Does anyone else think Sam would be funnier if he dropped the ironic schtick

Does anyone else think Sam would be funnier if he dropped the ironic schtick

Answer the door OP

i don't think he wants to make himself even less funny

its the opposite, hes not breaking any ground the way hes going, but he tried to be a more traditional comic he would succeed.

but dad sam hyde's hilarious

He'd be funnier if he dropped the terrorism

The only funny thing he ever did was that Ted Talk and literally any comedian could have done the same parody because TED is dog shit.

I've NEVER understood the whole "dude Sam Hyde/MDE is the pinnacle of ironic comedy!", or talking about layers of irony and all that shit.

Whenever someone talks like this, I automatically assume they are either a hardcore lefty who can't deal with someone disagreeing with their viewpoints, or they know nothing about comedy.

The word they're looking for is satire. All of his videos where he stands in front of his mirror and mocks gamers/people with bowl cuts/school kids/soldiers/tumblr, all of his comedy shows where he pretends to be a refugee or a prison guard, or when he portray Officer Maggot, it's satire. Sure he's being ironic in that he's not actually that character, but if you're going to call that ironic comedy then you should call literally any movie in which an actor portrays a character who does something that actor may disagree with top tier irony.

It makes no sense at all and it never has. I don't know if it's because a lot of people just don't know what irony is, or if they just can't stand that he disagrees with their viewpoints.

Who the hell is this guy? Why am I seeing him posted here so frequently all of a sudden? Why do I hate his face so much?

>Why do I hate his face so much?
Because he's more handsome than you

But that's literally all he has, and he's not funny either way. The literal retards who frequent the board think he's speaking to them directly, when he's making fun of their hillbilly bullshit by means of rather transparent irony.
What a collection of numpties, really.

Sam Hyde

He's got the first pro-white show on tv. which is on adult swim

His face is quite the conundrum. Its incredibly disturbing and ugly yet I can't stop staring at it.

You have it right but everything is backwards in your post. It's not leftists who think he is a master of irony it's young conservatives who think he is being a master ruse man to the other side. When in reality his comedy is pretty transparently reactionary and he makes clear what an idiot he is in every interview.

Maybe we have different experiences but I have always seen people talk about how he's trying to be ironic about his reactionary views, that the whole anti-gay standup, the refugee standup, and so on were just standup sets packed with literal "layers of irony" and that it was to mock what the right thought of those issues by pretending to be doing an act that someone on the right would do to mock those on the left.

That's been my experience from everyone I know who's seen his stuff, and a lot of posts on here.

That said I can easily see how the right could think the same thing, that his simple satire is just multilayered irony. That's also very stupid.

fuck this made me laugh
>you look nice today hun
>aww thanks
>where'd you get those?
>[shit eating grin] You know I went to ROSS

nice reddit essay

Thanks!

In the anti-gay standup I think Sam was taking shots at both the left and the right. I don't think he wrote the anti-gay rant, it looks like something he just printed out from Conservapedia or some other far right website. I think he was mocking the absurdity of someone who actually believes the stuff in the rant but at the same time I think he knew he would be able to clear out a room of smug New York liberals who thought their twitter stand up event was cutting edge by reading it as though he was being serious, and thought that was funny.

The goal of almost all of his "live performances" before he started doing open mics was to go up with some absurd presentation and see how many people stuck around to the end. See An Inconvenient Anime, the TED Talk and that time he advertised himself as Jennifer Anniston at some other college.

I think he believed a lot of it judging by his other anti gay videos (message to my future gay son), but I think the ultimate point was not about gays, it was about how much propaganda is out there, and how people force so many of their political opinions into things that should just be comedy.

ROSS

>message to my future gay son
Very clear satire of insecure dads.

Explain how
All of his other long videos are serious, and his other dad video is much more clearly satire.

dads being insecure that their sons will become beta faggots who won't have kids and a wife? yeah what a riot!

Guy needs to get a hitler youth haircut, he looks like a fucking clown rn imo

Pointing out the absurdity just like in the anti gay video. Which other dad video are you talking about? Sam has a lot of videos about being a disappointment to your parents.

>ironic

what's going on big guy?

>ironic

is this the new literally?