Beta for pre-orders? October.
FM 17 release ? November.
And remember, no pre-orders.

youtube.com/watch?v=8BkYKwHLXiU

Kitten stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=YPv9yKC76hE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=caYdeTLSW-o
reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/55bpp5/oh_fuck_off/?st=itrmvmjf&sh=3d6d5e97
strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/
youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985–86_1.Lig
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37430014
youtube.com/watch?v=8J4A5zaxtHM
kickstarter.com/projects/357426702/the-football-game-board-game-footballs-coming-home
londonboardgames.com/londonboardgames
youtube.com/watch?v=qCfOreJjL54
strawpoll.me/11351471
youtube.com/watch?v=pXBydPzCE4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Party hat sub edition

Lyn managers not allowed edition

>13 years

>first day off after working 12 days in a row
>haven't touched save in almost 2 weeks

I fear I can't recapture the magic

>not using an OP pic that works with the hat
HC pls, this only happens once a year, of all people I would've expected you to prepare for the occasion

>removing 50% of the posters

Not with that attitude

I move that we delete this thread and properly commemorate this occasion

>Ricky Martin

>play Kitty stream
>no kitties in sight

HC, c'mon.

anyone know if he's still running his blog?

Doesn't have one. Would use it if I had it.

try
I opened FM yesterday (after 5 days), turned it off almost immediately, was a bit sceptical this morning but got the save going again
>not making one

Might work

>Nosbocal Sejim

I don't know how this would line up.

>mfw im playing Lyn beating realmad in bidding wars for wonderkids

I don't think I've had a homesick player who wasn't Brazilian.

anyone else feel like there aren't enough red cards in the game? Every day I check the scores and there's one game with 2 reds and a couple others with one, but in FM they seem a rare thing

I've had a homesick Colombian before

If only you beat them to Odegaard

kek

alright lads. features announcements when?

don't u get the beta if you pre-order

>teamwork 5

>finishing 3

>Malian golden generation
???

>French guy is an asshole
Color me surprised

Quads cant save you

That's what happens when you have a 56m striker but 2 1m CBs

Hey, big spender!!!

>outplay real madrid for 70 minutes
>they win 4-1 from 4 penalties in the next 20

lmao post a screencap for future OPs

>[Referee] didn't have the best game of his career.

>tfw your scouts find great Mexican regens but you have a strict policy against developing Mexican nationals

Same. I had a striker that could've been GOAT but I couldn't find it in me to play him. So I sold him to Club America

Me on the left

>could've finished in 8th if not for some tactical fiendery
crosses don't work? "exploit the middle"

ABSOLUTELY CHEEKY

>A second red for diving
Why would some players do this.

>inb4 Luis Suarez

How do you get a second red

youtube.com/watch?v=caYdeTLSW-o

ur old lol

Meh, meant second yellow. Why would you dive when you already have a yellow? It's completely beyond me.

hello

if you tell us we should be managing lyn, you'll blow your cover

reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/55bpp5/oh_fuck_off/?st=itrmvmjf&sh=3d6d5e97

Barca babby cries about being bad

>reddit

go back to Cred Forums

oh yes

Anyone else still playing FM15 here?

>not playing 12

yeah. was thinking about getting 17 but I think I'll hold off until 18

Yes

I've lost all will to play, but yes.

Based Albertengo.

Yup.

no

I've come to the conclusion that I'll start a new save when FM17 comes out.

For now I'll play my JJK save and maybe some Red Star Belgrade

>qpr playing murderball again

Literally 12 minutes in and two of my players injured. Fucking cunts.

We got a loser here

>tfw /trb/ has made me realise I am suffering anorexia

Guys, I'm very concerned.
I was looking through the physical abilities of my regens and noticed that all the ones at my height (180cm) weighed at least 2 and a half stone more than me so I checked and apparently my BMI is 14.5

I'm trying to cure myself now by feeding my anorexia through the game. For example I am 'bingeing' by signing lots of regens then 'purging' by selling them for low returns. I hope it works as a replacement. To replace always thinking about food I have renamed my regens as food names so I am always thinking about them instead.

it won't be playable until the big update around christmas though

>sub in for injured player
>sub istantly gets injured

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA CLASSIC MILES

15 was shit

Sounds like you're suffering from something else.

Really bad attempt at getting 20 replies with a zany gimmick

15 is goat

What a pleb

lads is DJ Buffonge cheese

>tfw my young talented player sacked his agent because i told him
>tfw said agent only had two players on his books and i've probably fucked his entire life up because the other guy is a complete literally who

I would slap my parents sideways if I had a name like that.

enter Mino Raiola

>reloadugal

Cue the Imperial March.

mental that the new fifa is 30gb big

gone are the days of 250mb full games

Where have you been these past 5-6 years?

playing football manager mostly

Fair enough.

explains why you're 10 years behind current gaming trends

nah I can understand a game like GTA being that big, but not fifa, fifa has fuck all to it

>tfw youngsters struggling to make any form of impression what-so-ever even though some of them have been in the club for years while being given at least 10-15 games every season

IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOOW

pls no

Well the latest GTA wasn't "that big". It was even bigger, and by a significant margin. High resolution textures for kits and overall graphics takes a huge space. And if you compress that stuff hard, it means that you'll spend hours "installing it" (actually decompressing stuff). Unfortunately for you, game sizes are indexed on BR disks sizes, even if there are barely any BR releases on PC.

>tfw my Si folder is 13.5 GB big

>I think this situation is hardcoded
Always amuses me that people can have such an incredible lack of logic

cool i suppose

What the fuck does it need 30gb for

So you could see the zit in Martial face in 4K.

