Could Austin Powers be made in this day and age?

Could Austin Powers be made in this day and age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7cp4VTztoao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope. Too much feminism.

Probably but it would need to make fun of the Daniel Craig Bond.

No because he would have to be rewritten as an Algerian agent.

A parody of the Bourne series would be funny

The first movie holds up extremely well. The second is okay but shows its age, it was good at the time but it's just out of sync now. Third one of course wasn't that well received at the time of its release and has aged horribly.

youtube.com/watch?v=7cp4VTztoao

dumb frogposter

The only good one was the first movie

No the second was one of the very few decent sequels to novelty comedy films. Comedy sequels rarely if ever work as well as Spy Who Shagged Me.

Anchorman and Zoolander are 2 examples of where the sequel relied so much on callbacks and "remember this joke" bullshit and were never funny as a result. It took till Goldmember before Austin Powers hit that wall.

Nah nothing in the past could be made today because today is shit and the past was so amazing

why can't we go back

This the 2nd one has tons of great scenes
>three questions
>just the two of us
>and frau you look so...right
>Starbucks
>and a shipping house in Boston that builds miniature models..of factories

No because Mike Myers isn't even believably ironically handsome anymore.

you completely forgot fat bastard

Outside of the baby back ribs scene he wasn't funny

Not to mention they're sequels to movies that came out years before in which time the hype and expectations had built up to astronomical levels.

incorrect

I think his character has aged poorly for 2 reasons: American comedy has shifted away a lot from body humor which is his whole character, and because obesity has been realized as a very serious problem. Tons of Americans are obese, and there's even fat acceptance movements. People get upset watching Fat Bastard.

Yes in the sense that the content would be fine, no in that simple comedies like Austin Powers just don't get made anymore
It's mainly a bunch of silly visual gags and wordplay, it's not like Blazing Saddles where there are chunks of comedy that are based on racial interactions and archetypes
Off the top of my head I can't think of anything from Austin Powers 1 that you wouldn't be able to get away with today, the only thing that would change are cultural references, like how Scott wouldn't be an early 2000's MTV kid and would be some kind of parody of millennials

>"Oooh frisky are we? Give it up!"
>not great

Just watch Spectre.

Actually, it would be funny if it's set in the 90s.

AP4 when?

I have actually had a vague want to re-watch these old kino.

Just today, I thought to remind Cred Forums, out of the blue (I haven't thought about the movies much in years) That I Have One Simple Request, AND THAT IS TO HAVE SHARKS, WITH FRICKIN' LASER-BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS!