Which is the better doppelganger kino?

Which is the better doppelganger kino?

both were boring af

I like the double better but mostly because of mia

I absolutely loved The Double. The atmosphere was incredible, and I legitimately found it terrifying in some points.

Enemy was fine but undercooked.

Enemy. The Double was fun but I was distracted by how much it resembled Gilliam's work.

I did feel like Enemy was a bit too ambiguous though, I don't know if it makes more sense if you go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Enemy had a very experimental plot structure with the whole idea of the story taking place within a subconcious. But the ideas and themes were really fucking simple and ultimately because its all in his head it doesnt make for a very compelling story. Visually it was well put together and some of the shots with the spiders were cool. Jake Gyllenhall as always was great but it just wasnt compelling enough of a movie. Barely any rewatch value.
The Double is also visually interesting, not as much as Enemy though. Eisenberg puts out a pretty good performance, as does Mia Wasikowska. Plot and themes of typical of doppleganger story were done much much better in the double when compared to enemy. The fact that it takes place not inside someones head really makes a difference when it comes to how much you care about what happens to the character. The resolution for the double was also much more of a satisfying ending than Enemy and ultimately has much better rewatch value.
The Double may not have as much in way of artistic presentation as Enemy does, and Gyllenhall is the superior actor, but The Double is better in basically every other way.

Enemy is Villeneuves worst film

Not really ambiguous tbqh

Enemy is more spiderkino desu

Enemy, no contest.

Enemy. Pure kino. The Double was good but not great. Something felt missing, or off, or half-baked.

Enemy. Double didn't have the intensity, was more of a comedy.

Enemy made me want to grow a beard

the double because of j mascis's character

The Double seemed to lack polish. It felt pretty low-budget, and you could really tell when it came to the set designs.

Easy. One had Jesse Eisenberg, the other didnt.

So Enemy.

the double, never met someone who loves enemy who wasn't a pretentious bore

>judging a movie based on your anecdotal experiences regarding people who like said movie
can't make this shit up
kill yourself

The Double, easily. It's consistently funny without undercutting its more serious themes, and it kind of reminded me of "Eraserhead" in the way the entire visual style of the film/sets seemed to match the main character's mental state.

Enemy... gets its point across, I guess, but I found nothing enjoyable about it. It's a very dry, academic type of film. Which can be fine, but it seemed that the visuals were quite restricted by the budget. There really wasn't a single memorable image except the final shot.

I wouldn't really call either a great film, though. The Double was like a 7/10 for me, Enemy was honestly a 4 or 5

Enemy.

pretty much this
The only truly interesting element of Enemy was the spider imagery. But they turned out to be a really underwhelming metaphor.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

D R O P P E D

cronocrimenes