Can we talk about the purge for a moment?

Can we talk about the purge for a moment?

Please reaffirm that my friends are idiots and I am correct.

Basically I believe you can not trust anyone (besides your close family). He thinks you could get into gangs and go out and your gang would just all stay friends and not turn on eachother, and shit like that.

Or that if you pay people to protect you or if companies/banks pay people to protect them and their money that those people wouldn't turn around and kill eachother/them then take the money themselves.

Or the best one, is in the 3rd movie they see no reason why the "garbage men" people would get killed that collect the bodies. They're like "Why would they get killed? They're doing a service for everyone" Like they literally cannot comprehend that you don't NEED a reason to NOT kill someone. One of them even suggested that if people started killing the garbage men, that nobody would collect the bodies after the purge, like they would just leave corpses all over the country.

Another idea I thought of was what's to stop the bankers just stealing all your money or foreclosing on your home on the purge night? They said "well then nobody would use that bank anymore" Like why the fuck would the banker care? He just got billions and billions of dollars, he doesn't NEED to run a bank anymore.

Yeah, the second and third movies pretty much prove him right. People work together during the Purge all the time.

The dumbest concept about these movies that I realized during watching the third...is that the Purge is actually a great thing. If we accept concept on its face, and believe everything the film tells us; then the Purge actually decreases violence in America. One ANY other night of the year you can walk down the most violent, poorest neighborhood and not have to worry about getting robbed and murdered. You can leave your cars and houses unlocked year round. Crime literally does not exist.

Except for that scene where the schoolgirls try to steal candy from the shop owner. This is my opinion ruins the series. If people are still committing crimes on non-purge days, then the entire concept is retarded. But if murder is seriously eliminated on all but ONE DAY of the year, which you have all the time in the world to prepare for, then I don't see the problem. The "liberal" politician in the third film is in the wrong in opposing the Purge, and it annoys me that no one on the other side of the argument was rational. They are all portrayed as rich, psychopathic asshole or religious nutjobs.

not-hillary had a security team, and the head even mentioned he didn't like her going out to the crowd and they moved to better places. Crime still happens and the purge night is a fucking stupid idea.

youre friends may be retarded.

Shit franchise ruined by pandering via a political soapbox to say how evil capitalism/rich people are. Nearly every rich person is a total psychopath or conservative. Nearly every poor person is a good dindu nuffin or someone just doing a job for a rich psychopath to make ends meet but otherwise is a good dindu nuffin.

I can't enjoy movies that are made on premises that would actually work in terms of bringing the population to manageable levels, getting rid of food shortages, helping the environment and creating a mostly violent crime free society except for one day. They are basically pitching an amazing idea that could work and then saying "nope it won't work because rich people are evil and will always ruin society until we bring them all down and share their money with everyone"

why is there still a police force then?

Basically, the purge movies are fucking retarded and only the worst stereotypes of each race like the movies (Niggers, trailer trash, vatos, rice farmers, etc).

The concept is stupid and poorly executed. Any dialogue the movie opens up is shallow and repetitive and usually amounts to "like seriously bro, what would you do if the purge were real?"

>the guy hotwires a car in the 3rd one
>cars still use keys in a society of no crime

>day of lawlessness
>Americans go on a killing spree

Anywhere else people would do a bunch of drugs, smash some cop cars and have an orgy in the streets.

America has a mental health problem. These kinds of movies are practically a cry for help.

Little things like that fall through the massive gaping grand canyon sized holes when the only purpose of the movie is to push some narrative. God forbid they put effort into fleshing out the world in a realistic way that would be logical. God forbid there is any moral gray areas like real life.

Well then yeah, the entire concept doesn't work then.

This is another problem I have with the movie. I firmly believe most of the crimes committed on a day like that would be sexually charged, not murder. The movie says "all crimes including murder are legal" but portrays "no crimes but murder are legal"

All the oneitis's would get a good dicking that day

>people missing the point that the purge is about population control so the species doesn't go extinct
>naturally those offering the least to society are killed off
The purge is justified even if the movie itself tries to say it's bad. Unless you think protecting millions of people today justifies destroying a planet with millions of species and billions of life forms.

I'd rather the planet be sustainable until the day it blows up rather than become a barren wasteland to protect and support some "disenfranchised" and "under privileged" people.

This isn't some brilliant realization, it's the stated motivation of the villians in the film. The problem is, it's isn't only "disenfranchised" or "underprivileged" people being murdered. It seems to be everyone but the rich. The suburbs are purged. The inner-cities are purged. Wealthy districts are purged.

