Many DCucks believe the reason so many people hated BvS was because "2 deep 4 u"

Many DCucks believe the reason so many people hated BvS was because "2 deep 4 u"

So I'm going to humor you guys for a moment. Why did Snyder and WB make their capeshit movie about two cartoon characters punching each other so deep and complex that it turned off general audiences and stumped critics? The movie was supposed to have mass appeal and launch their cinematic universe into its next stage so this was pretty counterproductive of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/mel-gibson-batman-v-superman-1201853090/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> so this was pretty counterproductive of them.
BvS is a fuck you to normies who need Bond villain tier exposition and monologues to explain every little detail and casuals who believe there is a set on stone interpretation of the characters (when the truth is that their set in stone interpretations is just the one in which they grew with, nothing else).

Of course it wont make crazy money. I know why Snyder did it. he did it because he doesnt give a fuck. He is the perfect mixture of vengeful nerd and bullying Chad bringing despair to casuals and normies.

Frankly and I agree with you, I dont know why WB did it. From WB it was a very stupid move.

>MCUcks still obsessed about BvS
>doesnt remember the civil """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""war""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

It's more fun to shit on a bad movie than praise a good one.

Official non reddit ranking:
BvS > Apocalypse > Deadpool > CW

Reddit ranking:
Deadpool > CW > Apocalypse = BvS

>BvS is a fuck you to normies
To the OP's point, how is that good business?

remember to bring these fine dcucks vs mcucks discussions to /film/

comic book geeks weren't happy either, so who was it for?

gentlemen and scholars

it wasn't the movie that turned off the audiences but marvel anti marketing tactics and angry nerds who hated this movie's guts because "not muh batman" or whatever, and people mistaken their laments as legitimate backlash against the movie

bvs is not 2deep4you but certainly too deep for nerds who enjoy crap like the marvel movies.

having said that, fuck you

Read until the bottom fag.

I admit it was a bad move from Snyder.

Casual comic book geeks. The ones who believe Lex is or should be a suave bodybuilding bald billionaire instead of a red haired crazy scientist that steals banks because they grew up with that version.

who wouldn't be caught dead going to a superman/batman movie.

>WHY DO PEOPLE BOTHER WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AT ALL
>I LIKE MY CAPESHIT TO BE ONE DIMENSIONAL
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Real, not angst and meme driven ranking:

Apocalypse>Deadpool>BvS>CW

Bad move from WB* sry

Snyder just did what he wanted. And I applaud him for forcing his view on the view at the expense of marketers, executives and consumers.

>WHY DO PEOPLE BOTHER WITH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AT ALL
not WB hahahahah

>forcing his views
>ultimate cut was not theatrical version
are you a cuck? you sound like a cuck

How is civil war good? It was a boring meme quip fest with no consequences.

Hahahahahaha.
WB BTFO.
How will they ever recover?

A campy connoisseur. This is a correct opinion.

Apocalypse sucked

Indeed, but less so than the 3 other "works", hence the ranking position.

Frankly the Ultimate cut is almost the same movie but takes some minutes to explain shit for retards who dont pay attention.

I enjoyed both cuts. And then again, I aplaud him for forcing his super edgy turbo grim vision of superheroes on a market that really didnt want it.

>dcucks cant handle the banter
Based mel calls it like it is
variety.com/2016/film/news/mel-gibson-batman-v-superman-1201853090/

>Casual comic book geeks

I read a good amount of comics and I must say, over two movies I've grown to hate this superman. He is just so pathetic, unlikable and impotent that I have no interest in him or what he does.

Correct order:
CW > Apoc > Deadpool > BvS

None of them is a good movie, though.

If you read comic book then you know first, that there is one interpretation for each writer, per reboot, per age. There is no set in stone representation

Sometimes the real person is Superman sometimes is Clark kent.

Finally if you read comic books then you know most of them are shit. And the best Superman stories are non canon ones. All star, what happened with the man of tomorrow, red son, etc.

How many movies do they need? 'cause as of right now he is still an introverted mama's boy who can't get it done even with a shit-load of power.

