Jonah Hill Retweeted

>Jonah Hill Retweeted

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiophone
youtu.be/UzlJ7kKdHcw?t=193
youtube.com/watch?v=TpBcwGOvO80
youtube.com/watch?v=hmLEUuocUi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jesus christ, I can just imagine him locked in a hotel room crying and stuffing his face with subway googling himself all day

This is just about the gayest personal problem in the world. Being an actor isn't even a real skill, yet he's bitching about not being taken seriously.

Also let's be real, he's never had an impressive performance - it's always been serviceable at best with the writing doing the real heavy lifting (Moneyball).

>Being an actor isn't even a real skill
you are retarded user.

How so? People have lucrative careers because of it. And not everybody is good at it.

Tell that to the self important cunt actresses who think they're being role models for the world.

Belive me, bitches would be up in arms if this Jonah Hill was Lena Dunham.

> Being an actor isn't even a real skill

lol

Jealous & Envious much?

(((jewna shill)))

Do you even use twitter? Everyone does it, actors, athletes, musicians

kek how's that acting career working out, gotten any decent extra roles in car commercials recently?

>"He is not Seth Rogen, although people sometimes confuse the two men, which feels vaguely anti-Semitic given that they look nothing alike."

muh anti-semitism

>using the same type of response as "lol u mad" when someone makes a valid point

Post discarded

acting is probably the most useful skill you can have in life.

>Most famous people have a thin oleaginous layer of social grace that tops a bottomless well of impatience to get their press duties over with, but Hill seemed to be in no particular hurry to do anything, except lose at Ping-Pong.

>While his serve is 90 percent unreturnable and his backhand is evil, Hill’s forehand is unreliable. Midway through Round 1 an employee popped his head in and asked for the score. “Fourteen to 20,” Hill replied. “She’s winning.”

The guy scoffed. “You’re losing to a girl?”

>“That’s not a very feminist attitude, my friend,” Hill said.

>“Does that make you mad?” he asked, after the employee left. “It’s not the dumb outlook that bothers me. It’s that he expects me to share that sentiment. He expects me to be like, ‘Yeah, I’m really embarrassed that a girl is beating me.’”

muh feminism

What happens when you realize you are the butt monkey of your crew?

What did you do to get out of that role?

I beg to differ, acting is fucking hard let alone acting well.

>Guys i'm good at pretending to be someone else. Why aren't y'all taking me seriously?

Jonah actually is a good actor, but damn he is thin skinned.

In terms of artistic skills I'd like to have, acting is at the bottom of the fucking barrel. I'd rather be good at painting, music composition, even fucking poetry over acting. It's the same reason writing is a gay "skill" -- it's something everyone can already do. Acting is just making the expressions and gestures you already make in everyday life. You don't "make it" in acting by being good at it, you do so by being attractive and in the right place at the right time. You get paid for it not due to skill, but due to appearance and how many people your name will draw into theaters.

There are a handful of people who can actually act, doing convincing impressions and making you believe they're someone else. However, 98% of actors just say the line with the right intonation and expression before cashing their check and moving to the next role. And that's what Jonah Hill does.

Honestly, I think prostitution might even be better at acting. At least giving a great blowjob takes practice.

Cause he has manchild mannerisms. No god damned charm. He also has a really fucking grating voice. No one gets excited when they see Jonah Hill. It's just "Oh it's that guy"

better than acting* fuck

Well it does have to stretch around a lot of fat.

>It's the same reason writing is a gay "skill" -- it's something everyone can already do
is this b8

ehh acting in movies is different from acting IRL, if you're talking about presenting the right image and being able to manipulate people. For movies you have to act for the camera, act to people who aren't even there, act with green screens, etc. You might also be doing the same thing over and over again, but it's not like you can redo a conversation with a girl.

>It's the same reason writing is a gay "skill"
>it's something everyone can already do. Acting is just making the expressions and gestures you already make in everyday life. You don't "make it" in acting by being good at it
>At least giving a great blowjob takes practice

You're actually an idiot, just thought I'd put that out there.

