Is this worth watching? I've never played any of the games

Is this worth watching? I've never played any of the games.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtu.be/gC8i6kUI-R0?t=1m48s)
youtube.com/watch?v=XyRhHPxOxQ8
the-artifice.com/silent-hill-2-gaming-symbolism/
youtube.com/watch?v=TiDz69EqlFk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Its self contained, you can understand it perfectly without having played the games. Story wise its like a combination of the first and second game.

DO IT FOR HER

Is it Ramona

Some of the scenes are pretty cool but you should just play 1 then 3 then 2

It's your daughter.

I don't even care she's getting chubby and I'm from /fit but I'd straight fuck her through the bed till one of us dies from exhaustion.

I watched it on acid when I was 16. Shit was fucked yo.
Might not actually be a good movie though.

It's good if you are a fan of the game. It's really good. There's very little CGI. It's real animatronics and costumes. NO CGI Pyramid Head, deformed children, skin walkers etc. All real. The only thing that sux is the ending. They tried to take the Silent Hill approach with a sad "dead end" where the character just accepts their fate.

The story is good as well if you understand the games though.

Pic related. A picture turned into an actual scene in the movie.

Been awhile but I don't recall there being a loli pyramid head in the movie.

No. Just play the trilogy and forget about silent hill after that.

The sounding of the town alarm and the coming of triangle head and other creatures made the film memorable for me. Laurie Holden and the actress who played the Borg Queen are also in it. The writing for Rahda and Boromir characters were the weakest part.

>play the trilogy
>forgetting 4, the most underrated of the games
kys

I like it. It's not great, but it's worth a watch for the setting and neat effects.
I've never played SH because I'm a pussy but from what I understand it's pretty close to the games.

OP here, I watched it. To be honest with you, family members, I didn't think it was too good. It was a bit silly, maybe.

>The only thing that sux is the ending. They tried to take the Silent Hill approach with a sad "dead end" where the character just accepts their fate.
So you wanted a happy ending?

If you haven't played the games, sure. I thought it was fuckawful, but I played the games.

The new Blair Witch was a better Silent Hill movie than the Silent Hill movies, that being said, it's worth a watch.

>It's good if you are a fan of the game.

Honestly, I'd say the opposite, OP. It's a decent film and would have been better if it had been a standalone thing, rather than an attempt to adapt source material the director clearly did not understand. As an adaptation it fails, and I highly recommend just getting the original 3 games on amazon or ebay or something if you want to understand why the franchise is so loved.

Also, don't waste your monet on any SH game other than 1-4, the others are all unequivocally terrible: not scary and for the most part bad as games. 4 isn't as good as 1-3 but it's still scary enough with an interesting enough story.

where are her cowtits here? taped up?

>I've never played any of the games.
Then yeah, go ahead.

>cowtits
Not really

>discount Michelle Williams

Downpour is alright

literally shopped or 2 young

>2 young
She probably was younger in the pic that I posted, which would explain why she has bigger tits in your pic
However I'd still fug her at either age

Why won't they make a movie about Silent Hill 2? Is it too much of a masterpiece to reflect on screen?

Of course, Plus the multiple endings

just watched it yesterday (with the lights on), and i was alright. The atmosphere felt pretty accurate to the game. even had the awesome musics.
and the women are hot as fuck

No. Just emulate 1 and 2. theyre fun and still scary/interesting

It's entertaining at worst. It doesn't have any good cares in my opinion but it has its moments.

>emulating 2
Just play the PC version

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is an all-in-one fix, and is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as a no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

-The story is too long to be adapter correctly
-The tone of the game changes depending on your point of view and the ending you're aiming at. Things that are maningful for one ending mean nothing for the other
-Multiple endings
-It has the same trouble of every video game movie ever: adapting the time you spend actually playing so that the story makes sense.

i never played the games either and i liked it, i have listened to all the games soundtracks tho and they are pretty good

that's worse than the 2006?

It's like a high budget straight to DVD film, They should have got original Alessa to play Heather, She would have been a similar age and then it would have had something going for it.

Do i need a controler for this ?

I was 12 when this came out and I thought it was scary. It's quite memorable. Pyramid head, the nurses, the alarm, the fog, the ending.
It's probably shit though, as most horrors.

Does this include the HD texture mods... I think that existed... right?

