Is this the best movie of 2015

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt1645089/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know it's overrated, but in a year as kinoless as 2015 I'd give it to Mad Max: Fury Road

really? wasn't that big of a fan (don't get me started on the martian -.-)

To me yes, but I'm a finance guy so I understood a lot of what they were talking about without the shitty actor cameos

>the martian
-______________________________-

>great now their going to blame all their problems on the poor and the immigrants while the 1% continue to take everything they can.

What did brad Pitts character mean by this?

the only thing I don't understand is the "this can't happen again" mentality by people in economics who discuss the movie

The Big Short? More like the Big Short! Ahahaha

Fuck liberals and their Jewish lies xD

TRUMP 2016!!!

overrated disgusting garbage

i thought the directing + cameos were amazing
just my opinion though
easily my fav movie of 2015

They are in denial. This not only will happen again, it will happen in the same fashion too.
It's not that i didn't like the cameos it's just that they didn't stop, the Selena Gomez one was good for the first minute and then they just went on and on. I did like that they stopped and clarified parts of the story. Like how they didn't find Vennets speech at jp Morgan, or that the scene in the presentation was 100% accurate

Someone who likes finance shit but doesn't understand I loved it

>It's not that i didn't like the cameos it's just that they didn't stop, the Selena Gomez one was good for the first minute and then they just went on and on.

They were legit like 30-45 seconds long each, MAX. I just saw it recently

>Best movie not green room
Bad batch of nigger dope making the rounds

I didn't quite get something

What exactly was Ryan Gosling doing? He was at Deutsche but he seemed like he was doing his own thing. Was he selling credit default swaps to Steve Carell? On whose behalf?

Really? I could have sworn the Selena Gomez one was at least 3 minutes long. Maybe it was because I liked the part after it

>On whose behalf?
The banks. It's his job to make the company money, if you're good at it you get a long leash. Just like carell or batman in the movie.

so was he telling Deutsche that he wants to find idiots who will buy this crazy deal but in fact knew the deal was legit?

You mean this

Pretty much, and I'm sure he had some of his own on the side. And when carrell had to pay penalties and collateral, who do you think got a fat bonus for getting so much money

Best I saw was "Neon Bull"

He had a thing to sell, people bought it. He also has that speech about how he's in it for the money and how he gets rich no matter which way it goes.

I hope that fat guy who pulled his money from Dubs man's fund killed himself when he saw the profits

Pretty good movie, the cameos were annoying enough for me to not consider it near the top of last year

This is basically wolf of Wall Street on steroid's

It was Creed. Criminally underrated, can't believe it didn't even get nominated.

cmon
just because it's artsy doesn't make it the best of the year.

I thought it was good for more reasons than being merely artsy though.

I think it loses all its punch when they leave the hotel. We just follow them around for a while and then they blind her

This was a good movie but Margin Call was better and it was better made.

>NeonBull
keep 'em coming.

It was enjoyable. Carrell can't act though.
Mad Max 4 (a 2 hour car chase)
Rocky 6 (spinoff edition)

cinema is dead, we are in the age of flicks

I liked that part too. Thought it was a necessary part of the narrative, like the hotel representing how fucked modern romance is but the outside showing its inescapability. I don't really get how it was any worse than the rest of the movie, just as funny, just as grim.

I don't wanna just image dump so I stopped at top 5.

well, just give me some names, i haven't see much foreing cinema lately

The problem with Margin Call is that it treated its audience like idiots - even moreso than TBS.

There's a doco about the GFC narrated by Matt Damon that's actually worth watching.

Cemetery of Splendour, the Assassin, Love and Peace, Embrace of the Serpent, Francofonia
Just follow your favourite directors and whatever's played at festivals then keep an eye out for subs

Should I watch it?

Only thing that's stopping me is that it's another holocaust movie and I'm tired of holocaust flicks

It's directed extremely well and I thought it was really immersive.

Check it out.

what am I supposed to do about this continuing global kikery guys? I'm just one guy with like $1000 to my name

is it time to just become a hermit and raise chickens?

>but I'm a finance guy so I understood a lot of what they were talking about
So is a legit movie to watch on that angle? (I am kinda starting to study economics)

no sicario is

No, not really. They simplify everything too much.

You're better off watching documentaries if you want to learn a few things. My fav is the one about how The collapse of Enron I think it's called the corporation. And fun with dick and Jane is like a mirror to what happened to the employees like almost exactly.

can someone explain what they omitted from the movie? I know they really simplified synthetic CDOs but what else?

Meant for

Watch this instead:

imdb.com/title/tt1645089/

It has a pretty clear agenda, but it does give a compelling overview of the GFC.

