What was his greatest mistake?

What was his greatest mistake?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sjEzJdblLlY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Irrationally killing that broadcaster in japan obviously
If he hadn't done that, L would've had to narrow him down from 6 billion people, and good fucking luck with THAT.

not banging misa

killing that newscaster

Working with L

Not testing Mikami's Death Note before going to the warehouse.

Not committing racial genocide.

not getting the eyes
killing too many

>he kept watching after L died

Being a virgin

This.

Picking up the book.

I wonder if they will ever make an anime adaption of the prequel novel.

picking up the book, since using it makes you have to live in purgatory for eternity.

Pretty sure he lost it during the timeskip.

Did Light become a shinigami after his death?

He didn't believe in souls anyway. He had nothing to lose.

is the novel good?

In the manga humans have no afterlife. In the anime this is ambiguous (which makes it better).

This is not in anyway related to this board, please delete this

Not just walking away when his Ultimate Final Plan was failing. He could have easily left the scene and Near would have had literally nothing on him, and would have burned his bridges with the police as they wouldn't trust his judgement again. From then everyone who opposed him would have been easy pickings.

Killing broadcast decoy for no fucking reason
Hacking his police dad database and leaving fuckload of traces
Trusting retards (Misa)
Challenging L by refusing to stop the murders or change his schedule until the investigation dies
Trusting even more retards (Mikami)

>television and film
>OP's post is about a television show
It is though.

Not burning the book when he made it

>there are people who unironically watched the second half

Would he really have been able to walk away after he found out that Death Note was fake instead of revealing his power level? My memory of the show is very fuzzy.

He was essentialy Ryuuk's hostage the entire time. He had to stay entertaining.

being a fag

Literally an adaptation in the works, not to mention three existing japanese live action films

He was gay.

Not fucking the hot FBI woman, realistically could he have actually done it?

Yeah second half was bad

Easily. Their only """"""""""""proof"""""""""""" was the fact that Mikami didn't write his name in the fake note. Good luck proving actual murders, fuckfaces

All he had to do was fuck off. I'm certain he still had access to a Death Note, and Nears plan revolved around him revealing himself like an idiot. At the very least he would have gotten off scot free with no way of proving he was ever involved.

The whole Yotsuba Arc was bad desu, Ray Penber & his fiancèe was the peak.

Killing the newscaster decoy is the start of his screw-ups. (and probably his biggest overall mistake)

Giving L the ability to narrow down the population so heavily really boxed him in. Plus killing the newscaster was pure ego and childish spite.

If he had realized this and walked away, he might have be humbled and better prepared for a future second attempt.

I think at that stage Near would just have him killed.

The first guy he killed was Japanese

>adaptation
>producer literally says "full of nudity, swearing and violence (like the original)"
if there ever was any doubt it would be shit, there isn't anymore

Why is anime always full of characters giving these monologues where they have these insane jumps of logic and are able to perfectly explain the hidden motivations and actions of other characters?

I noticed it first in Death Note but tons of other shows do it.

Responding at all to the possibility of being discovered. With his hiding place and the untraceable nature of the death note there's really no way anyone could've ever discovered it was him committing the crime.

The times that the murders occurred is irrelevant. There's 7 billion people on Earth and a lot of them live on 9-5 M-F adult schedules. He should've never had anything to worry about.

Anime is made for children. The more you know

Why can't you contain this shit to Cred Forums you fucking faggot?

Not getting eyes , dumb move desu.

It was good. Especially the ending. Maybe without it I could agree but it was executed perfectly. Mello's intrigue and how it's relevant to the last episode is a little hard to understand but once it's clear it makes perfect sense why both Mello and Near are not as good as L both as detectives and as characters and why they work so well when we take the two together.

Goes back to
Everyone in anime is a super genius who can somehow deduce everything about the other characters from information that only the viewer should have

He wasn't as smart as he thought he was

Why, Near needed solid proof to convince the police to act. If Light just left, Near would have literally nothing ibn the way of proof.

It's a thing anime does. You may notice the lack of or at least extremely minimal animation during these monologues. They exist to cut costs.

This. Anime is all we need anyway. Just 37 episodes. A perfect length which is rare for animes. And it lacks many traits associated with this genre so it's easily accessible for people who aren't fans of it (like me).

I think a lot of the bullshit in anime is down to the translations. The Japanese language is a lot more elaborate and it sounds really pompous when translated directly into English. It's why every anime every made has a long metaphorical speech about the wind.

It's Neer
Not near

Not bringing his own paper instead of using ones in home . Ultimate failure let him nails to death. He became irrogant he knew people was tracing him when he saw paper thing and door lock , but didnt get suspicious about when aizami said im gonna look otel room while he was leaving hotel in taxi

>a lot more elaborate

What? It's much more straightforward than English, the reason speeches are long is because the succinct information in Japanese directly translated into English sounds like autism so they have to pad it out.

