Horror

These are all terrible.

Any good new recs? I'm dying here.

100% recc this, if anyone knows anything similar throw some suggestions. imo what makes horror scary is what you dont see, all of the films you posted are loud, in your face and not very scary, obviously not all horror has to be scary but yknow

Was The Good Neighbor just millennial Rear Window with James Caan?

What is TGN even about? All movie descriptions are cryptic as fuck.

Conjuring 2 wasn't that bad, The Boy with Maggie from Walking Dead was watchable, IDK what else, horror is shit nowadays

Found (2012) and it's spin off, Headless (2015). Headless is better imo but both are some of the most memorable horror I have seen recently

seen. maybe I'll rewatch.

Headless was tedious; just screaming and sfx. Found was amateurish for sure, but tried to tell a story at least

I was turned off by youtube '''''celeb'''' in pic related, but I'm that desperate I'm going to watch it

Eh, I watched this last night.

Was that a Father Ted reference after the credits?

Tank 432 came out pretty recently, the ending was pretty cliche but the rest was tense as fuck.

i'll check it out, thanks.

Can we get beyond these?

>The Witch (2015)
>Evolution (2015)
>Green Room (2015)
>Baskin (2015)
>It Follows (2014)
>III: The Ritual (2015)
>Knock Knock (2015)
>February (2015)
>They Look Like People (2015)
>I Am Not a Serial Killer (2016)
>Decay (2015)
>Bone Tomahawk (2015)
>Observance (2015)

they're ranked

what were the webrips for this week?

What you guys think of the Invitation(2015)?

how's The Neighboor?

was alright

Antibirth wss fun.

Yeah I would have cut out that last minute twist though, kind of undermined the seriousness they were going for. For the Invitation I mean.

the bit with them seeing all the lights on the other hills? i didn't think that took much away from it really. might need to rewatch one day.

Baskin sucked. Expected so much more from that, same with knock knock but I enjoyed that more.

>the witch
>bone tomahawk
>it follows
all well worth the watch, first 2 especially

I liked the final shot.
But the third act kind of let me down with its predictability and adherence to genre standards. The first half of the movie really did all it could to be a mostly new, slightly unconvientional experience. Went from a solid 8 to a pretty basic 7

it's a 90 minute borefest with an ending that can't make up for the lost time.

muh obligatory green room.
that flick is trash and predictable as fuck

I just think in retrospect it would be better if what happened was isolated. Interesting though, written by the guys who wrote both Ride Along movies.

I think The Invitation is ingenious, the filmmaking and storytelling are both top notch. There's a nice meditative subtext about how people deal with loss that runs throughout. The mounting paranoia and tension is effective, and the payoff is fucking great.

>written by the guys who wrote both Ride Along movies.

I wouldn't have guessed that.

ITT: No one has seen Don't Breathe