Basically . Textures. Loads of textures. Tons of textures.

concern.png

AHHHH

>my very own RB won man on the match in a world cup final

>Dick Hop

>Somehow tackles the ball into the net

>I'm already on a yellow for diving earlier, if I go down now there's no way the ref will think I would be stupid enough to dive a second time, so he'll definitely give a peno!

is there anything ~artsy~ i can do with my 130,000 picture folder of retired championship fullbacks and french-moroccan teens

It must be the switch to Frostbite caused the sudden jump in size. It's a phase of an ongoing trend amongst big labels, namely, the switch to in-house engines that's used exclusively by their own developers and usually supported by a dedicated tech team. At EA, that's Frosbite + repi & co.

Also, there was a paradigm switch with the arrival of curr-gen consoles (which is top priority even for most multiplatform devs): DVD got replaced by Blu-Ray and performance suddenly increased, so assets got much bigger. That's why (e.g.) 2K's NBA went from 8GB to 50GB in a single year.

>(Cautiously)
>after winning the WC

Regardless, congratulations.

I just tell my assman to do talks

>Assman suggests we congratulate the team
>Let him handle the talk
>(Cautiously) "I have nothing specific to say right now."
FM's """AI""", not even once.

They've literally never gotten a bad reaction from the players for me so I don't care.

thank you based results between teams
scared by how easily everything can go to shit
maybe devs would've gone for bigger requirements on PC earlier if they weren't constrained by 7th gen console limitations (namely 360, didn't PS3 have BR in them from the get go) and too lazy to put extra effort into making the PC ports nice thru such asset expansion
>
I like letting the assman do that talking when playing FM10 before my manager lrns2speak the local language, because I can still fix his fuckups
then again, there were a lot fewer options back then (usually 5, iirc)

It's not about bad reactions, it's about riling them up.
>strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

Then I don't care too much about tactics when I know they make sense. I just hand warnings, fines and hairdryers until they start making the tactics work.

Yeah I don't need to waste my time with that micromanagement when I still get convincing results with my tactics. I've literally only lost one tournament out of 5 including the euros and confed cup with Ireland lol.

>Yeah I don't need to waste my time with that micromanagement
Leave

>autistically wasting your time on shit you don't need to win
lol ok

>Micromanagement
>Telling the players that they are pussies is "micromanagement"
Warnings and fines raise their Workrate and Determination. And if they complain about it a lot, they often have shit hidden attributes and I offload them.

>tfw Argentina won the Futsal World Cup

We didn't choke this time, could it be the start of something great?

>using autistically as a derogatory term

And I really don't care about going out of my way to do these things when I don't struggle at all doing them.

nope;)

>Out of my way
>Literally in the Talks before, during and after every match
>In a game literally called "Football Manager"

>you have to play for the real suitism experience and not for comfy

>suitism
the word's sutism m9

>Yelling after players isn't comfy

O-oh, ok then.

>also tfw I downloaded PES 6 and was too lazy to update it and mod it to have the current rosters/AI upgrades

I still had some fun with it.

>Not Liveware Evolution
C'mon Morz, step it up!

That said, googling it made me found this.

>tfw there was a time >TORRES was good enough to feature on the cover of a football "game"

When FM17 is released, will FM16 still be available on Steam at a cheaper price?
t.poor cunt playing fm11

just fucking pirate it

>there was a time a Liverpool player was good enough to feature on the cover of a football game

Probably not purchasable through steam but steamcodes from other sites; yes

The Japanese natonal team is there too, so it's not saying much.

FM games on Steam never become cheaper, I think Miles realizes how similar and interchangeable they are.

Right now FM16 and 17 are the same price, and if FM15 was still available it would be the same price, too

You can't, there's no proper crack for it.

Just get a key for it somewhere else.

It's Winning Eleven, the Jap version of PES.

>You can't, there's no proper crack for it.

ah hahahaha

a proper crack's been released for half a year now

It's hilarious when you realize that during humble bundles/CL sale, the older versionsister are more expensive than the new and """"improved"""" versions

Not for FM16.3.2. Either retirement bug or transfer bug.

>warned for my press conference comments

oh yeah well FUCK you

You're a transfer bug

Not my fault if you're satisfied with mediocrity.

I long for a season where I can just fuck up badly and finish midtable. But my boss would fire me.

Absolutely, but since 1) consoles are easy money 2) R&D are almost non-existent for PC gaming 3) serious software limitations (mostly, lack of low-level APIs) exist it's not surprising consoles are the standard in a multiple sense. At least HW obsoletion incredibly slowed down on PC.

Makes sense. It's just funny to imagine a bunch of lads who just cemented their names in football history and obviously walking on cloud nine, then some dude in the middle trying to cautiously praise them.

>tfw you realise this is the only aspect of the game what Miles is actively developing year after year

So that's what he meant under the 1500+ new features.

>lack of low-level APIs
Low level is fine for consoles moreso than PC. DX11 basically was assigning everything on its own. DX12 tells the dev "now it's your job to assign everything perfectly". Potentially you could have slightly better optimization with DX12, but you need the dev team to actually give a fuck or be comfortable with DX12 at all. Else, this happens.
>youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA

On consoles, low-level shit is more valuable to milk everything possible from the hardware. Kinda why multi-platform titles looked better on X360 but exclusives were prettier on PS3 due to way CELL is.

>tfw you realise this is the only aspect of the game what Miles is actively developing year after year
There were some worms in the pictures files of FM16 after all. There's no fucking way in hell I'll ever pay for the possibility to play the demo.

>only one of the twelve teams in CFA's combined relegation zone is not a reserve team
ffs Belfort
>the three reserve teams that are not in the zone are either very close or incapable of being in there without dislodging a reserve team
why do Spanish B teams seem to work whilst German and French ones suck horribly?

when you murderball too hard

There's no such thing. The fine is a badge of honour

There's no proper CFA in the vanilla game. CFA is unplayable, CFA2 is completely simulated and below that you have the unplayable division. Also, Spanish B teams are actually a separate team with an affiliation to the main squad who can play up to D2. French reserves can only play as high as D4, which is just one division in FM, one you can't play in. To have any semblance of working reserves teams, you'd need a 10+ levels db, down to local district football.