Apocalypse sucked

Wrong

BvS is bad and so are all Marvel movies

capeshit as a genre is fucking garbage

fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you
and /thread

I don't think they hate it because its "2 deep 4 u" I think they hate it because they want candy in a superhero movie and Snyder gave them 5 star cuisine.

If you don't relate to Superman or Batman, the events that occur in the movie won't resonate with you. My guess is most of the people watched the movie came away with nothing from it, even if they appreciated the story. If you lost parents and used Batman as a coping mechanism throughout your life, I guarantee you cried like a bitch during the opening credits. If you are lost in the world and just want to do the right thing in hopes of people appreciating what sacrifices you make, you cried like a bitch when Superman died.

Also, even among the die-hards, they failed to understand that Superman literally played GOD in this movie. And you can see it in the plebeian analysis when they say "lol hamfisted Jesus symbolism" because it's all they know about God. There's as much to this movie as you want there to be. That's how Snyder makes his movies. You either get into it and appreciate it, or don't. But stop telling people it's not good because you didn't want to investigate what makes it so great.

Dead > CW > Apo > BvS

I still have to create a reddit/Twitter/Facebook/tumblr account.

I know you think you're part of some secret club of kino connoisseurs but in reality you just have a shit taste and argue way too much about capeshit movies which are meant to be forgotten.

Not even memeing but if you thought any character was as half developed as any character in Cuvil War then you're a fucktard. Fucking Spider Man had more lines then Superman

maybe they were too optimistic about how smart people are

What does that have to do with what I posted? Different interpretations in comics don't change that fact that I can't stand this version of Superman. To be clear; I strongly disliked him as a character not just as a representation of Superman.

Tell me, what consequences did BvS have?

>Hurrdurr where is my exposition?
A single face of Superman carries more weight and character deepness than 300 quips or random lines. The fact that you wrote Spider-man as example makes me point even more valid. SM was just a retarded useless cameo, with no relevance to the plot and in fact detracts from the pacing and theme of the movie. In fact, the movie would be a better film without Spider-man

Suicide Squad got reshot.

>cartoon characters

They're comic characters.
Opinion discarded.
Close your thread.

Cap Clap was the only half interesting character in CW.

>Lex Luthor summoned Darkseid and brought a fucking Apocalypse to Earth.
>Batman changed his dramatic and murderous views on the world and regained hope. He changed as character.

Meanwhile on the mcu

>We are divided, but here you can count of me if you need me!
Didnt Age of Ultron ended exactly the same between Tony and Cap? Divided but still friendly?

>All these heroes are in prison
But will be out for their next movies!

>Thanos is still floating in his space chair! 13 movies and he is just about to come! This time for real!
It seems the chair is very very slow.

Also its funny that he started the franchise with 1 gem, and 12 movies later he has zero. He is literally a fucking retard.

>He's fucking serious

Superman's image is iconic enough that I could see him in the same category as Popeye and Betty Boop. He is a different kind of popular than say, batman or captain america.

>claim not to the movie
>but people still talk about BvS

1. Darkseid is not a fucking consequence within the frame of the movie. It's a set up for a sequel. If you want to play that card you can give MCU the same point for Thanos

2.That's not a consequence. That's called character development. You know DCucks are fucked when they consider that a consequence.

-The Avengers are divided and fractured with Thanos looming over the horizon. Cap and Tony arent friends but Cap-being true to his character still acts like a hero and promises to help those in need(weird right? It's almost as if he's a symbol of hope and not angst).

-The heroes are fugitives from all the world's governments barring Wakanda

-Rhodey is crippled

Deadpool was the most fun. None were deep or intelectual.
Martha was the 3 nail, muh sacrifice Alien Jesus was the last.
CW was apologistical about American policies about interventions.
SS told us all bad us are just misunderstood.

Put W and Cheney in jail then i will forgive your ass bullshit policies.

People only talk about BvS because it's more fun to make fun of a bad thing than praise a good thing. I can write essays on how BvS is a filmmaking disaster on all levels. What can I say about Civil War? It's an airtight movie.

