So, it's getting to be that time again

So, it's getting to be that time again.

Who here's been to a shadowcast/live/audience participation screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show?

What did you think?

Did you know what you were getting into beforehand?

Barely. My mother took me to one when I was 17 and she just told me it was a musical.

It was decent. some of the songs weren't that great, but i enjoyed the story. The people there however creeped me the fuck out and I will never go again.

>The people there however creeped me the fuck out and I will never go again.
Honestly the one time I went I was surrounded by friends, all of whom were either homosexuals, promiscuous, "art school", or some combination of the three. Actually, most fit the "all three" category.

It was a damn fun time.

>At the late night
EARLY MORNING
>double feature
FUCK YOUR SISTER
>picture show...

FUCK THE BACK ROW

The movie is really good. It has weirdo characters and shit but it contrasts it with traditional characters that look down upon the hedonism. The end of the movie is Frank literally being put down for being too much of a freak.

But. The people at those live shows are just straight-up autists that don't get the point of the movie and pretty much just distract you. Can't appreciate the cinematography when they're dancing around in their underwear in front of the screen (not to mention a lot of them are fat and you don't wanna see that). Can't appreciate the dialogue or music because they shout stupid shit throughout the movie. I really hated it and would not go again.

I dunno, that was part of the charm for me. If I want to critically analyze it I watch it alone at home.

I go for the autistic screaming and throwing shit, same as The Room.

This this this. It was cool back when the house shows began, but now there's so much stupid bonus nonsense people have to throw at the screen or shout out that it feels more like a staged theater IN THE AUDIENCE than on the stage or screen.

I've always kind of wanted to go to one but that fucking shouting those rehearsed lines would ruin the whole thing

>shouting those rehearsed lines would ruin the whole thing
That's the whole point, friendo. Probably best you don't go.

I kinda wish The Forbidden Zone had the cult following Rocky Horror has cause I consider it a better movie.

I wish Shock Treatment hadn't been largely forgotten since in some ways its better than Rocky Horror, namely the soundtrack

I'm amused that 90% of the Blu-ray for the movie is stuff for the Shadowcast, including an audience soundtrack

Is The Room the closest thing we have to a Fucking successor to this?

I never knew there was a follow-up to RHPS. Gonna watch this, thanks.

>WHAT CANDLES? WHAT MUSIC? WHAT SEXY DRESS?
>I PUT MY EVIL INSIDE YOU
>GO GO GO GO GO GO

Forbidden Zone is tryhard shit.

Phantom of the Paradise has a small following, shadowcasting like Rocky Horror is frowned upon which I feel fits the film's more somber tone

First time I saw it was held at a Pride screening complete with costumes and such. I knew like 2 of the songs and it was quite the experience.

The next year they did the show at a bigger theatre with a stage where you could go up and act out parts. My friend who took me to the first screening and was in charge of the second screening said I'd make a good Frank-N-Furter (despite being more than half a foot taller than Tim Curry).
I did, made the front page of the paper and people still tell me I was the highlight of that year's Pride.

I did it on and off for two years as part of the cast, but I quick because everyone in the cast was a massive tumblr retard, comic nerd, retard.
I wanted queer sex, they wanted Doctor Who.

They should remake this movie
It would sell so much
>forget about all the original tributes, they suck

>They should remake this movie

They have.

there's a tv movie with vjuice i think. not sure when it comes out