Are there football players that you could call intelligent?

Are there football players that you could call intelligent?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Urschel
global-sci.org/jcm/openaccess/v33n2/pdf/332-209.pdf
nflwonderlictestscores.com/wonderlic-test-50-questions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

joey barton

Yes.

Depends. Gelson Fernandes is a Polyglot.

Balotelli

Mark van Bommel.

NFL Wonderlic Scores

Pat McInally 50 P
Mike Mamula 49 LB
Ryan Fitzpatrick 48 QB
Greg McElroy 48 QB
Benjamin Watson 48 TE
Kevin Curtis 48 WR
Matt Birk 46 OL
Jason Maas 43 QB
Eric Decker 43 WR
Blaine Gabbert 42 QB

>no Frank Gore - 6

Probably some autistic ones like Alonso

Bobby Wagner 8 LB
Terrelle Pryor 7 QB
Tavon Austin 7 RB
Kelvin Benjamin 7 WR
Vince Young 6 QB
Oscar Davenport 6 QB
Frank Gore 6 RB
Edward Prather 5 S
Morris Claiborne 4 CB
Darren Davis 4 RB

There's some kind of pattern...

Xabi Alonso is kind of well-read for footy players' standards.

Messi is a high functioning autist, if that counts

Wasn't Juan Mata studying for a marketing degree? I wonder if he graduated already.

Pogba is an avid fan of post-structuralist philosophy and a well known counossieur of modernist art, he has a rather large personal collection of paintings in his villa in Locarno

Lampard

>Sócrates, was a Brazilian footballer who played as an attacking midfielder. His doctorate in medicine and his political awareness earned him the nickname "Doctor Socrates".
>He was a columnist for a number of newspapers and magazines, writing not only about sports, but also politics and economics.

OP didn't ask about soccer.

Frank Lampard has an IQ of like 150, some other players do part-time degrees whilst they play.

Mathieu Flamini owns some sort of biochemical company.

It's just that football pays well enough that you'd rather play that than become a mechanical engineer.

Benjamin Watson's black.

Why do you think that, OP was a Russian talking about football. You decided to perceive it as handegg.

Was that part of the reason his team was the most critically acclaimed Hue team yet didn't win the WC

Back then in amateur era lot of players had universty degrees, in modern football it would be impossible to study and play at the same time

Bilardo is also a doctor

What the hell is handegg?

Go back to Cred Forums.co.uk

any moron can be a columnist here, the guy wrote to a far-left magazine that no one reads.

Kevin Großkreutz is the smartest active football player that starts on the defence. Not only that, but Großkreutz is more intelligent than both Barack Obama and Thomas Edison. Do you think I'm joking? I'm not.

Großkreutz scored a 42/50 on the Wonderlic intelligence test. A score of 20 is consistent with average intelligence. To convert a Woderlic score to IQ, double the value and add 60. This means Großkreutz has an IQ of 144.

To add some context, this means Großkreutz has a higher IQ than the following individuals:
Thomas Edison
Abraham Lincoln
Thomas Jefferson
Barack Obama
Bill Clinton
Adolf Hitler

Here are the Wonderlic scores for other relevant football stars:
Ilkay Gündogan - 35
dabbing Atiba Hutchinson - 33
Andrea Pirlo - 24
Toni Kroos - 11
Jerome Boateng - 6

Großkreutz is literally classified as a genius. His recent activities during the DFB Cup media week confirm this. He is managing to simultaneously gain attention (good for endorsements) without providing the media anything to take out of context.

>it would be impossible to study and play at the same time
Not impossible, so long as you do it part time. Mkhitaryan has an economics degree, IIRC.

>tfw I scored a 43 on the Wonderlic as administered by a licensed psychiatrist

Feels good, man.

Well, a real degree like medicine, laws or engineering

>What is the correlation between intelligence and choking?

No smart person is called Kevin, it's a sign of having retarded parents

Suarez wrote a book
Zlatan too

He does have a tendency to overthink things.

>dabbing Atiba Hutchinson - 33
decent banter

Based Luisito

neurons are firing nonstop right now

wrong thread
this is about football players

hehe mom look at me TROLLING those fools lmoa

I think YOU should bug off, bozo.

Wasn't Albert Camus an amateur GK?

I know an intellectual old guy who got an offer to play for england as a keeper in the 50s

He turned it down to be a teacher because that paid more kek

Look at Joseph Anthony Barton, a man well versed in Nietzsche,Brunel and Morrissey.
You might think of him as a philosopher in a way, a man who says he would "privatise religion" were he Prime minister, and has spoken openly about the problem of homosexuals in soccer being forced to hide their sexuality.

You could call him intelligent. But you'd be fucking wrong.

>He turned it down to be a teacher because that paid more kek
Hmm really makes you think

Ngolo Kanté is actually a diplomed accountant

Giroud has a state diploma in physical education

This. Exceptional IQ and the best at positioning himself

Chiellini has a degree in Economics and, said pretty intelligent things when asked about brexit during the Euros

Mignolet

Clarence Seedorf.

