I fucking despise the new expectation that SP fucking must deliver some insightful commentary or not...

I fucking despise the new expectation that SP fucking must deliver some insightful commentary or not. That's why SP is so goddamn shit nowadays. Just no episode without all this contrived bullfuck drama and anymore. Everything HAS to somehow relate to what is currently hot shit in the news. No more episodes where the boys just fuck around.

Fuck SP and anyone who enables it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKXwH2Ve6NU
youtube.com/watch?v=wXF8MIG_HQI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>t. 18 year old who doesn't know SP has been like that for a long time

I'm 28 I can assure you I saw the pilot episode of south park while you were still in kindergarten

>new

kek

This
I miss the stupid fart jokes and middle school humor
Why can't we laugh at poo poo pee pee again? Why must they try and make thoughtful but funny commentary on our society?
Make SP stupid again

The show is literally over two decades old, it had to evolve in some way or it would have gone off the air long ago

It's avoided zombie-Simpson status admirably. It ain't perfect and yeah the golden years are past but it's still plenty funny even without all the 'message' context

>thoughtful
Let's not go that far.

This show jumped the shark like five years ago.

I just miss the episodes where they did kid stuff, they were some of the best episodes

like the Junior Detectives one, The Lord of the Rings one and when they made a Kids News Channel

You mean like the one where they play Ninjas and everyone thinks they're ISIS?

>member old south park?

might as well give us a few satirical lels than put out episodes that feel like old ones but arent as good

>new expectation that SP fucking must deliver some insightful commentary or not
>new expectation

So back to season 4 or so?

>member when south park was good

You hate the show, because it makes fun of you, retard. Go watch some cartoon if you want kids having funny adventures, SP was never about that.

they already addressed this six fucking years ago in the tale of scrotie mcboogerballs
People will look for and see stuff they wanted to see in shit.

They have ran out of ideas, the show has been around a long time.

Being social commentary is the only thing keeping it going. And for people who are into pop culture, im sure some people enjoy it. I mean SOMEBODY still watches it right?

Im not sure they can really do much else without rehashing stuff they have already done

CC will literally die if SP is kill
>I mean Mr. Hanky gets paid more than me

Not quite they still have tosh. I agree tho after daily show and colbert report left sp and tosh are all that's keepibg cc afloat

I agree, its very annoying that every episode is just repeating current news

I think its been in zombie mode since season 10

I see you are going to vote for the turd

DUDE BOTH CANIDATES FUCKING SUCK. BUT LIKE, TRUMP LITERALLY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HES DOING LMAO

DUDE PEOPLE CARE ABOUT ABOUT KNEELING THAN THE ACTUAL GAME. #WTF

ENOUGH REMAKES!!! lmao

ahahah BRILLIANT and sharp social commetary

The jew will be excused because they'll say his "memberberry" wine made him do it.

Here's a clue for you South Park followers. No matter how many times he is portrayed as a "white racist"; no matter how much he rips on jews, Cartman's actual behavior is jewish to the core. Anyone who understands the jewish mindset will readily recognize this. Whereas Kyle, "the jew" is always played up as a tower of righteousness, a pillar of virtue, and a champion of compassion and fair play (which, in reality, are all inherently "white" characteristics), Cartman repeatedly engages in thoughts and behaviors which are traditionally, and unmistakenly, those of the jew.

Cartman is, in fact, the quintessential jew... albeit wrapped up in a superficial layer of whiteness, in order to promote and perpetuate the "white racist" stereotype. Tell me this isn't done on purpose, and I'll tell you what a blind fucking moron you are.

One other aspect of the Cartman character is that he oftentimes accurately describes jews and individual/conspiratorial jewish behaviors, but these truths are expected to be disregarded by the viewing audience as false because of Cartman's many lies and acts of deception, which in themselves are historically the inherent traits of the jew, but projected on Cartman, again, because he is white.

How's that for social commentary?

This. It's such a easy show to make now.

>I know you better than you know yourself

thats why I'll watch an episode here and there. the only value in watching SP now a days IS a hyper sarcastic social commentary on current events tbhFam. the piss snow, catch phrases, etc got old 15 years ago

You could always, you know, stop watching it.

>2016

>New Simpsons episode
>Literally no one talks about or gives a shit about it

>New South Park episode
>Endless threads

South Park still has it

Quiet baba, the adults are talking.

Yeah I'm getting a bit tired of it.

They used to have episodes where they played pretend, hated playing baseball, were excited for the new game consoles, etc. And Matt and Trey have said a million times those ones where they're just doing kid stuff are their favourite.