Is it true that he was one letter away from killing Near with his blood? I thought I remembered that detail from the anime but couldn't see it when I rewatched this scene.

trusting other people.. i mean thats how he lost when that kill kill kill guy wrote the name of mello in the book when he wasnt suppose to revealing where the real death note is.

He would be caught already if he didnt trusted misa misa. Tbh misa was more smart compare to mikazi or tnh reporter

Why didn't Rem kill Light when she realized he's gonna force her to kill L (thus killing herself in the process). Was she just bluffing earlier when she said she will kill Light if he's gonna hurt Misa?

You should just go ask on /a... By the way congrats on finishing your babies first anime

Misa would never forgive Rem if Rem killed Light.

Not using the damn book strategically. Killing random criminal has no effect on the humanity well being. Using it like a surgical instead of freaking chainsaw would yield better result.

Who cares if some random petty theft died, use your brain L. A targeted killing would be less suspicious and yield better result.

It was my second anime because I used to watch DBZ too. And I watched some Attack on Titan but I know the quality dropped since Battle of Trost arc and never recovered so I dropped it.
I don't care about anime. Not like that. It simply means an animated show from Japan which is way too broad to love it as a principle. A show being anime isn't good or bad in itself. If it's good I may watch it but I prefer live action.

I wonder how the Death Note reacts to machines. Could you save your wrist strength by having a robot arm write the names in the book? A robot arm can't mentally picture the face of the victim but you could have a screen depict the face, or have the user just be touching the pen and picturing the face while the arm is writing.

I only ask because if I had a Death Note I'd be collecting millions of names to be putting in there in one fell swoop and I wouldn't want to get tendonitis or calcification.

Taking the potato chip

And eating it

Not fucking up his own name twice in the death note to safeguard from someone killing him by writing it.

The big questions are:

What would you do with a death note, Cred Forums?
Do you agree with Light, with what he did? He did lower crime on a global scale.

Kill all Leftist politicians.

All the shit he did in the first few episodes, he unnecessarily narrowed down the search area and gave away information about the powers of the Death Note. If he hadn'tve done that, L would've remained clueless. You don't even have to be a 'genius' like Light to compete with L if you're some anonymous guy with the Death Note and L knows nothing about how that works.

Intentionally messing up a name multiple times like that would kill the user.

>not stopping at 25
WEW

mellow out :^)

Don't use it. Just chill with the shinigami if it decides to lurk with me

>watching death note
>pretty good
>"Alright I'm going to make a criminal test out the Death Note to prove this rule is real" bravo L you madman you did it again-
>he fucking dies
>L fucking dies

Should I even keep watching at this point? Kira went from genius to downright bullshit.

Stopping halfway through? Never.

i stopped watching when fucking L appeared out of nowhere, istting like a fucking retard on his chair, and some other bullshit scenes.

that shit was so fucking retarded.

the first half was great tho

oh ok

not just getting some guys with guns (like the ones who kill mello) to wipe out everyone at the warehouse meet up

near was so married to beating light with deathnotes that he overlooks conventional means of killing people

wouldnt be hard to recruit them, have someone walk into a place where the kira is god people congregate write out a message with instructions then die

light could have killed all his gunmen afterwards to cover his tracks

It's a damn good scene. And you miss him for the rest of the show which is actually pretty effective because you feel his presence. His impact. This and how it affected Light are among my favorite things about post-L Death Note together with the ending.
And I actually like the replacemenents. They can't match L and that's the point.

>giving a fuck about nothing personnel: the manga/anime

Light was dumb with killing cops, it wasn't necessary in the first place. He's lucky it didn't cause a PR backlash.

I can theoretically agree with the execution of heinous people, the problem is that unless you actually saw the crime happen yourself, you can never be 100% sure of guilt. There's guilty people exonerated beyond doubt regularly, even people on death row.

Not even counting the police, Light probably killed tons of innocents.

You could probably effect pretty big political statements though, most importantly with being able to control a victim's actions before their death. Now you can't make them kill others, but that's still a lot of actions open to you. You can make a President decree a new executive order, pardon tons of people, you can make a high ranking terrorist give up intel on where all the cells are at, make a rich crook give you all his money, stuff like that.

Don't even have top hire anyone.

Find about 20 random dudes,wrote them all in to get guns, kill everyone at x location,then commit suicide.

Light could turn literally anybody into a suicidal hitman.

Isn't one of the rules you can't make a person kill another person?

Youre a faggot and an idiot and none of that is true.

That's correct.

L is fucking dead though and I'm tired of Light's insane jumps through logic and ridiculous plans. I'll watch it anyways though.

On par with the thread, the first half was really great. They actually felt like geniuses instead of goddamn bullshitters (like L getting that phone from Misa, what the fuck was that?). Light social engineering his way out of Ray Penbar's wife was the fucking peak.

it was great when it came out. Re-watching it now it's pretty corny and cheesy which just adds to it

But that is true. Not that user, but the point of Mello and Near is that alone they weren't good enough to stop Kira. Near actually says this when Light is ousted at the warehouse, at least in the manga.