>Giroud has a state diploma in physical education
That doesn't really mean he's intelligent.

Schär is a trained banker. I'm pretty sure Embolo would be eligible to work for the SFV.

having a degree doesn't make you intelligent btw

Pablo Alfaro was a medic too, he was called Doctor Alfaro here with sarcasm because he was a butcher that used to send people to the hospital.

Lampard
Milner
Barton

>tate diploma in physical education

wow, a PE teacher

Dont know how it works by your side nazibro, but here in France even PE diplomas require baccalaureat/abitur. He has basically a master in PE

Barton would have had a much better career if he was more intelligent, he just has a big mouth

Yes, Cristiano Ronaldo

A master in PE, wow, that's really impressive.
One could think he's good at sports or something.

Arjen Robben

Out of the German players, Mats Hummels (although his wife is dumb), Mario Gomez and Philipp Lahm strike me as intelligent.

Müllel is actually the smartest Bauerntölpel I have ever seen.

>although his wife is dumb
Extremely fucking stupid.

Yes me but I was to intelligent for football (got a job in maths) so I play in my spare time now.

Right here

>Footballers write their own book while they have an active career
Yo must be retarded if you believe this.

Ramos looks smart but he's one of the dumbest athletes alive

Richard Sherman

I mean that nigga is a Stanford graduate.

does anyone else feel like di maria looks like an evil warlock?

Robben is the only socially-apt person there.

Maybe a dark elf

he's just staring vacantly while fantasizing about cutting inside

Messi checking no one has touched his gallon of Sprite

>His doctorate in medicine and his political awareness earned him the nickname "Doctor Socrates".

If you are a doctor of medicine you are a fucking doctor. It's not a nickname. Who wrote this shit?

Not a single one.

Most famous people who "write books" dont do it themselves tb.h (politics, actors, singers)

They tell their story to a professional writer

He played football at his university, so yes.

Pellegrini is a civil engineer.

that's pretty spooky

>my feet hurt
>I wish Andreas was here
>oh look this faggot is standing on his toes again

What degree? Can one be considered intelligent with a bullshit degree such as social work?

>Albert Camus
>intelligent

falmer

One jumps out at me with one being incredibly impressive

John Urschel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Urschel
>his paper
global-sci.org/jcm/openaccess/v33n2/pdf/332-209.pdf

He started on his PhD at MIT in some cool math/CS stuff.

I remember Oleguer being a very smart person. I think he got in trouble for being an open Catalonian separatist.

whos andreas

This fella here looks pretty smart

this, he's actually fairly smart with a degree in a difficult subject, just massively impulsive in terms of violence and anger

Seen this a hundred times, still not sure what is going on. Is someone speaking out of the frame?

>smart
>religious image in his house

Patrick Bamford rejected Harvard to play for
>Notts Forest

also
>mfw he's playing in the championship as a chelshit loanee when he could be banging frat bitches with his accent

second this

he is looking at TSUUman on his tiptoes

>He did A-Level French, History, Biology and General Studies and attained 3 grades at B and another at C

How do you get a Harvard offer with shit grades like that

probably his dad knows someone or similar upper class things

John Elway went to Stanford and it wasn't a football scholarship. I guess you could say he is intelligent.

>Not being well read in the philosophy of camus and sartre

>Regardless, spewing spergy arguments in the form of memes

Enjoy being a pleb.

Duncan "U Wot"more has a First in Economics from Newcastle Uni

He's a fucking nice guy too.
I think he is part of the Bamford family who own JCB, so he's considerably wealthy too.

>Separarist
>Smart

Yeah, because being in favor of policy that would bring socioeconomic debacle to a region, is the characteristic of geniuses.

Aren't all Swiss people polyglots?
>german
>italian
>english
>various inbred mountain languages

there are also plenty of Ivy League grads who played in the NFL, and they don't offer football scholarships.

Military academies take only HS Valedictorians and they need Congressional recommendation as well.

it's easy to give Joey Barton shit but at least he tries to better himself

he comes from a horrible family and his brother and cousin are literally doing life for murder

>DUDE life is a farce because u die anyway lmao :DD

oink

He still spouts third class degree level opinions on Twitter.

Gary Fencik is the all time leader in INTs for the Bears and was their defensive Captain. A Yale grad with an MBA from Northwestern. Now a bigwig in the finance industry.

>camus
>sartre

Valuing your homeland being continually cucked because you can have an iPhone is not the mark of an intelligent man.

rude

>policy that would bring socioeconomic debacle to a region
why would he care about other spanish regions that wouldn't be in the new country anyway? :^)

Seedorf speaks fluent Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, and probably more.

Mignolet can speak English, French, Dutch and German. He has a degree in political science from the Catholic University of Leuven.

Byron White was a Rhodes Scholar, Supreme Court Justice and an all pro halfback every year he played in the NFL

>political science

steven gerard has an iq of 138

at least shes not as bad as yhivi

>138
138 what? yen?

Niels Bohr played at a high level for AB. His brother was a bit better and played at the Olympics.

Nice, I spent a semester there. Great city.

