/who/ - Doctor Who General

How many novelizations have you read?

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/776548084780244997
youtu.be/fuZk-5vaxUk
youtu.be/XM4Fjcf2s5I
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Myth_Makers_(TV_story)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0ot7BInqg
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sprout_Boy
spacewarp.co.uk/who/DWOverallRatings.htm
dailymotion.com/video/x31k8x8_press-gang-s01e01-page-one-1989_tv
youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y
deadline.com/2016/08/karen-gillan-jumanji-movie-casting-1201810852/
twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/754304771197063168
aminoapps.com/page/doctor-who/2989111/memoire-of-a-whovian
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None, I've never connected to DW in the written form.

THAT'S RUSSELL!

I read that Silurians one. Was much better than the show version. Read Shada too, and that was cool. Haven't gotten to a Dicks novelization yet.

I think the only one I've read is Marco Polo.

Gareth Roberts books are unironically GOAT, its a pity Goss is doing the other Adams stories instead of him

All of them.

Lads who /RDXI/ here?

I've read all the McCoy ones.
Battlefield and Dragonfire were more enjoyable than the TV stories, Paradise Towers and Greatest Show less so.
But on the whole, I thought the only ones that added enough material to be really worth reading if you have already seen the episodes were Remembrance, Battlefield and Fenric.

Delta and the Bannermen is good too

Just rewatched "The angels take Manhattan"

HOLY FUCK its so bad
Its so terrible I dont even have words
What was Moffat thinking

It's pretty decent until Moffat makes up some shit about fixed time. And they probably should have rethought the liberty angel

Your retarded that is one of the best episodes

I've interviewed quite a few of them. ama

I hope you are being ironic
Maybe you think "The power of three" is a good episode too
I'm 100% serious not a single attempt of trolling
I just dont get it
How can a person think of these as a GOOD?

"no"

It has a good central story with the team trying to catch up with Rory without reading ahead in the book, and the angels permanently looping people. It's a servicable and well executed episode apart from the Statue of Liberty just being there and not really doing anything. The half-assed logic of the climax is its only real problem, and even then the ending with the Doctor picking up the last page of the book is a pretty good final note.

>Your retarded
Made it too obvious.

The ending is a bit much. Should've ended with the Ponds jumping off the building, and the Doctor mourning the loss.

Rory seeing his gravestone just feels tagged on and awkwardly directed too.

Ass logic, statue, and the ending dramatic scene (which was obviously not touching at all unless you are 10 years old, im serious) made the overall impression for me. You cant just run a story with everything fucked up, which resolves into weird nothing.
And I take the whole statue of liberty thingie as a "I dont care anymore lmao" from Moffat. It's disgusting.

Fuck, should of used youre

>Troll Weakly

Post your favourite episode

>pic related

Maybe you'll feel less histrionic about it when you wake up.

I thought it was the best use of the angels outside the Statue of Liberty shit. In Blink they're not that scary because all they do is send you back in time and we even see that all the people they send back live happy and fulfilling lives. In Time of the Angels they snap your neck but that doesn't really do anything with their time powers. In TATM they send you back in time to live the rest of your life in their fucked up hotel prison where they continue to feed off you. Creepy as fuck.

Also River isn't too bad in it.

>the most vocal group of Who fans are never satisified.
>In Ecclestone's era, everyone hated the fact that we never went to new planets.
>In Tennants, everyone hated the Rose/Romance.
>Then they hated Martha for being boring.
>Then Donna was hateful and horrible to watch.
>Its only in hindesight that people have decided that they liked Donna, or Martha, or the >Rose/Ten Romance. At the time everyone (By everyone, I mean everyone you could hear).
>Every hated Russel. He was a Fanboy trying to force the "Gay Agenda" down people's >throats. He over relied on the Daleks, and made them boring. His stories were terrible: >He relied on deus Ex Machina to solve every problem.
>And when Russel went, and we got 11, was the fandom satisfied?
>Oh No.
>Moffat had it worse than Russel.
>Moffat was sexist.
>11 was a child, who wasn't fuuny.
>The show was pandering to the American's instead of being loyal to its fanbase.
>His plots were overly complicated.
>Amy was misandristic.
>Rory kept dying all the time - and it wasn't even funny.
>River is a sexist character. Amy is a sexist character. Clara is a sexist character. All of >them need the Doctor in their lives for their lives to be of any value: And thus, this is >sexist.
>The Cracks, The Silence and Trenzalore didn't make any sense and were terrible.
>Moffat ruined the Time War.
>And now what do we have? Peter Capaldi is too old, he doesn't act like the Doctor. Clara >is terrible, and Moffat ruined her death by not having her die on screen (like every other >Main-Companion in the history of televised Who.)
>And when Moffat leaves?
>The Fandom will crucify his successor as well.
>Its a thankless job.
>And the reason its so thankless is supposed "Fans" who don't enjoy the show anymore - >and don't see why anyone else should enjoy it either.
>Every writer is the worst writer ever.
>Every companion is the worst companion ever.
>Every Doctor is the worst Doctor ever.

