Who's best character?

Which is best season?

Which area is best represented?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailybruin.com/2007/04/15/ibets_editing_butchers_wire_story_linei/
youtube.com/watch?v=NhHLP4NXVik
youtube.com/watch?v=oYj7q_by_2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dookie. I liked the 4th season the best.

I didn't like it at all. I don't like anything David Simon ever created. It just all seems like liberal shit. It's totally unrealistic.

>It just all seems like liberal shit.
did you pay attention?

>Who's best character?
Weebay

hol up yo, is that the same guy from The Night Of?

As much as I liked him telling Delonda to fuck off, I thought it was a bit unrealistic

Deriding responses like this are just part of the liberal fallacy game. I'm tired of it. It's endemic to The Wire and also Simon's other shit series. I don't want to have to deal with this kind of content anymore.

Season 3 and 4. They are really one season.

>It's totally unrealistic.

>written by crime journalists and former cops
>extras and some of the cast are retired/current law enforcement or people from the street
>major plot points throughout the series are based off of actual homicide cases and city scandals

>true crime fiction is accurate and never lurid
I don't even want to talk to you, buddy.

it showed a democrat-run city being a corrupt shithole swamped by crime. the most corrupt character was a black democrat senator.

And it showed a Democratic mayor/governor as an ambitious, narcissistic philanderer who will use anybody and anything to climb the political ladder. He's based off of Martin O'Malley, and his portrayal was so unflattering that The Wire got their tax credits for filming in MD yanked when he was governor. There's a scene where he's banging that woman in the hotel room and he's looking at himself in the mirror while he's plowing her doggy.

There are like ten god-tier characters

And second is the best season, no question about it

Wow, the alt-right is really out in force tonight isn't it?

>
> (You)
>Wow, the alt-right is really out in force tonight isn't it?

>doesn't realize he's responding to a Sanders supporter

The Wire was honest. Democrats have fucked up so many big cities, Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, etc. But the Republicans are so incompetent and toxic that they haven't really made any inroads.

Welp, I have no intention of interacting further with alt-right pretenders ITT. Have fun pretending to be Bernie supporters or whatever floats your boat, you aren't convincing.

Best character is Bubbles closely followed by Bill Rawls.

Go watch "The Corner" now dude. The entire series is up on youtube last i looked

This. The first time you watch it the second season hits you like a truck, you go all
>where muh towers
>where ma dealers
>where muh hood
But on rewatch it really is the best season

>And second is the best season, no question about it

This
>It's a shitlibs want to ignore the collapse of the working class because muh ghetto episode

>Deriding responses
The point of the show is pretty much the exact opposite. You either didn't watch it or you are retarded.

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

He is in prison. He was smart enough to see that his son will either get killed or end up like him. It's a simple choice imo.

Ziggy has a huge dick

Kek BET edited the second season

dailybruin.com/2007/04/15/ibets_editing_butchers_wire_story_linei/

>For unknown reasons, BET has decided to air season two in 60 minutes rather than 90-minute blocks, but with no fewer commercials. To do this, nearly 20 minutes needs to be cut from every episode. To cut anything at all from a show as layered as “The Wire” is already a bad idea, but BET’s cuts are truly bizarre.

>The second-season premiere, as seen on BET, is almost an entirely different episode than what was aired on HBO. Instead of opening with Detective Jimmy McNulty finding a dead body floating in the port, the episode opens with drug dealer Bodie driving to Philadelphia. For some reason, the show’s original opening, a pivotal moment in the second season, was cut out.

The Wire is probably the only non-anime tv show I've seen that isn't complete fucking garbage.

Try watching Trailer Park Boys and Breaking Bad

best character? I don't know, certainly not pic related. Wire has loads of great characters but not many good that have a long lifespan.

Season 5 is a mess and you can feel it. To me the best seaon is 3rd one, but all 1-4 seasons are great on their own merits

ziggy was fucking tragic, him crying after what he did was brutal

>It's totally unrealistic.
Being this wrong...

season 1 was ok, 2-4 were kino, 5 was shit

Being taught chess and it revealing itself as a spiritual template for how the drug trade works would probably be an insightful and profound realisation for the kids in the show that he was teaching.

Try to see it from a character's point of view, instead of furiously masturbating yourself over how enlightened you are that you can see it for the simplistic metaphor that it is.

this

Rewatching it around November into janaury for MAX comfy season vibes

Shows great

>Who's best character?
McNulty's the best character

>Which season is the best?
4th season is the best

>Which area is best represented
Thug life.

Bug is pretty based.

>Who's best character?

Stringer Bell / Tommy Carcetti / Frank Sobotka

>Which is best season?

Season 2

>Which area is best represented?

The Police, then Politics

...There are so many to choose from, but I think they did a pretty decent job at portraying Baltimore.

You fucking idiot.

recurring: Bunk
minor: frank sobatka

s2

poleece

Baltimore isn't all a single area user, there are different sections of it that this show portrays, not that you've seen it.

THE JEWS

Levy was an absolutely amazing portrait of a filthy kike shilling the system. Simon had to have been demoted in the tribe for not holding any punches on how he wrote Levy.

>totally unrealistic.

I am sheltered: the post.

This 100%

>Best character

That's debatable because there are so many great ones but the ones who exemplify the essence of the show the most(which makes them the best) are Frank and Stringer.

>Which is best season?

