We're only pretending to like these movies ironically right? Like...

We're only pretending to like these movies ironically right? Like, no one here is actually deluded enough to think this is what filmmaking should be, right? Like, we're all in on the joke and realize that these movies all look like different episodes of the same CW tier television show, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JrTC2Gtt_Uc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one pretends to like Marvel movies on Cred Forums, everyone pretends not to. What even is the point of this thread?

Marvel is garbage.

>NO ONE ON Cred Forums LIKES MARVEL!
>Literally first post is in defense of Marvel

I know a lot of people from uni who think these are legitimately good movies. It's the kind of people who don't really care about film as a medium. All that matters is "canon" and being "faithful" to the source material.

I'm not defending Marvel. Clearly this temper tantrum combined with your lack of reading comprehension has rendered this thread pointless. Mods, close it up.

>We're
>we

fuck off, Venom

Whose your favorite Marvel hero, Marvel broobruhs? Mine's Anthony 'Mackers (as he's known by his broobruhs)' Mackie, AKA Captain Falcon.

How do we know it's not the same 5 DCucks posting over and over again? DC fans are more vocal because they desperately want to convince everyone that their movies are not trash, when in fact they are. Everybody loves Marvel.

MARVEL fans know their movies are awesome, but are not afraid to point out the flaws of their films. In contrast, DC fanboys will close their ears and pretend everything is perfect.

How can a studio that makes Kino like guardians of the galaxy and ant man make utter shit like this and thor and civil war and the iron man sequels

kill yourself we faggot

Those same stupid fucks wouldn't know the source material if you smacked them in the face with it.

They are different types of movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man are a space opera and heist film featuring lesser known, D-list superheroes.

The Avengers are a tentpool, massive blockbuster action movie featuring the biggest heroes Marvel has to offer. And Hawkeye.

>mcucks are this deluded
>still triggered Skwad BTFO GotG

They're great, do an amazing job of endearing you to the characters through the performances and dialog, and the scripting is almost always tight enough to keep the pacing engaging. You just don't like them because they're so popular and you need something to pretend you're cool.

No, you're over there being a pretentious fuck and we're over here enjoying the golden age of cape-kino.

/thread

/samefag

/DCuck

Cred Forums unironically likes Stranger Things, though it is very popular show. But Marvel really turned shit. They had few good movies, but now it all went full disney. So shut up, cuck.

/nope. Just hate Marvel """""""""movies.""""""""""

They're decent fun, whassamattawiyou?

Blind Lawyer Ninja Man.

They look like garbage, they're boring and repetitive and they make two, soon to be three, of them every year, yet they won't die.

>Right, right, right?

Learn a new dent structure, bub.

Also, have fun picking sides in a "war" between comic book companies.

Stranger Things is very popular now, but hasn't been for nearly a decade. If it was, Cred Forums would hate it.

>yet they won't die
Because they're fun and people like them enough to go see them. I certainly do.

Nope. Just hate Marvel movies.

And you are the cancer that is killing the movie industry.

They're the only action blockbuster/popcorn movies that come out anymore that aren't insultingly and laughably bad.

>that is killing the movie industry
But I give them money, that's just blatantly wrong.

No, when the children grow up and start looking awkward and lanky Cred Forums will hate it.

Black Panther was pretty swell

objectively false.

>MARVEL fans know their movies are awesome

They sound delusional just as the DC fans.

You give them money to make bad movies. Quit it.

Nah nigga.
Faggots like you who pretend to have an inflated taste in movies who participate in and create these threads that trash CHILDRENS movies are what's killing the movie industry.
Everyone knows that they're formulaic, cookie cutter children's movies yet it's dumbasses like you who hold it to a higher standard and say shit like "WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE IT?".

But they're not bad movies, so I'll just keep giving them that money.
If it makes you feel any better I won't go see Homecoming because of the niggress MJ.

It's not marvel movies they pretend to like, OP

This board keeps on meming that bvs, which ever cut doesn't matter, is the greatest cinematic achievement since the invention of the film camera, when it's aty the greatest failure

> create these threads that trash CHILDRENS movies are what's killing the movie industry.

Civil War made over a billion dollars. I saw that shit opening Weekend at 7 pm on a Friday and saw MAYBE 10 children in a theater that sat 200. If these movies are made exclusively for children, somebody should tell that to the millions upon millions of grown ups who keep seeing them. Until then, I'm content to call them out for being hack garbage.

You're trapped in the captivity of your own negativity.

Capeshit basically is for manchildren. Only capeshit I ever saw were the Raimi Spider-Man movies and the first two X-men movies and that was back then when they were first released. A month ago couple of friends decided to put on CW. I found it confusing as to why grown men could ever find this entertaining.