Is this true /who/?

How could the statue of liberty have been done right? There needs to be a threat at the top of the hotel so the cold open and the chase work, but it needs to also not stomp around, leer over the building and look totally out of proportion. (Let's assume "but people would have noticed it move!" isn't an issue because the angel gets deleted from time at the end anyway).

>Detective gets to the top of the hotel
>There is a view of the statue of liberty in its normal position and its usual expression
>The spooky bit is that it has subtly turned its head to look directly at him
>He is staring at it, then blinks
>He disappears in a flash
>The statue is instantly back to its normal pose, implying it shot across the entire city at light speed, and was only active for a few seconds
>Hit titles
This has the side effect of upping the threat level as well. You can justify its hugeness by saying it only mobilises when someone risks creating a paradox.

Perfection

Is this from somewhere in particular or did you write it?

I don't agree that it's 'thankless'. The truth is showrunners tend to not really pay attention to the masses of fan hate and just get on with the masses of fan love instead, and at the end of the day they've made a show that lots of people still appreciate.

Yes

no

>>In Ecclestone's era, everyone hated the fact that we never went to new planets.
>>In Tennants, everyone hated the Rose/Romance.
>>Then they hated Martha for being boring.
You can still hear this stuff on /who/.

>and Moffat ruined her death by not having her die on screen
Didn't she, though?

I found it on r/gallifrey. Thought it was interesting enough to post on here

Sometimes I think this show has lived too long

Nah.

Out of this list, the only true points are:

>his plots were overly complicated
>silence and trenzalore didnt make any sense and were terrible
>moffat ruined time war
>capaldi doesnt act like a doctor (writers problem mostly)
>clara is terrible

That's it. Everything else was fine and enjoyable, or wasnt even considered a problem.

gr8 b8

Im not b8ing. I fucking swear. I love early Moff, I fucking love season 5 and early season 6. But it just gets worse.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else Gareth Roberts is show-runner. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.

Eleventh Hour is good until Amy shows up in her sexy cop cosplay. The kid was a better actor than Karen was at the time, though tbf Karen's improved since. Everything with Prisoner Zero is dull as dishwater monster of the week shit and 11 behaves like Moffat's Sherlock.

>Everything with Prisoner Zero is dull as dishwater monster of the week shit and 11 behaves like Moffat's Sherlock.
Everything with Prisoner Zero is a perfectly paced and funny adventure with a spot-on resolution.

Nice blurb

I disagree with literally everything you said.

Hay who

Just thought I'd say thanks, managed to get a lay thanks to the info in this thread bitching about Matt Smith

>non-virgin
You don't belong here.

>A star in her eye

How the FUCK did I miss it
When was it announced

I'm not even going to ask how those things connect to each other.

it was leaked

I am. Tell us your story, user.

It wasn't announced, it was apparently leaked.

ep 2 is called The Colon and the Bracket as well

no its not

which ep is Poirot in?

lol no chance that'll be the final title

It's nothing to flashy

Went to a houseparty, girl was showing me round her room, I saw a 'BBC orchestra Doctor who' cap. Then, remembering this thread, I bitched for about 10-15 minutes about Matt Smith's doctor. She agreed. Ended up with me in bed.

So yeah, thanks to this thread and a terrible doctor

>bitching about Doctor Who gets someone laid
You lived the dream.

episode 4.

twitter.com/GeorgeBaker26/status/776548084780244997

Will they ever stop?

wtf

No wonder he's stopped going out to the fans so much. Creeps.

It's always the same people too.

Have you ever masturbated to Doctor Who episode?

No ironic jokes pls

Sleep No More because i got bored watching it

Did you bring up Moffat's sexism? That would have made for a compelling irony since you were bullshitting her into bed.