>There were some worms in the pictures files of FM16 after all
What makes you say this?

The guy/team who attempted to crack it said so. it was hilarious, you basically had a new version of the crack almost every two days.

I know, but I mean why do reserve teams who are not separate clubs suck in-game in regards to game mechanics
too much main team intervention and lack of team chemistry due to player switching/movement?

>call up player
>sit him for 4 weeks
>don't play him at all
>send him back down
Why isn't he helping the team?

"Realism." When I had a save in France low-leagues with Le Mans, I literally went into the db to get rid of my reserve squad and replace it with a separate "B" club instead. There's two big, significant advantages compared to reserve teams. One, you can put a proxy manager in there and force them to play a player in a given position/role. Because the reserves coach may retain your formation, but he may not retain the roles (just watch your youth trial matches if you want any evidence of that). Two, since it's a separate club, the players in there do play first team football. And hence, they never complain about not playing first team football to you, the manager of the main team.

Moreover, in FM16 compared to FM15, the B team comes to bug you about unfit players automatically and you don't have to micro-manage that at all. So yeah, ask Miles. B/II teams are just superior, and Spain allows you to exploit them as much as possible because they play higher level football than in Germany (country that does use similar B teams as Spain) or France.

Talking about db fuckery, I now know why I couldn't propose full time Backup contracts or why Scouts would initially ask for a Part Time contract. And also why youngsters wouldn't want to come because I somehow wasn't able to give them full time deals. All that despite the nation's rules and league being fully Pro. And that's in the vanilla db. Thanks Miles. So much for the all-mighty and powerful Editor.

Oh deary dear

>Features announcement? October.

So where are they?

tfw colchester vs peterborough in the premiership

New animations!!!!

>when you have an upcoming match you are certain is a definite loss so you field all the shitty players to shut them up about wanting game time and you win

can somebody explain to me in details this? i want to know more shit

some players have a marketing boost, is that related to the player international fame?

i notice that asian players have that sometimes, any other particular kind of players?

>yfw they'll demand even more gametime now

its just famous players from huge foreign markets, say india/china/japan that kind of stuff

>is that related to the player international fame
yes
if you sign a guy with really high reputation (look in the info screen), especially when your club is small, you get that event.
I don't know exactly how the calculation works, but it's something like
>continental rep - will only trigger it if your team is really shitty
>worldwide rep - can trigger it for any club
players from korea/japan/china seem to have a much lower threshold, so signing a continental-rep japanese guy can result in a marketing boost even if you're man united

got it, thanks

Well technically even 30th of October is October so keep frosty.

Where you at UTV? Did you ever meet that stalker guy irl?

>tfw whole locker room is tearing itself apart because the players are not happy that I took their shitty bonuses away and am not giving a new contract to a bang average midfielder

I should just resign and watch the team implode.

It's a shame that your rivals don't change over time

Morecambe are apparently fierce local rivals to me and I literally haven't seen them in 10 years or something

if you resign then the players have done exactly what they wanted

do you really want to be defeated?

Maybe I'll just sell them all to shit teams that are going nowhere.

And retrain the young winger who started this shit into a centerback with a speciality in long throws.

Swebong, what top team is fun to play with? In the top divisions of Europe. I'm waiting for FM17 to start LLM again, so now I just want to fuck around with big teams.

Arianit "Better than Jair" Ferati

please send help

Leeds is going to fucking murder you Butters. Grade A murderball.

i have FM14 and got the itch again after a long time away
is FM15 or FM16 objectively better?

It's more casual, so if you want to pick up a game like a newbie and put in 60+ hours until 17, then yes.

You need more red cards

Moyes pls. Give them their chips back

if sverchinsky's header hadn't hit the bar, I could've had the perfect bullshit anti-football hattrick
>goal from CB from corner
>goal from CB from long throw
>goal from CB from indirect free kick

My CBs take FKs sometimes, he's scored an upper 90 and made me feel bad

one of my favourite regens ever was an algerian thug CB in fm12. had absolutely miserable technicals, but 17 free kick taking, and would always bag a few per season (by ramming them down the keeper's throat at 100 mph, of course)

WINLAND

TORILLE SAATANA

SUOMI SUOMI SUOMI SUOMI

he has good years and bad years
I have a feeling this is going to be a good year

comedy of errors

Defense is a concept nobody's really understood today. Finally get to fine my backs though. Though most of my worst games happen in Florida

we lost 8-6 and I fined all 3 CBs I used for that game 2 weeks pay.

After that shitshow I'm looking at my up and coming replacements
Is there anything I can do with him?

he can't kick the ball, but as long as he's playing next to someone who can, I imagine he'd be useful
pretty decent for 14

>crosskill
>crossing 5

comme il faut

morning lads

>morning
>american flag

polite desu

He kills crosses, not makes them

Technically, if you want be a pedant, it's morning here too, but I did mean it as a symbolic gesture of good will. It's been a long time. Where's mitch?

Is this FM16? No one kills crosses in that.

tips for playing as a non league english side?

Depends where. The only consensus is that you'll be less fucking filthy rich.

Are there any clubs in the 4th-6th tier that have more money than the others? I want to have like a RTG but not really interested in signing players with no wages for like 2 seasons desu

loan championship/prem youngsters
don't bother with development, winning now is much more important until you get to european games
host preseason friendlies against big clubs if you can, the draw should be enough to make you some money
physicals are more important there than in higher divisions

Hamilton such a baby

>Rooney benched again
Mou can save us all

Rely heavily on loans. Try to get a big club as a parent as well.

Started as Woking in the 5th tier. We have a League 2 striker and 2 very good wingers/wide midfielders, we are only lacking in wide backs so I'm getting some by loan from Leeds

how necessary is getting scouts and physios?