It's true. If somebody says they're a writer, they're usually shit. That's because it's an entry-level art form that everyone and their mother tries their hand at at some point. There's no need to learn anything, you can just do it. And sure, there are some really great writers, but the ease at which you can call yourself a writer makes it unimpressive.

Compare it to say, drawing, something that absolutely requires practice and skill or everyone will know how shit you are. It's a comparative rarity, which is why drawfags get bombarded with requests while "writefags" are just pathetic. And acting is like writing except babies and children can do it. We've had borderline retarded people win the Academy Award for best actor.

Sure, you can call yourself an artist if you're an actor. And the guy who plays the triangle can call himself a musician.

not an argument

>he thinks he can give a good blowjob without practice
faggot

>arguing

I'm not arguing, I'm stating a fact.

There are fucking loads of terrible artists out there in all mediums you cretin.

You think drawing is more impressive then writing? What a Truly terrible opinion.

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Jonah Hill has proved himself as no joke. Why isn't he taken seriously as a dramatic actor?

ART SCHOOL FIIIIIIIIGHT

>something 99% of the population can do is more impressive than something 10% of the population can do
autism

i'm sure your "being literate" act will earn a big applause at the talent show

I didn't say that

>at least
that's what I was refering to

i had a fat friend as a kid that was into drama, he acted in plays, studied drama in school, it was his dream to be a big actor. we used to laugh at him all the time because even when we were 12 we knew that screen acting was more about looking good than your ability to "act," something we had little knowledge of anyways.

jonah hill is a fat clown. there's nothing wrong with that, somebody has to play the fat clown, the nerd, the whore, we can't all be leading men, but he's also in denial about it which is sad.

this guy reminds me so much of my old friend its scary.

he isn't though, he just plays himself

This guy calls himself an actor, but I bet he can't even cry on command.

Lol look how you construct a sentence? Clearly not every can "write." By that I mean write well. If we apply your logic to drawing, it's not an impressive skill because any moron can draw a stick figure.

Writing WELL is what's admirable. If you read more you'd understand what I mean.

But no, you're just trying to bait and flame this thread.

>Clearly not every can "write"
lol

But seriously, are you saying that every skill is of equal difficulty to develop? Are you saying that they're all equally impressive? That seems pretty fucking dumb to me.

I am saying that among those who say "I can draw" and "I can write/act" there will be more people who can draw well in the former group than people who can write/act well in the latter groups.

Children doodle all the time, scribbling kittens doesn't make them fantastic artists just because of the medium.

Yea I forgot a word.

Not at all. People say they're a writer because it's a sexy profession and one which someone can actually make a living and substantively contribute to the world we live in.

People who draw are hobbyists. I am not including artists in this category. I connotate "drawing" to people drawing fucking anime in their notebook.

when a lot of your career revolves around gaining the approval of people and likely being the butt of just as many jokes. I can imagine it takes its toll.

how well you're able to convince someone to pay you for something is not a good metric for how much you "contributed to the world", whatever the fuck that lofty concept even means

>he's a bad liar

Kek enjoy never being able to juggle two or more romantic relationships loser

Based Hill, what's wrong with this? Sounds like that other guy was being an immature little fucktard and Jonah rightfully shut him down. Good stuff.

Most actresses are prostitutes so you have something there.

>he's the "nice guy".
I bet that other dude plowed the shit out of that chick later.

>entire career based on fatty make a boom boom
>why don't people take me seriously

He was pretty good in Wolf of Wall Street, however he played a fat greedy idiot in that movie, which was perfect for him.

Every actor/musician/whateverthefuck retweets articles about themselves. It's marketing.

Most of them give Twitter access to their agents/assistants so they aren't stuck doing it all day.

@Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)23:53:09 No.74409109

I think it's a bit harsh to say he is a butt monkey. Are you saying this because of the interview in France? That was just a minor hiccup and we all have our embarrassing moments. Don't you?

