DCUCKS BTFO HOLY SHIT

m.hitfix.com/harpy/supergirls-tyler-hoechlin-says-his-superman-wont-be-dark-and-brooding

>“It’s Superman as I think he was intended to be,” Hoechlin says of his version of the Supes, “which is just an incredible symbol of hope to kids that they can do anything, that they can be good people, and that good people can triumph over evil. You don’t have to be dark and brooding and always in this state of masculine toughness. He sits in that very hopeful and optimistic place that Kara tends to be in.”

TOXIC MASCULINITY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jVY2KwagyGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

superman is boring and i dont know why they make movies about him
symbol of hope or brooding edgemaster its always boring

Lol that's nice. Too bad supergirls viewers are dropping like flies cause it's trash

More like Zack Snyder btfo

>Jobberman opens mouth, garbage comes out

What else is new?

Dude carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.

This. Seriously, people complaining that he doesnt smile enough is literally the dumbest shit ever.

omggggggggg hes so cuuuuuuuuuuuteee i cant wait for the musical episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't they just make movies about a real comic hero...

like Shrek?

>I could be playing WOW right now

they want an infantile power fantasy.

people want childish Disney tier trash, not a serious exploration of a generally goofy genre.

Expressing the idea that one needs to be invulnerable in body and mind in order to remain hopeful for humanity causes people to bukakke you with money.

Did Shrek just take a fat ogre shit?

Sounds like this idiot wants to get fired

>infantile power fantasy
that's what superheroes are

Damn that toxic masculinity.

Tyler hoechlin confirmed nu male

I'm glad there won't be any toxic masculinity in this Superman.

>Brooding is masculine.

This is proof.

In 9 shots he wears the exact same expression.

Even after seeing almost 100 people explode or get burnt alive. He is utterly fucking vacant. Hell he doesn't even have any body language difference.

Cavil is alright, but his superman is shite.

how the fuck even a d-list tv actor gets Superman better than anybody at WB?

Maybe because thats what snyder called for when he was filming the scenes? And thats what the script called for?

Dont blame cavill for that, he did the best with what he was given.

so ... superman is a werewolf?

Batman's greatest strength (or "superpower") is his brains which is why he's called the greatest detective in the comics. But in BvsS, he is easily fooled and manipulated. He didn't even wonder where the notes/messages came from? This is the main reason why BvsS tasted like shite from an elephant suffering cancerous diarrhea.

Why cant superheroes be more than that? Is that such a bad thing?

because superhero fans are not soap opera fans. what's orgasmicly interesting to one group is mindnumbingly boring to the other but producers insert soap opera into everything to attract soap fans so that they can increase viewers and profits. if it's real sci-fi, soap fans find it boring. if it's soap-opera like smallville post-season-2 or supergirl or twilight or vampire diaries, sci-fi fans find it boring.

they can be but the tone and essence of the character should be respected, look for example at the excellent Superman 1978

>blacked

>supergirl
Who gives a shit?

>Who gives a shit?

we all do, idiot. shitting is a biological imperative, dumbass.

reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=jVY2KwagyGE

supergirl is targeted written for lesbian teengirls and effeminate the-devil-wears-prada-fanfagboys so lez-girls and femme-homos give a shit

that was harambe's face when he saw the shooter aiming at him "uh-oh playing with boy was mistake"

>that they can do anything, that they can be good people, and that good people can triumph over evil.
So exactly like DCEU Superman?

So Superman is a nu-male now? Fuck off cuck.

Too bad Kara's main character trait is that she's darker than Clark and much more violent and out of control. Pretty stupid of the show to just make her girl Superman.

supergirl/kara (and her "sisterly" relationship with older sis) is baitcandy for lesbian girls and devil-wears-prada-meryl-streep-clone is bitch-icon for drag-queen gays

>you don't have to be always in this state of masculine toughness
what did he mean by this

>tfw cavill will never sit on your face

That's what I meant.

I assume that its the fault of the script or Synder, I think Cavil seems bro-tier and charismatic. But he's given ZERO room to work that angle.

Yes, i get it, they're doing something different in this version, but holy fuck I don't think that their vision utterly EXCLUDES any semblance of humanity from Superman. The only glimpses you really get of it are of him and Lois Lane. But imo this doesn't work well because:
A) She's his partner
B) Every single scene they share is related to the plot. This might sound like a good thing, but what it means is that its ALWAYS sharing or being second fiddle to other elements. You don't get to see Superman's humanity as its own scene for its own sake, on its own terms, it is implicitly minimized by not being deemed worth its own screen time.

At least that's my take on it. That's only one element of the movie, and there are redeeming features, but i think they dropped the ball.

it's a nice polite way of saying cavill has only one acting mode: look grim angry

>cast....

>The definition of cherrypicking.jpg
Aight.