Scouts, not so much because you'll ideally focus on loans from bigger clubs, especially through affiliations. Physios however... 24 teams per league, 1 or 2 cups in the season... There will be injuries. Don't need too many of them but you have to factor them in.

Thanks. Any tips on how to find good/affordable free agents?

LOANS
O
A
N
S

Loans.

>Finish a season unbeaten
>runner-up thanks to goal difference

MIIIIILLLLEEESSSSSSS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985–86_1.Lig

Who are some memorable players from old editions of the game?

I have found memories of

Dexter Blackstock
Daniel Aquino
Dag Alexander Olsen (FM 2008 - dat pace)
Ryan Babel was one of the best players in the game in one edition

Vincent Enyeama a few years back before he went to Lille.

Now that some rare flag. Too bad he isn't a regen.

lovely how the two instances /trb/ witnessed of that happening on FM was for clubs that just happen to rhyme with never
1/2

2/2

Gael Kakuta as well he was legendary

the amount of blue teams makes this feel liek a >user db of some minuscule country's 2nd div
meanwhile, Ligue 2 seems to be divided amongst blue and red teams

>No Lebohang Mokoena
>No Kermit Erasmus
You done goofed

Sign him anyway.

I don't need a 5th striker.

>Zlatan Elbowhimovic

>Utrecht
Fuck those guys, how am I supposed to bully a mentally handicapped coworker if they throw away a win like that?

you need 10 strikers

Well there you go. I don't know squat about him and he comes only in 6 months; what could go wrong?

Oh wait, I got it wrong, his pro deal starts in 6 months but he's already there. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that however.

>Potential ability 3.5-4.5 stars
Definetly a worthwhile signing.

>keeper does that whole "waste time by waiting with ball at feet and not picking it up until striker comes close"
Mike pls, I know this is realistic, but I don't trust your ME enough to trust my goalie in this situation

I was thinking about fixing his shit Balance and Heading before putting him on heavy Poacher training. I guess it's not gonna be an easy task.

This is why you should rotate your squad, Jose.

especially after the opposing keeper did this

anyone want a 24 hour stream when fm17 comes out? thinking of playing a mid-table PL side desu but i'm open to suggestions

>they're brothers
wonder how those board meetings go
stream now fuckface
also, Dartford

I would think City would be a mid-table side under you

where could the fun possibly be in a city save

live lad

your horrible mismanagement provides a lot of entertainment

>pogshit

>Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: "Best United performance all season. It could have been 3-0 or 4-0 at half time, 6-0 at the end of the game, but the result was 1-1. But that's football.
I swear Mou says this about 4 or 5 times every season.
Think he needs to learn that its his tictacs.

>Is listed for Loan
>2:15h before the end of the window
>No offers
AI Manager.

>45mins left
I was almost getting worried.

it still might not get done on time
e.g. de gay

I offered him to my affiliates just so that he GTFO of my club.

>Rémy didn't go to Lester on loan last year because of the bad weather: the plain couldn't take off

>Just realised Tottenham irl have a right-back in their youth called Kyle Walker-Peters
>We could soon see Kyle Walker battling with Kyle Walker-Peters to see who gets to start

you can't murderball the murderball.

I want to do a Director of Fooball challenge. I don't have much time to play now that I have a job, and with this I could save time on transfers and scouting. It's also something that I was curious about forever, I just wonder how the game plays/how it works out with a DoF in charge and if it is any fun at all.

In the challenge, I'll use a DoF. I may pick out the best DoF I can find, but other than that, I'm not in charge of anything that is not training and coaching the players. I pick the tactics and to the training etc, but the actual management of the club is done by the DoF. He does contract talks, he hires and fires staff, he does transfers; basically, he manages the club. I'm ONLY in charge of making the best out of the situation I'm given.

I'm hoping that this will make the game more challenging. Scouting great talent and becoming a top club is too easy in this game, no matter who you start out with. But this way, the playing field is leveled - with the DoF, it's not just the other clubs that are managed badly, holding on to old and shit players for too long, not adressing their weaknesses etc - it's your team, too. Winning anything should be hard as fuck with this, because the tactics are literally all you have to gain yourself a small advantage.

It will also give meaning to big clubs etc. I don't really switch clubs in my saves - why would I waste my legacy to go to a plastic club when I can just bring my club to that level? But with the bad AI management, that won't be possible anymore - I'll have to do my very best to get to the likes of PSG, City, etc, so that I can have an outside shot at winning the CL.

Considering the AI is also terrible at tactics, it's still not gonna be much of an issue.

it's Art, I don't think the AI is that much worse at tactics than he is

Tremendous Tottenham goal

>sign regen GK
>4.5 stars
>great stats
>member of his NT
>165 cm tall, literal midget

SI should do something about it

I just wonder - what league should I start out with? Maybe a meme eastern European league where I have to win the league with a shit team just to get some western European attention so that I can switch to a small English club or whatever? Or should I do a LLM challenge in one of the bigger European leagues?

Or should I just go straight to the EPL? Please give me some suggestions, senpaitachi - all options have their good and bad sides:

Eastern shithole: ultimate challenge because even getting into a relevant league will be hard as fuck, but it might be that you're just stuck forever because nboody wants to hire a manager from Romania
Lower EPL league: gives you the opportunity to work your way up by playing good tactics and jumping up the leagues by overachieving at your clubs, but it might not work at all when your club can't even afford a DoF or any transfers at all
bigger leagues: the challenge should work well in these leagues, but maybe it will be too easy to start that high up? 1-2 good seasons would be enough to land a job at a good team

that's true, but think about how easy winning the league or the CL is with moderately good teams is right now. with this challenge, you wont be able to build a team for your tactics - what if your DOF buys players that just dont go well together tactics wise? You wont be able to beat big clubs with an inidividually worse team that is fine tuned tactically.
Like, if you manage a shit club like MIddlesbrough, you just wont be able to make them a bigger club than they are by scouting well, buying good players and creating good tactics for what you want to achieve. even if you do well with them for 5 years and earn money in the process, your DoF wont make use of those assets to improve the team. etc etc

You don't notice until you can see the roles the AI picks. Stuff like a 4-3-3 with W(S), FB(D), DLP (S), CM (S). Basically no attacking duty. Wonder why the team can't score!