There were a few basic flaws with BvS that made it a less than enjoyable experience.

1: The characters are so unlike what we have seen before in films that it is hard to see them as the characters theery are supposed to portray. Superman is usually in good spirits in his movies, but in BvS he's kind of depressed. Batman is usually the dark and brooding character, but in BvS he's flat out insane. Batman goes about branding and killing people with no cares. Now, I understand the reasoning behind these two choices, and it is explained well, but no amount of explaining is going to cause audiences to not have a disconnect between what they EXPECTED and what they ACTUALLY GOT.

>Rhodey is crippled
Who?

>t. Ahmed

>Why did Snyder and WB make their capeshit movie about two cartoon characters punching each other so deep and complex

Probably so people would take it seriously as a film instead of having people still refer to the characters as "cartoon".

>but in BvS he's flat out insane. Batman goes about branding and killing people with no cares.
Am I edgy if I flat out enjoy this wannabe badass crap aimed at 13 years old? I understand its literally childish teenager edge. But reminds me of the McBain archetype of kill first ask later.

When Batman showed he had a little device to brand people I almost burst in laughs. At first i thought he used batarangs, but no, he asked Alfred to make a tech gizmo to brand people. Its Neil Addams's insane.

2. Lex Luthor has never been portrayed as he is in BvS. No one wanted Jesse Isenberg as Luthor and most people still don't want him as Luthor. Also, Luther's overall plan is just way too extravagant. It's not that his plan isn't understandable, it's just too complicated for the sake of trying to make him seem super smart, when in fact, if the plan would have been simplified more, he would have came off as smarter. That and any time a bad guys plan in a movie gets too complicated it seems to rely more and more on plot convenience.

It's almost as if these DC movies are based off of comic books....

To be honest, I liked it too. I loved the Arkham Games style of fighting and the fact that his killing of people was so over the top. I am still excited about the Batman solo movies.

Yeah. Or specifically adult oriented graphic novels like The Dark Knight Returns. Why isn't this an issue when films are made from novels? Why aren't script characters compared to the characters on screen?

>When the Superman Army got him and he still manages to get a neck broken before submitting

I am a sucker for this type of shit. Sorry.

>Why aren't script characters compared to the characters on screen?
But they are.

Then why is this a thread?

3: The story has too much unnecessary BS going on. Why does Lois need a subplot about bullets? Why does the movie start in Africa? Why is Wonder Woman in it at all? Why does Lex try to make Doomsday? There is too much filler. People don't like filler, especially in a movie that is over 2 hours long.

Because it does exactly that, except the source material is comic books.

I bet you think Pixar movies cant be taken seriously at all huh?

> I know why Snyder did it. he did it because he doesn't give a fuck. He is the perfect mixture of vengeful nerd and bullying Chad bringing despair to casuals and normies.

Snyder is a director, that makes him a wage slave. Studios hire him to MAKE MONEY, not be a vengeful wanna-be-deep autist. So if he keeps on being a perfect mixture of a vengeful nerd and a bullying chad who brings despair to casuals and normies he'll be retired before long.

Capflicks are made for normies who want nothing but two hours of easy fun, not for the neckbeards who want every movie ever to be a Dicken or Shakespeare work of literature.

I still want the 4 hours cut of MoS. But I understand it can be hard on people.

Im not comparing it to Kubrick in any form, but modern people would have the same issues watching 2001. Can you imagine if 2001 was released today without long exposition about what happened at the end? It wouldnt even get a 40% at rt

Do you honestly believe that? Like, do you really think that's what would happen?

I wish chinkmoot would just move capeshit discussion to Cred Forums
You shit eating retards literally ruin this board

Simple solutions to too much plot.

No Africa bullshit. People are already untrustworthy of Superman for what happened in Metropolis. No one needs this extra push from burnt bodies from nowhere Africa. From a character motivational standpoint, it's unnecessary. Lois doesn'tneed her own aubplot. She should be with Clark investigating Batman. This gives them both something to do while simultaneously allowing them to have character moments with one another. Cut out Wonder Woman cameo, also cut out the YouTube justice League cameos. This stuff does not belong in this movie. And Lex luthor making Doomsday... just no.