138 rat brains that he ate in his council house

If you're speaking about a "doctorate" it's appropriate to specify the field.

he's fairly talented too, but he won't achieve anything unless he leaves the west landon cancer club

Vincent Kompany

I don't know if he's got a fancy certificate but he's always well-spoken and clearly understands the sport and the business of football

He's just handsome

WE WUZ WONDERLICS AND SHIT

The only player I really like from Real Madrid (aside from Kaka) was Xabi Alonso. I don't know why.

>What the hell is handegg?

Unless the OP explicitly stated "American Football" they are always referring to Soccer you moron.

They are just supposed to be up there. It was FIFA (UEFA?) XI for that year.

Stop forcing your dumb meme and go back to the cuckegg thead

Juan Mata seems like an intelligent lad. And Patrick Bamford (if that name tells you anything) got accepted to Harvard but instead decided to get loaned out every year by Chelsea.

Neuer looks fully Autistic during the first few seconds.

you can tell lampard is intelligent just by looking at his play

90 percent of his skill comes from positoning himself (in a way that leads to tangible results in goals and assists rather than le meme metronome xavi scholes stuff)

So is Simon Mignolet. English, french, dutch, german, and I think he's learning either spanish or portugease. Can't remember wich.

Can you convert Wonderlic to IQ? I thought the Wonderlic tested fewer things.

>Answer 20 questions
>Get 15 right
>Get massive headache
I didn't choose the slow life.

He was recruited to play soccer

I haven't seen this pasta in a few years. Did it start with Richard Sherman or marshawn lynch? I forgot which one

>there are also plenty of Ivy League grads who played in the NFL, and they don't offer football scholarships
They do provide up to full financial aid for those under a financial threshold. For example, top schools like Stanford don't provide merit scholarships, but if you come from a household making under 120k you get free tuition. Just a slight note

The Wonderlic isn't really that bad. I took it coming out of college abd got a 37. Idk how you manage to score anything below a 20. Accountant btw.

Nice pasta. Also, Edison has an IQ of 145.

>he doesn't rate yhivi

buzz off

This

t. NEET loser with a masters degree

Jonathan Zebina of Juventus fame was buying a lot of art, and I think Hidetoschi Nakata was an art enthusiast.
Also Pessotto was an intellectual

What's your masters irmão?

most of those who become successful managers are fairly intelligent. And if you see most of the successful managers were creative or organizing midfielders, which is the most intelligent role in football.
footballers vary in intelligence just like the general populace, from moron to brilliant

>looks smart
no he looks dumb. The ones who look smart are neuer iniesta and the inside cutter

Degrees aside. I'm still amazed how many players end up in their countries fa management.

I suppose business degrees really are fucking useless.

> Thuram X

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Love that lad.

Haway

christ what a maniac

intellecting this

Frank Lampard.

Frank Lampard is one of the most intelligent people to ever live

He's got pretty much every religious imagery that's available to him. It's decorative.

Plus, there's nothing wrong with religion if you take the (chunky) bad parts out.

Duncan Watmore (footballer for Sunderland) recently graduated with a First in economics from the Uni of Newcastle

how come there isn't a single one with a stem degree

>Fitzpatrick 48
>Can't read basic defenses
The wonderlic is trash

Ted Williams, though not a football player, was simultaneously one of the most intelligent and one of the most badass guys to ever enter professional sports.
>served in WW2, though they wouldn't let him fight
>trained as a combat pilot, setting records for hits and reaction time
>ended up teaching young pilots how to fly one of the most complicated fighters, the Corsair
>recalled to active duty in the Korean War
>hadn't flown in 8 years
>learned to fly the new fighter jets in eight weeks
>ended up flying 39 combat missions
>was on pace to approach or pass Babe Ruth's home run record and the RBI record if his career hadn't been shortened by two wars
>retired with a .344 batting average

Muh stem

STEM is a meme. I regret falling for it.

what degree?

impressive desu

>Bobby Wagner - 6
this isn't true, it can't be, I had classes with him in high school and I can assure you it's much lower than that

I think niggers just act dumber than they really are sometimes.

rhodesscholar.jpg

REALLY MAKES

U
T
H
I
N
K

I love the story behind his pears, hope klopp starts him against unites karius needs time and migs isn't as bad as people say.

jej

Post 'em
nflwonderlictestscores.com/wonderlic-test-50-questions/

Given the DFB line I'd guess Lynch but there's no way that man scored a 42

>stem
MBAsterrace

> fsu
> smart
Kek

yeah you're right, they give out Rhodes' scholarships to anyone who applies

Econ is most definitely a real degree.

>he fell for the stem meme

The only one I can think of is Manuel Pellegrini, he was called the engineer here because he actually has a degree on it

afaik, you can't use the title "Doctor" next to your name without using your surname neither

Socrates was both his name and his nickname. The correct would have been "Doctor Socrates Souza Vieira de Oliveira", whereas "Doctor Socrates" is a incorrect form and only usable as nickname

too*

Who's the guy that went to MIT to get his math phd and has a 4.0?