Historically, has there ever been an NBA game, let alone Game 7, with so much at stake? Just think about it:

Historically, has there ever been an NBA game, let alone Game 7, with so much at stake? Just think about it:

> the Warriors entered the Finals as the team that shattered the Bulls' legendary 72-10 gimmick
> the Warriors entered the Finals after an epic 1-3 comeback against the Thunder
> Steph Curry: First ever unanimous MVP
> Historically great season of Draymond Green
> no team ever came back in the Finals after 1-3
> LeBron on the VERGE of losing his THIRD Finals in the row
> LeBron's legacy on the line
> the endless West >>>>> East gimmick
> home-court advantage for GSW, which is the additional burden
> the Cavs with a chance to justify all the "NO LOVE AND KYRIE IN 2015" talk
> the Cavs with a chance to retroactively make the Warriors 2015 title win a FLUKE
> Curry with a chance to redeem himself after underperforming in majority of first 6 games
> Curry's unanimous MVP meme on the line
> Curry's manhood on the line
> LeBron with a chance to cuck Iggy back

Just fucking think about it, it's been 4 months and I still can't digest it all, it seems no one can, there was just so much on the line, it'll go down as a game that changed the landscape of the Association, especially if Durant does well in GSW. Four months, and it'll still take some time before I be able to wrap my head around all these things that were on the line. It was a game bigger than Spurs/Heat Game 7.

If anyone can think of something else, please speak, there's just so much to talk about this game. LeBum's historical block on Iggy, Jesus Fucking Christ, it was like a poetry and I don't even like LeBron, he clutch-cucked the man who cucked him a year earlier and in the first two games this year.

FUCK!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVT07Avfr0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Bulls' legendary 72-10 gimmick
>gimmick

it's called a meme, pal

>meme

Total newfag born somewhere around 2002-03.

Bumping this for you, because I think you're right. It felt like an endgame boss in Lebron's personal video game.

almost like it's scripted

you should post this every day

I forgot to add the biggest travesty of them all: Tristan Thompson unironically made a name of himself on the expense of Kerr's small ball meme and horrific coaching:

> 10.3 pts and 10.1 rebs per game, many of them in tight score and clutch time
> 18.1% TRP
> 13.6% ORP
> 27 offensive rebounds total, many of them in tight score and clutch time

Fucking Tristan Thompson of all people entered the history books and justified the 100 millions thrown on him. Just fuck my shit up, senpai!

It's the best thing that's ever happened in sports.

that webm summarises the finals

You can't find better storylines even in pro-wrestling.

You forgot that it was a chance for LeBron to achieve GOAThood, to go up there with Jordan and Kareem as arguably the best ever. And he took it.

The amazing thing is, the line between what you said and the ETERNAL CHOKER was insanely thin, and really put things into perspective when we discuss the greats of the past. The ring is truly magical, it's like Sauron himself forged it.

Inb4 the "purpose in life was to be born just in time to Legod win one for Da Land"

The aspect of Iggy getting revenge-cucked by LeBum is not talked nearly enough about.

And because of that Durant went to the Warriors and LeBrick career is over. Really makes you think.

Has a professional sports team ever made such a quick heel turn as the Warriors did?

I swear 2 years ago they were the lovable underdogs who were proving all the experts wrong about how you cant win with 3s, and Curry dancing with fans and having like 3 different kinda funny ESPN commercials, now they are the new Heat.

> Kyrie's got Curry's number
> LeBum is like 15-2 against the thin man
> Warriors now have Zaza and McGee instead of Bogut

Cleveland will be fine.

They barely won with Barnes bricking every shot, they will get massacred with Durant in his place.

thanks bosnia 3-1 is the best thing in the history of hoops

B8

Durant would have gone to the Warriors either way. He was desperate to win a championship, and I don't think he would have wanted to go to Cleveland.

It's literally real life meme magic.

meme magic made a lot happen this year.

tsuu'ing won the CL and euro
da foxes won the league la
and 3-1

if you bet 1 dollar on all these happening you'd be a billionaire

Game 6 2013. The big 3 probably get split up if Ray Allen doesn't hit the 3

Nah lad that game was game 6 of 2012 ECF. that was bigger legacy game for lebron because the big 3 never would have won a ring.