I think I have but don't really remember, it's been a while if so.

All the episodes with Jenna in.

You bet.

She's so perfect

>those legs

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!*

I heard Sophie Aldred once bumped into Eccleston and thought he was a thief.

Why did he want Ace's crisps?

bumb

>Ten appears in Pokemon
Wew.

Hurts that I'll never see Shada in anime form since the only reason the studios can afford to have so much of the anime drawn (the inbetweens and everything) is because of the exploitation of cheap labour. If an average episode has 5000 frames the price of each inbetween is about $3.

I suspect there are more pressing reasons you will never see Shada in anime form, before the issue of labour exploitation even comes up.

I guess the fact that Chronotis is already in Adams other stuff.
Licensing.
The fact that they might not recoup the costs.
Sound.
Potential butthurt of fans.

More to the, point why would there be an anime version of any Doctor Who media ever?

Now, an "animated" version, on the other hand...

Because seeing Doctor Who in non-English formats intrigues people to no end, like this.
youtu.be/fuZk-5vaxUk

Because having too much shading on one drawing is unrealistic.

You sacrifice the framerate or have to tween (CG) all the inbetweens. Anime quality is also generally higher than western animation where easily manipulable/animatable heads eg triangles are used instead of normal heads because they're easier to move around (if you've ever tried animating illustrator stuff in after-effects you'll know what I'm talking about, the keyframing is just easier but if you don't have much done by hand it can look pretty bizarre). The motions also look unrealistically smooth with not much viewpoint change because it's all generated from the computer rather than drawn.

I mean anime style art with the character's own voices for all the recons and missing episodes and maybe Big Finish. I tire of watching telesnaps.

One of my 50th celebration activities was masturbating to a CYOA erotic Doctor Who game. Never masturbated to an episode though, I'm not a fucking loser.

>masturbating to a CYOA erotic Doctor Who game
>I'm not a fucking loser.

Wait, which one?

>replying to bait

You mean "pointing out the joke"

>tfw no series 9 soundtrack
but The Witch's Familiar, Under the Lake, The Woman Who Lived, Heaven Sent and Hell Bent had some great musickino from Marigold...

they sold the rights to the doctor who music to BGM so it was in limbo for awhile
will probably release soon now

Yeah I'm wondering where my 12th Doctor Suffering soundtrack has gone.

Will he return?

I like this fanart

I loved the Beethoven-inspired music in Heaven Sent, Marigold has come a long way since 2005

I don't, never post here again.

Ah! Someone reposted my OC!

What? I made that.

Nah, I did. I can tell, because of the lazy transparency under the words--I remember setting it, on a cracked version on Photoshop, years ago, while procrastinating on my Motion Graphics homework. If I could redo it, I'd make that transparency darker.

I actually made that shitty Photoshop job as well.

Pic related too.

Here's the cutout I used to prove it.

Wow are you like a cool content creator?

And the other one I used.

I made that

Is this the new meme?

I made that

Too old to be your child.

S/he might be like 111. You don't know.

Exactly, I made that.

just so y'all know they took press gang off youtube and the world is a cold and unforgiving place

RIP Loonda n Friends

Oh yeah, didn't Moffat say he was pushing for a Press Gang reunion special before realizing he'd have no time to do that with Doctor Who? Maybe he'll revisit that idea once he's free.

probably a nonsense conspiracy but I'm wondering if they pulled them from youtube because of something like this. Like we're gonna get a reunion thing and they're gonna push some blurays for the series at the same time.

Watch series 10 now or marry Jenna?

Idunno. Need some time to think about it.

we're a creative bunch, really

Best 12th Doctor variation coming through!

youtu.be/XM4Fjcf2s5I

Digitalspy also ran a "where are they now" article on the show this month

>Moffat is already working on his next show
>which is the reboot/return of one of his own show

my favourite part is all the subtle buzing flies and weird squishing sounds. marigold does it again

>no one will EVER live through their own bespoke nightmare torture chamber for billions of years just to bargain for your life afterwards

Has Doctor Who ever taken one of the Greek or Latin myths and spun them using the usual DW trick?

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Myth_Makers_(TV_story)

And Underworld, cats

We don't talk about Underworld.

Do we talk about Immortal Beloved?

I'll be honest, I didn't mind it

i think my depression is coming back, cheer me up /who/

The obvious

This ought to cheer you up

Isn't this the one where everyone dies?