Jonah Hill actually has some very close and valuable friendships in Hollywood and beyond. DiCaprio, Pitt, Eisenberg, Franco only to mention a few. They don't just interact with Jonah when he is filming, they do all sorts of activities with him including shopping, partying etc.

You all took the b8

>At least giving a great blowjob takes practice.
You'd know :^)

>@Anonymous 09/16/16(Fri)23:53:09 No.74409109

Nigga...

Its not though. Even the great Robert Mitchum said in an interview, he had the easiest job in the world and didnt understand why others made such a big deal about it, he said something along the lines of, "I show up, say my lines, hit my marks and go home, thats it."

Its funny cuz he was hailed as being this great actor but he didnt care.

fans are really weirds sometimes

must be hard for him. he wants to be taken seriously, yet Hollywood keeps offering him comedy roles that pay better.

This is funny as fuck after reading about Jonah more.

>jonah is desperate for recognition and respect
>probably fantasizes about people asking for his autograph
>leo pulls this shit

Then there's Brad Pitt saying that he's not a serious actor. It's like they know exactly how to crush his spirits. Good stuff.

He will never not be the butt monkey

He was the butt monkey in high school.
He was the butt monkey in college.

And now he is the butt monkey as a 30 year old man.

Written by Molly Young. The writer who can be bribed to write anything. How much would you bet that Jonah paid her to write that?

Would getting married make him look serious and be more respected?

hahahah what?
Have you tried acting before? No, of course not. Why are you making such bold statements about shit you know nothing about?

he'll be ok, r-right guys?

not on his own command, at least

Pretty much. This is going into suicide watch territory.

>but the ease at which you can call yourself a writer makes it unimpressive

Does that matter? If someone is a bad writer but still wants to refer to themselves as a writer, does that mean that there is no skill in writing? Wouldn't the skill come into being a "great writer" which you acknowledge the existence of?

I'm just struggling to see your point here. It's not a skill because by your standards most people suck at it? By the way, writing really isn't that easy. What we see on the screen has already filtered through millions of terribly written screenplays. I think you're judging this shit based off how you imagine it, and you've never actually tried any of these creative skills you're talking about.

And yeah less intelligent people win Academy Awards sometimes, acting is partially a natural talent and intelligence is not always a prerequisite.

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

>playing pretend in front of a camera is a real skill
even 3year olds can manage to do it just fine

>99% of the population can write

Are you part of that 1%

Do you even know what syntax is?

>It's the same reason writing is a gay "skill" -- it's something everyone can already do

>It's true. If somebody says they're a writer, they're usually shit. That's because it's an entry-level art form that everyone and their mother tries their hand at at some point. There's no need to learn anything, you can just do it. And sure, there are some really great writers, but the ease at which you can call yourself a writer makes it unimpressive.

How am I supposed anything you dipshits say on this site seriously anymore when people unironically believe this?

Sure, acting is a really pretentious career and isn't an actual "skill" (the majority of old-school actors will agree with this statement), but writing?

The reason writing is a "skill" is because it involves intelligence to write well. You scribbling jerk off material onto paper is writing, but it's shitty writing. Anyone can call themselves an actor, a writer, an electrician, a carpenter, and literally anything that's a skill by doing the bare minimum, but only those who excel at it are the ones skilled in it.

Are you seriously this fucking stupid?

Please tell me this was bait.

>Compare it to say, drawing, something that absolutely requires practice and skill or everyone will know how shit you are

Like-wise, it's exactly the same with writing.

How dense are you?

Maybe I wasn't being clear.

1. Some skills are easier to get to the level of "passable" than others. It would be easier to become a passable triangle player than it would be to become a passable pianist or theremin player.
2. It is easier to get to the level of "passable" in acting and writing than it is to get to the level of "passable" in other skills such as drawing or music composition.
3. Therefore, acting is less deserving of respect than other skills.