The movie industry will die because of capeshit. Just look at the line ups.

The movies are not all that different from 80's action flicks. Same type of mindless violence and explosions, same type of one-liners. I loved Ahnold and Stallone, I love MCU.

You sound like a mid-90s PSA made to appeal to inner-city children using hip-hop themed cartoon animals. Something like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=JrTC2Gtt_Uc

I was trying to go for a Prison Break reference but I may have remembered it wrong.

It's a heavily sanitized version of that. More 'Jingle All The Way" than "Total Recall".

Capeshit is for everyone. It's made to appeal to every known profitable demographic it can possibly reach. If you think it's only made for one niche audience, you both don't leave the house very often, and know nothing about film consumerism.

Gotcha. I appreciate the effort.

the better question is why does an uneducated faggot like you think you know how films "should be" made? literally no better than modern liberals. did the capeshit trigger you user?

Well you have a point. Nothing at all liberal about the MCU. Disney is known for being hardline alt-right, am I rite, boyz?

capeshit movies are fucking trash
but the x-men movies, some of them have been ok
they aren't capeshit right?

jesus christ, are you retarded? your post has literally nothing to do with the post you responded to. get your head out of your ass faggot.

Can I hump your belly? I won't cum.

You can enjoy a 5 star dinner and a McDonalds burger. It's not one or the other.

Until the steakhouses start trying to emulate McDonald's success by putting their own spin on the Big Mac until all you are able to eat is dry processed meat swimming in Thousand Island Dressing or Korean horror movies.

The final act of Civil War is unironically good.

Not really.

>LE CAPESHIT SUCKS GUIZ AMIRITE XDDD

you are a dime a dozen, fag

Why does hating/notliking Marvel immediately turn me into a DCuck?

>X-Men thread
>Everyone acting like it's a masterpiece because critics hated it

>Civil War thread
>Everyone acts like it's horrible because critics love it

Because only someone who is so painfully deluded that they think Zack 'the hack makes movies so wack his Momma turned black' Snyder makes acceptable cinématic ouvre would question if Avengers was a good movie.

I have seen every single X-Men movie in the theater no less and I can honestly and definitively say that the only ones that are truly any good are the first two.

this board is disgusting

those jawlines
those cheekbones
those lean muscular bodies

how can white men even compete?

Is Africa home to the remaining members of the endangered species of alpha males? What is the evolutionary advantage that keeps the nu-male population on the rise?

>the blatant shilling ITT

Holy fuck, Civil War was shit and not much better than BvS, also all Marvel flicks are the same and critics are bought up or heavily biased at least to the point most people don't trust them anymore

Just accept this facts as the objective truth they represent and move on with your neckbeard lives

>differentiating between marvel from all capeshit
give me a fucking break. it's all crap, it's all the same shit

They're fun 'go see it once in the theater with your more Chad/Stacy like friends', it's simple enough that they can follow and most of them can at least generate a fair amount of smirks out of me. But yeah, I rewatched (or tried to) some of them lately and I just couldn't get through it. They're definitely completely expended once you've seen them one time through, nothing more to glean or learn or take from it.
Meanwhile, my initial reaction to Man of Steel was lukewarm but on each subsequent viewing I've become more and more enamoured by it. I'll still never think the last 20% of it was good once they start fighting in metropolis, but the other 80% is actually a really, really interesting take on the premise.
BvS will never be good though, nothing will change that

MoS just keeps getting better every time I watch it.

I think it's probably the best cape movie to date.

BvS is up and down for me though. I really liked it but didn't love it the first time I saw it.

I then I liked it even more it the second time I saw it. But then I saw the UE and I didn't like that much at all. Then I watched the theatrical cut again and it's merely ok..

>BvS is up and down for me though. I really liked it but didn't love it the first time I saw it.

It really depends on how you feel. The first time I saw it I was really tired and I hated it. Then I saw it when I was rested and a little bit drunk and I loved it. Now I'm not really sure

The average normie doesn't care about marvel vs DC. Heck, they don't even know there's a difference.
I watched suicide squad with my girlfriend, and after the movie I made a comment about batman not helping them save the city. And she said iron-man, Thor and the other Avengers didn't help either.

As for this board, it used to be that all capeshit was hated here, but newfags came in and started spreading the myth of capekino

>Suicide Watch has action figures, not characters. Diablo is the only character with any substance.
>Suicide Watch had famous actors, like Will Smith who plays the same character every movie.
>Based Guardians has actual characters with depth and makes more money with a cast of literal who.
>Drax, who is played by a wrestler gives his character more depth than Will Smith did with his character.

Is there a part of some of you cocksuckers on Cred Forums here that think it's uncool to like these comfy superhero movies? Pretty sad

Or someone who likes their entertainment actually well-made