>tfw I posted that drake post
>tfw forever a part of the greatest meme magic in NBA history

Feels good.

Op you forgot that he atuslly won one for da land: an area where they hadn't won a championship in 50+ years

It's honestly about as good as it gets for sports stories.

You'd have to be a complete LeBron hater to not appreciate it.

What's he say to curry there?

The Golden State Warriors unironically broke the NBA regular season record with 73 wins, came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Oklahoma City Thunder, gained a 3-1 lead on the Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, and then lost 3 games in a row and did not win the championship. Stephen Curry unironically won unanimous MVP, back to back MVPs, and exclaimed "We not goin' home!" during a game, before being blocked by LeBron James a record 7 times in one series and indeed going home. Klay Thompson unironically said in a post game interview after going up 3-1 that basketball "is a man's game" and LeBron James "got his feelings hurt", LeBron proceeded to average 36pts/12ast/10reb and won the next 3 games and the championship. Draymond Green unironically avoided suspension for kicking Steven Adams in the balls twice, then STILL continued to play dirty and finally got suspended during the most important series of his life and ultimately cost his team its once historic and now infamous season.

These things all actually happened, the thoughts of this reality stay with me at all times. I go to sleep at night looking up at the stars, wondering what celestial being aligned the universe in such a way to make an event as amazing as this occur. I wake up smiling every morning knowing that the Warriors genuinely went 73-9 and choked a 3-1 lead in the Finals. That even if time is a nonlinear fourth dimension, going to back to stop it from happening will simply create another universe where it happens again. That the state of ass-blastedness emanating from the city of Oakland is eternal and infinite, it crosses countless dimensions of the multiverse and its unending torment knows no bounds. I gaze into the endless cosmic wonders around me, still in disbelief that it actually happened, but knowing that my purpose in life was to be born just in time to see LeGod get one for da land.

he definitely says "nigga" but i cant tell if he says "lil nigga" or "bitch nigga"

This. It's a feeling perhaps only matched by 18-1, but even then this is better.

This is premium pasta.

r8 it five stars

Yeah, but it's Cleveland, no one gives a shit about cancer.

But they don't compare to this.

>implying the thin man is some sort of basketball messiah

Delicious

>if
If a fucking leaf watches basketball, does he bandwagon Kobrick and/or the Memeiors?

raptors and lebron

This game was one of the happiest moments of my life. It was as if all the shit talking of so called "Warriors" fans catching up to them and the universe harnessing all the butthurt and tears into one mega burst of euphoria for everyone who knew the Warriors were a meme.

>scripted
>lets overpaid negros in this apehoop circus
>lebron became one of the greatest
>nike or adidas give him bilions
>nba profit for that
>finals scripted so good that even I did watch it
>i dont give a fuck bout apehoop
>muricanos think its all good
>money win it all

That, "indeed going home" on Curry kills me every time i read it.

>thin man
kek

Pretty brazen of you to call the Warriors a meme when Cleveland has always been literally LeBron James: The Franchise. That's like the memeest meme of them all. How many "fans" did Cleveland have when LeBron was in Miami?

Where do I subscribe?

>> the Cavs with a chance to retroactively make the Warriors 2015 title win a FLUKE
Agree with everything except this

While the Cavs winning was amazing (and fucking hilarious), from a sports standpoint it's important to remember that the Dubs LOST this championship way more than the Cavs WON it.

Steph, Klay and Dray all played like trash the entire finals. The bench underperformed. Barnes built a small village in Africa with all his bricks. LeBron played out of his mind and Kyrie got insane buckets, while TT defied all expectations and actually played up to his 88mil contract.

All of that had to happen and the Cavs only lost by 4 POINTS. The gamewinning bucket coming from an INSANE shot by Kyrie. Forget one big three player from the warriors playing better, if one more shot had gone in for the warriors earlier in the game the entire finals would have been different. The Warriors had to absolutely collapse and play like utter trash for the Cavs to fucking scrape a win.

I feel like this fact might get forgotten in years to come and I reckon it's an important thing to remember.

Also while I'm hating, the block was incredible but I'm 90 sure it was a goaltend. I've seen the tape dozens of times and it really looks like it hit glass first.

