Why did this get cancelled?

I don't know. It was pretty interesting after the first episode. Yeah, season 1 was going monster of the week, but they had an overall story arc that would've been developed in the upcoming seasons.

Don't know. I'm pissed this got cancelled

It was meh, only good part was the actor

Because they replaced a beautifull blonde girl who's a big part on John's early character development for a nigress because in the UK its not allowed to hire white heterosexual people.

I really like the atmosphere of the show. It looked very beautiful for an NBC show.
Like Hannibal in a way, it separated itself from their other shows shot so dull and bland like Blindspot, The Blacklist, The Player, etc.

It was actually too similar to the source material. People just wanted the movie.

The character (played by the same actor) shows up on Arrow though. Shit like that, and the Supergirl acquisition, really makes me respect the superhero division of CW. They understand fanservice, even if they don't know how to make good television.

no one watched it

>beautiful blonde girl

You mean the fucking child?

Fuck off.

Because Keanu Reeves wasn't in it.

>Why did this get cancelled?
Because NBC is shit now.
>tfw rewatching the series
>The Devil's Vinal
>opening is X-Files levels of brutal
God damn it this was a great show.

Also, I think they put it on a Friday 9pm slot with little to no advertisement. LIKE CBS DID WITH CHAOS!

Yeah, Friday is a dangerous slot for shows. They gotta be very well-loved to survived. That's the "Out Drinking" slot.

You get it, my man. Constantine would have done well on a Tuesday 10pm slot or Wednesday 9pm slot except I think NBC reserves those for SVU or whatever Dick Wolf throws at them.

>constan-teen
>constan-teen
>constan-teen

Fucking Dick Wolf.
>constant tine

Why did the blue eyed black haired girl leave?
Wiki says they were looking to take the show in a different creative direction, is this just a cover up? Was she perhaps difficult to work with? Did she want to leave the show?
Thanks

part of it was that they put it in the worst time slot imaginable. another part was that people were expecting some lighthearted marketed-to-women drama like Supernatural, and didnt know what to make of the comparatively dark and X-File-like show this turned out to be

NBC didn't care about it, set it up for bad ratings on the friday night death slot, then cancelled it.

basically like fox and everything that isn't animated or a talent show

>lighthearted marketed-to-women drama like Supernatural
But that's garbage.
Yeah. NBC pretty much became a less-shitty Fox.

It's fucking bullshit. I think Constantine would do well if it got another season, but the only option that seems open to them is the CW, which is exactly that "marketed to women" garbage the other person was talking about. And they already have CW, which I'm pretty sure is itself a Hellblazer ripoff.

Fucking bullshit.

It wasnt normie enough.

the probably felt it was too expensive for a show that wasnt likely to capture a big segment of the housewife demographic

i´ts dc shit

Because networks are shitstains.