Are there any fans of Roger Ebert on Cred Forums?

Are there any fans of Roger Ebert on Cred Forums?

I always wondered, why Cred Forums doesn´t suffer from Ebert drones like Cred Forums does with the Scaruffi ones.

Because he's dead

Armond White is our Scruffi

>White
Is this some cuck-joke?

I mostly watch horror. His reviews for horror were pretty good. All except for one and that is Hellraiser. I don't get why he was so harsh on that movie.

I was overjoyed when I heard on Cred Forums that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers. When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.

>I was overjoyed when I heard on Cred Forums that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers. When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.

stale and rude pasta

What's going on in this webm?

Ebert was unique once, but now there's a million of him so he doesn't seem special anymore. And he really wasn't. He really liked his movies and was a likeable personality as well as a competent writer/presenter but he wasn't much of a critic. I blame the current pathetic state of film criticism on Ebert even though he wasn't bad. He lowered standards by making it okay for somebody who isn't an expert to preach if people like them enough.

People might not like Armond White, but he knows more than most other critics in the world combined and he's a fantastic writer.

Most of Cred Forums seems to dislike White.

Do americans really think this guy was some serious critic with sublime taste in movie? Lmao

Is Cred Forums still buttflustered?

>Cred Forums

Not exactly a fan of his critique, but I've learned his taste in movies, and because of that I can decide if a movie is worth my time based on basically just the movie genre and if he liked it or not.
I haven't found a new movie critic to stick with yet. there are too many of them.

"Video games will never be art"
-Roger Ebert

he said that?

I think he's referencing the 'video games aren't art' spiel Ebert had.

I've read a ton of his reviews. Always liked how've would rematch certain films and reavaluate them later. For example Blade Runner eventually ended up on his Great Movies list.

His rewatches were almost always him bending over to suit public opinion, like with Blade Runner.

Nothing wrong with not loving Blade Runner, or even not liking it.

Did he have autism? A lot of his reviews and opinions sound like fucking Chris Chan. He even has CWCisms.

>For example Blade Runner eventually ended up on his Great Movies list.

That's because the original cut is pretty insufferable on its own terms

He was on tv for a very long time.

Reminder The Mummy 3 is his favourite in the series.

I agree with him on some things and disagree on others. His critique on Blue Velvet was weak as fuck
>oh no Lynch tortured that poor actress made her do all those things for the film!
what in the piss was that about, she's a bloody actress

Not only did he say that, his saying it literally started the whole retarded debate

I can't. Armond White really convinced me he sucks. He was such a bimbo.