I bet you're right. They were reminding Randy of how much better the USA was without all the Mexicans

"Remember when America used to be great?"

That is most likely the memory they are attempting to vilify.

Progressives' number one enemy is nostalgia.

youtube.com/watch?v=vKXwH2Ve6NU

>memba when hillary stood against gay marriage?

I think the "moral of the story" will either be that America was always shit, or that enforcing immigration laws won't do shit. I liked how they handled the Kaepernick thing. It seemed like they were ripping most on the media giving it so much attention, and the "For the national anthem, please stand... or kneel, or sit..." was funny.

I wouldn't call South Park either "progressive" or "red-pilled," it just seems to poke fun at all sides in amounts that get the most laughs. It gets a lot of stick because you need to be ready to laugh at yourself and your "side" to enjoy it, and fewer and fewer people are willing to do that now that political views are "hate speech" and are being suppressed by the media and by violence.

>believing that immigration is not the single biggest peacetime issue

>believing that it is

I didn't say what I think, only that it seems like that will be the overriding message of this season, if it has one.

The media will collectively shit itself if South Park unambiguously says unchecked immigration is currently destroying civilisation as we know it. Maybe they wouldn't even allow it on the air.

If you want to live in the third world, move there. Don't bring it here, we have nice things here.

It doesn't matter. The jews will be exonerated.

South Park has always been pro-jew.

One of it's creators is Jewish. Maybe that has something to do with it.

No shit, Shlomo.

Why else this:

And jews have always hated white people.

Please don't tell me you didn't already know this.

South Park has always been a meme. They can be fun with OTT jokes and toilette humor, but they're just shills for various groups. Trey and Matt peaked with Baseketball.

You talk like a fag and your shit sucks

Member mr hankey

They always did this, you didni't get it at the the time because you were just a kid, but back in the day it was mostly about religion and Barbara Streisand godzilla so don't say they never did nonsense before like how the member berries are, I hate faggots like you, all you're doing is just regurgitating shit Cred Forums is saying when it's not even true at all.

Member Scott Tenorman?
Member crab people?
Member Willzyx?
Member Butters future self?

>being this reddit

>too retarded to actually look up the image he's quoting
Sad!

Haven't watched South Park in a long time, just caught the premiere of season 20, since when did South Park actually have a story that arches across seasons rather than just being contained episodically?

Member Jakovisaur?

I dunno, I think last season was the first, although there were multi-episode arcs before that. And that one seems to have carried over into this one, so maybe this is South Park now.

Yeah I member Jakovisaur!
Member the brown note?

South Park back then was a show that looked stupid and juvenile on the surface, while still having things to say, and all the while being an interesting TV SHOW with an engaging universe not just a shallow soap box.

South Park now is a preachy show with too much pride to admit its not the authoritarian voice it pretends to be. It's two out of touch old men repeating the same mantras every week, look at how BOTH sides are stupid, haha!

If you think the show used to be less adult you're an idiot.

>It's two out of touch old men
I would argue they are too in touch.

But they're right, both sides are stupid. As a centrist I can laugh at everyone, but partisans always bitch about things that don't conform to their beliefs, that's why so many Trump supporters are mad at this episode, because they're so bias that they can't view anything objectively without the aura of their false dichotomy poisoning every individual thought.

This is bullshit and deep down you know it

No they're not. They still use "PC," which is a right wing pejorative from the 90's/00's. It's like an old guy using outdated slang to seem hip with kids.

That's the point retard. They're calling an old horse by its original name, reminding everyone that this shit has happened before and was all but instigated by the people that grew up to teach these moralist censorship cognitive displacement values to the current generation, with the reactionaries to that behaving in the same predictable manner as always.

FUCKING THIS

>tfw no more comfy simple episodes like Cat Orgy

feels bad

It's not effective when the current audience of the show is too young to even remember when "PC" was used seriously. The people who watched South Park back then seriously dropped off after around season 10.

What are people calling "politically correct" these days? I honestly can't think what equivalent term might have replaced it in the last 5 years and be recognised by a mainstream audience.

One of the strategies of the left is that they learned to stop labeling it. They just walk around and act like, with as much sincerity as they can muster, that their belief system is the embodiment of basic human decency and that there must be something wrong with you if you violate it.

The closest things I can think of are "social justice," "justice," "social progress," etc.

>current audience of the show is too young

You mean people that were in their late teens and early adulthood in the 90s when the show started, who are likely to share the creators generational sensibilities?
Yeah, totally too young.

They don't use "justice," that's what white men use to oppress black men, remember?