If you wanna disagree with number 2, go ahead. But I don't think acting isn't worthy of the respect Jonah so desperately craves. Moreover, those who succeed in it usually do so for reasons totally unrelated to their level of skill in acting. I really thought Cred Forums would be way more cynical about this. Plumber is a more respectable occupation than actor, particularly one as mediocre as Jonah.

Jonah Hill isn't even a particularly unattractive guy. He's also famous and not enormously overweight.

I'm sure there's plenty of women out there willing to bang him.

dude calm down lol

I'm saying that you can get the level of passable in acting and writing fairly easily. And I think you can get by as an actor with only "passable" performance. But I acknowledge it takes a lot of skill to succeed as a writer.

> Some skills are easier to get to the level of "passable" than others. It would be easier to become a passable triangle player than it would be to become a passable pianist or theremin player.

Lol, just because you make an equivalency, doesn't actually mean that your equivalency is valid, or even relevant. What's next, a food analogy?

REALISTICALLY speaking, the triangle is an idiophone, and you're skill would be in idiophone playing, thus, a triangle player would be a shitty idiophone player.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiophone

Which can be even harder than learning the piano. The fact that you're having trouble grasping the concept of a multi-level skill already gives me the idea you scored within a very low percentile of your state in terms of Writing ability and have a very big ego problem, or you're something useless like a mechanic. Here's a tip, going onto youtube and looking up how to fix something won't fix bad writing. If you want to make analogies, how about that one.

>2

Music composition and drawing are both learned skills, like writing. If someone like Kanye West can compose a song, so can literally anyone on the planet.

In fact, what's hilarious is, he may be a great music composer, but he's a fucking awful writer.

>therefore acting is less deserving of respect than other skills

Acting and writing are completely different mediums.

I can't believe I'm even having this discussion. Plato is spinning in the afterlife.

>I'm saying that you can get the level of passable in acting and writing fairly easily

This statement only proves that you're horrible at writing.

Every single time I've ever heard someone say something similar to this, they're always garbage at writing, and get super defensive about any corrections I offer, and then get butthurt when their professor hands them a C.

It's literally laughable.

>Don't worry about it...
thats one JUST answer...

Passable writing is writing that gets the job done. That is the only standard it needs to meet, not pleasing your faggy english-major ass. 90% of the posts in this thread were passable because they unambiguously met that standard. And passable acting is acting that doesn't distract the average viewer with how bad it is. That's not setting the bar very high either.

And I already made clear that I believe you can succeed with passable acting but not passable writing.

>Passable writing is writing that gets the job done.

>gets the job done

Boy it sure is easy to be a mechanic then, because I can just do this and it's passable.

That's not passable.

>Passable writing is writing that gets the job done

I'm failing to see your point here, because (if you had better writing skill, you'd probably be able to express yourself better) literally any "passable" skill is a skill that gets the job done.

>That is the only standard it needs to meet

The only standard ANY skill needs to meet, really.

>not pleasing your faggy english-major ass.

Professional Writing is actually my second degree I'm working on, lol, but it's nice to know you're an insecure little shit though.

>90% of the posts in this thread were passable because they unambiguously met that standard

Wrong usage of words, no idea what you're trying to say. Not even memeing at this point about writing, what the fuck do you mean they "unambiguously met that standard"?

>And passable acting is acting that doesn't distract the average viewer with how bad it is

Except, really bad acting is also entertaining. So where are you going with this?

How so? The man who was pulled over for driving seemed to be driving just fine, being pulled over only because the cop noticed he was missing his steering wheel.

>i'm drunk bro can you drive me home?

>Professional Writing is actually my second degree
>what the fuck do you mean they "unambiguously met that standard"?

>is bad at writing

>tries to cover it with memes to make himself not look like an idiot

Check your thesaurus buddy, come on, I know you can do it.

You know what unambiguously means, right?

