Deadwood

>mfw a celestial was near me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y07h4mR2zFE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
cracked.com/article_24142_6-behind-the-scenes-reasons-famous-characters-got-killed-off.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HANG DYE

BRING OUT THE CANNED PEACHES

cocksucker

>tfw David Milch is literally writing the movie script as we speak.

HBO better not cancel it at the last minute.

No fucking cinnamon.

David Milch is in gambling debt up to his eyeballs. If HBO has a heart they will throw him a bone.
>tfw Luck's gambling subplot suddenly makes more sense.

don't really see it working as a movie, but it will be really comfy to see bullock and al again

a one man show, starring ian mcshane, titled "cocksucker"

A grotesque named Farnum.

look at 'em all, Richardson, cavortin' together. "E.B. WAS LEFT OUT, E.B. WAS LEFT OUT!"

SWEJIN

RIP Richardson

was EB our guy?

SAN FRANCISCO COCKSUCKA

>mfw the sheriff's killing the mayor

>tfw you want to live in the Deadwood universe
>tfw you'd probably be E.B. Farnum if you were lucky, and Steve the drunk if you weren't

E.B. was the mayor dude

I know what's in the till.

they didn't cancel the entourge movie and look what happened

Doc: Be brief
Jane: BE FUCKED!

I agree, the pacing seems way off. I could really see it working as 3 movies though, in that case they would only need a slightly faster story progression but nothing severely different.

>No reason you’d remember me but I saw you marshal at Abilene. Saw you blow one cocksucker’s head right the fuck off his neck. I also saw you…dead center three bullets on a ace of spade playing card at 25 goddamned paces. Some other loud-mouth like this loud-mouth I just sorted out, said you’d doctored that playing card before you ever tacked it to that tree.
>And did you sort him out, too?
>Goddamned right.
>Well thanks for all that help. Now it’s time you moved along.
>I sorted him out proper. Gouged out the both of his fuckin’ eyes!
>Alright, friend!
>Move along, I’m tired of listenin’ to ya.
>You’re tired of listenin’?
>That’s what he said.
>Oh, I guess everybody’s talkin’ to me now.
>Get the fuck outta here!
>Alright, I hear you, Wild Bill. You don’t need to insult me twice... I’ll tell you what. I hope you get what’s coming to you and I hope it’s sooner rather than later. I hope they sort you
out! And I get to see it! I hope you’re gut shot and die slow! And I hope they get ya in this camp!

Al: I will profane your fucking remains, E.B.

Farnum: Not my remains, Al.

Al: Gabriel's trumpet will produce you from the ass of a pig.

That shit hurt him bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=y07h4mR2zFE

why did he lie about the knife?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

He didn't lie. He said he wouldn't need one.

but he almost used it

Because it turned out he needed one lol

>tfw Bullock gets permanently sidetracked first into a love subplot then into one involving his brother's wife that goes nowhere

so he lied

they rewrote the whole shit with Bullock's nephew was drastically rewritten because the kid's real life mother was such a malignant stage mother cunt in the worst possible way and they just wanted her gone.

Anna Gunn is a showwrecker

jesus i almost forgot she was there

He underestimated Bullock is all.

hmm I take it he was supposed to survive then? do you have a source for this? I had never heard about this.

cracked.com/article_24142_6-behind-the-scenes-reasons-famous-characters-got-killed-off.html
>inb4 "cracked"
it's number 2

My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me suck cock by choice.

Tom Nuttall was the best fucking side character in a show full of great secondary characters. Not to mention he's the only business owner in Deadwood who stayed out of everyone's power games and was generally a well-to-do nice guy.

>That is a lay down you propose! *smack*
>Corruption will never breathe stinky on MY BI-CYCLE!

Only in name.

He had literally no power over anyone except Richardson.

>Mr. Nuttall, you wanna extend another line 'a credit to Mr. Hickock?
>I didn't hear him ask for one.

He bossed the nigger cook

> Sure you wanna stop playing Jack? The game's all that's between you and getting called a CUNT.

>that bicycle subplot ending
breaks my fucking heart every time.

I don't wanna get in a gunfight with you, Bill.

> I won't get into no gun fight with you Hickcock. ;)

> But you will run your cunt mouth at me.... And I will take it to play poker.

Such simpler times my friend. It was beautiful.

