hopes for Wei Yi, as he is the youngest player above 2700 and has shown some rather promising chess so far, but I have no idea how Le Quang Liem entered your mind as a serious challenger.
Caruana changed federations to USA.

I am for sure also rooting for Wei Yi

He plays exciting-ass chess

>Norwegians in charge of knowing what they're talking about

Kek

>spending dozens of hours memorizing Stockfish/Komodo lines instead of getting proper nutrition
>exciting chess

Goes for a lot of Chinese players too

saged and reported

Every top pro does this.

Wei Yi is a solid tactician and plays more exciting chess than many top pros, yes.

Everyone at the top level is capable of tactical displays like that. At the moment, the event to follow is the Tal Memorial, in which several of the top ten players are participating. The unlikely leader after four rounds is Anish Giri, who in spite of his drawish tendencies has scored 3.5/4.

Why did aronian drop?

He has dropped further than that. He was rated 2765 before last year's Sinquefield Cup, in which he beat all three American players to take first place, and he's on his way up.
Unless you mean the -3.1 in the picture, in which case it is caused by four draws against slightly weaker opposition in the Tal Memorial.