This movie is such bs

this movie is such bs

how can mcconaughey character escape from the black hole? if you approach something with such high values of gravitational force, the forward part of your body will experience a much higher pull than the rear. this would lead to your body getting expanded (towards the black hole) and progressively being subjected to an even higher force asymmetry, eventually resulting in disintegration of the body

basically he would be dead

You're not wrong, but there's still a lot about physics that we dont' know, ie: we don't KNOW what goes on inside a black hole because we just can't.

That is grounds for creative interpretation.

>this movie is such bs

stopped reading right there.

you got 20 minutes in and decided it wasn't enough like star wars. AM I RIGHT?

That’s because he never went past the event horizon. On his attempted dive, he went to the tesseract placed there by the future humans and he relayed the information to Murphy that TARS provided him. There was no crossing of the event horizon and that’s why he was recovered later on at the space station around Saturn

>t. Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Even he couldn't reasonbly say that would happen since even though the gravity on the body would be skewed, so is the space around it. it's like crushing a hotdog inside of a bun, it keeps it's relative shape, and that also "space aliens magical tesseract"

>mm shouts murph

didnt you watch the movie love protected him

BETTER QUESTION:

>HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE MOON LANDING IS FAKE (like stated in the movie and don't understand the ironics of it)

and

>THE CONSTANT MARS EXPLORATION AND SETI AND SATELLITES ARE ALSO HOAXES

Catwomen was the only one that said that, and was proven wrong in the movie. But with that said, NASA does choose mentally stable people with positive attitudes as one of the most important factors of space exploration besides the physical and intelligence testing.

That's not something odd to hear based on her profession.

>was proven wrong in the movie.
u wot?

But user, Love transcends Time and Space

love transcends space and time, fucking idiot

>MOON LANDING
This was such a stupid and needless plot detail. The whole start of the movie is awful.

doesnt hate transcend space and time? and envy

The REAL question is how did Rey understand chewbakka when thy just met. Even if there was a wookie camp somewhere on jakku this makes no sense.

dogs can understand each other

What exactly is wrong with this other than being cheesy?

>if you approach something with such high values of gravitational force, the forward part of your body will experience a much higher pull than the rear.

Yes, unless you approach a really, really big one. A stellar mass black hole would have very high tidal forces near the event horizon. A galactic mass black hole much less so.

Nothing?

that statement is a fact no matter how cheesy it sounds.

>love is the ONE thing

People get over their hatred with time but they don't stop loving the ones they've lost.

>send a manned mission of the best and brightest scientists to a freaking wormhole near saturn
>5 minutes before reaching the wormhole
>ok guys now let's take a second to discuss, in extremely simplistic metaphoric terms that our mouthbreathing audience will understand, what a wormhole even is

I've been in a black hole, it just teleports you to another universe. Believe it or not, the last one I was in was a lot worse than this one. They didn't even have internet.

I liked this movie but god all the cheesy love stuff, coupled with the mystical time stuff really spoilt it for me. I just want a proper Iain M banks style hard Sci to movie with no relationship bollocks or supernatural stuff going on

that definitely isn't true

epic

>That's a big wormhole.
>For you.

Bravo Nolan!

>i don't know WHY

people still hate hitler

I don't know if it's just because i'm a layman, but I like how they used to refer to black holes as 'black stars'. That it's not a magic hole in the universe, but more a star with such a high mass that light does not reflect or escape the gravitational pull.

That a black hole is in fact just another interstellar body of mass, and not a mysterious portal or tesseract, that just like any other star, has a gravitational pull, and any mass that approaches it will be pulled into a string of atoms, and contribute to the mass of the 'black star'.

Maybe there is a solid core inside the black hole, so unimaginably dense, that it's ''physically'' there but would never be able to be ''seen'' because sight relies on light.

I feel like imagining a black hole as the absence of something being ''there'', would be the same as saying the chair in your room is gone because you turned off the light.

yeah, but knowing that would require, like, listening and shit

Interstellar was referring to emotion on a personal level, no concepts or ideas.

Most people's hatred for Hitler is based on ideas they have about his exploits, very few people alive today knew him personally.

her bf was dead m8, she thought he was alive because 'muh luv'. looks like the only thing that transcended space and time was her being a pining bitch

love is in our heads, faggot, not outside in the real world

yeah, but the belief that it could be some kind of portal comes from the fact that energy cannot be destroyed, so all the energy that is being sucked in has to be redistributed in some way

That's what allows it to traverse dimensions, dyke.

I fucked ur mom too

traverse =/= transcend, wog.

Maybe it implodes and explodes if given enough time and if it's massive enough. And the mass that it has pulled will be distributed across the universe, both destroying and creating the universe or ''part of the universe'' sorta like the big bang, Instead of the ''entire universe'' being borne from a single point, it's just ''part'' of the infinite space of the universe that gets matter blasted into it. And we can't see beyond that part because we are in the middle of the explosion, and will always be.
So the universe might not have been created from a single point, but rather the the matter that we live in, is just a part of the infinite universes space that always existed that that had a supermassive black hole explodes when reaching critical mass.

Or maybe I should be taking my meds.

I am not an expert on black holes, but wouldn't the accleration disk produce radiation that is quiet unhealthy for humans?

so does love for my waifu ;_;