>what if your DOF buys players that just dont go well together tactics wise
That is if your DOF also has terrible attributes in Tactical Knowledge too (and shit attributes overall). And even then, they often have a preferred formation/tactic, and if you don't check it you may as well play blindfolded. Else they may be off, but not that far off the mark.

>your DoF wont make use of those assets to improve the team. etc etc
He will, but he won't be smart about it.

>using a DoF
nah, m8, give those responsibilities to your chairman

but my DoF has 20/20/20 in key stats and keeps signing 4* PA 17 year olds

Fairly sure AI just goes "Player X is suited best to role Y so that is how I will use him regardless of how shit that will work tactically." but I've never looked close enough at manager attributes to see if they do get better (though still pretty shit) with decent managers.

>That is if your DOF also has terrible attributes in Tactical Knowledge too

>Implying this attribute means fuck all in the grand scheme of things
managers of big teams are great tactically but they all play shitty 4-4-2s. and yeah, they all have preferred formations, but I wont be able to find a DoF that plays my formation and is also good at his job. Reminder that I wont manage barca from the get-go.

please just suggest some leagues for the DoF challenge ffs lads

Estonia

>managers of big teams are great tactically but they all play shitty 4-4-2s
Nope they don't. How long it takes them to put it in place and how flexible they are is debatable, but they douse their preferred formations when possible. For example, Conte went on winning the CL at Chelsea with a 5-3-2 in FM15.
>but I wont be able to find a DoF that plays my formation and is also good at his job.
Then you play their preferred tactics. Reminder that the staff is also aware of which formation suits the players you have if you just ask them in your backroom or in your tactic screen. Pic related.

Pretty much my impression.

>mitch in charge of not falling for the "let chairman make signings" maymay

This time the True 2015/16 Premier League champions Tottenham will win the Premier League.

Manchester exposed.

If Morzikei were to die and never post here again, I don't think any of us would mind.

Mutch pls.

are you me?

Ok i'll keep it in mind, thanks

Malta

i actually don't mind the dude now that i've stopped getting angry at daisy memes

>playing a team 2 leagues below us
>control, low tempo, keep poss, take a breather, play out of defence, shorter passing
>40/60 possession

nice "game" this is

You stop caring about mozzy when you realise he runs out of material and starts repeating himself after a while

Sounds like it's your tactics.

you used to get angry at those
find one more person like you and I'll have three (3) haters
sorry, I've been cutting down on the autism the last 3 years so I'm still stuck with a lot of FM12-era stuff

Are you a hater-collector?

>using take a breather non-situationally
keeping possession takes work, don't be surprised the players give the ball away if you allow them to be lazy

>make all the tactics about possesion
>dont have possession

ummm?

maybe your players are too shit for possession
maybe the opposition made good counters against you trying to keep possession

>ignoring me
you got your 3rd hater
cunt
end you're self

'no' comment

Get fucked van laal.

Suggest a team from the English 3rd, German 3rd, or Italian 3rd lads.

Bochumbrew and DF already suggested Scunthorpe.

San Marino

Zwickau

Catania

Fuck your rules
Chimney Corner

Sorry senpaitachi, I actually decided to start out in the english 3rd because they have the least awful finances.

Q-q-q-quad damage.

Cittadella

>6 matches since the start of the season
>Starts 3 and appeared in a 4th one
Just shut up.

come on mate didn't you see my quads

>ignoring quads
Art fucking dropped

oooph

nice repeating integers

Catania it is then

Post those (near enough) one-club men lads

12 caps, 4 goals, absolute injustice. Must have fucked the FA chairman's wife or something

enjoy the points deduction kid haha

>the state of my team's age

And it keeps going up, the oldest one is 37.

How long will it take me to decrease the age average?

>Art getting outmemed by Mitch

>36m debt
>when the one thing that I asked for was a club that can do a DoF challenge (which needs money to work)

fuck you mitch, fuck your quads and fuck daisy
I'm doing scunthorpe

>sending him on loan after his best season
BR, not even once

>Art

>Art

>ignoring quads

>Bart

>AI in charge of making decisions

Not his latest but he's still in the club in 2025 at 33 years old.

>Headache
>In-fucking-plying
He plays when I say he does.

is that le dive and get sent off man?
I think I recognise his face from an earlier screenshot

Nah, I don't have divers in my team because I reward red cards with a one week's wages fine.

>inplying
What does this word mean autist frog?

Is it a new or an old save? If its a new save where youre not world class then it should take 2-3 seasons to get the avg age closer to 20 by buying 5 star regens from south america

r8
bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37430014

TYBwinland

>3-3-3-1
wut

New save with Apolel. It's cheaper to sign old Brazilians on free transfers for now.

>Ljungberg
>Bergkamp
>Henry

Players nowadays don't give me the same feelings these guys did.

>Players nowadays don't give me the same feelings these guys did.
I feel you. I think part of it is Messi and Ronaldo being considered such a class apart though. Before them you'd ask someone who the best player in the world was and you could end up talking about 10-15 different players between you. Now its just those two meaning several players don't get their due meaning you don't get as fully hyped about them.

For glamour shots, Ljungberg does have a successor in Giroud however.

mm

the fix is in

>cuba 0:2 canada
ELITE

>team overall plays wobbly, some individual performances get us the win
>give the team shit
>the guy who played well is "confused and demotivated"
>tell him he did well
>"seemed confused'
is the concept of a player doing well while the team sucks too difficult for them?

