Thoughts?

Thoughts?

GOAT

All that body armor and nothing to protect the head kek

Can't keep Tom's face covered.

Why wasn't female protag BLACKED? Fucking serious waste of potential

Godlike movie and an amazing cast to match. Fucking Bill Paxton. 11/10 would watch again.

Did you even watch the flick?

It was fun, but it didn't stick to it's own rules. Prime example is that forced happy ending.

6/10

I thought it was part of the "message" a la Starship Troopers.

ITT: people that didn't see the GOAT movie

>forced happy ending
it's time travel you fuck

They admit it was a shit ending, but that's just how you end a Tom Cruise movie...

like it's a non-issue after the rest of the movie was better then most sci-fi time loop movies.

>nitpicking a Tom Cruise movie
>nitpicking a Tom Cruise movie based on a manga
>nitpicking a Tom Cruise movie based on a manga with an overt political/philosophical subtext

No, it was just a forced happy ending.

The movie's still fun, but that ending is still an issue. It would'ev been better if they all died at the ending. The movie would even have a chance of causing emotions from it's audience.

How is exposing a major flaw "nitpicking"? Also, it was a movie based on manga based on a book or a light novel.

Groundhog Day, but with aliens, action and muscular qts.
So bretty gud, would definitely rewatch again.

I want to lick her sweaty body.

Doesn't the idea of an infinite time loop necessitate a happy ending? I mean you're bound to get it right at some point.

My complaint about the ending was, that the movie clearly broke it's own set rules just so we could have a happy ending..

Not really to all die in the ending because there's a sequel. so... it's the only ending to allow that.

And it's only going to be a cash grab.

What makes you say that user?

ST movies are garbage, book is much superior.

A subtle advert for scientology inside a quite good scifi film.
'What I am about to tell you sounds crazy. But you have to listen to me. Your very lives depend on it.'.

>No, sir, I'm from Kentucky

What did he mean by this?

That was a part of his modus operandi, silly.

The first ST is glorious. The book is fine but very preachy as Heinlein tends to be at times.

I didn't like it nor do I remember it that much, since I've seen it a decade ago.

No

Give it a rewatch, honestly. It's amazingly entertaining and does the "war is hell" bit with unusual irony and style.

Shall do in the near future, currently re watching X Files and Macbeth (2015).

Tom Cruise is a fine actor

His movies are mostly entertaining, especially Mission Impossible. Ghost Protocol and Rouge Nation were one of the better action movies in this decade.

its*

The first MI is probably the most memorable action/spy film I've ever seen.

after he turned badass he took off his helm because it was too clumsy, he knew what was gonna happen anyway so why wear it

moral of the story, watch the film you fat lazy faggot

For me, it would probably have to be Ghost Protocol or Casion Royale.

I loved it. Cruise is a nutter off the field but I've almost always enjoyed his shit. Guy knows how to make an action movie and plays the reluctant hero with a dark past really well... Mission IMpossible, Collateral, Reacher, bunch of other good shit.

I've probably watched this 3 or 4 times since it came out, and often got my friends or family to watch it too. The premise is great, the pacing is stellar, the characters are solid if not a little cliche. I agree the ending annoyed me, but why can't there be a little happiness once in awhile? Fuckers went through all that shit just to die and thats that? Give him a nice shag with the full metal bitch.

Reminder that the "Tom Cruise is crazy" meme started by the global elites after Tom exposed them in Eyes Wide Shut. They couldn't get to him like they did to Kubrick so they discredited his mind.

Because, that ending was pure bullshit. It was just a forced happy ending, the movie clearly broke it's set rules. Also, they're going to make a shitty sequel.

muh phallus

B-but I like happy endings senpai

>she will never brutally murder you with an overhead claw droid

What was his name?

Wasn't he bored out of his ass by the gorillionth time it happened? How come he didn't just say fuck it and went on a rape and murder spree?

Because he fell in love and he is a functioning being not visiting 4chink.

At some point it probably started to feel like a video game to him. It's like restarting the same level over and over again until you beat it.

He's an expert in Meme Souls.

how?

How come the loop lasted exactly 24 hours? Why would an octopoid extraterrestrial being care about our concept of time? Wouldn't it be more tactically advantageous for it to move the clock like a week or so earlier?

You're kidding, right?

Time doesn't really matter, because the creature tricked humans that it was defeated while scheming humanity's downfall.

Since the Omega itself died, it could not reset time to prevent its own death. Ergo, they should'ev died there, instead of having based Cruise waking up.

Maybe there are other Omegas n shit. Or maybe it's some automated protocol and if Tom Cruise dies again he'll reset again. How do you know what the actual rules are?

Are you retarded? The basic concept is that the Omega is the main alien unit with multiple Alphas. The death of an Alpha causes the Omega to revert time back and anticipate the course of events. This way the alien life form never loses a battle.

>maybe there are other Ombegas n shit. Or...
There is only one Omega.

>A creature that we know can reset the past 24 hours dies.
>Animals spasm when they die.
user. user MAYBE THE OMEGA. MAYBE ITS FINAL DEATH SCREAM RESET THE 24 HOURS?!!?

It can reset the time while dead? Sure.

Been a while since I watched it, but doesn't he ingest some of its blood while dying, similar to how he did the Alpha at the start of the movie?
I thought it seemed fairly obvious that he somehow manages to inherit its powers or something like that, which allows him to reset even further.

>I'm an expert on fictional alien technology

Chickens run around without heads user.

Aliens nigger I ain't gotta splain shit.

Book is better

>I can't grasp simple flick logic.

It was an asspull, watch it again.

Whatever, user.

