Bout to marathon this. How does it compare to other Miyazaki movies?

Bout to marathon this. How does it compare to other Miyazaki movies?
(mainly watching it because of Emily Blunts voice tbqhwyf)

>marathon one movie
>dub
What the hell is wrong with you

>muh original foriegn voices

>I'm American and can't read fast enough for subtitles

it was good but damn there is a ton of smoking in this children's film.

every other scene is smoking until an ashtray is full or "go buy me a pack of cigs"

To be fair the Japanese voice acting in most Ghibli movies is fucking awful. I don't know if it's a language barrier thing or they just have a much lower standard for VAs in nip, but the English dubs are nearly always better.

I liked the scene where he killed millions

I could see watching a dub of something like Nausica or Castle in the Sky, but why TWR?

It is about a nip, and takes place over there. This is a case where you should be watching subtitles.

It's Miyazaki's best film.

>thinks reading during a movie somehow makes him smart
>implying japanese voice acting isnt the worst noise in cinema
>implying subtitles dont deminish the experience of this visual medium
weweeb

>still no shop with bane and "the fire rises"
Neo/tv/ is truly shit

The English dub is actually quite bad. The German one is gold.

It's good. It's sort of subtle, not really as intense as his other movies and pretty underrated.

bane posting IS "neo/tv/" you fucking cancerous shit. now watch as you meme in defence

>underrated
understated*

>implying I said anything about the correlation of reading subtitles and intelligence

I just said Americans have trouble with it.

>implying subtitles dont deminish the experience of this visual medium
How do you watch French, German, Italian, Nordic, Korean, etc. films?

Oh wait, all capeshit is in English, nvm.

It's fucking boring and the English dub is terrible.

Not his best, but better than Kiki, Porco Rosso or Nausicaa. Marnie was a better farewell from a living legend.

Visually appealing in typical fashion. It's kind of slow compared to the other movies, though.

>he fell for the watching dubbed movies is alright meme

Pretty big Miyazaki fan and I gotta say.. It was incredibly boring and I left the theater very disappointed. Maybe I should watch it to see if I'll appreciate it more the second time around.

>marathoning a movie
Wut. Regardless I thought the dub was quite good compared to the sub, but that's mainly because Anno can't act for shit but I assume he was cast because Miyazaki and him are very close friends and he probably wanted Anno to be in his last production since he was in his first major film (Nausicaa).

>everyone who disagrees with my autism is an american who watches capeshit
XD

Asian languages sound fucking terrible

Could it be because they choose rookie or even no name actors instead of professional voice actors to give off a more "natural" and "genuine" feel? Some Japanese studios tend to do that for the voice acting.

>to give off a more "natural" and "genuine" feel
you mean its cheaper? oh it shows

How can you marathon a single movie? Are you underage, or retarded?

I find german and french more jarring, yet I still watch german and french films with original audio.

its a meme you dip (^__^)

Some honestly think it feels more natural. Personally, I think it's bullshit. Sounding natural is the mark of a talented actor.

No its not you dumbfuck. You marathon a series of films or a tv show, not a single movie.

lol what a dip XD

So you're not pretending to be retarded. You are actually retarded.

>anything is better than porco rosso
You need to reevaluate some things, I'll give mononoke a pass at being as good

>being this much of a dip
ayyyy wew lmao lad

Ha. Queer.

His best since the 80s and don't watch dubs you fucking American

>porco rosso
>that hidden beach
Comfy as fuck

The fact that you correlate being able to read while watching a film as some sort of brag about being smart says more about you than that user.

Not even close. 3rd maybe, though debatable.

1. Totoro
2. Kiki
3. Wind Rises
4. Spirited Away
5. Porco Rosso

But really Miyazaki's catalogue is extraordinary so I don't actually expect anyone to agree with me, I can just as easily understand a completely different list.

>implying he wasnt acting superior for reading fucking subtitles
>implying youre not him
>implying youre not still upset after all this time
roasted

It's literally a matter of taste in Miyazaki's case, his work has been so great I can see every one of his films being considered the best. Except Kiki.

1) Spirited Away
2) Mononoke
3) Castle in the Sky
4) Totoro
5) Howl's Moving Castle
6) Nausicaa
7) Porco Rosso
8) Ponyo
9) Cagliostro
10) Kiki

>not posting the proper version

Damn that baby's going to grow up to be a genius

actually shes dead

>be amazing pilot
>save women from pirates
>take them back to your comfy hidden beach in the middle of nowhere

they won't be able to resist you

If the movie takes place in Japan I watch it with jap vo. If the movie isnt I go for whichever is better quality wise. Howl's moving castle for example is better in english, though not amazing, the japanese one really pales in comparison.

>To be fair the Japanese voice acting in most Ghibli movies is fucking awful.

Absolute total shit by the way.

Miyazaki said in the documentary of this film btw.

You've still got it, Cred Forums.

He took it amazingly well although I can't believe he didn't feel cheated.

It was one of those movies that has promise, but just does nothing. Okay, cool, some autist made planes and fell in love. Is he going to feel guilty about designing bomber planes? Will we see the planes in use, so we can compare his admirable passion to the absolute havoc his planes caused? Nope.

Princess Kaguya was vastly superior.

Maybe after WW1 and all the killing he did he felt he deserved it.

Too deep for you, apparently.

can I just ask, does being a dubfag make you autistic?
hear me out.
Most normal people can read subs so effortlessly that they don't feel like they're even reading.
They mentally hear english dialog in the foreign voices and need to look away from the screen to remember that "oh yeah this isn't english I can't understand the audio anymore".
But people who don't like subs seem to lack this ability.
They seem to be very conscious that they're reading the entire time, because they keep saying it distracts from the visuals.
So I'm curious whether this could be a symptom of their undiagnosed autism.
I mean it makes sense, autistic people often lack social and linguistic skills so it stands to reason why they couldn't just inject words into foreign audio like regular people.

Just a question.