I don't think he did. Al was kicking the shit out of Bullock the whole fight until they both fell over the balcony. Bullock just happened to land on top of Al, pinning him in the mud and started ground-pounding him before he could defend himself. Had it stayed in the room or they'd landed any other way except Bullock on top in an automatic pin, it looked like Al would've won.

>And I will take it to play poker.
I love that line so much. He begrudgingly accepts the inevitable shit talking because he just loves to gamble so damn much.

I meant after Bullock's nephew gets trampled and Tom goes to his bar and looks at the bicycle with a mixture of sorrow and disgust.

Why?

Fucking Hostetler

BOCK

WHY

LOW

SWEJIN

>reminder that Calamity Jane is no one's favorite character

>Ain't that the purest form of nigger logic. He runs! He blames the white man! And then he comes back, and he treats 'em like dirt. Hey, when I can I start working for you, you fuckin' monkey-ape! Why don't you start jumpin' up and down, and pounding your chest!

NIG-GER MOTHER FFFUCKER

Childhood is when you idolize Bullock.
Adulthood is when you realize that the Steve makes more sense

That's the one weak point about the show, who the fuck OKd that character

>fucks the sheriff's horse
>makes more sense

Fucking savage lol

Who do you think he voted for?

I unironically think she's purty

With the exception of Hickok and the Earp cameo, Calamity Jane is the most historically famous character on the show. Bullock and Swearengen are nobodies in the eyes of history.

This is probably a gay question from a fag but is Deadwood good? Ian McShane automatically makes anything watchable but these days I need to carefully budget my time spent between shitposts and can't afford to give the 3-episode-watch test anymore.

>watch Deadwood
>decide to google it
>mfw I found out it actually existed

>watch Season 1
>that priest is getting more and more fruity and making less and less sense
>not sure if his lingo is thick or he's just talking shit
>all other characters just stare at him letting him prattle on

>turns out he was quite literally going nuts

> DO NOT interfere with me in any way Chinese Cocksuckers!

Outside of The Sopranos, Al Swearingen's the only truly great character. You can watch him forever.

yes

I was more shocked when I realized Rome existed and Cesar was real and actually got killed there.
I thought it was just a very well written fantasy show like Xena.

>EB, Doc Cochran, Cy

>Believing yourself past surprise does not commend you to me as a friend. A man inadequately sophisticated or merely ignorant, or simply stupid, may believe himself past surprise, then be surprised to discover, for example, that Mr. Hearst already knows of my inclinations and finds them immaterial.
>Suggesting as a corollary that your skills for blackmail and manipulation no longer are assets to you, and for your fatuous belief in their efficacy, in fact have become liabilities.
>In short, you've overplayed your hand.
>Now I should think, in consequence, now recognizing yourself as a man past his time, that during this last transitional period you would devote yourself with grateful and quiet diligence to such uses as others may still find you suitable.

I think its the best series ever made, even above Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire.

You are missing much if you dont give it a chance.

Deadwood is an orgasm wrapped in bacon.
You've done yourself a grave disservice but putting ti off this long.

But they managed to make her endlessly obnoxious without being interesting, funny, or smart. She's awful. They could've made her not awful.

Shakespeare does my head in, while I could watch a season of Deadwood in one sitting

They are great too I guess in their own ways, but don't rise to the heights of Al or the best Sopranos characters, as far as complexity and gravitas.

kek

I've been waiting for someone to bring Walcott to the forefront. :)

HE is proven the best wordsmith of the entire fucking epic. Farnum follows closely behind.

The show just happened to be during an awful point in her life. Had it focused earlier on the American Indian Wars, she'd have been really interesting. Had it focused later on getting legitimacy for her child, the supposed daughter of Wild Bill Hickok, she would've been interesting. But the show only had three seasons and they took place right at Hickok's death where she was mostly a drunken prostitute and vagrant. The least interesting time in her very interesting life.

The thing is this show is much more 'rotgut inspired' than 'colorful drink' inspired. If you weren't gay I'd instantly answered yes. But I think I can recommend it to you as well. It's that good.

>implying Al is the greatest of them all

Free-Gratis.

Is your celestial in position yet?

> Past hope. Past kindness or consideration. Past justice. Past satisfaction. Past warmth or cold or comfort. Past love. But past surprise? What an endlessly unfolding tedium life would then become.

Talk about foreplay.

why didnt they continue it? i want hurst to die already

>tfw he won't be in the movie

He's a jew, you think Hollywood could make him a bad guy?

I brought the actors death up earlier in this thread.

RIP Richardson