/copa libertadores/ wtf is happening?

So tell me, southamericanbros, are they trying to fuck up our leagues?

>7 spots for BR teams.
Disgusting.

Just a reminder on who got some new slots

Mexicans are still playing this shit? Now that's what I call disgusting. Fucking beaners ruining our football.

This
We need to remove mexicans

What are the people saying in your country? Are they likeing it? Who's getting the new slot?

Why all the hate mates? (serious question)

Because you guys make the tournament look like a complete meme. Play group phase like Barcelona, and on the knock out stage, you spics prefer play LIGA MX

your league is a joke and your big teams spend all their money buying southamericans; Argies, Hues, Chileans, Urgayans and >us prefer to play with our own players. Also, you're too big for concacrap but too small for conmebol, it's obvious you'd get hate from both sides

It was kinda expected thanks to Nacional and Santafe' recent success, it will probably be the 2 winners, best team of the year and the cup winner.

more teams = more shit teams

thanks. finally something even us ants can read!

This desu.

our is beyond fucked, even Venezuela has a better league

>saving a thumbnail

You guys have Penarol and Nacional. That's like having Real Madrid and Barcelona. We have to respect you guys, apparently.

South Brazil + Uruguay meme league when?

both are complete shit now
they are Alagoas second division tier
It´s both sad and hilarious to see them choke at group stage in Copa Lib

>20 years of drought
>l-let's make our own league guise

kek

KEK

>20 years of drought
If only...
I only want to see >my team in the first division again

If Santa Catarina managed to have 4 teams in the first division all at once, surely Paraná can manage 3.

Yeah, but the third one will likely be Londrina.

But of 2 teams we send they both make it out of groups and 1 is usually In quarters/semis. I don't think were the ones to blame here.

eu achava que não mas agora até o timão vai pra liberta

era melhro que não fosse

>Us
>Tf

You are going to have to go back.

fuck you talking about, maybe penarol but Nacional was in the top 8 last Libertadores

G5 + 2 finalistas da Copa do Brasil?
ou G6 + campeão?

and surely these 2 extra spots are for the little qualifying stage

Extinct the state championships, that's what should happen. And g6 + cdb. Why would a vice champion go to the libertadores? Makes no sense.

Is this a compliment?

no, we actually call those teams that give their all and choke in the end 'cavalo paraguaio' (paraguayan horse)

Cruz Azul was robbed back in 03. But Chivas and Tigers did choke, hard.

Tigres was worse because they had international players and a squad value that could rival a lower end European side, still ended up choking to River Plate.

>squad value that could rival a lower end European side
and a overrated shit coach, unfortunately.

And that too.

They didn't choke, River was a vastly superior team.

>i rate marcelo gallardo

>more teams
We were good at the number there was.
>longer competition
Good.
>losers from the group stage go to Sudamericana
Good.
>single final on neutral field
My fucking sides. What the fuck were they thinking?

That shit is true. I don't get why they want to win fucking Liga MX when Libertadores is a greater tournament.
I think they get more revenue money off broadcast of finals than Libertadores

This is all the result of the Meme Copa America in the US.
I can almost guarantee that the final will be held in Texas, California or New York.

a fuckton of games in that Copa America were half-empty, even Brazil ones. Pretty sure only Mexico, USA and Argentina managed to fill the stadiums, and that's because they were the home teams or had Messi.

It's a stupid idea to host it on neutral ground, especially in America, no ones cares about Libertores unless it's their team playing.

> Chile with 4 spots

Oh my you are thinking the income of the games it's on tickets. The broadcast time was really good, it was probably the most profitable Copa America ever.
I'm with you, it's stupid doing it on Neutral Ground, is not the Champions League.

But they give a shit about fans, they want the sweet sweet money

15 years

The main guy in >our federation already said that they would probably decline the invitation for 2017 if the proposed new schedule (Libertadores from February to October) gets implemented.

ye, he's great lad

stay mad

1 season from summer to summer

>Godoy Cruz qualified
>San Lorenzo already crying

The problem is, there is a different audience for international football and club football, and for South american football, a majority of the international football audience is casuals. Those same casuals will rarely go to a club game, especially when Libertadores has always been less about the spectacle and more about the passion, at least for the fans attending.

At most, you will get around 7000 fans from each team in the final (maybe a thousand more if it's Boca, River, Corinthians or another club with a fuck-ton of fans), while the neutral part of the stadium has at most 2000 people watching out of curiosity. So you would end up with a Libertadores final with less than 20k people attending, something that not even Independiente del Valle had.

And let's not even talk about costs and transportation times between countries here in SA. The system might work well in Europe, but here it will be a failure.

>wins the 2nd easiest of all libertadores playing the 'barely enough' style of football
>all of sudden he's regarded as remarkable
I'm not mad at all, though. I laugh off of stupid people shamelessly.

PAraguay deserved the spot chile got

>7 spots for BR teams

the more the better since my Memengão cant beat foreign sides

m8 I'm not even a gallina, but they won that cup walking through every team except Boca in the eliminatory rounds, that last match was over 20 minutes before finishing time.

>that last match was over 20 minutes before finishing time.
I wonder why that is. perhaps it's because they were playing nobodies.

the finals were a chokefest.

and what do I care if you're a gallina or not, you're wrong either way.

Mexico's FA is mad about the new schedule and apparently they are not sending any teams (which means three more spots)

dont forget Tijuana choking a last minute penalty against Ronaldinho's mineiro

>but they won that cup walking through every team except

wut, River was literally the worst team that classified to ro16

this

there is no such a thing as a neutral field in SA like in yurop, and hosting the final in another continent would be the ultimate cuckening

gibe spots

No matter what, Perú will still try their best!

> tfw there will never be at least one international powerhouse in each sa country
> tfw Copa Libertadores will never an ultimate clash of nations tournament
> tfw it's always gonna be about second division argies vs second division brazzies + flavor of the season countries