Then WB is wrong. They shouldnt have hired him.

I enjoy his movies, but I still dont know why or how the fuck he keeps getting hired. The executives shouldnt hire a vengeful nerd-chad as you said.

Maybe he is like Singer and he knows obscure shit about someone. Singer probably knows all the gay and pedo secrets in Hollywood. He has completely immunity. There is no way he is removed from something and he doesnt drag half of hollywood without him.

Maybe Snyder knows something. I dont know.

>Muh maturity!

How old are you kid? The basic core idea of a superhero is a childish power fantasy about dressing up in a costume, punching bad guys, and saving people. You can dress it up in as much grimdark as you want but it still wont change the core idea. You're watching a movie about a grown man dressed in tights punching another grown man dressed as a giant bat. Its stupid and cartoonish no matter how you spin it. The fact it tries so hard to be "Adult" is what made people not take it seriously.

BvS is far too multilayered for the average viewer. It covers A LOT of topics. It's about the current political climate in the US, the role of the media in our lives, it's a about the worship of power and it's role in American religion, and it's a deconstruction of two major pop culture icons that ties all the above together.

The Theatrical cut was too choppy to do all this justice, while the ultimate cut gives the room to analyze and appreciate the depth in the film.

It's not flawless, but it's the most daring commercial film released in years.

Long movies are not hard on people if they are good. But if you just come up with subplots that's go nowhere just to bump up your running time, people are gonna get bored real quick.

>You're watching a movie about a grown man dressed in tights punching another grown man dressed as a giant bat. Its stupid and cartoonish no matter how you spin it. The fact it tries so hard to be "Adult" is what made people not take it seriously

SO
MUCH
THIS

New Lex Luthor's plan:
Kidnap Martha to make Superman want to fight Batman. Batman already wants to fight Supes.

That's all that mattered in the end. Everything else was filler.

Completely.

>A self fellating pretentious nonsense plot that doesnt give the answers the public searches for during 3 hours decorated with pretty pictures so the audience doesnt fall asleep. Lack of diversity. Dialog feels robotic and fake.

Protip: Neon Demon is at 30% rt while ghostbusters is at 79% and TFA at 90%.

So yes, I believe that.

Oh, so you thought Neon Demon was good. Opinion discarded, go on plebbing up the board.

This.

If your writing is compelling then people will stay. You have to earn that runtime, you have to earn the audience's attention span. BvS was not compelling at all. There is no reason for the that movie to be as long as it was.

And that doesn't even make sense. Why wouldn't Superman just go and rescue his mom? The kidnapping was pants on head retarded. Both Bats and Super had motivation for hating each other.

Nah it the hanging ballsacks, they just got to big ballsacks to be likeable.

The issue isn't the layers, but the fact that the layers are meaningless. It doesn't say anything about these issues that hasn't been said before. It brings nothing new.

>Both Bats and Super had motivation for hating each other.
Did they? What reason did an alien who just destroyed a major American city have to fight Batman? He thought that he was too violent, I guess.

this. Avg joes wanted a feel good fun flick so they can forget about the world. BvS places their heroes into the current chaotic mess of a world and states this is what would happen if theses folks actually existed in our world. Also synder did an adult flick imo instead of a kids flick (noland's stuff had moments for kids).

How about not having Lex kidnap Superman's mom at all?

Superman doesn't approve of what Batman does and told him to stop, and Batman wants to kill Superman. That's enough to have them fight.

>There are people ITT who actually believe the "BvS is kino" meme.

Everything is political.

>t. Moshe

This!

Copypasta

Here's something to consider: CW has about a dozen superhero characters. Granted, 2 of them (Ant Man and Spiderman) are shoehorned cameo appearances purely for the toy $$$, yet the film still has a tight narrative, most of the characters have arcs, all of them get something cool to do. Cap, Bucky, Tony, Black Panther are fully fleshed out and get proper story arcs despite competing for screen time with Zemo, Crossbones, etc. When they do appear, Ant and Spider both steal the show with their cool powers.

