trelby.org/
writerduet.com/
celtx.com/

>Active Contests
screencraft.org/screenwriting-contests/
tblaunchpad.com/
filmfreeway.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1OoDpijRIiyNNbQTNpWAfvHwejpyu919jrAzL5bisY9Q/mobilebasic
discord.gg/PJt5S
youtube.com/watch?v=txGvEq5KDhc
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BybNvm-CX6dkSEVxWG83dHlzanc
vimeo.com/63127085
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm the Larry Clark esque script guy. Just tidying it up as far as formatting goes. In the process of getting feedback from a few peers too.

I will never write another word until "Literature and Latte" makes a Scrivener app for Android like they have done for iOS.

Dead serious.

>Useful Resources: Filmmaking
Why include this when less than 1% of the posts will be about camera shit and photography?

Check the archives

shit you're reading to try to suck slightly less?

I just copied and pasted it from the last one.

Personally, I'm interested in those but barely know how to operate a fuckin camera right now.

Me too. I wish the threads were separated. I do not give one single fuck about screenwriting, but oh well.

Decided to focus on my sketch show pilot and leave making a feature project until next year. So far written 3 out of the 6 sketches. Not sure what Im gonna do with it when Im done, I'd upload it eventually but I want it to be more than just another video no one watches. Anyone know any tv based festivals?

Let's just see it now.

If you want to talk about filmmaking, start the conversation. /fmg/s weren't getting more than 20-30 posts on their own.

Is it weird that I dont want to talk about filmmaking around a bunch of screenwriting fucks?

Yes, you idiot. Plenty of people are interested in both.

writer and director > writer OR director

Why?

Look at the response above yours. Auteur theory cancer is everywhere. It's the philosophy behind this thread.

Is there something wrong with someone wanting to be an auteur?

Oh nvm. I just googled auteur theory. Yeah that sounds pretentious as fuck. Why are screenwriters always shit on?

Was just about to make a thread. Thank you.

>Why include this when less than 1% of the posts will be about camera shit and photography?
To change that.

>Personally, I'm interested in those but barely know how to operate a fuckin camera right now.
How about you actually look at the fucking links?
>I do not give one single fuck about screenwriting
You don't need to.

I'm filming some indoor shots and nature time lapses while saving up for a decent editing rig and, later on (when I'm not shit), a better camera.

I've got some good locations so far, especially pic related for a low budget horror.

I'd love to edit horror one day

Here

docs.google.com/document/d/1OoDpijRIiyNNbQTNpWAfvHwejpyu919jrAzL5bisY9Q/mobilebasic

>Guy: More like Fagnifico!

I hate myself for laughing.

What makes something pretentious to you? When do you know that you're being pretentious?

Still working on this (if anyone remembers it or the joke version).

The brother who goes into foster care gets the support and opportunities he needs and becomes a police officer. He finds his missing brother, the run away, on a drugs bust and hides him from the other officers. Takes him in, tries to help him sort his life out, even as his drug-addict brother steals and pawns his things, gets in trouble, runs away again.

I like it because I don't care about it so much that I get caught up in trying to make it perfect. It's way more relaxing to write a story you're not invested in.

bumo

bump

thread's dead, baby

I'm such a fuck, I have like 5 scripts I should be working on but I have been putting them off for over a year. There's one that's almost finished and I just have to do one final draft and then another brush up/edit and it'll be done but I just feel like it's gonna too much work and I don't touch it. Please end my worthless life

I haven't done or made anything.

I've been planning the same two movies for years and one's an adaptation.

discord.gg/PJt5S

fuck these threads

sometimes they can be good, though in my recent experience only the solo /swg/ threads have been really active and productive

Neither are helpful.

Just recently figured out how I'm gonna start episode 1 of my animated sci-fi action show. Feels good to finally have made some progress. Nothing script wise written down, but I just started getting into the groove of my writing process, which is weird as fuck to say the least.

Good luck.

Here's a little excerpt from my latest work. It's not too bad, r-right guys?

Is it like Ravens of Mars?

youtube.com/watch?v=txGvEq5KDhc

I got a sneak preview of the first episode of this masterpiece because my friend works for the marketing company this moron hired

Oh my god, you're kidding me

You just don't understand!!!

No man, I think it's funny as fuck. A courtroom drama trying to figure out the aftermath of the plane scene is great. Could be a really good conspiracy thriller

Oh, thanks.

I need more context. From this page alone, it's not clear if we're in court, on a late night show, on a debate, or whatever. That would shed some light as to the acceptableness of your dialogue.

It doesn't show here but it's in the Senate Chamber, and it's presumably on CSPAN because the press is there. And there is a Senator in charge here.

That's a sweet fucking name for a series. Shame it looks like butt. Or is that like placeholder animation?
And no, it's not gonna be like that. This is something that will never see the light of day for many many years. Not until I can afford a competent team and not have some studio fuck stick their dick in my work. Plus it's not really gonna be for kids.

That's not placeholder animation. The first episode is honestly one of the worst, most surreal things I have ever seen. I don't know how this guy can keep sinking money into it and think that he's going to make a good show because it is just awful in every way. I will definitely make a thread here if it ever gets a release btw.

Anyway tell me a little more about your series, what's the premise?

>just got a job as an equipment PA at a production house
>start on Tuesday
>don't know fucking anything
help

Takes place in the future, think Deus Ex 1 or Early Ghost in Shell. A detective works with the NYPD every now and then, helping them solve some of the harder cases. The detective has a secret though. Through unknown circumstances he can transform into a kind of bio armored monster, where he then dishes out vigilante justice.
I have a real love for that kind of shit, guy turns into monster to fight other monsters. Funny that there's not a name for that genre. If there is I don't know what it is.