>It seems to be everyone but the rich.

No shit you dumb cock sucker. We're not missing the point, we're pointing out an intrinsic flaw in the concept. They want it to be about population control so they force everyone in the movie to be either murderers or prey. There are other crimes to commit that most of the population would go to instead of murder realistically.

For the sake of making their movie name sense the purge should be a day about human hunting specifically. Throw in a contest, maybe a bounty for every person killed. That little change makes it all make more sense, now everyone has a reason to be a killer. People have a reason to be scared. Fuck me for wanting a little effort from movie makers though, right?

this is what would really happen if some INANE government thought this was a good idea:

All the Generals, soldiers, and such who have wives and kids vulnerable to this bullshit would form a just coup. The end.

The international court would even call them heroes.

The Purge as a whole is retarded. Its fans are idiotic 14 year old anarchists. Most of the script for the films sound like it was written by a 14 year old, too. Anyone with common sense knows the concept in real life would never work. It's not even a good idea in theory. Without a doubt the worst horror franchise to ever exist.

>Another idea I thought of was what's to stop the bankers just stealing all your money or foreclosing on your home on the purge night?
Yeah, then he's going to get raped and tortured to death in the next Purge by all the hundreds of thousands of people he stole from. Great idea.

The purge is an American thing only. He would just leave the country.

The fuck are you on? It would work. It would be good for the economy because all the dindus could kill each other instead, and it's good for population control. How about you read the thread retard

You'd be the first one to die, fatty.

>what's to stop the bankers just stealing all your money or foreclosing on your home on the purge night?
Just withdrawal all your money from your account before the purge starts? As for the foreclosure, they won't be able to foreclose shit in 12 hours especially if your house has a security system and is barricaded, plus you could shoot them if they try.

I don't live in a dindu area. Or mexico. I think I'm fine

Just because a bunch of stupid faggots say "YES IT WOULD WORK LALALALALA" while ignoring all the reasons why it wouldn't doesn't mean it would work.

The premise of those films is fucking retarded and has nothing to do with actual criminology. It boggles me, how many people think the premise is somewhat "interesting".

And just because a bunch of stupid faggots like you say it won't without even explaining why, doesn't mean it won't. Explain why it wouldn't work, you retard.

>just withdraw all your money
What could possibly go wrong

>foreclosure
They don't need to physically do it, just do all the paperwork to make it official

you know, you should probably go back to that one site.

I haven't watched the movie, but the point of the purge is that that everything criminal is legal one day once a year right? And this makes it so that crimes goes down as everyone will just wait to commit crimes on that one single day?

Pretty much
I imagine it would lower a lot of stuff, such as bullying in school or at work, or talking shit in general, simply because the person that you really pissed off could legally kill you in that one day.

>killing off your tax base on purpose because dude overpopulation lmoa

Yes, but the movie only revolves around lunatics and psychos that want to kill just for fun, which makes up around 0,003% of the crimes in real life. Don't bother asking why people would stop stealing shit. Think about what would you do on a purge day, dude.

>What could possibly go wrong
Yes, what's the problem?

>They don't need to physically do it, just do all the paperwork to make it official
It's the purge, you moron. The legal system doesn't work, paperwork can't be official because there's no court there to approve them. Without the court, they can't foreclose shit unless they do it physically themselves.

Isn't there still laws active that prohibits any kind looting?

I thought the purge was primarily for people related crimes.

>Yes, what's the problem?
It's not a problem if one person does it but once people realized it was a good idea it would become a problem. Banks don't actually have enough money to pay everyone all at once. If people started withdrawing all their savings once a year the financial system would be fucked.

I was referring more to REGULAR HOUSES BEING FILLED WITH MONEY on PURGE NIGHT

But it doesn't really make sense how that would lower the crime rate. I mean, if your neighbor comes over and kills your kid during the purge, would you just be like 'oh, no worry it was legal so we're fine' to him the next day? Or would you go and murder him the moment you saw him walk around like nothing?

If anything the purge would just create more hate and resentment, and therefore also more crime, as people would want to take revenge on those that hurt them during the purge. The purge makes those people that usually wouldn't do anything criminal into doing it.

Is Election Year out on bluray yet?

Yes, your friends are retards, you are as well however.

Who said the money needs to be in the houses? You could transfer it to a bank in another country, send it to an overseas relative, bury it somewhere, etc. Besides, you shouldn't have to worry about it if your house is secured. If purgers want money, they'd rob a bank or something instead and won't waste their time trying to break into a random house on the off chance that it's full of money, robbing a bank is much more efficient.