Tank controls work well with a keyboard, For 1 you will have to map the emulator control pad to you keyboard
Wanting to fuck with Silent Hill, I do remember a SweetFX patch that made it look different

The music came straight from the games so you have Akira Yamaokato thank.
>and the women are hot as fuck
Yes but I wouldn't classify her as a Woman, She was only about 10-11

This is what made the movie so good. They really put in the effort to put the game on screen. The monsters were 99% accurate. The atmosphere and the scenery was all Silent Hill. Add to that Akira Yamaoka's original game soundtrack modified for this movie.

To me, this was honestly the best video game movie out there and the most accurate adaptation to date.

Pic related was a scene cut out from the movie but included in the Director's Cut.

This desu. The story was bad, and they fumbled and changed the simplest of things in the story, but the atmosphere, effects, even camera angles were all classic Silent Hill.

That alone makes it worth watching imo senpai

>Pic related. A picture turned into an actual scene in the movie.
Wtf are you talking about? I'm pretty sure there's no such scene in the first movie.

The monsters were accurate, but why include Pyramid Head and the Nurses silent Hill 2 designs if they were a result of James' guilt?

it's a good looking movie with a terrible plot and direction. the second is even better looking and has everything you could ever want all in the same studio but came out even worse than the first
because no one cares about people's autistic video game theories when making a movie.

Much much worse.

Ayy

>Le 4 is good meme

patrician post.

there was no reason why there shouldn't have been a happy ending. it just felt unfinished as it was.

I don't get why anyone likes this movie, the special effects look cheap (watch that scene where Pyramid Head rips off that woman's 'skin', it's almost embarrassing youtu.be/gC8i6kUI-R0?t=1m48s) and the story is boring.

What I'm wondering is, if Silent Hill Revelations is worth watching. At first glance it looks like it's trying really hard to emulate Silent Hill 3.

No it's shit.

That's a shame but not surprising. Guess if ya really want to watch a Silent Hill movie, the only real option is Jacob's Ladder.

>shbro lurks Cred Forums

get out of here

this place will ruin you

Although what you say is true those two specific creatures are visually incredible creatures. They HAD to find a way to incorporate them into real life. The nurses are not unique to James but are also a part of Alessa's life in the game. They just took advantage of the more grotesque versions from SH2. Pyramid Head you are right but it is too much of a visually appealing character to just ignore.

>that picture

At least Raccoon City doesn't zip you to a parallel universe where monsters come out of the wall and kill you.

>*spills drink*

I mean, if you really want to sperg out about it Pyramid Head's appearance is based off of pictures James sees of the Silent Hill executioners of old.

Tho I agree using it in non SH2 stuff is a bit daft.

Its worth a watch, just dont watch the sequel

At least Silent Hill doesn't transform you into a monster yourself after a monster bites or scratches you with infection.

Shame how the sequel turned out, the girl they got to play Heather was qt af.

Watch it just for Nolstagia but that's it.

I hope they reconsider another one again in the future and go with SH4 and put in the Locaine Twins.

youtube.com/watch?v=XyRhHPxOxQ8

It's an ok but not great movie. It's probably the best movie ever made based on a video game, at least with a wide release. An effective horror.

>The story is good as well if you understand the games though.
As a huge fan of the games, the story was the one thing that kept me from loving this movie. Say whatever you want about the cult, but their lore was way more interesting and fucked up in the games. In the movie, they just make them into loony Christians who still believe in witches in modern day. Their motives made way more sense in the game, and that's saying something. Hell, they weren't even really Christians. They were a much older religion that adapted Christian ideas into their weird old elder god inspired religion.

That wouldn't necessarily fuck with me, but the general atmosphere of Silent Hill would probably make me go insane to the point of suicide. Seriously imagine you are actually in pic related and are tasked with walking around avoiding monsters to solve abstract as fuck puzzles to progress further without even knowing if it's possible to get back to the real world ever again? I would probably cower in a corner screaming like a madman until I found some object to cut my throat with.

It absolutely is worth watching. There are a few absolutely creepy scenes, and one truly awesome moment.

The first time I saw this enemy, they were staring and pointing at me around the corner and it freaked me out. I'm glad I wasn't running and just walking slowly because I probably would've never saw that.

okay on an entertainment level, no. critically the movie is wonderful. syboms are great and the camera shots are very well done. soundtrack wonderful. acting is fair. not bad not great. plot wonderful. it just moves a little slow

It's good, stay away from sillent hill revelations tho, that shit is some fucking NASTY ASS GARBAGE

There's a lot of good about 4, but a lot of bad, too.

who's the guy on the right?