>While the Cavs winning was amazing (and fucking hilarious), from a sports standpoint it's important to remember that the Dubs LOST this championship way more than the Cavs WON it.

It's semantics, potato-potatoe.

And your post has way too many "ifs". Here's one IF: If Love and Kyrie played in 2015, maybe the ending result would had been different.

Actually Klay played just fine. It's shortcoming was not being able to step up to the posterboy and tell him to either to stop doing stupid shit or give him the ball because Curry was 100% playing hero ball in game 7.

It covered up yet another terrible NBA postseason.

I wouldn't say it's quite semantics, I mean that the Cavs wouldn't have won had the Warriors done anything other than completely fall apart. Like, the dubs REALLY fucked it and that's the only reason the Cavs even had a shot. And of course, there's "ifs" in my post, but it's a hypothetical situation; the entire basis is an "if". I'm just saying, this series more than most highlights that. So many "unforced errors" on the Warriors' part, to use a tennis term.

>Klay played just fine
19ppg on 42% shooting and 35% from 3 when your only job is to get buckets and hit your fucking 3 pointers, nah that ain't fine. Your stats are supposed to jump in the playoffs, not dip substantially. By the way, that scoring average would be MUCH lower if he hadn't padded it with a 37 point game in the game 5 blowout loss. His +/- throughout the series was cancerous, too. Klay fucking sucked. Probably worse than Steph.

>no one gives a shit about cancer
But Legod did

Nah, he just wants his own franchise where he runs like 70% of things.

It literally is

I don't know whether to laugh or hug you

So that why he went to that shit heap called Cleveland? Only because of that? Not because he was raised around that area? Not because he made a promise to win them one before he left the first time?

10/10

>promises in sports

He ran away because Pat Riley didn't want any of his shit anymore. He just wants to run a franchise, and Cleveland where they worhip him like a deity happens to be the first/best choice.

But that not the only reason he went back, lad.

He could had went to better franchises back then and even then there were people that loved outside of that wasteland.

He clearly have some emotional attachments to that area

It was a career crossroads for LeBron, just like Superbowl 49 was a career crossroads for Tom Brady

>Seahawks enter as defending champions with a chance to repeat
>Seahawks have rising star QB Russel Wilson who is being billed as the next Steve Young
>Patriots enter having lost their last two Superbowls
>Patriots were the last NFL team to repeat as Superbowl Champions
>If they lose, Tom Brady drops to 3-3 all time in Superbowls, winning 3 to start his career and losing 3 to finish
>No Superbowls since Spygate meme still going strong
>Seahawks players lead by Richard Sherman have become the worst loudmouths in the history of the league
>Bandwagon fanbase for Seattle has materialized out of nowhere, with thousands of casuls, housewives, trannies and nu males jumping on board to root for them
>East vs West, NFC vs AFC
>Seahawks and Wilson just destroyed Peyton Manning the Superbowl, now in position to beat the other legendary white quarterback, making Russel 'King Mulatto Manlet' the greatest QB in football
>The game will be played in the same stadium where 18-1 and the helmet catch happened
>Brady's legacy on the line in every respect
>Pats wind up trailing by 10 points to start the 4th quarter
>Tom Brady enters god mode, plays the best quarter of his life
>Pats lead 28-24 with 2 minutes left
>A nobody who's name is literally pronounced 'Curse' makes a fluke circus catch near the goal line
>Patriots line up with no ground left to give
>Clock is winding down, Brady will have no time left for a desperation drive
>Bellichick's headset crackles to life, asking about a timeout
>Like a lightning bolt, Bellichick remembers the words of the great physicist Albert Einstein
>Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results
>Does not call the timeout. Sends in goal line heavy package, 3 corners
>Ball snapped
>Malcolm Butler tapped on the shoulder by a divine presence, who points to a cube of empty space and says, THERE
>Play clock at five! Pass is...

coming back down 3-1
>barely won

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=XVT07Avfr0Y

God would that have been annoying for that phony Wilson and Sherman to win another owl. I wasn't even upset that Brady and Belichick won another one. They're both insanely good and hard working at their craft. Meanwhile Wlson is just a whore.