Yes, it's hilarious in it's OTT melodrama trying to be as heartbreaking as possible just using simple tricks.

The Time Monster

Bring back Sprout Boy! Sprout Boy was GOAT.

Like how Matt regenerated to a variation of The Long Song, Capaldi will regenerate to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0ot7BInqg

Vale Duodecim

Canon
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Sprout_Boy

>There will never be a one off Who episode with Capaldi becoming Malcolm Tucker

that's what this year's children in need minisode is gonna be

>(NOTVALID: 2015 BBC Christmas ident)
>It is the third crossover with the soap opera EastEnders, the first being (NOTVALID: Dimensions in Time) and the second being (NOTVALID: National Television Awards Sketch 2011).
why does the tardis wikia have such a hard time accepting Eastenders as canon? at this point they're making total fools out of themselves

a

let this terrible thread die

no

just in case there's anyone who doesn't know, a bunch of the older audio stories are free now. they're on Spotify under the artist "Doctor Who"

spacewarp.co.uk/who/DWOverallRatings.htm

Marry Jenna of course!

ayyy that's true

Who are you targeting today? Who is that person?

More overrated than that "quirky" girl from The Office U.S.

>overrated

marry Jenna and watch series 10 together as we cuddle

New Who companions

Donna> Clala > Amy/ Rory> Rose> Marfa> Capt Jack

Actually Jenna Coleman is quite underrated.

I think it's on dailymotion

dailymotion.com/video/x31k8x8_press-gang-s01e01-page-one-1989_tv

Most plebs still seem to pine for Rose.

I give them my pity.

best episode ever.

I miss Clara.

I'm tweeting this at him

Me too.

Donna Noble has left the library.
Donna Noble has been saved.

Threadly reminder Donna only chased after BBC.

Threadly reminder that Russell calls all his black characters Lance.
>Lance in Doctor Who
>Lance in his Cucumber show

youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y

most fat white women go after BBC
it's the only thing big enough to successfully penetrate them

>Implying anything less could satisfy her thiccness

So was the Doctor thinking of Clara when he said "I'm gonna save my friend the only way I can" or did he mean Davros?

'Lance'

a euphamism for a cock

so who's the nuwho actor that's doing best career wise after their stint in DW?

the guy who played Laszlo

Even though she can't act, probably Karen Gillan

Olivia Colman

How much weight did Jenna lose from 2012?

Clara. He said that because teaching Davros mercy was the only way he could save Clara. He didn't give any fuck about Davros.

Also, the scene at the end is GOAT, with the Doctor and Davros leaving together hand in hand, but Davros is holding the screwdriver and the Doctor is holding the Dalek gun.

Which ep was she in?

The Eleventh Hour (criminally underused, as the woman taken over by Prisoner Zero)

She was one of Prisoner Zero's forms in The Eleventh Hour, the one who said the spooky Pandorica stuff.

POETRY
O
E
T
E
Y

BASED MOFFAT

Christopher Eccleston
Billie Piper
David Tennant
Matt Smith
Karen Gillan
Arthur Darvill
Jenna Coleman

no that's olivia colman, not jenna coleman.

>Also, the scene at the end is GOAT, with the Doctor and Davros leaving together hand in hand, but Davros is holding the screwdriver and the Doctor is holding the Dalek gun.
Wow. I never noticed. Bravo Moffat.

deadline.com/2016/08/karen-gillan-jumanji-movie-casting-1201810852/

That's who we're talking about, genius.

I'd like to see an alternate timeline where Davros doesn't go batshit crazy. An intellect like his is bound to come across the attention of either the timelords or the Doctor

Jenna is doing way better than Matt.

And more GotG. She is winning financially at least.

>Matt
What's he even done since Who?

last stuff I remember from him was being in a movie made by Gossling which was booed at some festival and Terminator Genysis which everyone paned

Some bad movies, a play, an upcoming netflix show.

And the shitty zombie film

So how many times has Davros "died"?

American Psycho Musical
Terminator: Genisys
Lost River
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
The Crown on Netflix.

It's cool.

pretty much in every story he's appeared, it's a tradition to kill him off and then bring him back with no explanation.

Genesis and Resurrection.

Literally the only "deaths" we saw on screen.

Destiny: frozen
Revelation: taken away to trial
Remembrance: escape pod
Journey's End: left but obviously going to use an escape pod
The Witch's Familiar: just stuck in a bad situation he'll get out of

they explained it in stolen earth though

>Acquire Jenna wife>
>Watch S10 with her later

We've made it this far into the hiatus whats a few more months?