I own half your national team as 15* PA 19 year olds for inexplicable reasons

yes
I think I've also seen reactions like that to
>[Team] expect a performance
>[16 year old making his debut] no pressure
very small brains

>inexplicable reasons
it's just a matter of time

>15* PA
is it even possible to reach that? maybe a GK generated at 14 might

1.5*, whatever.

wew, I thought you'd meant to type 5*
you got he hyped

Technically you could. Of course the issue is that FM will never display more than 5 stars, but if it could display unlimited stars a potential goat for a shitty lower league team would have like 15 stars.

>unironically using the word hater

Nedved didn't retire for this.

>youtube.com/watch?v=8J4A5zaxtHM

>implying there was anything serious about what I typed
hell
>implying there is anything serious about what I type

So, i just got my continental pro license and i'm currently managing SJK (Finland). We are dominating Finland but when i play in the Champions League Qual. Stages, i get BTFO. Should i move to another team or keep on managing SJK.

Forgot to say but year is 2045.

>LoD 6
>fitness AND goalkeepers

better off making a new coach, la

I didn't pay attention to any detail while creating this one because i've retired the 1st coach on this save. Is it just better to create a new one? I don't want to make a new save since FM 17 is coming out.

How come you have so few games managed if the year is 2045?

Yeah make a new dude.

This is my 2nd Coach in the same save
Should i start out unemployed? What do you recommend

Got this lad for £600k i should be able to get at least 15m for him. Ive made lyn the most valuable club in the country by flipping south american talents for up to 100x profits

>that guy for only 600K

In my last save I had to spend around 2M for a manlet Ecuadorian CB.

>Balo with another goal
GOAT

kickstarter.com/projects/357426702/the-football-game-board-game-footballs-coming-home
I wouldn't go so far as to say this looks good but these cards certainly seem /trb/ appropriate

>a winning goal, then sent off in stoppage time
classic balo

>Those jpg-like png
I'll save you some time.
>londonboardgames.com/londonboardgames

Schalke leading by 3.

>Yellow for shirt removal
>Yellow for discussing with an opposition player
Ligue 1 referees. And the board behind the refs denies that there's any issue with them even though we hadn't a French ref' in important competitions for God knows how long (I don't count the bone thrown to Turpin for the Euro '16 as a proper nomination).

because I screenshotted the vid but thanks yeah those are much better

Need Jair's face on this

>praise some guy's last game
>he didn't think it was that good
>requests transfer
ayy lmao

Canadian's btfo

Are stadium bans a thing in fm or is the interest for football in lithuania this low?

Needs Ronaldo's face

You just have to win some games and he'll come back apologizing. Works every time.

>Not Evergreen Pro

fuck off

Forgot pic, this is a euro cup match

That's more Robben than Ronaldo.

Needs Pedro's face.

>France-Spain
>Lloris fouls Pedro in the box
>Referee brings his whistle to his mouth
>Sees it's Pedro
>Tells him to get up
>Lloris smiles on a football pitch

You mean Neymar's.

>they want 15.000 pounds for this

114 attendance. ayyyyy

>Lightning-Fast Fullback
>Is black
wow racist

>He never had Babangida in his Master league save in PES

Same for Pacy Poacher

delete

>Kaunas
low rep teams get crappy attendances when playing in other stadiums (would've gotten sell-outs at Crusaders' 3k stadium but had to spend a ton on renting Linfield's stadium only to get ~1500 fans) + these guys probably have crappy attendance overall for doing this shit (playing at another city) IRL

Dark indeed.

Reminded me more of Verratti. He has a knack for picking up stupid yellows in every single game.

one for morzi

>long throws: 20

>saw this on the kickstarter page
>didn't think of Bane or UUUU
fuck

The AI is so stupid at defending Long Throws that I literally craft a FB/WB every single time for that purpose. Have a Delap.

>Frenchman handballs a goal
It's like times never change.

Thierry dindu nuffin

jej

I actually just told him that he'll be starting from now on, which I was going to do anyway.

I like this.

thank God I'm the home team to be desu

>Sassuolo

>the wet water
>the sweet molasses
>the tall skyskraper

manage in Sweden, good fun and more money than the Finnish league

also really really easy LLM as well because the lower leagues are same quality as allsvenskan bar Malmö, Djurgården, AIK etc etc

>FH we play like shit
>yell at them at HT
>we end up winning by 3 goals
>"Player reveals Manager's fury"

Why. When other managers do it, their players thank them for their "motivation".

>move up to 1st
>but fail to strengthen promotion chances
I beat USBCO both times so I guess I can match their next result and feel safe, but Avranches could knock me out
they use Assertive, not Aggressive

I usually have one player that reveals fury and one that thanks for the motivation

>they use Assertive, not Aggressive

pussy

Is revals manager's fury bad? I get it often but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

yeah, I don't think it matters, it seems totally separate from the "unhappy with team talk" event

youtube.com/watch?v=qCfOreJjL54

>Barcalelna

It's the murderball derby.

10 minutes in and the tackles are already really hard.

> actually went to boca juniors match when i went to argentina with the senpai
> they drew 1-1
> didn't see any beatings or shenanigans
slightly disappointing desu

>Marcus Rashford & Jesse Lingard included in Gareth Southgate’s @England squad for World Cup qualifiers against Malta and Slovenia.
lol

>remembered barcelona is playing
>check score

Why havent they put down their tifos?

>opponents playing a 174cm virtual GK
float crosses?

>Poacher with no Balance nor Strength can't see why I ask him to work on at least one of these attributes
BAKA.

Scout to see his aerial ability and jumping reach.