Yes, like myself. Viewership dropped off after a certain point. Most people didn't stay with the show from season 1 until the present. Anecdotally, the time I remember that all my peers stopped watching South Park was shortly after Chef left.

>member when the boys just fucked around?
kek

>muh anecdotal evidence
Also, you or your "friends" Scientologists?

Regardless, the audience they are still writing for is the one they've been targeting from the start. Younger generations who have latched on are likely to be as confounded by certain elements as with The Simpsons, but may grasp them later when they revisit older episode with higher cultural and historical knowledge.

fuck y'all last season was GOAT

>"social justice," "justice," "social progress,"
youtube.com/watch?v=wXF8MIG_HQI

Cultural Marxism at its finest.

And I resent your implication that the victims of their sjw macro-aggressions are supposed to walk on eggshells in order to avoid tripping their autistic triggers.

I made this post in an earlier thread today you fucking goon.

>implication that the victims of their sjw macro-aggressions are supposed to walk on eggshells
Where?

Not that user but it seems like you're inferring a lot that wasn't implied.

>wasn't implied

Correct. It was stated outright... explicitly.

Pretty much
There's a reason "zombie South Park" isn't a thing, although it definitely would be if the show didn't change.
I don't think the show is as good as it was, but I'm glad it doesn't really try to be

There was an episode about Kenny playing Magic: The Gathering. Real insightful, hard-hitting, relevant satire of today.

Again, where? I'm not seeing it.

>One of the strategies of the left is that they learned to stop labeling it.
this isn't a LEFT OR RIGHT issue bucko
it's redditors who think everyone outside their house acts like TumblrInAction and won't shut the fuck up about

>member when immigrants followed the law and weren't displacing the white population and Western culture
>member when brown people didn't expect to be treated as noble downtrodden socially conscious saints by virtue of their skin color
>member when this show was good
>member when there wasn't a terrorist attack every month
>member when people didn't immediately justify the terrorism and blame their racist/Islamophobic countrymen for their own deaths
>member when people didn't blindly accept everything new as good simply because it's new
>member when liberals defended the freedom of speech and open pursuit of knowledge instead of censoring everybody who disagrees with them
What the fuck is up with these memberberries? They're so bigoted

That's the thing, they've been progressively normalizing it in stages by setting up shop in every single institution of western society. Work, hobbies, education, news, and anything else you can think of. These people are definitely left of center because right now, leftism is the fastest way to mobilize people towards globalization; leftism masquerades as compassion and compassion gets you virtue points on social media, so they're self-incentivized.

Lol'd at your picrelated.

So fuckin true.

>member when women were in the kitchen
>member when there were jobs for everyone
>member when kids weren't all coming from single mothers
>member when the middle east was somewhat stable

Those are the very things that trigger lefty hate speech.

kek- not that dude, but she show premired in 97 so that would have made you a 3rd grader. I'm sure with your vastly superior intellect you were able to appreciate the show so much more with the sophisticated wisdom of a 9 year old.

Boogers and cum

Nigga the pilot (except if you mean Jesus/Santa/Snowman) was about crop circles and men in black, which were all over the news in 1997.
Episode 2 was about Volcano movies, and guess what?

You obviously weren't old enough then to catch that.

>crop circles
I mean alien abductions.

But who gives a shit, there will be other posts claiming that shit every fucking day for the rest of my life, because I have to suffer hispter faggots who pretend they get South Park.

I mean the episode still had some jew/gay bashing iirc, and some MUH VAGINA.

>member the Jar Jar Binks episode?
I remember it very well. What a shitshow.

>>member when there were jobs for everyone
No.

>Jesus/Santa/Snowman
Oh and about that, it was right around the time when the idea that Christmas was somehow offensive to non-Christians started and there was a whole thing about "what is Christmas really about".

>It's a US military or FBI gets involved episode

>crab people
Those episodes were about Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and Katrina, you retard.

That's silly.

Who would ever want a war on Christmas?

What are you even on about now?
Did you actually watch Santa vs Jesus?

I'm 30 and you're a nostalgia ridden faggot.

Yeah. Kenny was Cartman, right?

Agreed. South has been
>dude the two sides are actually BOTH friggin wrong lmao!!!!!!!
for way too long.

>A four assed monkey!
>rrghh

South Park doesn't have jokes like these anymore. That's why it's shit.

Those kinds of jokes ARE shit.

Yeah totally. That's why South Park is no longer popular and is just tedious political commentary. Because the old formula didn't work. Yup. Totally.

>South Park is no longer popular
:^)