>not open to more than one interpretation

Lol, a fucking VO-Tech reject is trying to teach ME about writing, this is fucking hilarious.

go to bed gene

>not posting this yet

3:13

The look on his face says it all

youtu.be/UzlJ7kKdHcw?t=193

Man doesn't that weirdo have any respect for Hill's privacy

Shouldn't you be out with your friends right now Jonah? It's Friday night.

he's gonna kill himself isn't he
i actually unironically liked his movies
including superbad

>Pitt
it'd be more convincing without mentioning him.

Awww, you went too far, now it's too obvious it's bait. Still, you hooked a lot of them, good on you.

Does anyone else miss the Jonah Hill subway memes?

I think it's time to bring them back.

No, it's not. Acting well, and adopting a character believably sure as shit is though.

Is he a pelican? Does he have a goiter?
Wtf, how much of his fat goes to his neck?

This.
Shall we have a pool?

His roles are alright but he doesn't have much to do with it.
I don't hate the guy like I do someone like Sandler, I'm just saying, I wouldn't miss him if he didn't exist.

The JUST level he's at is pretty funny though.

What was your first degree?

so what happened to your fat friend?

>tfw I am the butt monkey

>Tatum O'Neal became the youngest Oscar winner in history, picking up the Best Supporting Actress trophy at the tender age of 10 for her role as strong-willed tomboy Addie in Paper Moon (1973)

Yep, real hard user.

7:10 "You were forced on us by the studio"

Jesus christ.

This is fucking sad

I can't believe Cred Forums defend him

>literally crying inside
>OKAY!
im fucking dying

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>waiting for Brad to say "just kidding" or laugh to imply it was a joke
>he doesn't

Fuuuuuuuuug

why not give the role to a good underrated actor that wont eat your entire buffet?

Actors on suicide watch

this is some 'kanye west not breaking into the fashion industry'-tier shit

just stick to what you do best my man

holy shit I never watched it past the "serious actor" part before, nigga got shit on twice in 5 minutes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HELLO Z-LISTERS AHAHAHAHAHAAH

Nah those are actually the butthurt """""""A""""""" Listers

I like him a lot but he's not a good actor by any means.
Also he'll snort all your coke, you're better off with Jonah from a money pov.

Which is actually more hilarious because Seth Rogen can actually be entertaining.

Jonah had that one role. One. Which coincidentally was written by fuckin' Rogen.

Will Jonah Hill become the next JUSTed actor?

> This isn’t Fleury’s first controversy, either, despite the fact that she’s only been in her job for two weeks: On her opening night, she addressed co-host Brigitte Boreale—who’s transgender—as “Lady-Gentleman,” and joked that she wanted to have a threesome with her.

I know this is Cred Forums but she sounds like a mean-spirited cunt. One of those obnoxious girls who tells horrible jokes but thinks she's hilarious because men wanting sex laugh at them.

He never really was unJUST.

When has acting on the big screen ever helped get anyone survive the apocalypse or get through times of great social collapse?

None. Acting is about as useless as skill as you can get, have you ever specced yourself an acting character in fallout? high charisma/low intelligence, not very good at all.

i survived the apocalypse by acting

Fat men have it worse than fat women. At least fat women have 10 billion Tumblr fat support blogs they can read to boost their self-esteem while eating Haagen Daaz.

>pay a PR firm to seed an article in the times
>retweet it as if you had nothing to do with it

ENOUGH

Don't worry, fat men have millions of Americans.

I feel bad for him. He's not really a bad actor (though I doubt he could do a really serious scene).

He'll probably be typecast for the rest of his career until he commits suicide at age 45.

i always thought being an 'actor' was really more about networking and who you know rather than actual skill.

He literally has no acting talent and has never been funny.

He's basically me incarnate

Jesus christ hahah

He literally CANT act

youtube.com/watch?v=TpBcwGOvO80

acting isn't a skill, it's a talent

you have it or you don't

It's leo dicaprio pranking jonah

>Writing WELL is what's admirable. If you read more you'd understand what I mean.

>Lol look how you construct a sentence?

>Clearly not every can "write."