What do you mean omitted?
>NINJA loans
>sub prime mortgage
>CDOs
I remember a few other things but it's been S while since I saw it

Matt Damon got a little jealous no?

all of those things feature extensively in the movie

I'm asking about things that were not in it that are important

Meant forJeez I'm a fuck up at this

It's overrated, yes, but I'd give it to Furiosa Road in a year as shit as 2015

They weren't 'shorting' anything. They were engaging in credit default swaps, which are different.

I had heard about that one but never watched it because I forgot, thank you.
Well I will check out this one too then, too bad about the big short, I wanted to watch it for the historic aspect.

I know I was listing things in it. What kind of stuff are you talking about? The covered a lot of ground in different areas like how credit rating companies were just giving ratings away and how retards were property owners

>the lobster
>artsy

No historic aspect just a glimpse of what happened

They were trying to short it by basically buying insurance to protect bonds they suspected were going to fail. However, it took a lot longer than they expected for the market to crash the way it did

not even top 10 mate

if ur an utter plebeian

I wish I could watch this movie again for the first time ;_;

The film literally ends with stating that the guy who predicted it first is now looking into the water market. Now that'll be something if that happens.
Afaik, the US is running into a used cars bubble. Let's see how that plays out.

This movie was frustratingly pretentious

ill admit the crying scene wasn't the best but imo carrell isn't a bad actor by any means

The Martian was pretty good but this one was great.

I thought this was The Big Short.

You're a big short!

the martian sucked :(

2015 was kinoless?

Are you serious?

You got the wrong pic OP. Here you are

>that frustrated nigger libtard

Love how with all the airbrushing tatum still has the worst abs

I enjoyed Margot Robbie explaining to me all those difficult things and telling me to fuck off.

pic related

Here are my favourite movies from 2015:

1. "Queen of Earth" (dir. Alex Ross Perry)
2. "The Case of Hana & Alice" (dir. Shunji Iwai)
3. "Anomalisa" (dir. Duke Johnson & Charlie Kaufman)
4. "The Kindergarten Teacher" (dir. Nadav Lapid)
5. "Taxi" (dir. Jafar Panahi)
6. "Mistress America" (dir. Noah Baumbach)
7. "I Don't Love You" (dir. Pavel Kostomarov & Alexandr Rastorguev)
8. "Hill of Freedom" (dir. Sangsoo Hong)
9. "Eden" (dir. Mia Hansen-Love)
10. "Bone Tomahawk" (dir. S. Craig Zahler)
11. "Nasty Baby" (dir. Sebastian Silva)
12. "Buzzard" (dir. Joel Potrykus)

Honorable mentions (in alphabetical order):

"The Big Short" (dir. Adam McKay)
"Bridge of Spies" (dir. Steven Spielberg)
"Christmas, Again" (dir. Charles Poekel)
"Digging for Fire" (dir. Joe Swanberg)
"Entertainment" (dir. Rick Alverson)
"From What Is Before" (dir. Lav Diaz)
"Heaven Knows What" (dir. Ben & Joshua Safdie)
"Magic Mike XXL" (dir. Gregory Jacobs)
"Mia Madre" (dir. Nanni Moretti)
"Pasolini" (dir. Abel Ferrara)
"Reality" (dir. Quentin Dupieux)
"Steve Jobs" (dir. Danny Boyle)
"Vincent" (dir. Thomas Salvador)
"The Visit" (dir. M. Night Shyamalan)

#Oscarssowhite

No, that would be The Assassin

No.

This. Goddamn XXL was amazing.

yes

Just that last moment was pathetic as fuck
>Muh immigrants and poor people

This has nothing to do with economy.
People complain about immigrants due to the job market and culture issues (and I suppose I get it, even if it personally affects me). People complain about poor people because (at least as a third worlder) american poor are entitled as FUCK. Seriously, even that Stripper joke shows it, american poor like to think they can have the full american dream package while working for minimum wage and seem to have ZERO foresight and realism. All that rich fraudsters need to do is give them a little push and they fall right for it, so that's the most connection this has to the economy. That and the growing love of populistic bullcrap, but okay it's not like you'll turn into Latin America.

I didnt get it.

>wat is sicario

A decent flick

I understood the movie, it was still trash

>this is the story of how some guys made a lot of money betting on a crash
bravo

>lists films no one has heard of
if they are so great, why are they poorly rated on imdb and by critics? and why has no one watched them

would rather not waste my time on something with a high probability of being bad tbqh

I didn't think so

The movie shits on the same stuff trump does.

Of the few I've seen, good picks. Surprised to see Hana and Alice so high, my pick for animated film of the year would've been Miss Hokusai.

Spotlight. Best journo film I've ever seen to be quite honest.

Fuck, you must be so intolerable to be around.

>Anomalisa

WHY DOES EVERYONE SUCK EXCEPT ME?

