Why dont people like this? its literally the best horror movie in decades

why dont people like this? its literally the best horror movie in decades

>not enough jumpscares
>not enough over-exposed monster
>no cgi explosions
>no capes
>no Captain America and Tony Stank quips

I thought the ending was too open ended and didn't wrap up the mystery so much as ruin the characterization of the main girl. I understand the Devil is a corrupter but she spends the whole movie denouncing him until he shows up and she just says "Okay sure sounds great" without any consideration or remorse.

Should have had her be convinced and cry a little before being led out into the circle. I mean even if she wanted to leave the shitty farm town the guy had her family killed and she's lived her entire life being told how evil he is, why just immediately agree?

It was an okay movie, just not a good horror movie because of too little spoops.

>entire family is dead
>would've died in the woods on her own
>hated by the town she left

literally no other option

> It was an okay movie, just not a good horror movie because of too little spoops.

are you 10?

It's no Witcherfinder General, but it's pretty good.

adding onto this Black Phillip had a great platform to give a moving and creepy speech on the virtues of Hedonism vs Puritanism but instead just offers her baked goods and a "chance to live deliciously"

Because people have shit taste ?

She could have gone to another town or even given wandering around in the forest a shot. Or maybe tried to kill the goat or something.

She didn't try very hard

She attempted to live up to the ideals taught by her parents but after seeing their hypocrisy and deaths why wouldn't she join black phillip?

have you ever left your home?

You see the fucking witch right after the movie starts. That's why it isn't scary. I wanted to walk out of the theater at that point.

>muh scary meme

you have NO idea what horror is about

Who didn't like this? I didn't meet one person that didn't like it. Is OP storytelling?

Fuck off, The Witch is shit.

read this thread, rotten tomatoes, or imdb

now kys

>You see the fucking Godfather right after the movie starts. That's why it isn't dramatic. I wanted to walk out of the theater at that point.

this site is 18+

I liked it.

You guys are missing the point, because you don't understand Puritan theology. Puritans were Calvinists. They believed that a person had no control over whether or not they were going to heaven. You were either one of God's chosen or you were cursed.

The idea is that Thomasin was always cursed, despite the fact that she was the most sympathetic character throughout the movie.

Nice shit taste friend

Good points famalam. Did they reference this at all through during the film or did they just expect us to know? It totally makes sense but I would have liked a more rounded out story.

I don't think they expected children to watch this.

There was a conversation about it between the dad and the eldest son, when they were hunting. He said something about how they can't know if they're God's chosen or not, or something like that.

Good to know I'm retarded. I still don't like this movie but I can no longer criticize it

Even knowing the Calvinist stuff, I still didn't like the ending.

Calvinists are harsh, there's no room in their schedule for any non-christian activities, such as smiling.