He's essentially a Dalek at this point so they treat him like one

>Journey's End: left but obviously going to use an escape pod

I always assumed the big blue button on his chair was an emergency temporal shift

Oh, and he died in the first year of the time war before Caan saved him. So 3 "deaths" we know about - one of which (Genesis) seemed real, one of which he's succumbing to a virus, and one of which was an actual death before Caan intervened in time.

>I always assumed the big blue button on his chair was an emergency temporal shift

Never stated but could well be! Escape pod or E/T/S are the most likely options.

well they kind of had to

if caan went insane why didnt davros

Because he's already insane!

Davros isn't a Dalek? Also intelligent mind and all that BS.

> Davros
> HAS A REALITY BOMB!!!!
> Not insane

That just proves RTD is insane.

Asylum of the Daleks wasn't that bad. If Davros had been in it, it would have been even better.

What truly bugs me about it is the Doctor casually leaving the Dalek fleet instead of blowing their shit up. Why the fuck did he let them be? Last time, he tried to killed them and they escaped before he could.

Davros should've been lurking in the Asylum.

Davros would have been wasted in that ep unless it was a two parter.

>Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

jesus christ what is matt even thinking. If he needs money that bad BF is always ready to give him some more dignified work

one of the explanations I have liked the most

Do you will get BF audios set between Journeys End and The Magicians Apprentice. Would be cool if they got Bleach back.

desu he was the best part of that movie. His outtakes are better than the whole thing. Maybe he thought it would get him more exposure since the abe lincoln movie did pretty good here in the states?
Matt's face when.

the worst part is most Doctor Who writers were autistic enough to explain every single death. I still remember that scene in King's Demons where the Master and the Doctor talk about some very specific continuity details from Time-Flight and how the Master survived that episode. I had no idea what they were talking about and I didn't care either.

I actually kind of respect Pip and Jane for coming up with the whole "fuck you, I'm indestructable"-handwave.

Hope so. Bleach never does interviews apparently. Very strange.

Not strange, just a private man which is fair enough.

Yeah i'd like to hear him talk about the role.

Been having a discussion with some friends.

What would've been better than the Class spin-off?
1. A Torchwood re-boot.
2. A Paternoster Gang spin-off.
3. A larger main cast/ recurring characters, and a bigger crew, so more Doctor Who eps can be made each year.

What's /who/'s opinion?

don't think so because they usually go for Molloy when they use Davros

>A larger main cast/ recurring characters, and a bigger crew, so more Doctor Who eps can be made each year.

wot?

Of course it's strange. He's an actor, which is one of the most extroverted professions.
He must do it solely for his love of the craft, which is in itself highly commendable. It's rare to see a thespian or someone in the public eye totally lacking an ego.

None of the above.

Allocate all that money $$$ on a spinoff to Who's budget so that it can actually run consistently with 13 episodes a year.

Yes. For BF it's usually Molloy for Davros and Beavers for old Master.

this But I'd like to add an 8th doctor mini adventure web serial.

See everyone says this but why would BF be willing to let go of their biggest star?

twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/754304771197063168

Adam's on first name terms with Peter Capaldi! Didn't you know?

Well, we figured that the show is limited to one series per year because it takes 9 months approx to film with only 2/3 main leads.

Bigger cast, bigger crew, more sets = more eps (eg Farscape).

Or keep it as one main show with spin-off(s)?

Yeah but Bleach is the current one so they may try and get him.

Where is the 'letting go' part?

BF could just hire him between filming times. I'm sure McGann would still want to do some BF even if they offered him a spin off or web series of some kind.

It's interesting you say that because there aren't any bottle episodes in Moffat's series as there were in RTD's. I mean, Capaldi was each and everyone of them, so I can see what he needs to rest for this upcoming year.

I don't understand why we couldnt have both senpaitachi. It doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive proposition. It didn't stop McGann from doing Night of the Doctor.

Multi Davros story when

They haven't done that with Simm yet ever since they got the NuWho license. But maybe in the future? They'd have to settle with MacQueen first...

Now I want a new good Davros story. When was the last time BF did something great with him or The Daleks?

It seems they've been very Master-focused recently

They've cleverly hidden it. Technically, Girl Who Waited was a "bottle episode" but nobody really noticed. You only see it when you notice that literally 99% of Matt's scenes are TARDIS-bound.