I wonder how far you could get with something like "Defend Light Yagami with your life". They may not try to overtly kill the arresting officers, but they'd make their best possible effort to save him. And accidents can always happen, use of the Death Note does indirectly alter the life span of others whose names aren't written down.

Ok then,wrote the cops the in to grab any weapond Near had on him,then runtil away to kill themselves elsewhere. Now is just Light and his fanatic against Near.

Near's monologue at the end saves it. Turns out he did have a sense of justice after all.

OK, that would have worked. Maybe he simply didn't want to kill the police.

not killing Soros

Also one of my favorite scenes, can't even find a pic of it anywhere because you can't type anything associated with DN without finding a ton of fangirl yaoi trash, is the reporter bravely telling everyone that he doesn't buy Kira's bullshit and then giving his name.

>Misa has eyes
>make Misa see L without getting caught
>Write down "L dies in 3 months"
>go to the prison voluntarily claiming you might be Kira and are worried
>criminals keep dying because you wrote them beforehand
>L dies
>everyone knows it can't be Light since he has been in prison all this time
>they let him free
>yatta keikaku doori

wew lad it's not that difficult

>It was good. Especially the ending
Except they ruined the ending completely when they turned Mikami into some nutjob comitting sudoku instead of showing him shitting on Light's ideals after finding out his true nature.
Also, the part with Matsuda shitting on Near and saying that Light actually did the world good.

and the plottwist with Ryuko

Light literally has zero qualms about killing police. He is ready to kill people for the crime of annoying him within HOURS of obtaining the Death Note. He stopped being a moral crusader fighting for justice so fast that if you round up instead of down he's evil for 100% of the series.

Gantz x Death Note crossover when?

>L can see the shinigami and suspects Light so bad
>"lemme out this thing that will arrest both Light and Misa. i wont possibly get killed"

L should have done his shit in private. Fucking idiot.

I feel like you're talking about an adaptation and not realizing the reply chain has been about the second half of Death Note, period

>Light literally has zero qualms about killing police.

I'm not talking about generic "police" though, I mean the people he's been working with for months/years

Well I'd say suicide via pen is a good way to show your dissatisfaction with your worldview crumbling down.

>It's why every anime every made has a long metaphorical speech about the wind.

Is he smart, Cred Forums?

>What would you do with a death note, Cred Forums?

I'd probably use it to kill the man that murdered my sister, then leave it at that.

Yes. He had a clear disadvantage against Light.

No

to begin with announcing Kira that he broadcasted the fake L death thing only in Kanto made his job infinitely harder. Like there was absolutely no reason to do so, had he not told Kira that he would've got him easily extremely fast

>evil for 100% of the series
fucking anime

Why didn't he just fucking kill Light?

>muh proof

Light would've figured out who Batman was. Just everybody else irl.

Could Batman beat Kira?

God, Death Note has a strong beginning. I can only imagine the reaction of the youngsters who read the first chapter. The very character of Light is just captivating.

>Misa can see L's true name
>Misa already knows that L is Kira's enemy and she would definitely kill him
>Canonically make L's true name L Lawliet at the end
>Misa didn't find it noteworthy to meet someone literally named L

BRAVO

>Mom makes pasta (I hate pasta)
>tell her I've already eaten
>she tells me it's alright then, I don't have to eat
>mfw I actually haven't eaten and she fell right into my trap, like a moth to the flame
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

POOOOORN

ITT: Times when you acted like Kira?

>first opening is beautiful, melancholy, philosophical
>second opening is AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT'S UP PEOPLE

are you implying that all black people look alike?

youtube.com/watch?v=sjEzJdblLlY
One of the best anime endings imo.

I know. I never skip the second opening.

>AGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT'S UP PEOPLE

What did they mean by this?

They actually got away with dropping an f-bomb.

second opening was great

You forgot to write her name down.

>best student in the country
>tall and handsome
>got blonde model bitch
>died a virgin

Did Light have sex or did he do the impossible and died a virgin like Lelouch?

I just watched episode 25, where L dies

it's pretty evident that he had a hunch things might go horribly south, that he could very well die any given moment. In fact throughout the episode he acted as if he was SURE he would die

so why didn't he lay any kind of trap for Light? He just died like a bitch with nothing, despite knowing it would probably happen. He was still sure Light was Kira

He never had sex with Misa but probably scored with Takada.

MUH

P R O O F

>implying suzaku wasn't gagging on lelouch's cock every minute off screen

Light had "help" from a different world. L could only plant the seeds for Kira's eventual downfall in the future. Not sure about their last moments together. Maybe he wanted Light to be good really bad. Or to make him crack.

>this fucking episode

Saddest death.

What's wrong?
My father's cellphone should be on now.