Harry, always call Lord Voldemort by his name. Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself. Btw...

Harry, always call Lord Voldemort by his name. Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself. Btw, Lord Voldemort isn't even his real name, it's the name he chose in order to inspire fear in the masses. I'm not going to tell you his real, non-scary name, because the sequel requires you to think that his teenage version is your friend. If you'll know his name, Hagrid won't have to go to Azkaban and get his soul munched on by demons. I am not a very good friend.

What did he "mean" by that?

Yeah what a glaring plot hole in that children's book

Why do you care so much about books written for nine year olds? Are you nine? Also

> If you'll know his name, Hagrid won't have to go to Azkaban and get his soul munched on by demons.

I thought Hagrid went to prison because he as found guilty of a similar crime 50 years ago and they thought he was behind it, the whole thing with Toms diary was just exposition.

>Dude I'm so creatively bankrupt I'm going to blatantly plagiarize Gandalf and nobody will notice lmao

>I thought Hagrid went to prison because he as found guilty of a similar crime 50 years ago and they thought he was behind it, the whole thing with Toms diary was just exposition.

He went to Azkaban because Fudge needed a scapegoat. If Harry had known Tom Riddle's diary is actually Voldemort's diary, he would have shown it to Dumbledore and the entire crisis would have been averted.

Tbf, both Dumbledore and Gandalf are based on older archetypes.

>Dumbledore is gay

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

What's the problem? it was always obvious.

go back to Cred Forums, nobody cares.

Probably that it was one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

cared enough to reply

Gandalf was based on Odin. Dumbledore was a Gandalf rip off, and there are several other thing taken from LotR such as dementors being Nazgul rip offs.

>Harry, we don't have much time. I never explained that you have to die for Voldemort to die also Snape is a double agent and has been protecting you all along and will kill me so that Voldemort can kill you at the right time so that he can be killed.

>He is a very good friend.

This.
You have to skip entire books to be this out of the loop and not have known

Reading the first book when I was 10, I didn't really pick up on the gay subtext of the Dumbledore story arc

I thought he was made out to be such a legendary figure, that assigning him a sexuality just cheapens his character.

stay Cred Forums, don't listen to these cultural terrorist from tumblr that were laughed out of /lit/

I think book 4 is when it became rather apparent if not at least suspectable

What tipped you off that he was possibly gay?

>I'll just wear this insanely powerful cursed object, nothing will go wrong
>better not ever tell Harry anything including the fact he's a horcrux and that Snape is a hextuple agent or some shit
Yes, yes, well done Dumbledore, well done.

HOWEVER

Wut? Everyone in the OotP knew that Snape was a double agent, the question was always where his true loyalty lay

>tell Harry anything
>gets mind fucked by Voldemort
If anything, Dumbledore allowing Harry to be an ordinary kid was a massive liability that caused people to get hurt and maimed regularly.

He should have been sent to the school in Romania, far away from anyone to do with his family.

I mean the openness and the tolerance themes he promoted were highly exemplified in the Triwizard tournament.
His fashion sense was a bit excessive even for wizards.
Also there was a lot that everyone else who knew him would say like "Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world."

wasn't the issue with telling harry about the whole horcrux thing voldy might read his mind, figure it out and take precautions?

>dumbledore was gay lovers with the wizard behind the axis powers in ww2
>voldemort is the real super strong dark wizard because he has a reign of terror in faggy britain

>Dumbledore would have been happier than anybody to think that there was a little more love in the world
>the openness and the tolerance themes he promoted
That's just his character being the counter balance to Voldemort's. He preaches openness and tolerance, where Voldemort is secluded and wants magic to be steeped in hierarchy.
>His fashion sense was a bit excessive even for wizards
I don't really recall where his fashion was described. It certainly didn't seem that major. If he dresses oddly, I feel that's just an extension of his inherent eccentricity.

If you say so, his fashion was a topic of mention at least once a book through

>gatsby
one of the most boring and uninspired books I've ever read

>1984
Very good political pamphlet about Soviet Union that is currently being treated like the world's greatest masterpiece, because 12th graders have to make a book report on it. (and they only ever read Harry Potter before)

>100 years of solitude
One of my favourite books of all time. Very accesable too, but I loved it throughout.

>The Trial
Fantastic, much better than Camus' Plauge

actually Harry is a rip off of a the main character in Neil Gaimans books of magic.
But Neil was cool off it

>a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with being a repulsive faggot

Waste of dubs

>Haaaary my boy, did I ever tell you the time I remembered Snape overhearing me reciting the prophecy that got your parents killed, even though 3 years ago you saw me give a prophecy and I didn't remember or respond to you during? I was a good subject of memory tampering.

Not to mention that Dumbledore claims Snape only heard the first half of the prophecy, and yet Trelawny remembers seeing him after she recited the prophecy.

Dumbledore basically released the prophecy because he hoped Voldemort would BTFO himself with it, and lied to Harry about it.