Similar for Flatline too. That was probably a bit of a break for Capaldi, else he was also filming another episode at the same time, cos he's restricted to one outdoor location and mostly TARDIS interior.

>aminoapps.com/page/doctor-who/2989111/memoire-of-a-whovian
An app for 'Whovians'?

I'd like a good NuWho Davros story for once.

Why would McGann ever turn back to audio if he got the chance to go back to the big screen, especially if it is a long term series?

A McGann spin-off basically renders his use of Big Finish obsolete, and since he's bascially the creation of BF's expanded universe, he holds the most cards to their future.

Difference here is that there are multiple Masters. Thus they can hire multiple actors.

All the actors playing Davros are meant to be playing the same Davros, so it wouldn't work to have two actors playing Davros -- unless they brought Bleach in to play an old Davros and keep Molloy as a younger Davros, I guess?

It was a one time cameo for the 50th. Moffat didn't even consider him or any of the old doctors appearing in the real episode, which is weird because they could've recorded new lines for the all 13th scene...

Massive assumptions and nonsense.

Davros by Lance Parkin
Dark Eyes was good for Daleks too

No not really. If they ever did a web series, for example, it'd likely be something like 6 or 8 half-hour things, I'd wager. Unless he went back to Doctor Who full-time as the Doctor (not gunna happen), of course he'd still do BF. Maybe they'd get some BF writers in to help pen the series.

Yeah but in theory, hoodie 12 could meet sharp-suit 12. The Molloy mask could still probably hold up well on TV nowadays.

IIRC Mcgann was realy busy and NOTD had to be filmed in a few days.

Yes, but both 12s would be played by Capaldi.

All the actors playing Davros are a necessity of recasting, but they're all meant to be playing the exact same Davros from Genesis. The appearance and mask and voices are only different cos of recasting - it's meant to be the exact same character.

You could have Davros meet himself when he was younger etc., but why hire two actors when Molloy could do both?

Yeah, but in S9 Jenna had two episodes where she barely appeared (The Woman who Lived/Heaven Sent).

The Witch's Familiar?

>Why would McGann ever turn back to audio
It's a steady paycheck for a pretty easy regular job. He can show up with a latte mustache and in his jam jams to record lines and surely they'd accommodate his schedule.
Which doesn't preclude him from doing more, it's just an issue of scheduling and a will to do so. From what I remember from interviews, blurbs and what not that the minisode was almost an afterthought. Moffat also went on to say something to the effect that the hype surrounding it had little to do with McGann, but mostly the "surprise" factor.
Im feeling dense. What are we arguing about even?

Bleach can play pre-scarred Davros?

>it's meant to be the exact same character.
Obviously

>but why hire two actors when Molloy could do both?
The Molloy Davros is younger. He plays him as a ranting, energetic dictator. Bleach's performance is almost always sinister and far less maniacal because he is withered and older. The Bleach Davros' mask looks way older as well

I'd like a good NuWho story for, well, most returnees. UNIT's shit, Davros hasn't really had a great story, the Cybermen have been used atrociously, we haven't had a proper Sontaran story since 2008 (which was a bit naff, and we've only had cameos/Strax since).

>he is withered

not anymore, after that regeneration energy it seemed like he got his mojo back

Sorry why are we talking about the mask when we're talking about audio ...?!

That's not the trouble. The trouble is that schedule for 13 episodes a series is way too tight. Both for actors and Moffat.

Really hope the next appearance is called Mojo of the Daleks

Audio isn't canon, TV is

What the fuck?!

The original thread was about getting Bleach to play Davros on BF audios... so what the fuck are you on about?! All we're saying is that why would BF hire two actors to play the same character when Molloy could just change tone/shift and play Davros as young, old, whatever?

Maybe they should do 16 episodes for a series and allocate half to one year, the other the next? The funds + crew should help in shaping ideas and building bottle episodes.

If we are using the time war setting I think Davros and War could have some pretty emotionally heavy encounters. Same as Davros meeting Rassilon or the Council of Timelords to discuss a truce (obviously a ruse tho)

Davros meeting Davros would be lame, make it something better like him getting kidnapped by the Cybermen or teaming up with the Master. Or Davros in hiding in some weird planet or on the run from a sontaran death squad. I mean take advantage of the fact that he is a genius on the same level as the fucking timelords and pretty much the most feared individual in the universe, space hitler. The dude is as legendary as The Doctor but for all the opposite reasons.