>Manchester City Women beat Birmingham City in extra time to win the Continental Cup final - with boss Nick Cushing remaining with the team despite his wife going into labour.
And I think its bad when I want to go to bed and a cup final goes to extra time on FM

>Barça

>scouting mid-match
>scouting virtuals
fuck Mike for making virtual players' attributes invisible (unless you're MItch and turn off masking). this happenned after introducing attributes being shown in a range, why not fucking do that for virtuals so that their strengths/weaknesses could be somewhat determined
his answer would probably be "they're probably way weaker than your players anyway" (which is wrong when, e.g. playing as a Norn Iron side and coming up against unloaded eastern yuropean sides in the EL)
inb4 gets the lie detector treatment like that JUST guy with the "world's most jealous wife"

>tfw nobody wants to win leliga
Butters BTFO

>expecting a fight in the top division

Unless it's a derby or a match with history, all the playes have become pussies. You should've gone to see 3rd or 4th division matches. Though I wouldn't recommend that to anybody.

Because they are used by political parties and unions. Corruption's a bitch.

Which one of these GKs is better?

I give both of them playing time, but I'm not sure which one is better.

Whoops forgot you said he was a grey. But basically, their attributes are balanced across the board and fairly dependent of the rep/status of the club they're in. Greys in EL/CL playoffs are far stronger than the average grey of your neighbourhood club.

Miles pretty much tries his hardest to keep under wrap the few things that curious people didn't find out by browsing the db or/and using Genie Scout/FMRTE and playing with the numbers.

Weird, seems a bunch of people are stuck underneath massive banners all game.

at least i got to see riquelme play in the flesh

Right.

>Jumping 8
>Aerial 7
The guy on the left by default.

I think virtual players' attributes get generated according to the club's rep, the English 7th/8th tier teams become much tougher when their players are loaded because their CAs are much higher than what the club's rep would've given them
CL/EL teams already have pretty decent reps (by their nations' standards) so they get virtuals that might even look better than the average player that would come from that league/team

Pretty much goes along with my experience. Once I think I signed a grey for shit and giggles, and he had 8s and 7s in every attribute.

Thanks guys that really settled it.

>Barcelona losing 0-3 to Celta

Good, maybe they'll sack Luis Enrique.

Yeah, but they are criminals, most of them don't even care about football or their team, they're there because they are supposed to.

I'm with france, the only reason I'd accept a short keeper is if he had absurdly high eccentricity/rushing out/speed/ball skills

guess all those worries about some 3-way tie being able to push me down to 4th were unfounded
>inb4 win last match 1-0 and win the league with a single digit GD

Nah, they lost to them 4-1 last year and nothing happened.

iniesta should just shave his head

Alright. I'll use the left as first choice.

im back

>just started new save
>have 3 mediocre GKs
>right before 2nd leg of Champions League QF, the better 2 get injured
>the 3rd choice GK is not registered
>will have to play a really shitty 17 y/o regen

Believe in him.

What should i do? Leave sparta? Already won everything.

Maybe finish the season i guess.

Get a stadium named after you

Do you guys use a discord or something?

thats going to take atleast 15 years

How much of a difference does corporate facilities make? Ive played with fairly basic for 20 ingame years. Just got a stadium with top corporate facilities.

that was so funny it was just like fm

fuck i know, just upgrade that shit to the max so the money stays inhouse and doesnt get paid out

I might pick up barca for my next LLM save

Not a very big difference. You make some extra money and that's it.

But how much more? Is it arsenal level money with their corporate boxes or?

Celta deserved it. Hilarious.

maybe theyve been playing pique in the wrong position this entire time

Pique should have been off

where's the "buy win from them" option?

also
>moving a final matchday game to a later time because of TV
yet another example of >SI >quality

Why wouldn't you move the final matchday game to a later time because of TV? Do you even want TV money

>win 1st leg 4-1
>lose 2nd leg 5-0

It doesn't matter how much I could've believed in him, he's too shit. Anything that went goalwards was a goal. He even got one in that was not going into the goal.

strawpoll.me/11351471

vote as many times as you wish, i don't care

because Disgrace of Gijon

>He even got one in that was not going into the goal.
How?

Fine your CBs, they let him down.

Don't be too hard on yourself, you'll improve

>people have actually voted for arsenal

It was a low cross that was going from left to right through the box, he got in the way trying to grab it and deflected it into the goal somehow.

Well, one of them got sent off, but it was also the GKs fault, his goal kicks are shit too and the ball went to the opposition.

COYS

why does the 3d match engine seems worse now than 4-5 years ago

because your computer cannot run High settings anymore?

> west brom with two votes
go home tony, your wife misses you

>hull city with only 1
RIP Snod

>the 3d match engine seems worse

>Its a pleb thinks playing in 2d makes the match different to playing in 3d
Its just a match engine, the same fucked up things happen regardless of if you're in 2d or 3d so unless you mean to criticise the graphics then really you just mean to criticise the match engine regardless of how it is viewed.

FM in Frostbite when?

not sure how, I even managed to avenge our 1-4 loss in the season opener

Yurop BTFO again. Been a bad 7 days for them.

welp, this just JUST'd the club
not to mention I'd probably have to groundshare until it gets built (although that would probably be more lucrative than selling 1300 tickets per match)

>8.27m loan
>only just getting into ligue 2
crazy. I guess they're banking on some really good kids coming through your academy and selling them without your permission
insane

guess I should've expected this sort of ill-measured optimism when I got 100% confidence for being 3 spots above my media target and getting a new contract around November

Probably some seating requirement. Pray that it's at least 17k since it's the requirement for Ligue 1.

let me guess, it'll be 12-15k, and as soon as he gets to ligue 1 they'll have to shut it down for another year or two and groundshare again so they can add in a bunch of new stands

nope.exe
10k (6,5k seats) required in Ligue 2, guess the current stadium didn't have the expansion potential, so really nothing else that could've been done
Ligue 2 better be deceptively weak because so far it looks lightyears ahead of National (at least when comparing them to England's/Germany's 2nd/3rd tier)
>max is 113x80m
the fuck is this shit?

