What are some things in horror movies that actually scare you? I don't mean makes you jump for a sec...

What are some things in horror movies that actually scare you? I don't mean makes you jump for a sec, but shit that sticks with you for a while, ever after the movie is done.

Every time a movie has a mirror scare, I end actively avoiding looking in any of the mirrors at my house if I'm alone. Sucks that mirror scares are super common.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Jes4VfHQ-4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_8AzKj5qlp0
youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY
youtube.com/watch?v=8F0SIhtV2M4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably when people are impossibly sucked/pulled into something, like a wall coming alive.

I got a friend who hates food-based horror. Like people being force fed shit, or humans being turned into food. My friend threw up watching both Audition and Green Inferno. He especially ESPECIALLY hates when there is some kind of sexual element added to the mix.

youtube.com/watch?v=_8AzKj5qlp0

Go to 2:15 and check out the "turkey" dinner. The perfect blend of food+cannabalism+sex+horror. My friend would probably go comatose at the sight. Are there any horror movies you'd recommend to him?

This scene also freaked me out.

In horror movies, nothing I can think of. But movies with shots of open brightly lit fields or pastures creep me the fuck out. This picture creeps me the fuck out. Being in an open field makes me jumpy as fuck.

Colorful horror movies generally scare me more than black and white horror movies. I forgot its name, but there's a Japanese horror that is as colorful as the wizard of oz, but it's super surreal and bloody. The juxtaposing qualities irk me a certain way and the visuals have never escaped my mind (funnily, its title does).

Horror movies are complete shit.
Stuff like Threads or Who Took Johnny is far more horrific than any ghost, ghoul or other imaginary bullshit will ever be.

>Who Took Johnny
You should The Vanishing

The 1988 or 1992 one?

Try not being a faggot bitch.

Thought so. Thanks mate!

Male on male rape

Being in the same bathroom with Julia styles and wondering where my life went wrong.

Haus i think? Hasu? The one with all the girls visiting their old aunt or something?

Nah. I remember Hausu. Hausu is more red toned, the one I'm thinking of is green-toned I guess, it takes place in a field. Pretty sure it's a short film a part of an anthology movie

this scared me pretty bad when i saw it.

When someone chooses to live deliciously

what kino?

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With me

Gozu?

youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

After much much searching, I realized the movie I was thinking of is called Rampo Noir.

Scissorman?

People inflicting pain on themselves or committing suicide in a hypnotized / happy state.

youtube.com/watch?v=8F0SIhtV2M4