Horror Movies

movies that scared you when you were young

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsjhdoWKtXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wanted to watch Alien as a kid, but my parents didn't let me. As an alternative, they showed me this. They thought it'd be fine considering it's more than a borderline comedy and its fairly light-hearted throughout.

I was terrified of giant subterranean worms for longer than I'd like to admit. I remember one conversation where my dad reassured that the rock and limestone underneath my house was too thick for them to be able to break up through.

Nowadays, I fucking love it. Absolutely terrific movie.

That scared the shit out of me when I was younger. Though I remember The Exorcist, Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween scaring me the most as a kid. I know I thought Scream was stupid, but now I think it's the GOAT slasher. I still stand by Ghostface's costume not being scary though.

goddamn how old were you??
fuck yeah dude, i didnt walk on loose soil for the longest time. im stickin to the concrete.

Mine is Deep Blue Sea. grandparents took me to see it in theaters. i couldnt take baths without gettin scared.

The Shining gave me nightmares for a very long time. I wanted to keep my door open when I was in bed just so I could see if those two creepy twins were there

This and Darkness Falls are the only horror films to invade my dreams. And my dad made sure I watched every horror movie. As a big horror fan the only horror story to invade my dreams as an adult is IT, no not the movie.

Funny thing was, I was already scared of aliens because of X-COM and watching the odd X-Files episode. So by the time I'd finished with Tremors, I wasn't even safe hiding out on top of buildings.

Also, to contribute, but not with another example of mine personally, I remember my brother and I watching the remake of War of the Worlds when he was younger. I looked over some time around the point in the movie where they're trying to escape onto the boat, and the Tripods start walking over the hills and see them. My brother was pale as a ghost, scared out of his mind. He had nightmares for ages, mostly about the panic of the people trying to escape from the aliens. Luckily, I'd grown out of my alien fear at that age.

Would you believe I only saw The Shining for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it still creeped me out? Can't imagine watching it as a kid.

fuck. i watched this at a friend's house as a kid and had to walk home at night. was always looking at the sky expecting this cunt to snatch me away.

Freddy wasn't fucking around in this one.

>You wanna play skin the cat?

>mfw I found out jeepers creepers was made by a pedophile

watched this when I was 6, my younger brother had a leaning toy that looked like chucky, I was terrified.

though as a kid i was scared by the lion, the with and the wardrobe and the wolf from the never ending story

Source?

Fuck, I watched a lot of horror movies as a kid but this shit traumatized me like nothing else.
I still get triggered by that little doll cunt and other creepy dolls

Just read about Victor Salva. For a bonus watch powder

Anyone else browse the video store as a young kid and look at the covers of R rated horror movies and wonder what they would be like?

Lol, I'm watching Jeepers Creepers right now, and I just got past the scene where the thing licks the teenager. I wonder if crew started looking around at each other awkwardly while shooting that.

i remember seeing this picture on the back cover of bad taste as a kid & being utterly shocked.

>I wonder if crew started looking around at each other awkwardly while shooting that.
Not as awkward as Tommy Wiseu who demanded that the entire crew be present for his sex scenes of the Room

I wish I was a kid again. Horror movies had so much more of an impact

Fucking Blockbuster man. I remember I'd always run in, grab a couple PS2 games and a movie or two to rent, then run over to the horror movie section while my brother and parent/s were busy looking for their own stuff.

That doesn't surprise me. Wiseau's a fucking loon.

>Wiseau's a fucking loon.
You heard how he wants to stop James Franco's documentary from being screened about the making of the Room? (Well it isn't James Franco's documentary technically but he does star as Tommy).

I agree with this. I ended up seeing all the doll-related horror around the same time (Child's Play, Slappy from Goosebumps, some Are You Afraid of the Dark episode, that one R.L. Stine series where Shia Labeouf gets turned into a doll) and it made me scared of dolls.

I didn't get over it until I saw a VH1 Special on Child's Play and Dee Snyder went "who the fuck would be scared of Chuckie? Just step on him, he's dead." And that sort of became my mantra until I got over it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wsjhdoWKtXM

Couldn't sleep alone during the next 3 weeks

lol, you could just punt him across the room if he triedto get close to you.

This was messed up. Up till this scene, I thought it was just going to be a drama/mystery. I didn't realise how fucked it was going to get.

The Exorcist and Amityville Horror( original)

I slept with the lights on for like 2 weeks

Gremlins
Jurassic Park
The Exorcist
Pinocchio

And the X-Files theme spooked the fuck out of me, I didnt even need to watch the actual show.

>tfw I was a massive scaredy cat as a kid
>couldn't even watch shit like Supernatural without having nightmares
>whenever me and my sister went to Blockbuster I'd have to cover my eyes with my hands if she went into the horror section because I couldn't even look at the covers
>used to be scared as shit of Sigourney Weaver as Zuul or whatever the fuck it was called at the end of Ghostbusters
>to this day I still can't even watch anything worse than Evil Dead or the Dawn of the Dead remake because I just cannot stand the feeling of being scared, horror movie fans are basically sadists to me

What is wrong with me, Cred Forums?

>What is wrong with me, Cred Forums?
It's just something about how your brain is wired. I heard something about if one of your brain halves is more prominent than the other (can't remember which one) you will like the feeling of being scared, but if the other half is more prominent you will absolutely hate being scared.

The Grudge.
I was a nervous wreck after watching it
And because I'm a stupid shit I checked up all the ju-on movies after that

I had nightmares for YEARS, until finally I watched the Grudge again and realized it was garbage - especially compared to my nightmares.
Then I went on to watch the ju-on movies entirely - not just a compilation of the spooky scenes - and they nearly put me to sleep.

good old days

Don't feel bad, man. I've met plenty of people who just can't tolerate being scared. They think I'm crazy for watching something that elicits what they think is the worst possible response.

Hell, the only way I was able to get my ex to watch Mama was by telling her that it was a fantasy movie. She never forgave me.

It's funny but, from my experience, the best way to get over Child's Play was by watching the rest of the movies.
Pure horror to horror comedy.

It, the mini series
It still scares for a reason; fucking clowns