Why aren't movies fun anymore?

Why aren't movies fun anymore?

Everything either feels too serious or too obscene.

Movies aren't supposed to be fun

SJWs

the shitty realism fad

This

Nolan fucked movies, but Disney/Marvel are slowly fixing it

Capeshit and franchises have killed all creativity.

Audiences have gotten worse too. If something as fun and bold as MiB had come out today, wannabe critics on the internet would endlessly drone on about plot holes and how overrated they thought it was.

>Disney/Marvel are slowly fixing it

NO MORE CAPESHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Realism and Superheroes really fucked up TV/Movies. Everything has to be grimdark realism if it isn't on network TV, otherwise it's a trash tier family sitcom or police procedural.

Consider suicide

Disney/Marvel is swinging thd pendulum too far in the other direction imo. It works for some things but not everything.

it's not about the superheros, it's about the tone

Warner Bros realized it, all those movie trailers they showed at comic-con or whatever had a more Marvel-y tone, Kong looks more colorful and like more of an adventure movie than their Godzilla. Same with the Guy Richie king arthur movie and all the other stuff they announced.

Dead pool and zootopia were both pretty fun

Can you imagine this scene in a contemporary blockbuster?

I'm so fucking sick of capeshit. It's the same fucking movie every time.

I just want some new IPs, goddammit! Not just regurgitated shit from the past.

>doing the extreme opposite
>fixing it

you goddamn mongoloid

LMAO

i'd rather have Nolan

And look how successful deadpool was.

people are still racist in movies, I don't know why you think you have to ripoff a scene fro ma 20 year old movie to somehow be good.

Fucking get your head checked.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, and the Lego Movie were three of the best times I've ever had in a movie theater.

Member when movies were fun?

MIB would have been shat on Cred Forums if it came out today, the reasons would be: there are jokes, it has a black character, the white male character is replaced by a black character, the black character gets a white woman as a partner.

Because people confuse fun with childishness.

Okay, DEFINE "The Fun" in the cinema!? Pick the examples...

Disney is doing realism, it's just obnoxiously lighthearted realism.

>why aren't movies fun anymore
>implying