Not American so idk but the schools seemed really authentic based on what I've seen in NZ

>not that you've seen it.

Yeah, the Wire is totally obscure man. You've probably never heard of it.

Season 2 stands out the most. Its theme song seems to stand out. Being in a harbor about some workers and not very "hood" related.

Kinda wish we knew how those characters ended up. Season ends kinda bitter.

Bodie
The docks

1. Stringer Bell
2. I don't know, they're all great, except for 5
3. Police Work

David Simon, who is himself Jewish, has explained and justified the characterization as authentic:[13]

Why did we make this guy Jewish? Because when I was covering the drug trade for 13 years for the Sun, most of the major drug lawyers were Jewish. Some of them are now disbarred and others are not but came pretty close. Anyone who is anyone in law enforcement in Baltimore knows the three or four guys Maury Levy is patterned on.

If I have people from every other tribe in Baltimore portrayed negatively, everyone is maligned in some way, how can I not do that to the Jewish guy? How can I pull that punch? At that point I'm just being hypocritical. Here are good people from my own tribe who say how can you do that, and my answer is how can I not?
BASED

When they went back to the corners it felt like home.

omg wow you're so smart you sure proved them wrong

you're also an idiot.

TOO MANY 40 DEGREE DAYS

Close, but not quite. He understood that his son isn't like him and would never make it in the game.
Yeah, S02 here as well. At first I was taken back and thought it was the worst season and liked the 4th best, but after rewatching 2 became my favorite.

You seem them in the final episode in the montage. Some appear in the background as homeless as well.

seeing johnny 50 under that bridge...feels bad man

omar

You know I looked up the stats on Gus Triandos...POWER HITTER

Yeah I had the same experience first time around, taking us away from a lot of the stuff established in the first season was a little jarring, but it is the best.

don't think I've ever felt so sorry for fictional characters as I did for frank and ziggy,

Patrician opinion.

Where can I watch or download the Wire?

Bunk BTFOing the omar meme

youtube.com/watch?v=NhHLP4NXVik

the internet

Hi new-friends! This is pasta. No need to thank or upvote me.

>frank sobotka
>season 2
>the police

Honestly though, the characters in this series are quite weak. Sobotka, Bubbles and Stringer were the only non-linear ones, and among them I think Sobotka is the most colorful one.

I like the cyclical nature of the show. It always ends up at square one, with the end of each season showing another character filling that space or taking over from another.

This, ironically
Ghetto folks always have this "do as I say, not as I do" mentality that make them tell kids to go to school
Guess what Tyrone, shit don't work that way. Kids mimic adults, so if adults fuck up, kids will mimic them fucking up

I laughed when Levy used Yiddish to call Herc family

Marlo as a character, not the actor playing him, he looks like some punk kid.

Howard Colvin, he knew drugs and addicts would never go away and prevented him and other officers from doing actual police work.

I watched season1 because I've read it accurately portrayals a real investigations.

But then they let an informant/junkie in their planning room.

My favorite character is Lester Freamon

My favorite season is probably 2

I think the way this show portrays political corruption and bureaucracy is frighteningly accurate

I finished The Wire a couple of weeks back and after not wanting to watch any other tv, I started watching The Man in the High Castle. Totally different genres trying to do totally different things, but this pleb shit has made me appreciate how good The Wire is that much more.

I just want to delete it from my memory so I can watch it fresh again

greek right hand man is best character
>my name is not my name

Who's best character?
Bubbles
Which is best season?
S4
S4 with the kids and Cutty

Frank and Ziggy are the most tragic storylines in the entire show tbqhf.
Bunk best nigga.
The thing about The Wire is that it has the best rewatch value of any show. It actually gets even better when you watch it again.

Quick everyone!

What time of year would be best to watch this

haven't seen it yet. Sadly

The bullshit that is the public school system was portrayed the best

> Who's best character?

Lester Freamon

Which is best season?

I don't fucking know, I'm not from Baltimore.

>Who's best character?
Stringer or Frank Sobotka. Both have some ridiculously tragic endings

>Which is best season?
2 or 4

I dunno not from Baltimore

SHEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Snoop

Season 1

da poleeece

You speak of Spiros Vondas, which isn't his name.

absolutely basedaf character, he tried to save frank, nick, and zig's life. i really like paul ben victor too.

Omar BTFOing the Maury meme

youtube.com/watch?v=oYj7q_by_2E

Butchie

idk

Zombie Master or Wee Bey?

Wee Bey best sicario.

>Who's best character?
Bubs
>Which is best season?
Season 1. 3 was okay but the rest were kind of shit. Couldn't even sit through the HD rerelease of those.
None of it really. Just HBO delivering their edge and white people buying it as authentic.

>Frank Sobotka

>Season 2

>The Police

Season 2 was the best since it had the least dindus

>I'm in control here!
>tell me about the mayor, why does he wear the condom
>I'm a big guy for you

Based. The idea that he had to defend the portrayal is ridiculous though, I can only imagine the backlash if the writer wasn't also Jewish.

this

mcnutty was the worst character though

The other negative Jewish portrayal was of the chief newspaper editor. The writers went out of their way to make him extra jewy

> Omar

> Season 3

> Black neighborhoods

Season 2 shows that the show is about the city of Baltimore than just the ghettos. People don't get that.

I wonder whether politicians swear that much in real life
I know, that's a silly thought, but still