The movie is kinda scary until the last quarter. It turns into a really kinda tragic and sad sort of affair. Just made me feel bad for lots of people and not really terrified.

Is Silent Hill 2 the best written video game plot?

Racoon City desu.

Botox Hannibal

It wouldn't work because the entire time the "Good," Guy is really the bad guy. Everyone wants a happy ending and SH2 has no fucking good ending. You either accept what you fucking did and suffer the consequences or don't accept it and are stuck in SH trying to reach a goal that keeps moving.

No one in the movie would be considered a good character everyone is fucked. I say that because no one would associate with the little girl.

Reminder raccoon gets nuked at dawn though

If you've never played the games or only have surface level knowledge of them, it's an enjoyable enough horror movie
If you're a fan of silent hill you'll probably hate all of the attempts at pandering mixed with pointless changes.

pyramid head did not belong in this movie at all. Seeing him there, like I knew he would be, just made me cringe. He's nothing to do with the damn cult, he's a figment of some guys imagination that comes from having seen a painting.

one of the best horror movies of the century, dismissed by most people simply because its a vidya game thing. do watch. no need to play the games

This makes me cringe.

shut up

After the child actress is out of the picture, the movie gets pretty good for a while untilPyramid Head shows up, then it sucks. Not even speaking from a fan point of view. It stops being horror at all. Also the child actress appears a little after that.
There's also a shitty subplot with Sean Bean.

The first one was going to be that until Gans pussied out because he thought it wouldn't make any sense without having backstory as to why the town was the way it was, then he went halfsies and put in the Silent Hill 2 monsters and music anyway and changed the plot in baffling ways.

>because no one cares about people's autistic video game theories when making a movie.
These aren't theories, they were confirmed by the developers multiple times

It's a horrible film, even by horror standards.

Yea, I'd say it's worth it. The surreal visuals and surprisingly good score make it worth at least one watch.

So basically a Quentin Tarantino flick?

You'd have a chance of surviving Racoon City and could possibly move on afterwards and have a normal life. In Silent Hill, even if you somehow survive your sole destroying journey against demons, ghosts and fuck knows what else, you'll be mentally fucked up for life.

*soul, goddamnit

I haven't played any of the silent hill games for about eight years, but why did pyramid head have a pyramid head? I remember he was a executioner and had a sexual nature but I don't understand his head.

For anyone who is curious in pondering some of the underlying meanings behind of a lot of the incredibly strange and abstract things in these games, more specifically SH2, have a read of below. There are a lot of interesting insights about the monsters, the setting, the characters, ect,ect. Essentially, the elements in the game represent aspects of the main character's psychi.

>the-artifice.com/silent-hill-2-gaming-symbolism/

>It wouldn't work because the entire time the "Good," Guy is really the bad guy. Everyone wants a happy ending and SH2 has no fucking good ending.
That's hardly unusual for a horror movie though.

Basically, it's a brutal penis. A nice penis is soft and round. A brutal one is angular.

The cult is also a figment of the guys' imagination

>one-off Silent Hill: The Room series when?
or
>some rich fanboy produces well made Silent Hill anthology series when?

Just complete my fucking life, mang.

Yeah, because watching your friends, family, and coworkers eat each other's faces off, transform into lickers, tyrants, and hunters isn't going to be traumatic.

Look, SH is for unrepentful, full of denial fags that won't repent the errors of their ways. If you are pure in heart like your average 4Channer you will make it out alive. As long as you admit to Pyramid Head and Valtiel that you didn't seed your torrents and show repentance over it you will walk out alive.

Good luck trying to prove your good nature to a Tyrant.

Supposedly this has contaminations with the Silent Hill franchise for some reason, I think the devs may have just really enjoyed it though.

That is a heck of a tagline.

How do you go from this

To this

to this

Oh man she got thicc. Well done SH girl.

that's not Jodelle, dumbfucks. That's Melissa O'Neil.
And also Melissa > Jodelle

yeah that pissed me off.

>cherrypicked old or shoped pic
Jodelle is the one who got some fat

She was closer to Jodelle's age when she was that fat

>Not abandoning all hope of survival
>Not surrendering to madness
>Not dedicating your final moments to the glorious purgation of Hell's spawn
kek low test beta faggot

>4 is underrated
youtube.com/watch?v=TiDz69EqlFk

Seems a shame to let this thread die