Sontaran stories are difficult because I believe the props department only has one of those made.

Cybermen story has been crap, agreed. The redesign was nice though.

UNIT hasn't really had a "Inferno" esque story yet - they probably should.

Davros was okay. I think The WItch's Apprentice is a step in the right direction.

The logic of this is incredible. That would be two reduced series of 8 episodes but if you name them all the same season then it is more episodes? What?

>UNIT hasn't really had a "Inferno" esque story yet

B...b... but Redgrave can only do one wooden character?

>Davros was okay. I think The WItch's Apprentice is a step in the right direction.

I mean I didn't necessarily think making Davros cry was good for the character but putting it on the bigger perspective of making him a more nuanced villain willing to go to great extent to deceive the Doctor then I guess you are correct. It makes him more three dimensional than just the screaming head he was in Remembrance.

I agree. It'd also be nice to see Davros without the Daleks. I think RTD once said you can't have Davros without them cos the kids would expect Daleks, but even with that logic you could have a two parter: the first half just solely Davros, then bring in some Daleks for the second part.

Would be neat to see Davros on his own though, or with another villain. With the ending of TWF, Moff has primed us for a Master/Davros story, if he wants to do one or if Chibnall does. But I suspect they'll both appear again totally seperate and it won't be explained what happened.

Definitely. TWF wasn't perfect, but at least Moffat made him more of a 3D character, even so far as temporarily humanising him with the eyes. Like or loathe it, at least it was an attempt at something new with the character on TV.

BURN HER

>willing to go to great extent to deceive the Doctor
He did exactly that in Tranqil Repose and just for shits and giggles.

Yeah, I don't think the crying scenes were good. I was talking more about the one-on-one convos between 12 and Davros. That seems more eloquent to Genesis than Bleach screaming and ranting in Journey's End.

I want a story about UNIT being destroyed by radicalized elements from inside.

Tbf, at least in Revelation, Davros wasn't out to just take over the universe - at least not at the stage we saw - for a change. The Doctor just happened to arrive when Davros was scheming, building a new army, probably gaining money, growing his empire etc.

Yes because while the budget is allocated to "one" official series it also dependent on the fiscal year of the production. Hence why for S7A had more production value than most of S7B.

BBC bosses have recently been informed that Peter Capaldi will depart from the hit sci-fi show in a two part 2017 special – when writer Steven Moffat also steps down.

The 58-year-old’s tenure as the 12th Doctor is set to end in 2017 in two heartbreaking festive specials, which will see the rebel Time Lord encounter the sinister Weeping Angels for the final time.

When new chief Chris Chibnall, who created Broadchurch, begins a new era in series 11, he will have his own Time Lord.

God, can we talk about how Kate is so fucking inconsistent as a character? DAE remember when she kissed 11 on the cheek for some reason??

We have crossed lines. I think Revelation was far superior.

She has no character beyond 'the Brigs Daughter'. Except when her creator Marc Platt wrote her.

This could continue to build from the setup of the Zygon 2 parter.

I agree. Revelation is probably Davros at his best, aside from Genesis

kek

That sounds like a load of made up shite to be honest.

Did you forget that The Angels in Mahattan was actually filmed in Central Park?

it wasn't nearly as believable and the stakes weren't as high for him. He had to really make the Doctor believe in him on TWF or else he would die and he pulled it off.

Correct, he has enough history and same shared experiences with the Doctor to really get into his mind if he wanted to. If they work on that but also give him an edge on the menacing front they could come up with something good because as of now it almost always ends with the Doctor choking him up or threatening to disconnect his life support once he has said something that hurts him.

OK, so you are talking shit. I thought so.

you forgot her Library world husband Lee

New Drinking game: Watch all the Kate Stewart episodes, drink everytime "Brig's Daughter" is mentioned.

Did you forget that The Name of the Doctor was actually filmed in Trenzalore?

>else he would die
But he wasn't dying, was he, it was all lies.

none of your business m8

no. he was dying.

I don't think it was mentioned very often.

She's just a generic iron lady though, that's true. Except also makes very odd calls.

>Moff has primed us for a Master/Davros story, if he wants to do one or if Chibnall does

The thing is that once you do that you have effectively blown your load with both of the biggest enemies of the Doctor at the same time and show runners usually like to use them and then let them rest for a couple of series. Maybe if it was for some big event but the 10th NuWho anniversary has already passed.

