Thoughts?

Thoughts?

more like killing me of boredom upvote if you agree

Fuckin' homerun, user, homerun!

+1

i only remember that sexy sawn off shotgun and somebody died next to a car at some point

Poor man's Drive

literally cards against humanity the movie

He killed him softly.

I don't even know what that means.

THIS

I thought it was good. A solid B.

Movie was pushing its message WAY TOO MUCH. God.

The scenes with Gandolfini would NEVER END.

Otherwise, a great film. One of the few truly anti-establishment films during the Obama administration.

Good movie that fell short of the bar that TAOJJBTCRF set

Yeah, the political parallels were obvious. He was trying to do the 2007 financial crisis version of The Godfather, equating capitalism to crime, but it was obvious.

The film is gorgeous, though.

It was okay. The only problem I had is that they REALLY hit you over the head with the fucking theme of the movie. Tony Sopranos was probably the only memorable character in the movie.

Rip Tone ;_;

lol. while i like Drive, it's ultimately just a shallow, glorified b-movie. Killing Them Softly actually has a well-written screenplay, adult themes, and spectacular visuals. KTS > Drive, any day of the week.

leave kid

a baiting ape

THERE'S A MAN... WALKING 'ROUND... TAKING NAMES

All star cast. Homerun Plot...Fantastic action sequences.

Ending was a bit weak but this movie was actually great.

upvote xdxdxd

I loved this movie actually, I thought it was super underrated.

got a pretty good hearty kek at scoot mcnairy and his bro, like their sawn off shotgun lmao tf man

Brad Pitt's character was kind of a cliche. Badass hitman guy walking around like a cowboy

A boring movie based around one line of dialogue at the end which makes humanitarian students cream their pants

boring

weird

one of my favorites. Only criticism people have is "wah its boring :(" which is not a problem if youre not a child and "le shoehorned politics" which is a valid point to make a parallel with crime and it only appears eveyr now an then on the radio

A film being boring is a very valid criticism.

What's the point in entertainment if it's fucking boring? This film is nothing but a waste of time. So many pointless scenes and pointless shots.

Brad Smith's character was cookie cutter. Honestly, the film had one good part and that was the last line of the film; which ended up feeling forced in

I mean, the film bored me personally because I had no investment in the film and the story wasn't very interesting. The dialogue wasn't great and the direction was average at best. Cinematography was OK though.

The whole film is just 'America is about false hope and money!' but condensed with a boring story.

Honestly, a film about a struggling politician who falls into corruption would have been way more poinient for the film's message, but instead the filmmakers wanted to make a mix between pulp fiction and goodfellas.

The film isn't boring because of the political message, its boring because it lacks substance and a talented director

Bossman at national nonprofit decides this will be the movie we see for our debated over Christmas party. I wanted go karts and video games in Hillsboro. We are allowed to drink a beer and order an appetizer at the trendy Portland living room theatre. I watch Tony Soprano doggystyle a prostitute with my coworkers.

Sounds like a heck of a time user

>lol

I enjoyed it. Everyone else I've talked to thinks it was horrible.

I liked the tension with the economic crisis and pending election. The radio sounds and bar television added to the story. Was a dirty film. One needs to shower in hot water after watching type of flick.

>A film being boring is a very valid criticism.
let me tell when a film is boring. Is something happening in the screen?
>yes
not boring
>no
boring :)
> So many pointless scenes and pointless shots.
name one
>Brad Smith's character was cookie cutter.
what
>Honestly, the film had one good part
>not the robbery scene
>not when brad meets the guy at the bar and spooks him
>not Brad and Soprano talking in the bar and the hotel room

>and that was the last line of the film; which ended up feeling forced in
the last line is literally 2edgy4me garbage, it shows what you are looking for in a film and why you didnt like this one. You didnt mind and alcoholic assassin getting divorced, a man getting killed by something he didnt do.

I mean the best part was arguably Brad scaring and persuading one of the robbers to cooperate just to kill him. It's not about what it meant and why it was there, it's about how well it was made.
>The whole film is just 'America is about false hope and money!' but condensed with a boring story.
see above
>goodfellas
>"guise, Im gonna compare every mafia flick to goodfellas and every movie with at least 2 minutes shot inside a car with drive XD"

This movie sucked so bad

one of the few films that shit on obama early on. actually, might be the only one.

You got that vibe? Dude was not even elected yet bro. Was allegory on housing/mortgage crisis. If you live in the U.S., you probably know someone that abandoned their underwater (fluctuating upward interest rates) home around this time.

what did he mean by this?

i was more referring to how they trashed that stupid hope rhetoric he used to get elected

Junk.

Exactly. That is why this film rubs ppl the wrong way and makes them feel grimy after watching- it delves into truth.

Not a Christmas party movie.

I liked it, I'd give it a 7/10 desu.

Gandolfini in the bar scene ordering more booze seconds after receiving drink. Uncle does that.

What I never got was the robbery scene.
They kept their hands raised until towards the end when a couple put theirs underneath the table.
The camera is on their hands as it slips.
You're expecting something big to happen next, but no! The robbers just leave and nothing happens.
Chekov is spinning on his grave.

I got the feeling that his included scenes were extended because of his death.
The hotel room scene was long but I liked his acting here. Brad Pitt was great too.
I definitely preferred it to Black Mass which is the only recent comparable movie I can think of.

>I got the feeling that his included scenes were extended because of his death.
He died way after this was released

He was 12 Years a slave

Dominik says that he thinks of Gandolfini as a modern day Brando and really respects his work. I'm really glad this movie allowed him so much time on screen. He's electric, even just sitting in a hotel chair and talking about a hooker he misses.

From an outside view.

Yes America is buisness not a country.