Sounds cool, how do you plan on marketing/publishing it?

I am not even looking at that at this point in time. I just wanna focus on getting it written.
And yeah I know, what's the point if it never gets made, but eh, whatever. I have other shit that I wanna get made. This is one of those ones that I can wait for. Not a magnum opus or anything, but a real passion project.
But since you asked . . . if I wanted to be an absolute asshole I could market it as an action Call of Duty/Modern Deus Ex brofest style of show. But I tend to be a nice guy so I probably won't do that.

tru

Has anyone here used any vintage lenses on a Nikon body? I'm thinking of picking up some.

How was the quality compared to the newer versions?

Same guy. Keep in mind I also wanna direct this thing to. I'm one of "those" kinds of writers lol

Is this thread dead? I had a question

got drunk last night listening to heavy psy-trance. Decided to actually write something.

This is it. The first thing I've actually written.

1/3

wat m8?

2/3

Waiting to see what happens to dany, will post question soon

3/3

Yeah so holy shit can you believe that dany has fucking electrical powers or whatever anyway was just wondering if strunk and whites the elements of style is still relevant in this day and age

I guess most of the time? But you don't always have to follow the norm.

I'll come clean, I didn't really have a question and just wanted to bump the thread. Please forgive me

You're forgiven.

>9 inch nails

Kek. If people from Cred Forums start making real movies anytime soon there will be a large amount of mainstream films flooded with subtle memery

I have a technical screenwriting question:
After you establish a scene (say INT. MANSION - DAY) and then have a scene after that that's just the continuation, what are you supposed to type for temporal settings (EXT. MANSION - GARDEN - ???)
I've read scripts where they just type LATER or RIGHT AFTER to imply it's still the previous time period, but I've also seen some where they just write no time setting at all.
What do?

Do what ever you think is best. Did they literally just walk out there and you just didn't show the few seconds it took them to leave the mansion? Or is this like 15 minutes after the previous scene? Use your own judgement on the timeline

Bane?

If anyone is interested this is 2015 Blacklist, most scripts are there
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BybNvm-CX6dkSEVxWG83dHlzanc

nice one

Any students here?

Oh shit! That's exactly what I needed. Thank you user.

Technically I have a lifetime enrollment.

Technically that was fucking stupid

That shits way too expensive. Self teaching.

What? I have a lifetime enrollment.

Was.

I'm moving to Toronto or New York in a year to start my way in the business... I really am looking forward to 16 to sometimes 22 hour work days.

Fuck everything.

>Not welcoming death daily
YA GABAG KIDDO, YOU'LL NEVA MAKE IT IN SHOWBIZ

I don't care for the "you'll never make it" shit. I'm doing this shit for life. I can't hold any other job because I don't have the passion for any other job.

If I make it to being a semi-successful person in film making six figures a year, I'm good.

never studied film
but i dropped out of studying other things after 4 years
now i waste away

SCREW YOU DAD! IMMA BE SUMBUDY! YA HEER MEH!?

Looks like all of it was still in production. I have trouble believing you

I've seen the entire episode man, it's no different. In fact it might be worse, just the most shameful embarrassing thing I've ever seen. I wish I could show you but it's nowhere on the internet. Might get my friend to send it to me if he still has it and make a thread about it tomorrow or something

22 hours are illegal as a shooter. You'll do 18 hours tops (beyond that is illegal) and even that is really rare. The average is 12 hours, but 13 and 14 hour days are uncommon. Every now and then you'll do 15 or 16 hour days.

Source: guy who actually works in production in NY

It's illegal but doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's how it is, the industry has many unwritten rules. A major one being working sometimes 20 hours straight.

You should know this, and have heard of Who Needs Sleep? documentary on the poor working hour regulations in the industry

vimeo.com/63127085

Not following your link but I don't believe you.

LMAO then why even reply? Get out of here kid.

OK

>considers artistic development as repeating that you colored things in twice
I feel bad for the guy

First year SCCFS student here
What am I in for lads

Making six figures ain't that Hard in the film industry. It just takes time. Grips, electrics, camera, scenics, wardrobe, hair and makeup, script supervisor, teamsters, caterers, props, sound, ads, carpenters, and set dressers are all below the line positions that work daily in production that can make 100k a year. Some have to work for it more than others though.

And trust me on this. Unless you're above the line, you'll have no passion for this job after the twelfth hour ticks off. Sucks not having a life outside of set.

Pic related: New Amazon show I worked on recently

Non-union? Sure. On a union set they shut it down. All the union guys just stop working and pack their trucks not giving no fucks for the production. Which is fare cause a lot of production companies are shit at managing their work force. You'll have to be there to experience it, but take my word for it.

Also, this law is pretty recent. Not sure when, but after several people died from a car accident due to lack of sleep a few years ago after working a long day, they made it illegal to work beyond 18 hours.

If it happened recently I would have heard of it. Word gets around when shit like that goes down. I mean hell, I'll hear about shows that will make you work 14+ hours or a lot of night shoots.

I can only speak for NY though

bump

I couldn't help but notice that I found a high camera angle more suitable for a scene with two people talking to each other, in comparison to a scene in another movie where the shot was low angle.

Has anyone else found the same thing?

what

Depends on the scene itself and what's happening in it.

pretend like you know everything

yeh