This is 10/10. I sat down to watch it eating a roast pork dinner with gravy,roast potatoes, big salad, nice bread.

Didn't feel great desu but i was hungry

gimmicky shit

Roast pork, roast jews.

I liked the performances, but I didn't understand a lick of what they were talking about. Also, weren't there laws in place that meant loans had to be given to low-income homeowners, or is that just a Cred Forums meme?

Agreed. I'm never going to get over how I had the opportunity to back it on Kickstarter and didn't.

This guy has been making a living out of his people skills for years, and now he's lost the ability to tell people apart. They all have the same face and voice, and it takes awhile for the audience to realize because it's done very subtly.

You're not supposed to agree with the protagonist that everyone sucks. You're supposed to feel sorry for him because he feels that way.

I get that, in the end Lisa's friend is seen from her perspective and is different, but I still don't get the movie.

How DARE someone criticize rich people right? It's not like they've done anything wrong ever, it's always the poor who fuck everything up, they are poor because they are dumb! Fuck commies, I'm going to be a billionaire too one day if I keep sucking their cock and work hard to defend to them, just wait

I thought Bale's acting was very good but beyond that it was one of the worst movies I've ever sat through.

>but I still don't get the movie.

Depression

Sicario, i can't think of much else that was impressive.

>2015
>kinoless

Your top 12 is great. Your honorable mentions is awful to look at, though I like the Swanberg, Diaz, Safdie Bros and Ferrara mentions.

>Trash like Baumbach
>great
kys fucking nigger

Villeneuve's films are all terrible.

I love it when libs try to false flag

There are so many plebs on this board what the fuck

if an Oscar nominee was your fave movie of basically any year then you are a giant pleb

XXL is a legit masterpiece. One of the best musicals ever made probably. Glad that it found respect in some critical quarters, hopefully plebs will embrace it at some point.

Baumbach is good buddy. Squid and the Whale is one of the best Mmurican depictions of divorce. I know you think that good taste means that any movie that has any entertainment value is worthless but that's not true. Taste is being able to see the qualities in movies from varied directors that run the gambit of style, from Costa to Baumbach, from Ming-liang to Lonergan, from Wiseman to De Palma, etc etc etc.

tl;dr stop being a tryhard faggot

What was your favourite, tough guy?

In Jackson Heights of course

I like all the directors you namedropped except Baumbach. I guess the De Palma doc was decent enough watch, but not because of the directorial effort of Noah

How does it feel to be a faggot with no agency?

Rhetorical question, don't answer, cause I know it wouldn't even be your own.

>but I understood the film without the spoonfeeding and shitty fourth wall breaking
this is the big short fucking sucks.

>hating on based The Martian

Is this a new meme I wasn't aware of?

The Martian was a good fucking movie.

That movie is fucking awful though DUDE SO PUNK LMAO
No characters are developed and none of them do anything then it ends on WUTS UR DESERT ISLAND BAND LMAO

I saw two of the top 3 films there in a fucking local cinema maybe if you left your house instead of torrenting on the pirate bay top 100 you would discover something that isn't shit

The Martian is a horrible piece of shit

They did blame poor people though, also none of the bankers were arrested for committing fraud.

No there were very few laws protecting people from bad loans and vice versa protecting banks from fraudulent investment banks

>"if Hollywood liked it then it's bad
>contrarian: the post

>Cred Forums
>liking good successful movies
are you new here

People needed the spoon feeding because the people who were ripped off still don't know what happened

name of the docu?

>narrated by Matt Damon
should be enough ifnromation to find the document you retard

Dude, the only good thing about Margin Call is that its a wonderful cure for insomnia.

Pop that fucker in and you'll be out like a light in no time.

I don't know if they did commit fraud

it's not illegal to sell shit even if you know it's shit
it's not illegal to short it after you've sold it
it's not illegal to pay your CEO 30M for firing him
it's not illegal to mark something AAA even if you know it's subprime shit

really the only people you can go after are the mortgage fraudsters who took off the boat immigrants and sold them mortgages on 400k houses

>it's not illegal to mark something AAA even if you know it's subprime shit
If you are selling it is

ratings agencies weren't selling anything. Well, they were "selling" ratings but again it;s not illegal to pay S&P a fee to mark your securities and hey, if they just happen to all be AAA, more business for everybody

Same. Can't believe no one mentioned it til now

It is illegal if the customer isn't told its shit

They can short it nothing wrong with tht

They can give big ass severance pay to CEOs true

But Moody's and s&w were giving false ratings based soley on acquiring money. That is illegal as well

It's right here senpai, literally in the thread. You should seriously contemplate suicide

>That is illegal as well
it's not, ratings agencies are under no obligation to mark bonds according to some universal standard