PPZ got him a girlfriend.

which classic-to-nuwho-return was actually executed well? There's the Daleks in series 1.. any other contenders?

No he wasn't.

Probably because she was filming a supporting role in some movie.

I mean, didn't stop RTD doing Daleks and Cybermen together in his second series.

yes he was

The Daleks in Series 1.
The Jacobi Master.

...and that's probably it, IMO. The rest have been either ehhh alright, average, or shit.

No he wasn't and Azmael didn't regenerate either.

The Master and Davros are both beyond daleks and cybermen in terms of "holy shit now things are fucked". Dalek appearances have been trivialized enough but Davros showing up is still an event.

m8 he was dying. 12 saved him by touching the snakes.

No he was lying.

Davros didn't feel much of an event in Series 9, not in the same way he felt like an event in S4. That's down to the production team trying to keep his S9 appearance secret and failing miserably, leading to everyone just wondering why they didn't go down the other path of really hyping up his return.

Moff even said he didn't have anything "new" to really hype at the start of S9... so why not promo Davros as your big sell?

Davros was dying. His plan to nick some regeneration energy was not only for his own benefit, but also to soup up the Daleks too. Win/win in his eyes.

you are wrong.

The concept does not work because the Doctor met Davros many times and the Daleks hundreds of times so he could not have abandoned him to die as a child, ever.

No he was lying.

>in his eyes
Kek

As you said it was mostly a fault in production and promotion but at least in universe it is a big deal, they had the whole mini episodes with the Doctor sulking before going to Davros, the sisters of Karn being aware that Davros is going to die, the Master showing up and at least I think the episode tried hard to make 12 think about his own morals and stuff.

Also I don't think we'll see Davros at all again before Moffat leaves. Which is another reason that I think he might have come up with a Davros story without hyping it too much. He might have wanted to cover all his basics before stepping down: cybermen stories, dalek stories, a regeneration story, a new master and a Davros story.

what's the matter, scared of a little paradox?

If the Doctor thought Davros was really dying there was no reason for him to go anywhere near him at all. Not one.

The concept doesn't work because there's no emotional value to it. Moffat started confusing franchise with legitimacy.

Doctor meeting Davros as a child might be a good story, but just throwing it in means nothing. It's a lousy retcon 50 years of retcons too late. It's not some kind of "oh, that explains everything" moment because there was nothing to explain. Just a fanfiction not smuggled into canon.

By Moffat;'s stupid rules he could go forward in time and read about Davros' death so it was 'fixed' or some crap.

dr poo sucks

Of course there was. To lay off his mind from the burden he had from leaving him to the handmines.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree with that too. The idea is actually rubbish. The whole script was a Genesis fanfic.

He wasn't lying about dying. Rewatch the ep.

>Doctor meeting Davros as a child might be a good story

i think a child doctor meets child davros or child doctor meets young man before becoming crippled davros would have been more interesting.

But he couldn't do both, that's impossible. If Davros died as a kid he could not be 'dying' as an adult.

>would have been more interesting
But nothing could change. What value would there be in this?

>He wasn't lying about dying
Did he die? No. What proof is there that it's not all a lie?

the value of telling an good story in a chapter not yet explored? Not everything has to have long term ramifications

You just reminded me that we went the entire Matt Smith era with no Davros and no Master in sight! (The Master, IIRC, only got one single mention too.)

Your evasion says everything.

He didnt die because 12 saved him by touching the snakes.

> can u kill baby hitler
> good story
> an idea not yet explored

not a euphemism

>good story
What would the good story be?

New bread here:

what because I can't be arsed to think of a way a story like that would impact both in their older forms? I just want some entertaining stuff.

Why do you keep repeating this crap?

>why they didn't go down the other path of really hyping up his (Davros) return.

Hate to say it, but the casuals are bored with Daleks now.

Give Daleks a break for a couple of years (if possible, yeah I know about the rumored so called one ep per year with Daleks rule copyright stuff).

Because that's what happened in the episode.

Completely agreed.

Didn't do the Master or Davros any harm to not feature in Series 5, 6 and 7. It made it feel fresher when they came back.

There's nothing that indicates Davros would have 100% died from the handmines. The thing is: he left him on his own in a very dangerous situation, a child on a battlefield, in the middle of a war. He couldn't live with that.