filmfreeway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9me9LnddN9jRW9VRW9XWURma1U/view
discord.gg/ZeVes
youtube.com/watch?v=nLSUrTxquyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I become famous immediately so I don't need to finish high school

just lost slamdance screenplay competition ama

god i was supposed to write a bunch this week but i got sick so i've just been doing nothing, fuck me

What was your idea about?

That's no excuse.

You'll give me shit for not saying especially since it didn't qualify in the first place but I really don't wanna say on an anonymous message board. It's a high concept teleplay with a (I think) fairly original premise but not so much so that it'd be an unfamiliar genre to audiences. It deals with the afterlife is all I'll say.

Alright man

I don't have 40 hours to give people.

dollars*

Is it worth writing/storyboarding for shit I never expect to make, just for practice? Or should I take that time to put more effort into improving what I do plan on making?

Is this the same one you've talked about for the last few threads? Most anons who lurk these threads would know what it's about desu.

>Is it worth writing/storyboarding for shit I never expect to make
Why not make it?

Not entertaining or interesting enough, and definitely not worth the effort.

One particular one I had in mind was about two roommates who get a menu from a newly opened local pizza shop. Except the menu doesn't have prices on it. So the roommates decide to order everything off the menu. We're dropped into the story when a third friend comes in at the very end of the menu shenanigans, and the roommates only have Anchovie Pizza left. They do a lot of dumb shit to try to avoid actually eating Anchovie Pizza that doesn't work.

I don't think it'd be entertaining or good enough to actually make but it's an idea I had and I'd like practice stretching out my ideas before I move on to my pet projects.

I wrote this a while ago:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B9me9LnddN9jRW9VRW9XWURma1U/view

It's shit mostly cause it's my first attempt at a screenplay and it's first draft. I'm aware of a number of issues but all of the critique I got was in an isolated thread and I never got any feedback from /swg/.

I'm sorry but I have to be going soon so when I get back, I wanna see some great feedback for an amateur """screenwriter""" like myself and other anons (especially other anons).

Thanks in advance.

Go ahead, user. It might help you when it comes to composition.

so I'm currently working on the Cred Forums movie whoever was in thread remembers I posted some of it.

I'm going for a dark comedy Harmony Korine vibe. It's mostly going to be a lot of talky scenes since half the film is two guys sitting in front of the computer.

But I have an idea for the ending to be a mass murder ritual suicide. Hopefully it plays out like the ending to Springbreakers.

anyway when I'm finish I will post a PDF link in this thread if the OP is okay with it.

also considering posting it on reddit /r/screenwriting since Max Landis is there and he might read it.

oi

discord.gg/ZeVes

editing for weeks now

also I'm 5 pages in but going for at least 30/60 pages.

if anyone has any advice please add. basic plot is about two guys who shit post on Cred Forums. One of them is an alpha and the other a fat beta.

The alpha finds out his gf is cheating on him with a black guy, this triggers him and he plans his revenge on her. He hacks her fb account and posts nudes of her online, while the NEET buys guns online via darkweb market sites, the two plan to shoot up the local mall and kill all the normies.

the alpha guy kills his gf and her parents, he butchers them to death and rapes her.

they later on charge into a mall wearing v for vendetta guy fawks mask and shoot up the place with assault riffles. The movie ends with them shooting each other in the head and a police squad showing up.

also just for fun I'm going to add that the beta NEET posts a thread on r9k telling people not to show up at the mall tomorrow.

thoughts?

like I said that's the plot for most of it, the rest is just filler showing the two guys shit posting and there are a few sex scenes because fuck it I want to make it hard R and you need to show tits/ass.

looks cool. post progress

I don't know how else to do a Cred Forums movie that's not about moot or Hiro and the creation of it like The Social Network.

This is the only thing I could think of that would work. Just posting this in here because there was a thread yesterday about making a Cred Forums movie that inspired me to do this.

this sounds like a chanwook park film

actually going for a Harmony Korine vibe like Springbreakers familla.

i can see it already

good luck man, i love that concept.

>Most of my ideas are adaptations or remakes
Should I kill myself now or later?

yeah it's still pretty rough and only 5 pages in but that's what I'm going for.

hopefully my writing isn't so shit and it ends up being somewhat good or interesting. like I said can't think of another way to do a Cred Forums movie without it just being boring or about moot.