Of course it is, manga as well is better than the movie.

>>I can't grasp simple flick logic.
But you don't know the rules of the film universe. Even the main characters don't. At best we've got speculations that can or cannot be tested.

>Whatever user
All these flavours and you gotta choose salt

The rules are explained in act 1.

>The rules are explained in act 1.
No, what is explained it only a tiny segment, the part that the protagonists were able to figure it. Have you never seen a film where some major shift occurs in the last moments which suspends or reverses the established rules? It's incredibly common in sci fi.

It's also called asspull, user.

Regardless, it's a legitimate form of storytelling in the genre.

>Since we do not know how to explain it, let's just make an asspull.
It's called bullshit.

You guys sure are autistic.

youtu.be/_HeuOAQJFNY its really funny

Have an upvote

You're new around here?

No you fucking sperg. The rules are explained to the extent the protagonists understand it.
Dont you fucking remember how the omega tricked them into "finding it"?
It broke the "rules" right there already.
The Omega has never been killed before, there are no rules for this situation. For all we know the final time reversal may have been a fucking emerfency call to informe some higher beeing, just like when an alpha ďies it informs the omega.

For all we now there may be an "Ultima" or something taht is waiting in space, reversing the time once again, and the whole ending is just another ruse.

It's like complainig that sorcerrers dont follow the "rules" in some fantasy flick. Its magick, you aint explaining shit.

Why did they not have any artillery, tanks, vehicles, bombers, jets ect? They literally just have personnel transport vehicles and infantry.

Because service guarantees citizenship.

Because it's cooler to see the trenches

Because the suits are artillery, tanks, and vehicles. There were suits with shoulder mounted rocket pods and other heavy weapons.

Besides, our tanks wouldn't be too useful. Too slow and cumbersome. With the material used to make a single tank, you could make more than a dozen suits.

And yet the suits still do not reduce the mortality of humans due to it being an exoskeleton rather than armour, however tanks would greatly negate that vulnerability

Oh, go fuck yourself, user. It was an asspull and deal with it.

Getting bodies for the suits isn't a problem. They had lots of volunteers eager to sign up.

You could have one tank or like 20+ suits. With the suits you get a force that is more mobile, more flexible, can cover a larger area, and has more firepower.

If something goes wrong with the tank, it just sits there. If something goes wrong with a suit, there's like 19 others that are unaffected.

For the enemy they were fighting, there's a bunch of reasons why a bunch of suits is better than having a tank.

I'd say from looking at the shits complexity that they're not saving that much in resources, also each individual one needs a battery to work

The tanks would have real firepower to take down the enemies.

And you saw how quickly the suits get ripped apart.

If we ignore tanks and instead look at planes or any arial unit it's clear they would've helped the cause too.

I'd just have preferred they had some other units in the movie to add to the battle scene, the instant annihilation of humanities forces annoys me

In the film it's five year into the war already, you can assume they went through a lot of trial and error.

An M1 Abrams is 65 tons. How many suits do you think that would make? Give 1/10th of those rocket pods and just those will have more firepower than a tank, let alone all the weapons the other ones could carry.

A tank would get ripped apart just as quickly as the suits. Tanks are only really good against other tanks.

And what would the bombers bomb? It's pretty clear in the movie that they had no idea where the enemy was or what their strength was. They wouldn't know until they were already fighting, and the aliens fight in melee so they'd just be bombing their own soldiers.

What took down the transport VTOLs? That wasn't melee

I don't think there is such a problem with resources that they have to decide between suits or other vehicles.

Great movie, Groundhog day mixed with sci-fi action.

Loser

I forgot about this. Absolutely terrifying.

Literally www.reddit.com tipping babbys first time loop expositon shitfest. Only bluntfags like this shit. One of the worst tom cruise films

This. The movie was good, but the forced Hollywood good ending triggered me so much.
Also the chick using a normal rotor as a sword was retarded, albeit pretty cool.

I was hoping that this movie being good would make more people interested in Yukikaze but it doesn't seem like it's happening anymore.

Better than expected.

They shouldn't have kissed at the end.

Not like armor would have made a difference against the enemy they were fighting.

first post best post

The film is decent but the manga is way better
Too bad it's so short

Desrved 10/10.

post yfw every time based cruise dies in the sequel he goes back to the start of the first movie and he have to that shit over and over again and cause him go crazy

Just catched Groundhog Day here on TV in my country .. and I'm wondering.. is there any more movies with this 'repeating the same day' theme? Not as good as Groundhog Day for sure.. but gimme some suggestions.

it's a distraction

I heard about looper but i don,t know if it,s any good or if it is exactly what you,re looking for

>catched

9/10 blockbuster, must have rewatched it 4 times when the bluray came out

I like how he's standing in front of emily blunt to appear taller

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

We know he's king of the manlets, user.

i am woman hear me roar

*screeches*

it was p. good

>All that body armor and nothing to protect the head kek
If he dies he can just repeat, so why bother with the helmet?

You're missing out bro.

stop

I can't.

Thoughts?

Le GOAT
Hon hon hon

What will the sequel be called?
Just slap a 2 in the title or some new edgy title?

Best TC movie and best movie of the last 10 years

Prove me wrong

Protip: you can't

Kill yourself weeb

Edge of the Day After Tomorrow 2: Electric Boogaloo

>Emily Blunt
>uses a blade weapon

Fucking
dropped

damn..

>based on a manga

Its based on a book which the manga was adapted from.

The whole alpha/omega schtick felt lazy as fuck. Kept waiting for them to reveal it was a red herring and give us the actual explanation.

Only one you can make an argument for is MI4

But it was , why'd you think they'll have a sequel?