>Ligue 2 better be deceptively weak
it was pretty decent the last time I did a save there
lots of very fast, very black men
you might get by on counterattacking since everyone will think you're shit

>guess the current stadium didn't have the expansion potential
Correct.
>Ligue 2 better be deceptively weak because so far it looks lightyears ahead of National
Yes and no. It's not "that" strong as far as FM goes. That said, Ligue 2 forces you to turn Pro, while National has a handful of Pro and mostly Semi-Pro clubs. In England you have pro clubs down the 5th or 6th tier, not in France: Pro clubs outside of Reseves are not allowed in D4 for example.

I've got dark men
probably gon get fucked when all the players on NCs start getting poached (although I've got anyone I'd regret losing on a real contract)

you should reward your board's decision to take out that loan by spunking all of the newfound cash on high-rep free agents' salaries
promise them you'll finish midtable or something

>probably gon get fucked when all the players on NCs start getting poached
Not really, either your DoF, either your board, or you will have to sign them new contracts fairly automatically. So unless you purposefully let them rot or that they decide they've become too good for you, you should be able to retain them.

hope the 1m prize money keeps you oily cunts in the black for another year
enjoy the EL

meant lower league teams poaching the backups and such, I didn't risk putting starters on NCs (and I don't think they would've accepted those)

>Loaning in a cheese just to prevent him from going to big money clubs
Sometimes I like to do these things, even if I don't like loans at all.

bRaVo MiLeS

>wants to leave because he's not getting enough starts
>halal madrid are 5th in the league
holy shit AVB what are you doing
anyway I got drawn against them in the CL so I'm sure he'll score 3 30 yarders against us

>teamwork 12
>anticipation 13

pure trash

>Looks For Pass Instead of Attempting to Score
Fixed.

there's this I guess

>decisions 13

i don't think so jeff

>NACL final has two legs
Wut, kinda ok with it though.

The trick is to not get BTFO on the away leg

>Clubs who want to loan in your first-team players
JUST

juicy

>Sara

youtube.com/watch?v=pXBydPzCE4M

It's perfectly okay FM isn't real life. Else, I'd hand out so many fines that my players would have to pay me for the privilege to play.

>Olympiacos throws an offer for one of my affiliate's player
On one hand he must have some good potential if the AI spotted him in the depths of Yugoslavia, OTOH look at this FFS. He hardly could be more bland. I'll probably save there and go to bed.

>tfw I exited the game without saving
I'll just buy him and sell for profit later.

>play a high line
>opponents bombarding us with hoofs
>drop deeper
>concede immediately after from a hoof

I started a save with 1880 - 2016 legends, all free agents and world super league.

What should I do?

Let the game choose a team for you.

lel

Not even 2 full months at the club and we've already won a cup.

Fucking red cards

Maybe if your 442 wasn't so sloppy

It was the CB's fault. Playing ML and AMR works perfectly well for scoring really long far post crosses, but I had to sub a ST fro a DC which really didn't help my crossing game. I have CF[a] CF[s] up top.

>first year on expansive youth recruitment
>get a world class PA regen
oh my

Anyone else ever find unnaturally loyal high PA regens?

well done lad

I tried to take your advice
>mexishits
;_;

At least tomorrow is another day

don't think I've ever seen that
would be pretty fucken neato to have a world class guy who never wanted to leave

Started on my usual scout and sign everyone's youth, and there were potential GOATs in Stuttgart and BMG telling me no.

Youngsters in Bayern, Schalke, and Dortmunds youth squads almost always tell me to fuck off.

Barca youngsters are always a bitch for me to try and pry away.

just kill me

u fucking know it
>implying 12 and 15 are not the GOAT versions

i consider keeping this kid as a happy part of the squad this as one of my crowning achievements in FM ever.
he never even played for the reserves either before signing him as a scout.

How did you get it to run?

nvm
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HOW HAVE I PLAYED THIS FOR SO MANY THOUSANDS OF HOURS AND NEVER SEE THIS. IS THIS WHAT BEING A COKE ADDICT IS LIKE AND THEN FINDING METH

>high line
>olympic sprinters for defenders
>everything is fine until one of them misses an easy header

>120 GD

so why do you keep playing this save?

are premade tactics haram?

>had to factory reset laptop
>tfw can't remember where or how I got a properly working crack

I need my fix until FM17 anons

Very.

>Letting an American manage in the EPL
Disgusting

-Checked- XYZ4 -Suriname-

where you normies at

sshhhh hibernation time before beta

ayy, didnt even know a beta was here, what is the consensus?

You know what the word "before" means right?

oh, read too fast

Looks like we might be able to see it in action tonight

who gives a shit

They're about to let in 2 if based Huddersfield get promoted

It's a brave new world.

FM 16 is not fun desu lads. When is FM 17 coming out?

When will Tyson Fury die and stop being so fucking annoying?

Miles confirmed devilish

>Di Matteo fired from Villa
>Bradley in at Swansea
What a world we live in

It's a brave new world.

March 2018

Probably in hope that sometime, Irish clubs will actually become something.

Absolutely 100%devilish desu

second win

might leave idk

When you win the CL twice in a row, it's time to go.

nah its not in a row

i got some really nice talents here

Not time to leave yet then. Complete dominance my friend.

Also Pool won the CL in 2019? God damn. For some reason they almost exclusively suck shit.

Time to go is never, fuck you

Time to go is when you're not having fun really.

11 to 9 vision in a year what do

You have a duty to your regens, can't just leave them

The fear of the AI selling my godly keeper and striker regen are the only reason I stay desu.

>GK
Who cares. With his shitty Ecc he won't make use of his Vision anyway.

contact lenses

NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD

Thanks anonymous butters

I'm trying to make Ireland git gud, but on the side I also manage Bangor City F.C. in an attempt to kill TNS once and for all. The side save is going well. I've got massive bank and my starting XI is mostly italian free transfers.