Hi I'm commander Shelby. I'm definitely more compentent and capable of being first officer than commander Data...

>hi I'm commander Shelby. I'm definitely more compentent and capable of being first officer than commander Data. That's believable right?

To be fair not many trusted an android to command, this is seen when he takes command of the Sutherland.

I'd be in my grave before I let a Robot be an officer.

Captain. I recommend we beam the guest up immediately!

They don't allow fedora tipping untermenschen in Starfleet so you're in the clear.

Only people in red uniforms can be first officer user

I wish Shelby had stuck around. Worf took over Yar's position, but they never really "replaced" her as such, she could have.

The colour indicates their current position, you can change position and get a new uniform. Worf went from Conn officer (Red) in season 1 to Security (Yellow) when he replaced Tasha to Command (Red) when he transferred to DS9.

>fedora tipping untermenschen in
A lot of projecting there, Juan. I'm neither of those at all. Star fleet would beg me to join as another red shirt.

Shut the fuck up, you stupid space nigger.

something something sexual organs

Shelby was trying to take Riker's job.
Not Data.

>You will never again see a Star Trek show with model shots
Why even live?

Indeed he was

The point they're trying to make is that Data is the ship's Second Officer and should become First Officer if Riker left for another ship or assumed command. It doesn't quite work that way, though.

>Tell me about about your rape gangs commander
What did she mean by this?

Why should he be?

That's pretty superficial logic, like there aren't other officers in starfleet outside the enterprise.

I would boldly go where every man has gone before

>Hi! I don't understand hierarchy of military ranks.

>like there aren't other officers in starfleet outside the enterprise.
They have a hell of a shortage after Wolf359

They also had a shortage of ships so it kinda balanced itself out