Never.

so i guess it's basically going to be a dark comedy/revenge thriller.

i guess that's a good plot for a Cred Forums movie?

I saw a movie a long time ago that stuck with me. It was a vampire movie and it touched upon the idea that vampires are like any other persecuted minority in history and that really they aren't as bad as the stereotypes they just want to have normal lives. And so I want to make a movie about a dude who gets infected with vampirism and instead of it being about vampires trying to kill humans or the bloodlust, it's about learning to live with vampirism like an illness or std and it's going to be a funny take on stds kinda by having him contract it by being bitten during sex. I want to Have the movie be more about going through life and the awkward challenges of life now that he's a vampire. With that idea it sounds better suited for a miniseries

Also I was thinking of having them be vampires that can go out in the sun and it doesn't kill them it just kinda annoys the shit out of them. I was going to use the idea of living vamps can do that and undead ones are the real baddies with red eyes and an endless bloodlust

I'm not solid on the main conflict though. I was thinking perhaps on the idea of two newbie vampire hunters keep stalking the protagonist thinking he's one of the douchebag undead vamps and in the end almost killing him but he turns them into vampires and realizes that now he has spread the disease and has to care for those two new vamps and help them adjust so they don't bumble around like he did.

Thoughts? I have a good amount of the early scenes planned I'm just uncertain on the last 2/3rds

???

also my idea for the cast of the Cred Forums dark comedy/revenge thriller movie

David - Jonah Hill
Chad - Zac Efron
Stacy - Emma Roberts
Jerome - Donald Glover

edgy.

a movie about Cred Forums has to be edgy user

Is this the sniffer?

I like the premise

Had an idea for a horror comedy that works in the vein of Too Many Cooks or Unedited Footage Of a Bear; that is, a seemingly bland and unoriginal office space ripoff that slowly gets more disturbing when you realize that the MC works in their Human Resources department which tortures both employee and rival business alike by chaining them to a wall in a dirty bathroom and forcing them to kill each other to find a way out.

I figure I could probably do this on a limited budget, but I'd also have to hire actual actors and actually work on my craft. If done right this could be my fucking breakout though.

I'm back. And no one gave me any feedback on my screenplay at What gives?

Why is there an iOS version of Scrivener but no Android app? What the fucking hell? So now I have to buy an iPhone to use Scrivener on my phone? What the fuck were those guys thinking?

Not really, no.

I would've read it if it wasn't an episode spec for X-Files. Not that it's a bad show, I just have zero interest in episode specs for existing properites in general.

Fair enough. But will you read my original works?

>"I can't help with that, that's all you to figure out"

Why are friends such assholes? You can't develop good ideas with your just your own thoughts, I need input, inspiration.

Part of what makes this difficult to critique is that I've never seen The X-Files. So, I have no idea how far you get away with certain cliches -- and that's just with plot and characterization. Bad writing cliches might be more or less acceptable due to what the show has standardized, too.

Off the bat, you could work on formatting. Voiceover indicators go on the same line as the character name. That is, don't do

>PATRICK
>
>(V.O.)

but rather, do

>PATRICK (V.O.)

As for content:

Not a fan of this voiceover usage in the intro sequence. But then again, I don't know if it's acceptable by X-Files standards. Nonetheless, it'd be a bitch to film this, since what little descriptions/actions we see aren't supported by what the character is saying to himself.

And I'll leave it at that. Gonna have to agree with .

The website I use to write with helps with/somewhat automates the layout so it came out strangely. I noticed the mistake it made that you mentioned and it annoys me too.

But the voice-over itself? Patrick did voice-overs all the time in American Psycho so I'd want to keep that in.

>Nonetheless, it'd be a bitch to film this, since what little descriptions/actions we see aren't supported by what the character is saying to himself.
Good tip, I'll now know to add actions alongside extensive V.O.s describing events.

Thanks for the input.

What makes something pretentious to you? When do you know that you're being pretentious?

Also, a second note, narrations are normal in The X-Files. They're mostly in the form of intellectual ramblings by the main characters about existentialism and stuff like that like their reading from a philosophical book so I think I'm in the clear.

>I create film and talk about it on Cred Forums dot org

waht camera is i suppoze to buy

youtube.com/watch?v=nLSUrTxquyE

Look at the Google Docs link in the OP