Fucking FALCON gets more lines of dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in a film called "Batman vs Superman". Just think about that for a moment. And were any of Superman's lines memorable, apart from " the bat is dead. Bury it" and "MARTHA!" (for the wrong reasons)?

And Wonder Woman, despite only having to share screen time with two other heroes, speaks only to Bruce Wayne during the entire 2.5 hour movie and has no impact on the story whatsoever. She could be edited right out and no-one would notice. What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?

If nothing else, Civil War is a work of extremely efficient storytelling. BvS is horribly inefficient at setting up mood, characterisation and storylines in an economical and effective way. Bloated and incoherent, I believe the critics said.

>Official

I don't think that word means what you think it means user

I think the problem is that it thinks it's deeper and more intellectual than it actually is. It's like Imagine Dragons, or something. It acts like some cerebral character study when really it's just a slightly preachier action movie. So it kind of ends up falling in the uncanny valley between being a dumb, fun action movie and being a legitimately thought-provoking movie, and manages to alienate both potential audiences in the process.

Yep

most normal people I know loved the movie, even a guy who likes the comic book. Only advanced autism hive mind like nerds hated the movie because somebody said "this isn't batman" or something to that effect.

this is so stupid... "extemely efficient storytelling" what the fuck does that even mean. You judge a story by how much fucking shit it's crammed in

how about this: bvs tells a more interesting story, in a more dramatic way, and is far more visually spectacular and beautiful than civil war. Also way less gay

"hurr durr a story is judged by how many character it has"

"And Wonder Woman, despite only having to share screen time with two other heroes, speaks only to Bruce Wayne during the entire 2.5 hour movie and has no impact on the story whatsoever. She could be edited right out and no-one would notice. What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday? "

she has like 7 minutes in the movie? SHe is obviously a minor character and part of the coreography... in a movie about batman vs superman... so what's the fucking problem if she is not a main character? There was no way to give her a bigger part without bloating the story... she anyway added some mystique in her earlier scenes and hte movie would have felt different without her (Dumb fucking shit retard, piece of shit)

batman doesn't kill because of censorship... he killed in his first iterations... and he has been hyper violent (fan favorite the dark knight returns) or killed after that (even in nolan movies and the first burton movies).

so there is nothing wrong with that and he is much better than in cartoon shit. And why the fuck should criminals be scared of him if he was a boy scout like in the more light hearted version of the character?

it's not the audiences who hated the movie but a vocal minority of hysteric nerds, marvel fanatics, and professionals paid by marvel to discredit the movie

It's not the nerds who hate it, though. It's normal everyday people who thought it was weird that Batman is violently murdering people and Superman is borderline depressed.

false

These are my own opinions. I felt this way watching the movie and so did many other people. It's not a vocal minority, it's not a Marvel conspiracy. BvS just isn't very good. It ignores fundamental rules of story telling and character development. It is not a lazy movie. It tried a lot of things, new things. It just didn't work for me, and it didn't work for a lot of other people either.

Then why did it do so bad? Why has every person I have talked to about it not think it was very good? If you liked it, that's fine. I wanted to like it, I just didn't. It wasn't a very good movie.

>implying he didn't really want to shit on MCU, but his comraderie with RDJ compelled him to hold his tongue.

I'ma normal everyday person and I didn't like it. Thought it had too much fat.story should have been streamlined.

>What can I say about Civil War? It's an airtight movie.

It was literally BvS right down to the conflict driven momma's boy.

Civil War was not only JUST AS BAD as BvS, but it was bad for the same reasons.

Zack is an auteur. He doesn't give a damn what the audience wants.

I could kill those screenjunkie cucks sometimes...

agreed user

>BvS is a fuck you to normies who need Bond villain tier exposition and monologues to explain every little detail and casuals who believe there is a set on stone interpretation of the characters (when the truth is that their set in stone interpretations is just the one in which they grew with, nothing else).