>somebody else writes an article about it

>he's bitching about

>shitpostingisn't a skill, it's a talent
>you have it or you don't

youtube.com/watch?v=hmLEUuocUi4

If he was a talented actor, why was it so obvious that the weather girl hurt his feelings?

Checkmate.

kys

>That's not passable.
>2016
>Not wrenching it to save money on steering wheels
get a load of this goof

requires no skill? have you not seen team america? they put their lives on the line

>both fat
>both barbate
>both appear in many of the same films, and same kinds of films, filling a particular niche
>both are just untalented enough that many people will remember their names, but not remember which is which

anudda shoah!

Best post desu.

because he's fat and short

Jonah Hill got famous because he was friends with Dustin Hoffman's daughter. He's lucky Hollywood ever cast him as anything other than "fat virgin #2."

m8, I act happy every single day for years, when inside my soul is crushed and I constantly dream of suicide.

It isn't that hard to be a good actor.

They were bannable at their peak

>laughing french whores
Shame about Paris...

That's worse than the recent interview and the "serious actor" comment combined. How did we miss this?

>"I'd leave indeed, I wouldn't want to be in the cross fire when your muslim terrorists shoot the entire bedroom for indecent behavior!"
There, wasn't that hard.

yeah they were like guerilla threads, in and out as quickly as possible.

Does Brad Pitt consider himself a serious actor? He's a generic action star. Discout Tom Cruise.

I'm lost here... Is it only fatties getting triggered here? She made a shit joke but who cares he should be bigger than that.

Wait, he is

Cred Forums has the best and coziest memes, I love this place

what

plot-twist

>he was the fat "friend"

we're defending him because he was trapped into being humiliated by french cunts that literally cheered at a whore's heartless joke.

>See? See how "progressive" I am?
Goddamn these pathetic fucks try so hard to impress each other.

It requires talent. Sometimes, talented people have autism and don't understand how others can't do what they can do easily.

Just because some autist actor said acting was easy doesn't mean it is. A lot of people (including most actors) literally can't act believably.

>actresses
Women aren't good actors because they suck at layering or hiding emotions in real life.

>150+ replies still

What a surprise, Cred Forums is tumblr

No, you're defending him because the joke hit too close to home.

I don't really see what his problem was. He is rich and famous so he should be able to fuck genuine 10/10s any day of the week. Women are shallow whores who will do anything to try hook a rich guy.
If anything, he should have just went out partying, taken a picture of himself with several young hot girls and uploaded it to twitter with the message "feel free to upload a picture of yourself with Brad and Leo". Instead, he acted like a sperglord.

>all these triggered z-listers

Acting is literally not even fair to call a job, no matter how much money you pour into your acting classes you WILL go nowhere

same reason why Sasha Grey isn't considered a serious actress.
if you do one thing for 10 years and get famous for it, you can't just channel your fame into something else.

why don't these cunts get that? they have to start from scratch and make a ton of movies with serious roles to prove themselfs. 2-3 flicks are not enough.

This more than anything triggered Cred Forums hard.
This is what tumblerina tears taste like you titanic tards.

he was already sort of a sub-meme on Cred Forums before this happened, it's not surprising there's so many responses

geddit? :^)

the reason nobody loves you for real is because you're shit at acting and they can tell

just kidding user get help

This. Being a good actor is not a skill. This is true of any artistic endeavor: it's all a bullshit popularity contest. Acting is probably the most shallow of all, because 90% of it is looking pretty or handsome. Who is a good actor and who is a bad actor is completely arbitrary.

Compare that to, say, fixing a car. If a mechanic can reliably fix cars, they are a good mechanic. If they can't, they are a bad mechanic. Fixing a car is a real skill. Acting is just "who's popular" bullshit.

>tfw you will never enjoy a bottle of hot sauce with sasha grey

seriously thought this was supposed to be the intro to lame fanfic

>...served on the edge of a toilet seat

JUST

>tfw Jonah is taller than Angelina

So that's how I'd look standing next to an actress my height

fuck you
there is a very perceivable difference between good and bad writers. a very small part of the population can write things worth reading or saying