The newsroom was a fucking great tv show, almost as good as the West Wing. Despite liberal bias...

The newsroom was a fucking great tv show, almost as good as the West Wing. Despite liberal bias. And Jeff Daniels was fucking awesome. Now FITE ME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NwnUeIIqABo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree, in fact I like it more than The West Wing or any of Aaron Sorkin's other shows. The typical Sorkin preachiness is as eye-rollingly stupid as always but if you can look past that it's pretty great

Is this that show with the meme that gets posted over and over again of Daniels saying America sucks dick?

I saw the first scene speech years ago and I thought it was awesome.
Does the show have more moments like this?

>I'm a registered Republican
>This gives me carte blanche to only mock Republicans

it was all snappy dialogue, zero substance
but i still liked it

Sorkin is garbage. His smug, self satisfied dialogue is unbearable.

The first season really was great, everything else was terrible

yes, because Murica sucks dicks

Liberals can't decide whether America was already great or whether it sucks dicks.

>almost as good as the West Wing
'no'

I loved the first season, went downhill from there. Apparently they were having a lot of writing staff changes while also making up their own stories rather than just going of off historically accurate news quotes.

He has quite a few good monologues.

i'm a liberal and this is the worst tv show i've ever seen.

I love it, and I'm in love with Allison Pill's big giant head. I can't seem to get into West Wing though, someone say something to make me like it since I have all of it downloaded anyway

this. anyone who likes it has shit taste

PLEASE RESPOND
it's a lot of Gigabytes

he used to be a registered Republican, who knows when. He doesn't disclose his political affiliations any more.

Sorkin is a fucking hack

youtube.com/watch?v=NwnUeIIqABo

>if you can look past what the show is literally built around and exists only to service, the show is pretty great

... did this just pop up on netflix or something?

Dropped it at the Bin Laden episode.

Hindsight preaching and nauseating sentimentalism did me in.

West Wing is a good show, but not what I would call essential viewing. Just watch The American President instead, it's the basis for the The West Wing and is not only better, but it's a 2 hour movie as opposed to a 156-episode series.

He was mostly mocking the tea party, which is, was, and always will be a gigantic joke.

Sadly that joke has been mitigated somewhat by rolling it all together into "alt-right."

>if you can look past what the show is literally built around and exists only to service, the show is pretty great
talk about overreaching

I may hate Sorkin's politics but I love his style of modernized screwball comedy, a genre I'm a huge fan of. I'm willing to look past his agendas in order to be entertained, but I suppose not everyone is capable of that

this

The problem with trying to take that high road here is literally everything about the show was built to service sorkin's agendas. Even the "screwball" comedy you're pretending was there.

olivia munn, who is the most terrible person, ended up being the GOAT character

The first speech of the first episode was great.

But then the show spends the rest of it's run pretending it didn't happen, because the writers lacked the ability to write something compelling built around "a journalist who is honest."

I loved her Bloomberg terminal episode. She also had autism which probably explains your reaction.

That's the difference between America and yer ma.

Larger image size here

Anyways, I found Newsroom pretty cringey.

>The problem with trying to take that high road here is literally everything about the show was built to service sorkin's agendas.
And yet it's entertaining in spite of that, so I can't say I give a shit

>Even the "screwball" comedy you're pretending was there.
I'm not pretending you faggot, the characters, relationships and dialogue are classic screwball comedy material. If you knew anything about the genre this would be patently obvious, it's a staple of Sorkin's work

If you didn't get it, the point wasn't that "conservatives are dumb haha" but that the Republican Party had diverged from its roots and gotten into some loony territory, which is still true. At that point, however, the asylum of the left was only just beginning to be overtly taken over by its resident lunatics, so it could still provide a reasonable foil to the idiocy of the lay supporters of the Koch brothers— I mean the Tea Party.
Anybody can see that at their roots, both parties have admirable qualities. I believe the basest form of republicanism is more correct than the basest form of democratism, but both have become circuses in USA.
Ironically, Trump is less of a clown than many politicians right now, and one of the reasons for that is that he doesn't abide the "speak no evil" policies that Washington has been trying to implement for years, on both sides of the aisle.

Anyone else get a stiffy over constance zimmer in a swimsuit in season 2?