There is nothing to indicate this was intentional and everything points to the idea the production was so muddled and incompetent and everyone with creative control was so lacking in talent or ability that they literally had to cut all exposition in order to fit all the future movie tie-ins into the 2 hour runtime. Because that shit was more important to WB than making a functional narrative.

>daily Dawn of Justice threads
>almost always is a bunch of triggered MCucks spouting memes and DChads discussing symbolism and themes
>the only threads about Civil War are about the atrocious CGI and no one remembers who was the bad guy
>meanwhile Squad has beaten GotG not counting China

Feel good to be in the winning side bros

>>I'ma normal everyday person

you are not because you are on Cred Forums

Thanks for doing your part to prove correct the idea that pretending to be stupid just makes stupid people think they're in good company.

I liked (loved) BvS but suicide squad success is fucking depressing

I'm the biggest DCuck in this thread and I thought SS was shit

Trying to outquip Marlel is not going to work, but they bought into the criticism and I think this kind of shit is going to infect the rest of the DCEU

I don't care much about the quipping but how stupid the movie is and how it is a missed opportunity... they could have used the movie as satire, with suicide squad going around destabilizing shit world countries for american interests (instead of being a team to use against superman or same level menace), have the joker manipulate the members against one another instead of being a shitty jared leto cameo with no point in the story... also I wouldn't have cast will smith

bravo

You guys have zero idea on what you talking about. Snyder made the movie WB wanted, they wanted a movie which de-constructs the characters somewhat, with philosphical points about gods and men. The reports about standing ovation the movie got in a producers screening were true, they were very happy with the film, they wanted to put the script on a wall in every office to show how great script looks like, however the critics did not like that film and now they course correcting with geoff who only wrote mediocre comics to make it more "relatable" which basically means less philosophical stuff and more humor and straightforward story.
T. WB employee

God's and Men

Literally just Lex rambling about shit you learn in Intro to Philosophy in college. The all good/all powerful shit is on every atheist website. This was nothing that people hadn't heard before.

You can make the argument that BvS wasn't want people expected, but don't say people didn't understand the philosophical aspects. People understood it all too well because this same shit has been done before, maybe not in a superhero movie, but it's been done.

Well I'm optimistic about Jonhs. I mean no one in Marvel has even read a book and they make mostly OK movies, so who knows

Apocalypse >>>>>>>>>>>>> Deadpool > Civil War > BvS

I like how no one even ranks or talk about Suicide Squad anymore because it was such an abysmal piece of shit.

yet marvel never done something remotely "deep" for a lack of a better word.
WB dont like how marvel movies only touch on important subjects like government spying or how super humans should help governments but then brush it off with quips, WB wanted to go one step beyond that kinda. they dont hate marvel, they respect what they did, they fucking HATE disney though

reddit should be word filtered to non-faggot-contrarian

Intro philosphy would've been fine.

The problem is lex's ramblings are basically the most retarded teenager in existence wandering into a first year psychology class, thinking he was in a philosophy class, and spewing half-remembered cliffnotes.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Dude you are really out of touch with what big movie studio executives want.

Johns literally killed the animated movies and now he will kill the live action ones.

The moments they started with the new52 JL crap, the moment it went to shit. JL origin/war, JL Aquaman brother saga and probably soon JL Darkseid wars. 3 terrible Geoff comic book stories that became 3 terrible movies.

He will probably try to force the daughter of Darkseid OC donut steel in the DCEU.

Geoff is a hack. Fuck him.

I dont care about winning anything. I just enjoy the Snyder grim-ride of death.

And SS was irredeemable shit. They tried to outdo the MCU, seems like it worked. And thats a bad thing.

Same with X-men. Apocalypse was a try at being the MCU. It wasnt really a bad movie, but it lost some of the appeal of the Fox-men, for the few fans the saga have. The fox-men is and should be action sci-fi, not capeshit.

Frankly I hope the success of Deadpool doesnt corrupts the Singerverse into another quipverse. It works for Deadpool, but not for the rest.

Despise the no killing memes, he kills Dick Grayson directly in the Miller universe in TDKSA.