Good. Should've used him for TFA too

Good. Should've used him for TFA too.

>it's a prequel/simultaneous timeline as the original
>the technology/weapons/suits/gear is better

Most of the damn time.

Desplat probably hadn't recorded anything yet anyhow. His connection to the film was always tentative - he's Edwards' go-to composer, but last I knew it wasn't firm that he'd do it, so that Giacchino is doing it isn't surprising.

I could try to explain *why* that is, but you probably couldn't comprehend it because you're a slavish fanboy.

>I could try to explain *why* that is

Do it. I like to watch people squirm as they fail.

What a fag.

This just shows that the film is no longer Edwards, but Disney's

>an unnecessary star wars movie that tells a story that doesn't need to be told

But that's only bad when Lucas does it. It's fine when Disney does it

You could argue that episode 3 was necessary.
The other two not so much.

i wish someone close to the production would anonymously leak what's really happening with this movie. fucking disney has star wars locked u like fort knox

So basically it's confirmed that this movie isn't even really a "real movie", right? Like, the director was apparently never all that important in the first place, and all the creative decisions were made by a group of Disney executives? So they just keep reshooting it and scrambling everything around because it doesn't matter because there wasn't any creative vision in the first place?

Welcome to Disney Wars.

How does it feel to know that every star wars movie churned out by Disney will be forgotten within a month after release.

I actually dig the concept of "Star Wars Story" films.

Get mad about having a SW movie every year, but full-on movies in the Star Wars universe that don't have to deal with Skywalker bullshit is fine by me. Bitch and moan, shitpost....I like it.

have you ever watched a disney sequel before?

Just why... Why can't they even bother ironing this dude's cape? Not in the show and not even there on stage.

What are those retards? Even a greasy fatass cook manages to keep his chef jacket straight and smooth.

>Why can't they even bother ironing this dude's cape?
Thank god I'm not a fagget like you.

It looks fine in the trailers, this is a stage show. They probably unpacked it from luggage 20 minutes before he went on stage.

Do you think they have a laundry mat backstage for emergency ironings?

Can you guys bring me up to speed

Who is Edwards?

Gareth Edwards directed Monsters (2010) and Godzilla (2014).

I loved both films by the way

Haven't seen monsters but Godzilla was lackluster probably because of studio meddling

Anyone involved with the star wars franchise at this point is a studio whipping boy

Am I the only person who is simply not interested in this production at all?

Nah, you're not alone. It's a pointless production.

>but full-on movies in the Star Wars universe that don't have to deal with Skywalker bullshit is fine by me

Yet you've got yet another movie about the Death Star.

It's Sucide Squad all over again. The studio hires a young promising director who has had the chance to show off their style, and then comes in last minute to "reshoot", ultimately changing everything making us wonder why they even decided to hire a director with a personal vision in the first place

He rebels.

That thumbnail looks like a dick. No homo.

So you can use that directors' name to advertise the movie's existence.

>disney takes beloved fairy tales, makes one movie that both waters down the story and also makes it more acceptable for a wider audience
>universally beloved when it comes out, usually heralded as a refereshing take on children's classic
>sequels are straight to dvd, bargain bin bullshit

Star Wars is dead.

>It looks fine in the trailers,
No, it doesn't. That's the point.

What? You retards are looking forward to this?

Oh, well.

Fuck

Giacchino's better than most of the trash scoring hollywood gigs but Desplat is much more talented.

OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE THE DEATH STAR CAME OUT OF PADME'S VAGINA.

Edwards is a hack.
Did anyone see Godzilla? I can't figure out why Disney gave him the movie in the first place.
They should re shoot the whole movie with a new director.

>Godzilla 2014

Anno's Godzilla shits all over it.

>americans in charge of kino

>Based Giacchino is now composing a Star Wars film
>This is considered a bad thing

Godzilla is a well-directed movie user. Its problem is a terrible script.

>literally using a fucking linen bed sheet as a cloak, how fucking low budget are they going for the costume here, i clearly see how shitty the material is.

poor man's john williams the same way abrams is poor man's spielberg

desplat's score for grand budapest was great. would've been nice if we got that for rogue one but nope, gotta keep shit safe for the general audiences, hence giacchino.

>tfw people talk more about the random picture instead of the topic of the thread

same goes for prometheus. and guess what, they're both shit films

To be fair, 6 movies and an entire empire were the vision of one man. One sequel and it's a corporate ploy by a faceless corporation

prometheus is great

Giacchino is a hans zimmer tier hack.

Good

But.....it is.

it never was edwards'

disney is doing to starwars what it did to marvel

is anyone else worried that the villain has a speech impediment?

I never visit /out/ except today randomly and that exact picture was posted there. Wow.

Can you explain? The best I could come up with is that the galaxy entered a sort of "dark age" after the devastation of the Clone Wars (like the Byzantines after the Persian and Arab Wars), causing technology to regress between Episode III and Episode IV.

/out/ is a fucking trash board if there ever was one, even worse than this board

Seriously, out of all the possible original stories for a star wars spin-off, you choose to do one about the fucking death star again. Half of the star wars movies are going to be about super weapons now.

I like Giachinno so I'm fine with this, even if his stuff all sounds kind of samey