Korean Drama

Does anybody watch them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8YKNxItb7AA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Double bump

Yes, but I watch them. I'm kinda behind though. The last one I watched Was Last. About to watch Cinderella and the 4 knights.

Only seen a few movies over the years, any good shows recently? Pic related was my favorite when I watched years ago

Not that user, I watched a good korean movie several months ago, A Girl At My Door

Sounds cool

I have these, haven't watched any of them though,.

History of a Salaryman, Descendants of the Sun, Coffee prince, Iris 1 and 2, protect the Boss,Neighborhood Hero,Scarlet Heart: Ryeo,Let's Drink,A Man Called God,Uncontrollably Fond,Monster, Spy Myung and Last.

There are tons more,but there are all drama romance.

Seen over 170 Korean movies, but only seen 2 episodes of a Kdrama.
Korean dramas are so fucking painful to sit through. Same romance shit all the time with over-acting, everyone looking the same: young, thin, plastic surgery up the ass.
Boring.

i'm watching the alien one

it's like anime but with real azns :3c

Sounds like you are only watching romances.

I loved Another Oh Hae Young

Name one that doesn't have romance or same-face Korean youths.

Last and History of a Salaryman.

>History of a Salaryman

Looks alright. Don't think I'll ever watch it but as least you came up with one.

>Korean dramas are so fucking painful to sit through. Same romance shit all the time with over-acting, everyone looking the same: young, thin, plastic surgery up the ass.
Just tangentially related, but I love the shit out of chink wuxia movies and thought the same thing as you when I looked at their tv shows.

I mean you aren't really wrong, but there are some good ones out there. Also you can say the same thing with american tv shows. CBS is putting out two shows with the same concept this season.

Yeah, it's weird. I think Korean movies are glorious, even the romance ones like A Moment to Remember, but then the dramas.... jesus fuck.

I think with the Chinese and Koreans, they take all the worse parts of the short and contained movies, and then stretch them out to a season of cliches. There's a small bunch of dramas that always look interesting, but then I can never motivate myself to watch it. Sad days, man. Sad days.

Anyone seen this? "Sanadamaru"

Looks like it could be entertaining.

I tried to watch Japanese drama's once. It was pretty much watching live action anime.

Can you recommend some Korean movies? No matter the genre, whatever you think it's a must watch.

Sheeeeit, I do say the same thing with American shows. I just can't watch shows in general unless they exceptionally amazing.
It's just easier to watch movies for me. They're shorter, and you can just turn it off halfway if it sucks. But dramas require a lotta commitment.
Even the most meh Korean dramas are still better than most American drama shit, though. I'll say that much.

You ever seen A Moment to Remember? That movie ruined the romance genre on a whole for me. It was so great and sincere, I just can't feel for any other romances 'cause they're never as good as in A Moment to Remember.

Watch the vengeance trilogy

And that's why they are bad

K-drama - C-drama - J-drama

I made this list back in the day. Most people don't believe me, but I did. During the good old days of Kaiji, with his inferior list.
There's a lot more I can add to it, but I still think the ones I ticked off are incredible.

Since we seem to be talking Asian shit in general, is anyone watching this literal Taiwanese puppet show? It has better action than most live action stuff. Also, Urobutcher is the writer.

I'm watching it, it's great

The fuck
I need to watch that tonight

>castaway on the moon not ticked

Where do I download dramas now that d-addicts is gone

Thanks user, looks great.

fucking windstruck in rom-com
it deserves its own category, cold manipulative, or something like that.

That was a mistake I regretted. It's one of my favs in retrospect. I'd make another list like that if I wasn't a lazy horse.

good lad

It's tries too hard to be tearjerky at times, especially that heavenly ending crap and the fake-out death scene, but it's not bad and it's a blast to watch with your girlfriend if she's into stuff like that too.

please tell me a moment to remember doesn't commit that same sin.

Do Gooks not do martial art flicks like Chinks? Most of the stuff in 'action' seems to be with guns.

Heck no. There is one scene that's supposed to make you cry, but it doesn't feel forced. And then there's a lot of other parts that just get to you, even when nothing is really happening, but you're thinking about what the characters are feeling, and then you start tearing up from just what's in the scene. It's a great romance movie. It's not comedic or serious-modo, but it's genuine and kinda has a sad point about how much you really need someone sometimes and how building your life around someone can end up hurting.

I can't really think of any korean action flicks that have a lot of guns outside of war flicks.

usually it's just a scene or two where there are guns being used.

Marrying the Mafia 2-4, Friend, My Scary Girl, Once Upon a Time, My Dear Desperado, Silenced ,Nameless Gangster : Rules of the Time, How to Use Guys with Secret Tips,Cyrano Agency, Penny Pinchers, Happiness for Sale, Guns & Talks, Conduct Zero, New World, The Righteous Thief, Over my Dead Body

i'll give it a try then, but that synopsis was giving me serious 'tryhard' vibes it seemed baity as fuck, but i have free time, so lets do that.

The only martial art ones I can think of is The Art of Fighting, which is fucking dogshit, boring and a waste of your time alive before you die forever, also some special-effects one called Arahan, which is good in the first 20 minutes when wtf happened, I have no idea. It turned to shit.

It's hard to make Taekwondo look badass as kung fu I guess.

ahjussi aka man from nowhere had good ones.

I recently watched Bromance which is a Taiwanese drama. It might be the most unintentional homoerotic thing. I've watched in a while.

Nah, it's not tryhard as I'm making it out to be. I just get emotional during it.
You wont regret it.Hope the thread'll still be up whenever you finish it.

yeah but only one scene at the end if i recall, and the guns are thrown away relatively early on in the last fight

Better then A Company man.

I always forget about this one, but it's not that heavy on the action compared to other movies, but it's still great.
A Bittersweet Life is similar. It's an action movie with not that much action, but it doesn't miss it at all.

A Company Man made me sad. People hyped it up so much and it turned out to be mediocre in every way.

Felt the same way after watching Friend 2. Loved the first one. The second is just another mafia movie.

Anyone watched the fugitive: plan b? That snow is super fun to watch.

Chingu???? There's a 2nd one?? What the fuck.
Shit, I wish you didn't say that. I'm obligated to check it out now. Hope I like it more than you.

youtu.be/8YKNxItb7AA

The whole show is on YouTube thank you based KBS

All Asian shows after 2000 is literally shit.
>Romance
>everyone's is literally a model

The only good Show I would recommend:

Three kingdom
The samurai (if you don't mind black and white)
zatoichi series

All Asian shows before 2000 look like shit today. Tried to watch Young and Dangerous and it's unwatchable.

>cinderella
lets see if it is still comfy

I like it. It's nothing ground breaking.

Let's watch this together Cred Forums